An interesting start...
I was reared in Stockport (then Cheshire, but now part of Greater Manchester). At the time Hazel Grove in southern Stockport was considered one of the better areas. It's decades since I left. I can't help worrying that the Cradle Grove in this story might be the modern version of Hazel Grove...
Before leaving Lakehurst for the swim meet in Riverbend...
After the swim meet in Riverbend...
I see @drsawzall has already commented on this. My assumption is that the author. @Tony S., simply forgot that Matt had driven to the meet.
When I was a child in England back in the 1950's there were various flavours of what were then called mineral waters (now probably known as sodas). My favourite flavour was Dandelion and Burdock.
Well, I'm way past that certain age, But I've never said virus when I meant viral.
I did, however, for a long time think that the word meme, was pronounced like the French word "même" until a young friend told me different.
Mea culpa. I should have remembered that.
Binge-reading these Carter books and Andrew books means I'm getting as tired as poor Will and Jacob. 😴 So sleepy, I mixed up Jacob and Ned's origins.
O. M. F. G! 🤣
***Marty sprays coffee all over his laptop and desperately searches though drawers and cupboards for his external keyboard so he can type this response...***