-
Posts
8,302 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
Stories
- Stories
- Story Series
- Story Worlds
- Story Collections
- Story Chapters
- Chapter Comments
- Story Reviews
- Story Comments
- Stories Edited
- Stories Beta'd
Blogs
Store
Help Center
Writing
Gallery
Events
Everything posted by Summerabbacat
-
Holiday plans & interested relatives
Summerabbacat commented on Robert Hugill's story chapter in Holiday plans & interested relatives
The comments made by @Seraph28 aka the "blushy black man" and @pvtguy succinctly summarise the central theme of this chapter, and the appeal of the theme. Well done men. Wodge - another of your delightful Hugillisms @Robert Hugill. As is invariably the case with these Hugillisms , it is not a word I can recall ever encountering before in any medium. Much to love about this chapter, but for me the appearance of Audra Macdonald and her responses to, and assessment of, Slav was the pinnacle: Neither Slav, nor Rory as he listened, really noticed quite how often Slav mentioned Rory’s name, but Audra MacDonald did. She decided that she and Jock wanted to meet this rather gentle giant." -
I am sure Primrose is not suffering financially. I have to confess I had never noticed him before, but you are right. Craig, former resident of Thompsonville, later of LA, now known as Chase. I still think Sonique is hotter though, purely from an aesthetic viewpoint. She reminds me somewhat of the uber-stunning Sade. She was, and still is, gorgeous. Both British, black and beautiful.
-
"He couldn’t recall Skye having left him through the night, but he could recall almost every other detail: the touch of her skin against his, the faint smell of flowers in her hair, the taste of her lips on his, the feel of her hand on his youthful hardness as she guided him into her warm, moist and velvety inner sanctum." OMG @Mark Ponyboy Peters! I almost wet myself laughing at this description of a vagina. It is as if you borrowed it from your wealthy "cousin" Primrose Peters, from one of "her" best-selling bodice rippers. Hilariously funny, I think I even chuckled on the bus as I read it this morning. It did not last though as the following paragraph brought sadness: "he had just passed that test, which meant he was no longer a boy . . . he was no longer virginal . . . but was that what he truly wanted? Or would the feelings he held for another – feelings he knew could never be acted upon – forever cast a shadow over this memory?" I had to stop reading this story immediately and put my phone away as I felt a stray tear trickle down my face, one which could have released an avalanche of tears had I continued to read it. I knew immediately he was referring to Danny (and I am no genius), and would have embarrassed myself, blubbering like a big girl. Nate's thoughts awash with melancholy, and I felt profoundly sad for him. I had forgotten Jake's Sandman was burnt orange @Mark Ponyboy Peters, a colour I particularly like, one which is so apropos given we live in the Great Southern Land, a sunburnt country (and I have the sun-damaged skin to prove it, but boy did I love laying in the sun with my SPF4 Tropical Blend Reef Oil when I was in my teens, 20's and 30's. Jalopy, now there is a word I have not heard for many a year. A beautifully written chapter, one which cemented a friendship with something even deeper than what Nate and Danny had ever confessed to each other. Now if I must post a song @weinerdog, it is one which is simply called Sky (without the e), with fabulous vocals from British goddess, Sonique, former vocalist for S'Express. Great video (love the green and blue) and Sonique is smoking hot. One of @Summerabbacat's favourite songs from the first decade of the new millennium.
- 16 comments
-
- 10
-
-
-
I was toying with posting it in support of comments I made on the first chapter @weinerdog, but kept my selections year specific. Although both Pussyfoot's first single and Bay City Rollers version of I Only Want To Be With You were released late 1976, both charted strongly in 1977. In Australia Jigsaw were known as British Jigsaw because there was an Aussie band named Jigsaw who enjoyed chart success. Sky High charted in late 1975 and into 1976 and peaked at # 3 on our Top 40 charts. I liked the song and have it vinyl on a K-Tel compilation with the "hip" title Right On. I quite like the song, one of those little underrated gems one tends to forget because the band was a one-hit wonder. Only one video I can find for it, and it is not particularly impressive. Now I must read this chapter without further ado.
-
Website talk & land issues
Summerabbacat commented on Robert Hugill's story chapter in Website talk & land issues
Maybe? -
Castle poems, Insta feed, Crowdfunder rewards
Summerabbacat commented on Robert Hugill's story chapter in Castle poems, Insta feed, Crowdfunder rewards
Joan Collins second husband, Anthony Newley, was famously quoted as saying of his ex: "she would sell her own bowel movement". Let us hope Gray does not have to resort to such drastic measures, although there well may be a market for such Gray Philpott personal "treasures". -
Castle poems, Insta feed, Crowdfunder rewards
Summerabbacat commented on Robert Hugill's story chapter in Castle poems, Insta feed, Crowdfunder rewards
Sad! I am devastated @Seraph28. I am always devastated when a journey in the Hugillverse ends; the only tonic for this devastation in the past has been the start of a new journey in the Hugillverse (hint hint @Robert Hugill). -
I have just watched a lot of porn in the past 40 years @KKirk.
-
Castle poems, Insta feed, Crowdfunder rewards
Summerabbacat commented on Robert Hugill's story chapter in Castle poems, Insta feed, Crowdfunder rewards
Sad! I am devastated @Seraph28. I am always devastated when a journey in the Hugillverse ends; the only tonic for this devastation in the past has been the start of a new journey in the Hugillverse (hint hint @Robert Hugill). -
My favourite of all of the stories published on GA by @Mark Ponyboy Peters to date, primarily because it features my favourite character of all the wonderful characters he has gifted we readers with to date, Danny. Danny is like a most beautiful butterfly, learning to spread his "wings", approaching adulthood with a sense of maturity beyond his years, approaching adulthood after the most joyous surprise in his life to date, Jake. To reveal any more of the storyline will spoil it for those who have not yet had the privilege to read this beautifully written masterpiece, a work with a universal and timeless appeal. A 5 star rating is simply not enough for this story.
-
Castle poems, Insta feed, Crowdfunder rewards
Summerabbacat commented on Robert Hugill's story chapter in Castle poems, Insta feed, Crowdfunder rewards
I have just been applying the new rating system to your back catalogue @Robert Hugill and confirmed what I suspected, this is now your longest stand alone story. It is still going strong and maintaining a healthy following as was demonstrated by its recent reappearance in the top 10. -
Castle poems, Insta feed, Crowdfunder rewards
Summerabbacat commented on Robert Hugill's story chapter in Castle poems, Insta feed, Crowdfunder rewards
I frequently make the mistake thinking all millennials and those born thereafter are all-knowing regarding the use of social media, apps (the bane of my existence) and all things technology-related. It is very reassuring, and in the case of Gray very amusing, when they are as clueless, or perhaps even more clueless, than what I am. I refer to it as digital fascism when individuals, businesses and other organisations, refuse to relate to me in any way other than digitally. I am not completely incompetent, but believe people should still have a choice how they interact, particularly with government organisations. Matt surprised me, and seemingly Gray too, when he readily accepted he is the "observer" in Gray's newly written poems about the Castle. In fact, Matt seemed quite flattered. "Simon appeared with a sturdy blond-haired woman in a profoundly unflattering but probably highly practical trouser suit. Nora, presumably." Another of your humorous euphemistic descriptions of a character's physique and/or dress sense @Robert Hugill. Your talent for such descriptions never ceases to amaze me. "The thought of turning up to the house of one of Venetia Murrays of this world and reading poetry!" Does this portend another appearance by venomous Venetia? The mere mention of the woman's name would be enough to have Gray and more particularly, Vince, foaming at the mouth. As always, it was a pleasure to visit Philpott Towers for the latest developments. -
Another entertaining tale from the talented @Lee Wilson. Several characters make a welcome return and one, Marie Louise, a not so welcome return. Humour and drama abound, and an “unusual” murder is central to the storyline. The characters and the situations they find themselves in are believable, with a touch of @Lee Wilson “spice” added to heat things up.
-
I am so glad I took the time to read this story, a story which because of its genre I would not normally have been drawn to. I am still not certain what a wolfshifter is, but it is of limited importance in the grand scheme of things, well at least to me anyway. Beautifully written characters and a HEA are what was ultimately the most satisfying aspect of this story. Well done @Laura S. Fox
-
🥳🎉🥳🎉
-
You are full of surprises @Mark Ponyboy Peters. A very impressive achievement, one which alas I cannot "boast" of, having been like many teenagers in the 1970's, and by extension like many adults at least until I was about 35. I rarely drink now and do not miss it at all.
-
The description of Vance, his "appetite" and his "capacity", had me thinking of Joey Stefano. He certainly appeared to enjoy himself, impaled and well and truly stuffed, much like Joey did. Looking forward to the date between Calvin and Brady. Very, very sexy @KKirk.
-
Not even a shandy with Duncan?
-
It has a pub, that is all you need to know.
-
I was right in my speculation then. I assumed you had made the name up and just Googled it for fun. The town with a population of 659 is built on the banks of Kandanga Creek.
-
I have just discovered there is a town named Kandanga in rural QLD, near Gympie. Were you aware of this @Mark Ponyboy Peters? I like the name because it elicits images of kangaroos.
-
An interesting addition to the Killian Kendall universe with Killian discovering another "gift" he has which he had previously been unaware of. To say anymore would spoil the story, but it is a "gift" which enabled him to solve another mystery, one which took place over 150 years in the past. The usual quality writing from @Josh Aterovis such that one can accept the possibility of the unimaginable, the paranormal does not seem so extreme.
-
"Jordan, I was just about to call you. An Inspector Noel Lawson just called and wants you to call him back. Said it's important." Who shot JR? Geez Louise, this is more of a cliffie than any end-of-season episode of Dallas or any Richard @Paladin. My immediate thoughts were the Horse has escaped and bolted, Josh and Daniel's Uncle or Aunt have been killed, or evidence has been uncovered their parents were murdered (I still have not given up on this one). This chapter whilst mostly celebratory and joyous did need a "tissue warning", well at least for me @Paladin. "I want . . . . . I want that one day Kevin and I will be lovingly relaxed together the way you were when we came to the door." Another pause. "I'm afraid. Afraid that no matter how much I want that with Kevin I'll never be able to achieve it." Although it was not on my "bucket list", a bucket of tears was shed because of this one revelation from Daniel. I must say his revelation, much like Joshua's revelation in an earlier chapter, was exceptionally well-written, simply and factually told, and for this reason perhaps even more impactful than had it been delivered with melodrama. Another fine chapter @Paladin, concluded with a whopper of a cliffhanger. Perhaps A Letter Surprises in Paladin Paradise yet again?
- 24 comments
-
- 11
-
-
-
Thank you @SilentandBroken. I missed that crucial tidbit of information, probably because I had assumed he was still on "administrative leave".
-
Clearly nutrition is not high on Harrison West's list of priorities for its pupils nor part of the school curriculum. I have made the comment before so I apologise if I am like a broken record, but the "food" these boys eat with regularity is disgusting. I am surprised they don't all have halitosis like Halitosis Johnston aka Butt Breath. Speaking of Butt Breath, I agree with the speculation of @SilentandBroken, he has been placed in this role by the Dean. His placement smacks of duplicity on the part of the school, a punitive measure for the students for daring to incite unrest. It appears Nick, Jack and likely Christian, at least, are wary of Butt Breath, mindful things may not be as rosy as they were led to believe by Dr. Redmond. Frankly, I would not trust the school administration as far as I could throw them, especially if the likes of Karen are still involved in any capacity at the school. I am hoping, more than likely against all hope, that we have not seen the last of Mr G. If his employment is terminated I hope he has enough ammunition to sue the school for wrongful dismissal. Another superbly written chapter @LittleBuddhaTW.
