Jump to content
Last Call for Anthology Stories! ×

Summerabbacat

Members
  • Posts

    8,307
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Summerabbacat

  1. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 36

    And they should be used so the full force of the law is brought to bear upon Jack's parents now they have surrendered their parental rights @drsawzall. If Jack is physically and mentally able to do so he should work with Nana Bev and Dr Kincaid to ensure his parents are ruined, financially and emotionally, their lives shattered, and publicly humiliated. They have got off scot free and that is just not right. Agreed @drsawzall; medications are not the only answer (and I speak from experience). I am still somewhat sceptical Jonah's apology was completely genuine. He referenced Christian instructing him several times on what needed to be said to calm troubled waters. I think maybe he wants his apology to be sincere, but what was the motivation? I suspect self-gain yet again was the primary motivator. I will be very happy to be proven wrong. After Nick's melt down in this chapter @Paladin I am not convinced Nick did respond as he initially indicated to Jonah's kiss. He appears to catastrophise often, frequently blaming himself for things which may or may not have happened, for which he may or may not have even been partially responsible. Both Nick and Jack need a heavy dose of Bojangles loving; in fact, as I have commented before, Mr Bojangles should be admitted to Harrison West for both Nick and Jack as a therapy dog. His devotion to both should not be underestimated as having a positive impact upon their mental health.
  2. And counting @vanalas. Hopefully these bitch slaps herald many more to come, including some literal bitch slaps. I would like to see Elena deliver at least one, more if possible, literal slaps to Veronica, hard and fast, such that they knock Veronica sideways, upside down and inside out. Bitch has it coming to her. As for Harry, the most devastating punishment for him will be Zayn and River forming a genuine relationship, one which excludes Harry from even the slightest acknowledgment, other than that he was a grave mistake Zayn made in the past, one from which Zayn has moved on and emerged stronger, happier, content and wiser. Harry who? Perhaps Harry and Veronica can console each other in poverty and destitution, each a painful reminder to the other what they have lost. Eat shit and die bitches. 🤣🤣🤣
  3. “The truth is… I’ll never know. And that’s what hurts most. My family accepts me, and I’m grateful. But the one person I looked up to the most? He never got to see me for all of who I am.” Beautifully written heartfelt sentiment @ChromedOutCortex.
  4. “You shouldn’t judge someone’s cooking, dear, when you’ve never set foot in a kitchen yourself.” Bitch slap # 1. “—And what?” Leonardo interrupted, voice cold. “How would you know, Veronica? Last I checked, you’ve never been married long enough to find out.” Bitch slap # 2. “Two minutes of marriage before your husband ran off and left you pregnant—maybe you’re not the best authority on relationships." Bitch slap # 3. “River isn’t a stranger. He’s Zayn’s guest—and his boyfriend. Show some respect, Veronica. You’re a grown woman, not a tantrum-throwing child.” Bitch slap # 4. Leonardo did not just burn Veronica @Seraph28, he roasted her alive, humiliated her, exposed her as the shallow, pathetic bitch she is, and JUDGED HER for it and found her wanting. 🤣🤣🤣🤣. Better than that @vanalas; I almost had a hands-free orgasm, no lube or visual stimulation required, not a "stallion" in sight, just the joy of witnessing Veronica humiliated by none other than her brother, Leonardo Alexis Morel Carrington Colby Dexter Rowan. 🥳🎉🥳🎉🥳🎉. I have been intrigued by Leonardo's treatment of River in the latest two chapters. River's refusal to accept Veronica's rudeness has no doubt impressed Leonardo, as has his obvious intellectual capacity. River appears to have almost become a confidante for Leonardo, dare I say an equal. I wonder what legal matter he wanted to discuss with River, and did he seek River's counsel? I won't be at all surprised if Leonardo is devising a strategy to remove Harry from the equation, recognising him as being the "real" gold digger, and equally will not be surprised (or is it more wishful thinking on my part), if Leonardo is contemplating removing Veronica from the family company, recognising she brings nothing but disharmony and vindictiveness to the table. Her ultimate downfall will be worthy of not one, not even two or three, but five Toni Braxton's @Seraph28. The message from Leonardo is in the song title, Veronica, c u next Tuesday. As for Zayn's poor treatment of River not once, but twice, I think Zayn will feel the weight of his family's disapproval, apart from Veronica, a heavy burden to carry for some time. If Veronica is smug enough to comment again, and I think her sense of entitlement will almost certainly tempt too greatly, I think she will feel the sting of Leonardo's rebuke swiftly and with a ferocity which will shock.
  5. A great idea @centexhairysub. A disco at The Grange, a fund raiser for The Reserve, prison reform and LGBTQI organisations. Queers for queers, hosted by the philanthropic Philpotts, a night of dance, poetry reading and frivolity. @Robert Hugill may be able to use some of his "connections" in the business, and commission a few live performances from some former/current pop stars who identify as LGBTQI; little Jimmy Somerville, Andy Bell, Marc Almond (he would likely enjoy Gray's poetry reading), Holly Johnson, Hazell Dean and Samantha Fox. Perhaps the Pet Shop Boys might even pop over and perform something Absolutely Fabulous. And seeing Vince and Peter, and Freddie and Arvid, dancing together without reservation would be a joy to witness. I imagine Sandra might enjoy like a turn around the dance floor too, and I have no doubt she would relish observing Matt dancing with Gray. I think Neil Tennant would be an ideal dancing partner for her @Robert Hugill.
  6. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 10

    Her physical description, particularly the deep voice, had me thinking of a young goth “version” of Justin Vivian Bond (a fellow Maryland resident @Josh Aterovis) or Marianne Faithfull. I am hopeful that apart from solving the murder, Killian’s mind is broadened by learning more about Micah’s former profession. And it is a profession, one which performs a vital public service for its clientele. I am still waiting for what I expect may be “the reveal”, the moment when Micah shows Killian a photograph of Patrick, the photograph which will suggest a link between Jake and Patrick, even if only a professional link. I can’t help but think the man in the photograph with Patrick is tied to his murder. Perhaps a “pillar” of conservative society i.e. a religious and/or Republican hypocrite whom Patrick attempted to blackmail and who murdered him before Patrick had the opportunity to expose him. I hope it was not Jake who murdered Patrick. The heat is really on now @Josh Aterovis. I will not be surprised if more escorts e.g.Razi are murdered.
  7. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 9

    Although Kate would never make me "jizz" she certainly has plenty of "rizz". Not well known in the USA, apart from Running Up That Hill, she has been popular in my native Australia since her spectacular debut in 1978 with Wuthering Heights. I have been a fan ever since. She is also known for her intelligence and sense of humour, somewhat dark at times. I imagine JW might appeal to her @Josh Aterovis. Another reason to like her.
  8. Is that Jr, Sr or both @Lee Wilson? Raymond's mother was appalled by what he had done, whereas Daddy told him to shut up and say nothing. Another Rod Quincy Sr perhaps? A pushy father whose son wants to be winner so Dad will be proud of him? He certainly wouldn't be the first arsehole father in Wilsonlandia. Have we seen the last of the Mitchells? I suspect not. I was surprised Michael's last tetanus shot had been administered when he was 10 years old. Surely he should have had a tetanus shot when Sandy Hairston sat on him and rubbed her "private parts" on him. Given where said private parts had been and with whom they had been, particularly the number of "whoms" they had been shared with, a tetanus shot would have been a wise precaution. If not a tetanus shot, at least a rabies shot.
  9. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 35

    Hooray, another reader who appears not to have succumbed to Jonah's charms completely. I have found Jonah to be witty, intelligent and mostly likeable since he made his first appearance, although there have been times I found him a little tiresome. In this chapter I found him to be irritating, manipulative and selfish. He does not care about the angst he has caused Nick and the damage it might cause to Nick and Jack's relationship, he only cares how it is going to impact on himself. He showed himself to be shallow, insensitive and selfish in his treatment of Danny, and is repeating that behaviour again. Jonah is a millennial princess, everything is about me, me, me. Frankly I don't care why he behaves like he does; he does not deserve Nick and Jack's friendship. I am thoroughly unimpressed with him after this chapter, and not from any moral objection, my objection is he knows how fragile both Jack and Nick are, but did he care? Not one fucking iota because its all about his desires, his needs, and if that has a detrimental effect on others, well shit happens.
  10. Summerabbacat

    Family Life

    Perhaps another McDonald Philpott or David Hargreaves (whose name I don't even remember reading before) or Norman (Ralph's father, whose family I cannot remember)?
  11. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 9

    I wonder if the damsel in distress is Novak's daughter, the result of an extra-marital affair, or a donation at the sperm bank? Rizz, not a word I have encountered before @Josh Aterovis. Initially I thought you must have misspelled jizz, and given the context rizz was used in, jizz could have fitted almost as well. Kane is certainly a little horndog; I imagine Eve would be horrified to learn her youngest son is a sowing his wild oats; why it may even lead to her having a life threatening episode. Quick, quick, someone needs to inform her post-haste that her son is not only tasting "forbidden fruit", he is devouring it like Kate Bush in the joyful video for Eat The Music. Watching I could hot help but think Kate's head and/or neck must have been mighty sore after making the video. I felt slightly nauseous from the motion, definitely not from Kate though. Micah is obviously suspicious about Patrick's death. I will not be surprised if, and when, Micah produces a photograph of Patrick, Killian gets a helluva shock. Is Jake in danger too. I can feel the tension starting to build @Josh Aterovis. You are right, this one is building steam slowly but surely.
  12. Harry is like a mild case of eczema, irritating and inconvenient, but a condition which can be brought under control with the right treatment. Veronica conversely is like a persistent venereal disease, one which is very difficult to eradicate even with the right treatment, or a severe case of gastroenteritis, causing pain and suffering, dehydration and malaise. Harry is an amateur, whereas Veronica is the real thing, a conceited, dangerous, entitled, backstabbing super bitch. My ideal vengeance for Veronica changed in this chapter; I no longer want River largely responsible for her downfall, I want her downfall to be orchestrated by Leonardo. His humiliation and banishment of her from his life would I think be far more painful for her, and whatever downfall she experiences, I want it to be painful and very public. Poverty, loss of physical beauty and public humiliation to the maximum level possible will suffice thank you @vanalas. Perhaps an attack of extreme gastrointestinal cramping followed by loud and explosive diarrhoea, in public, will get the ball rolling very nicely. Shit on shit, very apropos. C u next Tuesday, Veronica.
  13. Nor did I @Seraph28. I had a vision of him having a seizure so consumed was he by rage and jealousy, but then I thought it might make a mess and felt sorry for whichever household staff would have to clean up the mess.
  14. Summerabbacat

    Family Life

    I suspected as much. I remembered its specific targeting in My Beautiful Laundrette, but given your use in this chapter thought its application must be broader now.
  15. Summerabbacat

    Family Life

    To be honest @Gary L, I thought Con's response would be worse. There was no name calling - pansy, poofter, shirt lifter and fudge packer were the adjectives which I thought might be uttered by Con before any sense of decorum kicked in. Part of his reaction was likely motivated by a real surprise, Con assuming Russ would be very strait-laced, settled down “In a nice house, with a slightly younger man who devoted himself to cooking and gardening.” Instead, he is in a throuple with a married couple, one of whom has a son resulting from a relationship with a woman, and not just a sperm donation to a female friend. With encouragement from Lisa, Con may realise Russ' relationship affects him naught and therefore he should just be happy for him. "Lisa was short, curvy, and still with lovely blond hair, but now with less artificial gloss." I had a great chuckle at another of your delightful euphemistic physical descriptions @Robert Hugill. I initially interpreted it as "short and dumpy, still with appealing hair, but she has really let herself go", but revisited and thought this was me projecting as nasty bitch. Lewis and Wayne, definitely not my cup of tea, way too chatty and demanding. Hopefully once the excitement of Russ' arrival wears off, they will become a bit more sedate, but I won't hold my breath waiting for this to happen. Barrow-job, another Hugillism @Robert Hugill. According to Google a slang term popular in some parts of the UK, meaning cash in hand. It does sound vaguely familiar to me. though. I am puzzled by Russ' reference to having been abused with Paki. I thought his spelling of Kahn was Germanic, and that the only reason for his "brownness" is his Haitian maternal grandmother, Grand Mere, or has my memory failed me yet again, or is Paki a generic insult to anyone who is not white? Most enjoyable chapter.
  16. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 45

    Technology is on occasion the bane of my existence, particularly when it is forced upon me and the attitude of many is "move with the times old man" or piss off. Suffice to say, the air is often blue in my vicinity, particularly when working from home using my work laptop. Utter shit compared to my own laptop. As is always the case with a visit into the lives of the Devlin-Majors family, there was much to enjoy, although one "situation" disappointed, and to some degree troubled me. The troubling "situation", the belief of Jenny, and likely Ken too, they are not "real" grandparents to the children because they are not related by blood. I can understand this belief regarding Cameron and Elizabeth given they were born to be raised by Andrew and Ryan, but not with Jamie and Fiona who were born to be raised by Beth and Nicky. I believe had Beth and Nicky not been tragically killed, both would have paid particular attention to this to ensure Jenny and Ken were recognised, and felt welcome and included, as grandparents, even though Nicky played no physical part in their conception. I am not in any way criticising Jenny or Ken for having this belief because legally I assume they would not be recognised as having any filial connection to any of the children, which I think is very sad, not only for Jenny and Ken, but for the children too. To the credit of Andrew and Ryan, they do not appear to share this belief and have welcomed Jenny and Ken as grandparents to all the children, including Cameron and Elizabeth. Quite thought provoking @Andre Delport, not something I have ever given any thought to because I don't really like children, but something which has given me food for thought nevertheless.
  17. With all proceeds going to prison reform and LGBTQI organisations.
  18. Yummy, yummy, yummy I want cum in my tummy and I feel like-a humpin' Vee Yummy, yummy, yummy I want cum in my bummy and I feel like-a ridin' Theo Jack has disclosed his status to Vince, he was an asexual virgin. He now wants Theo to do unspeakable things to him, wants Theo to put his large thing into his tiny thing, wants Theo to mount him with wanton lust, and he wants to lick Theo all over. It appears the more Jack talks about it, the more he wants to be fucked by Theo within an inch of his life. Perhaps this is the beginning of Jack's "self-moistening" @Cane23, his dormant pheromones going into overdrive. Vince the guardian may need to find a high pressure washer upon landing in Pinemoor to dull Jack's scent, otherwise Jack and Theo may be too distracted to fulfil their quest. And the cards appear to predict, and Theo appears to be desiring it be so, that Vince will be mounting him. Who would ever have thunk such a thing possible, Theodore Pembroke spit-roasted between a field mouse and a guardian; Theodore Pembroke topping and bottoming at the same time, and relishing his dual role. It could be enough to set off fire alarms @Laura S. Fox; best you call in the Ohio Players.
  19. Once again a splendid chapter @Robert Hugill. I chuckled as Matt and Gray combined their "talents" to cajole Sandra into having an overnight stay on the way to Southwold with her friend Elspeth, to enjoy a concert by a crooner they both admire. And there is a name I have not heard for many years, Elspeth. Another like Elsie, Mavis and Peggy. I rejoiced firstly witnessing Matt revelling in the role of boyfriend and embracing it with announcements to friends and colleagues alike; and secondly witnessing Vince revelling in the role of big brother, assisting or at least attempting to assist Gray with expanding brand "Graham Philpott". I was surprised, very pleasantly so, by Gray's acknowledgment that accepting brand "Graham Philpott" does not require him to sell himself to concepts or situations he opposes or feels uncomfortable with, although he does seem to be prepared to step outside his comfort zone somewhat now. And what would a journey to the Hugillverse be without a Hugillism, although on this occasion it was slightly different in that it was a word which I am well acquainted with, but had no idea it also had the meaning for which Robert used it. "Vince shook his head. “No idea. Kjell was exercised mainly about ‘people’ putting ideas into Arvid’s head." And finally, if, but hopefully when, you write a sequel to this most marvellous of stories @Robert Hugill, may I be so bold as to suggest a reason for a return appearance by venomous Venetia. Vince should invite her to a celebration of Gray's newfound success, together with the odious Kjell and his complacent spouse, Bella. He then introduces Kjell and Venetia to each other and encourages "vigorous" discussion between the two about something on which they disagree (this might be difficult). Interested parties observe with glee as the "vigorous" discussion explodes into violence, as first one, then the other, and finally both attempt to throttle each other. Vince must not allow any of the other party goers to intervene as to do so may cause them harm. The end result, two "neutered" troublemakers banished for good.
  20. So this is what he has been doing instead of screenwriting, producing, directing and acting. If you added singing to his resume, he would be a regular Barbra Streisand.
  21. Very entertaining @Lee Wilson; your fertile imagination on display yet again, with a healthy dose of black humour. I am certain it was not your intention, but I found myself repeatedly thinking the salamanders cannibalising each other represented the behaviour of some current leaders of governments across the world and some of the world's wealthiest citizens (take your pick to which scumbags I am referring as you're spoilt for choice).
  22. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 6

    He was certainly a brilliant songwriter, especially the songs he co-wrote with Carole Bayer Sager. A very underrated performer I think; he was probably too flamboyant (code for gay) for American audiences, although they loved Barry Manilow whom they thought was straight. WTF? LOL. I loathed Barry Manilow as a teenager (apart from Copacabana), but have grown to like his music as an adult, especially "syrup" like Mandy. I did not see the TV mini series, but I did see The Boy From OZ many years ago (in 1998) with Todd McKenney playing Peter, Jill Perryman playing his mother, and Chrissie Amphlett giving a frightening performance as Judy Garland (she was Judy Garland). I remembered his father committed suicide, but did not remember the Armidale connection. Perhaps because he wrote the song Tenterfield Saddler, admittedly about his grandfather, I only remembered his connection to Tenterfield.
  23. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 6

    But have you ever been married to Liza Minnelli @Mark Ponyboy Peters? Just like Peter, you had the right "credentials" to marry Liza, or her mother for that matter. I did not realise young Peter grew up in Armidale. I thought he was Tenterfield born and bred. Besides having meals in the New England Hotel, did you have drinks in the Ladies' Lounge where he used to play the piano? I had forgotten women used to be segregated in hotels. How fucking ludicrous. Some of the girls I went to school with could drink guys under the table, some of them whilst blowing a guy under the table at the same time. I saw him once in Flashez, a gay nightclub at the Gold Coast. It must have been 1990 or 1991 and he did not look well. He was only a slightly built man, and was there by himself. From what I have read about him since, he was intensely private. I loved I Go To Rio, but knew little else about him as a teenager. In later years I realised what a terrific songwriter he was, writing with the likes of Carole Bayer Sager frequently, and with David Lasley, Adrienne Anderson and Marvin Hamlisch.
  24. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 6

    He could report for duty in drag like Corporal Klinger from M*A*S*H* @weinerdog, although this would likely result in him being continually ridiculed rather than discharged. Perhaps he could report for duty singing the massive 1977 hit (in Australia), I Go To Rio by Peter Allen, similarly attired as Peter was in the video @Mark Ponyboy Peters. Such an appearance and performance would likely have raised suspicions at least, as to which team Nate was batting for. A great song from a country lad like yourself MPP, from the Northern Tablelands too. Watching this video again I think he might have "borrowed" one of @drsawzall's shirts for the performance. And did you know @weinerdog, he passed away in San Diego?
  25. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 6

    "Yes,’ he eventually replied. ‘Did you ever think of me like . . . that?’ Danny studied his friend, who was now propped up on one elbow and looking back at him with an expectant expression on his face. How much should he tell him? How could he tell him that he had been in love with him for years, but had been unable to say it, because he always expected the worst? And then how could he tell him that he fell in love with somebody else? ‘Well?’ Nate demanded to know. ‘I’ve loved you from the day I met you,’ Danny replied." This chapter needed a tissue-warning @Mark Ponyboy Peters, well it did for me anyway. Danny and Nate's friendship is a joy to witness. I wonder how many people, especially men, ever experience such a close friendship, with or without there being a sexual element to the relationship. The beauty of nature was on full display. The sunshine, the waterfall, the blue waterhole, the crystal-clear sky (I could have done without the eagle though, they scare the bejesus out of me). Balmy and serene, with a languid mood. Sounds divine @Mark Ponyboy Peters; totally unlike Sydney at the moment which, although it has been warm today (about 30°C), is being blasted by strong winds AGAIN. Hay fever hell for me and both my felines. A little MPP cheer most welcome by we three.
×
×
  • Create New...