Jump to content

Summerabbacat

Members
  • Posts

    8,322
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Summerabbacat

  1. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 61

    I found plenty of photos of them online just by keying their character names. I was aware of Rick(y) Nelson and remembered when he died as I was 21 at the time. I had not heard any of his music that I can recall as I did not investigate music which had been popular prior to 1973/74, which is when I started to listen to music more intensely. Investigating music from the past was not something I did much of until the 1990's I think.
  2. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 30

    As a long-time vegetarian I have found their food choices abhorrent for ethical reasons, but putting this aside, their food choices, including Taco Bell are so unhealthy. Fat, sugar, artificial colouring and flavouring constant.
  3. I have just re-read the synopsis @CincyKris and noted this comment again: "There, he shares a full existence with Jamie, the young man in high school that he secretly loved." Given this, I think maybe everything Adam has reminisced about from the time Jamie said hello to him for the first time has been a figment of his imagination. You previously posed the question about his family too and whether they are aware of his tenuous grip on reality. I have to wonder if maybe the "charmed" relationship he had with his family is also a figment of his imagination. If so, it could explain his current predicament too. The suspense is "killing" us @ChromedOutCortex.
  4. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 30

    I doubt Nana is aware of anything yet other than that Jack would like to contact her @SilentandBroken. If Jack’s birthing vessel and sperm donor threaten him again I suspect Nick will show his mother the photos, although the best case scenario is Jack disclosing to his Nana how he has been treated by Beelzebub and Medea. At the very least they need to see the inside of prison for a very long time, but it would be cheaper to have them perish; maybe murder/suicide when they are exposed and ostracised by their so-called friends.
  5. An exhilarating chapter @ChromedOutCortex, but was it one in which Adam displayed the first sign(s) of what may eventually devastate him, anxieties which may dismantle his relationship with Jamie. I am still inclined to believe though that Jamie is dead, and that his death is what sent Adam into a spiral of desperation and depression, and into a world in which he is totally divorced from reality.
  6. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 30

    Nick's mother needs to put out a hit on Jack's parents. Hopefully his Nana is made aware of his mistreatment at the hands of his parents and is able to not only help him, but see to it that his parents have their parental rights revoked, and that they are incarcerated, although their demise would be an even better outcome for Jack. The food the boys ate in this chapter, even with Dr Kincaid, was the usual junk food. I am surprised they are not all farting like Butt-Breath Johnston. Five hot dogs had me almost puking. One alone is gross, but five. 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮 NIck's reminiscing about Mr Bojangles and the part he played in helping Nick cope with his father's death and other unhappiness in his life should not be downplayed. Although I am much more a "cat person" I do not underestimate the healing power of canine company any more than I do feline company. A very satisfying chapter @LittleBuddhaTW. I do hope Jack's parents are going to suffer significantly and soon.
  7. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 2

    Two stories in the top 10 'Most Read Mystery' for the month ending 26/09/25 on GA; Bleeding Hearts at # 3 and The Truth Of Yesterday at # 9. Well done @Josh Aterovis.
  8. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 61

    I was not familiar with the other daddies @KKirk, but had heard of Leave It To Beaver, The Ozzie & Harriet Show, and The Donna Reed Show, although I have never seen any of them. I grew up in rural Australia and we had one commercial TV channel only. Those three shows were essentially finished by the time I started to watch TV anyway. Of the three daddies, I found Carl Betz the most handsome. One can certainly see where Ricky Nelson got his good looks from.
  9. And can be readily removed with relative ease. I cannot begin to imagine how much it would hurt to have a penile PA inserted or removed @drsawzall, or worse still as I alluded to in a prior chapter, if it got caught on something and was ripped out. Lorena Bobbitt and her handiwork spring to mind.
  10. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 4

    🎉🍾🥂🎉🍾🥂 Another top 10 placing @Mark Ponyboy Peters. This story after only three chapters has rocketed into the top 10 at # 5 in the Most Read Adventure on GA for the month ending 26/09/25. And there is cause for a double celebration as What Brings Us Together - Part 2 by fellow Aussie, @Paladin, re-enters the top 10 at # 6 in the Most Read Mystery on GA for the month ending 26/09/25. It's like Priscilla and Muriel's Wedding all over again, with not 1 but 2 Aussie superstars showcasing our unique sense of humour and talent. Well done lads.
  11. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 4

    I think you are right @weinerdog. Neither of my remaining cats would be able to take on a dingo, not even feisty Frida, who will be 16 in 2 weeks.
  12. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 4

    I had my suspicions, suspicions I just confirmed.
  13. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 4

    WTF? Peaches, Pixie, Fifi Trixibelle and Heavenly Hiraani Tiger Lily seem quite tame in comparison @Paladin. Whatever happened to those gorgeous names of yesteryear mentioned by The B-52s in their song 52 Girls. Effie, Madge, Mabel, Biddie, Tina Louise, Hazel, Mavis, Wanda, Janet, Ronnie, Reba, Kate, Cindy, Crystal, Candy, Mercedes, Joan, Betty, Brenda, Suzie, Anita, Phoebe and Jackie. I don't actually like all of them to be honest, but some are gorgeous. And I love other "vintage" names like Ava, Peggy, Sophia, Claudia and of course Zelda. But the ones above, apart from Vivian, Damian and maybe Griffin, are just wrong.
  14. It was very amusing, moreso because I totally agree. Thank you @Seraph28. It comes and goes throughout spring. I am fortunate to some extent that I don't have a constantly running nose for months. I have aching/throbbing teeth, jaw, eyes, joints and get very hot and itchy arms. I refuse to take the anti-histamine medications that many take as they just put one to sleep. I seek relief with acupuncture and natural therapies. My youngest cat also gets terrible hay fever, with a heavily blocked nose and lots of sneezing. We are a pair of "invalids" during spring, but thrive when the warmer temperatures of summer arrive.
  15. So sad, but true @pvtguy.
  16. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 4

    He/she changed their name to Expialidocioius Daub maybe @weinerdog, or Illinois East Banana Daub or Zippy D.
  17. Unless Audra and Jock have changed considerably as they have aged, it is difficult to conceive they raised such a shallow, conceited and thoroughly unlikeable son @pvtguy.
  18. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 29

    I don't know about that @drsawzall. I think Noah would "take" just about anything lying down, so long as it had a pulse, and perhaps not even.
  19. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 4

    The community welcomed Nate, none moreso than my favourite, Fergus. I don't think I have ever seen a dingo other than on TV @Mark Ponyboy Peters. I just researched them a little and they are an interesting animal, often ridding the environment in which they live of invasive pests. The community banded together to help Danny and Jake start on construction of their home. Even without the latest high-tech tools and pre-fabricated components, I could almost guarantee their home would be better built than some of the shoddy developments in Sydney, and I daresay in other capital cities and larger regional cities. Joaquin and Phoenix; I rather like both names. I rather like all his siblings names, River, Rain, Liberty (my least favourite) and Summer. I wonder if the three way will result in any unrest for any of the parties involved? A turning point in the relationship between Danny and Jake, and/or Danny and Nate perhaps. I guess they have seen each other In The Flesh before, but never with such intimacy, well not with Nate any way. They arrived unheralded in our living room in September 1977 @Mark Ponyboy Peters courtesy of Molly and Countdown, and soon established themselves as @Summerabbacat favourites, second only to ABBA. They have retained their popularity, at least with me, and their leader, an iconic goddess, still rocking it at 80 years of age.
  20. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 2

    Judy is right to be concerned for Jake's welfare. Drug dealing is the most obvious money-making venture Jake has become involved in, particularly given the story's content warning, although escorting is quite possible too. Whatever his venture, I hope it does not result in his death or incarceration, although given the story synopsis it could very well be the former. The rainbow pendant; what a beautiful gift. Killian appeared well pleased with this gift, one which is more welcome, at least for now, than his inherent "gifts". The intrigue regarding Carmen's identity resurfaced. I am assuming she must be someone relatively well known in the local community, and given her height, even without heels, it would be hard not to notice her. I am thinking she must be someone very butch, or someone involved in a very butch profession in her day-to-day life. The story title intrigues @Josh Aterovis. Is it a reflection of Micah or Jake's past, or perhaps something from Judy or Novak's past?
  21. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 61

    “Yes, it is very cool,” he said as turned into the alleyway leading to Brandi’s back door." I am sure it was unintentional @KKirk, but I had a great laugh when I read this. I thought to myself Alan will never be knocking on Brandi's back door again, but she might come-a pegging his back door now that his inner power bottom has been awakened. Perhaps she can strap-on Big John or his "cousin" Titanic Teyshawn. Calvin is very fortunate to have such an understanding and liberal father, one who has given him wise counsel on a number of occasions now. And it happened again, a completely "inappropriate" song popped into my head when Calvin answered the door to find his hot date, Brady, grinning back at him. "Here's a story of a man named Brady etc etc etc". My early teenage self did not find any of the Brady sons attractive, but Daddy was quite a different thing. Looking at photographs of Robert Reed now I think my teenage self was right, he was a good looking man.
  22. It brought a tear to my eye, although that may be more from the heavy hay fever I have had today. "Jason snorted in response. “Journalists hang out on the most unsavoury of places. Food tends to be of the sturdy and plentiful variety. Besides, I’m more interested in local and ethnic food than poncey French-inspired international stuff.” This statement gave me a great laugh @Robert Hugill. This story just keeps getting better and better.
  23. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 29

    No surprises, Mr B is my favourite character @drsawzall, followed closely by Jack and Nick. I warmed a little more towards Nick's mother in this chapter; I still think she works too hard and too much, but she is certainly resolute in her support for Nick and Jack. What a breath of fresh air she must be for Jack after living with the cruelty and indifference of Ron and Marjorie for his whole life. Perhaps @LittleBuddhaTW can arrange for their demise, death by Johnston fermentation. Nick and Jack's relationship is progressing at a rate with which both are comfortable, something which augurs well for its longevity, although once regular sex becomes part of the relationship it could change the dynamic, and not necessarily for the better. As a number of readers have commented, Nick's coming out to Tommy went remarkably well, and as @drsawzall has speculated, it may be because they have more in common than either realised. A rather serene chapter, one devoid of any biochemical hazards "courtesy" of Butt Breath Johnston, any egomaniacal come-ons "courtesy" of narcissistic Noah, or any goblin gibberish "courtesy" of Jonah. At this rate Nick and Jack will return to Harrison West in a state of chilled-out bliss.
  24. Damn it. I don't know how I ended posting the same comment twice with an edit the 2nd time to insert the cats. I only just managed to get back into GA again as it had been offline for hours (at least in Australia), so am going to blame it on "server issues".
  25. And don't forget the true star of this chapter @centexhairysub, finally getting some long-awaited and deserved attention, the Queen herself, Moggie aka Mrs Mogs to her most ardent fan, Jacob. She came, she purred, she preened, and she pissed off. 🐈‍⬛🐈‍⬛🐈‍⬛🐈‍⬛ It appears Hortensia may be "uncomfortable" with Jacob and Maxi's colour. Why am I not surprised. The nude breakfast was not as relaxed as naked tea in the garden. Did it perhaps have something to do with the time of day i.e. first thing in the morning, or was it because it was presumably colder. @centexhairysub has made the comment before as have a number of other faithful Hugillites @Robert Hugill, you make the mundane interesting, even captivating at times. Even the bird-watching almost sounds interesting (and I am more than just a little frightened of most birds).
×
×
  • Create New...