Jump to content
Bot Attack ×

Summerabbacat

Members
  • Posts

    8,363
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Summerabbacat

  1. "I don't think I'll ever understand why my family hadn't come down on me like a ton of bricks, though I am grateful that they didn't, because chances are I would have rebelled even harder. As it was, I was given the opportunity to find my feet, and that is probably why I am still here today. I can tell you that through some of those dark times, as I mourned lost friendships, suffered at the hands of bullies, and hit rock bottom, I had thoughts that could have easily overwhelmed me. But now, that was all in the past, and as I lay in bed that 'new me' mantra was all I could think about, and it was going to start first thing tomorrow. When I finally accepted that reality, sleep then came to me, and while it had been brief, I felt all the better for it when I woke a few hours later. Friday morning dawned bright and clear and my state of mind finally seemed to match it. There were still details to work through, you know, to dot the i's and cross the t's and all that, but I was confident that the future was looking better, even if I knew that there were also some challenges in front of us." A drastic change for our young JJ @Mark Ponyboy Peters. JJ, a lot less Sex Pistols, a little more S'Express. I did not mind the former and loved the latter. I remember S'Express were very popular at the height of my clubbing days. And yet another embarrassing faux pas. I have continually spelt Pearce incorrectly as Pierce. Clearly a little more Guy and a lot less Brosnan is the answer to this problem. Felicia would not be impressed.
  2. I had a similar thought @Philippe. If Timmy is the "slurpee" then I fear the "slurper" has been "doing the slurp" under duress, as I cannot imagine anyone volunteering to slurp on his icy pole. I hope it is the two boys whom JJ recognised when they emerged onto the balcony, although if he recognised one of their voices in the bathroom, one would think he knew them to some extent. Maybe the voice was that of "Mr Repentance", the younger student who branded JJ a sinner for having been caught by Tommy blowing a guy at the mall toilets.
  3. A crutch to the crotch such that Timmy has to crouch to the sound of the crunch. Ouch!
  4. Perhaps one of Morrie's "posing pouches" then @Gary L, or a wrestling singlet with the butt cut out? Embrace your inner Almodovar.
  5. “What would you do if they were, you know, doing it. With each other. Would it freak you out? Your dad and your uncle?” ‘I think it might have done once, but this year has been so odd. Doing all this, seeing Dad naked, seeing Jason naked, finding out Dad likes guys. All that stuff. And when the idea popped into my head I just, well, I took it on board.” He was quiet for a bit and then continued in a low voice. “And it’s not as if Mum is around. It’s ten years. Dad explained about all that when I was old enough to understand; that he might have another girlfriend, but it didn’t mean he’d forgotten Mum.” “Shit, I’m sorry.” “It is ten years, and Dad needs someone. I like Jason, I like having him around. It’s just a bit freaky that he’s my uncle, though it’s not against the law.” This latter said rather fiercely. " This is what you do soooooooooooooo well @Robert Hugill, write tender moments between father's and son's or between men, without it seeming overwrought, trite or sickeningly sweet. This discussion although not between father and son, discussed the relationship between father and son and the impact of a sexual relationship between father and uncle. Matthew's fierce defence of the legality of such a relationship between his father and uncle moved me tremendously. The characters in this story have grown in leaps and bounds, and I am enjoying this story so.
  6. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 2

    I have little doubt it will involve butts and balls again, with a "bat" thrown in for good measure. I wonder who will be the first to raise the suspicions of the girlfriend or tire thereof.
  7. I don't remember that at all; I will have to ask my siblings if they can remember having such a thing as they are 3 years and 8 years younger than you and I.
  8. I am just full of good cheer and an endless well of meaningless trivia (as well as shit) @Mark Ponyboy Peters. A comment which I have meant to make thus far on numerous occasions but keep forgetting to do so, is the mention of home rooms when JJ, Dallas, Merry, Pete and the rest of the students arrive at school in the morning. I know it was a long time ago when I was in high school (pre-Madonna), but I don't recall attending homeroom upon arriving at school. Did you have homeroom Mark, and if so is it a Catholic School "thing" (I think you have mentioned you attended a Catholic School, although again I could be full of it).
  9. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 16

    Jeez Louise aka suspicious Sawzall, you are even more mistrusting than me, but I have to confess on a couple of occasions I had a little chill go up my spine when Micah made suggestions which Killian readily agreed to. My biggest suspicion regarding Micah though is as commented by @VBlew above: For a struggling reporter, Micah seems to have nice things, nice car, nice apartment, expensive restaurant. Indeed @VBlew, his lifestyle does not reconcile with his employment and upbringing. I strongly suspect his parents are not blue-collar workers and that he did not go to university on a scholarship. His parents well may be the Gerber's of Guilford, Baltimore or the Gerber's of Greenwich Village, New York City. I don't think they are the Gerber's of Greenmount West, Baltimore who shop in Wal-Mart and survive on food stamps. If however, he has been truthful about his family, then I suspect he is either a drug dealer or high class escort, in addition to his job as a reporter. It is possible his job as a reporter may be a complete ruse, he might be in the witness protection programme and his real name is Micah Rothschild or Micah Vanderbilt or Micah Dupont. Even if any of Caleb's story about his family is true, it is still difficult to warm to him; he is just not a likeable person. The father/son relationship between Adam and Killian, briefly touched upon in this chapter, was heartwarming and endearing. Both have filled a hole in the heart of the other that few others, if any, could fill. A simply and sensitively written scene @Josh Aterovis. I had a great chuckle when Killian met Carmen, as I suspected almost immediately Killian did not realise that during daylight hours Carmen is simply known as Ronald, a panel-beater, garbage collector or traffic cop. And that music @Josh Aterovis, the music played at Inferno for disco dancing kitty cats. So well did you describe the atmosphere I could almost smell the scent of man sweat and poppers, and hear the glorious vocals of ABBA, Donna, Gloria, Amii, Sylvester, KC, Chic, Silver Convention, The Bee Gees, The Ritchie Family, Village People and a myriad of other rainbow-tinged stars. Bravissimo.
  10. I was not surprised Mrs Fierce Pierce stood up for Dallas and banished Mr Pompous Pious Pierce from the family home, and not without having given him a good bollocking before he left. I was perhaps a little surprised he left without apparently putting up much of a fuss, which leaves me thinking that my suspicion that Mrs Pierce is the one with the money might be "on the money". She may have come from a family of means and married "beneath" her status, although she does not appear to have any sense of superiority or entitlement. With Mr Pierce gone to a local motel to hopefully reconsider his opposition to Dallas' choice of partner (but I won't hold my breath), the Pierce household will likely be a far more harmonious and enjoyable household in which to reside. I just hope Mr Pierce is not a man who is prone to physical violence, although if he were I think we would have already witnessed it. I wonder if maybe he has had similar experience to Richard, Grayson's father in Stockroom Secrets (yay, I remembered his name @Mark Ponyboy Peters). Dallas with a pierced nipple? I guess it befits his name. Mr Pierce with his piercing. And finally a word of encouragement for Mrs Fierce Pierce and Dallas, not that I think either needs it.
  11. @Mark Ponyboy Peters has on a number of occasions written strong-willed mothers who have defended, or attempted to defend, their gay sons from criticism and/or harm from their husbands @weinerdog. I am unsure what it was about Mrs Fierce Pierce, but she struck me as particularly likely to do so. Perhaps it was the authoritative manner in which she spoke of her husband to JJ which gave me an inkling she was not going to tolerate any of her husband's anticipated homophobia. And once he has done kicking Timmy's arse he can go and place the same boot where the sun don't shine on his father.
  12. I have been waiting all day to Play In The Sunshine with Christopher, but alas it has been nothing but Purple Rain all day @weinerdog. I dare not go out in my Little Red Corvette looking for a Kiss or even a Glamorous Life as I would likely get shot down by a Sex Shooter, one without a Dirty Mind.
  13. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 55

    An interesting but wholly believable shift in the dynamics of Calvin and Alan's sexual compatibility. Alan formerly obsessed with being a top only and Calvin more than happy to be a power-bottom, have done a complete about face now on several occasions, none moreso than in this chapter, with Calvin adopting a commanding role, demanding Alan drink his cum and power fucking him with his own substantial manhood, before plowing him with the unprecedented length of Big Bob. Alan unsurprisingly enjoyed himself immensely, releasing his inner Joey Stefano with glee and unbridled lust. A scorching chapter @KKirk; write a few more of those and you might help reduce my electricity consumption at present, with Sydney experiencing the wettest and coldest winter I have had the displeasure of living through.
  14. I have forgotten how old Marie-Louise is @Lee Wilson.
  15. I have got to say I loved Beauty And The Beat and many of the tracks from the second and third albums too. I am not a fan of Belinda's solo stuff though, much of which was hugely popular across the board.
  16. I understood this to mean Matt was comfortable in his relationship with Gray and was enjoying sex with him in very secluded places or when no one else was at home at The Grange, but was not comfortable when he had the one "sleepover" at The Grange when Vince and Peter were home and Vince made a remark which meant he knew Gray and Matt had had sex in the annexe. Matt appears to be very private about sexual matters and easily embarrassed when someone else talks about sex, even blushing still when Gray makes sexual comments or heaven forbid, when his mother alludes to it.
  17. The problem is I am too clumsy. I would almost certainly trip over something or knock something over.
  18. An absolutely riveting chapter, moments Danny and Ryder swooned for each other, nail biting tension as they faced one unknown "beast" after another, and always the underlying menace of the undead Cassandra. There is no doubt Danny's healing powers have saved Ryder's life twice and saved the life of his father once, but it was either one or both of these tiny rock goddesses, Pat Benatar and Stevie Nicks, who leant their vocal talents on this occasion and enabled Ryder to destroy Cassandra for good. A superb chapter @Laura S. Fox, one of the finest yet for this story, one that any self-respecting rock goddess would be proud to lend her name to.
  19. It certainly appears Billy is the father of Marie-Louise's unborn child based on the information our esteemed author, @Lee Wilson, has made us privy too. But what if he has withheld information, information so shocking it will ignite a backlash from all "decent folk", information which will surely see his books burned as unsuitable filth by Moms For Liberty. What if the father of Marie-Louise's baby is .................. Elvis. In the likely event Billy is the father, Elaine revealed some good news, news that she and Marie-Louise's mother were not biologically sisters, they were sisters in name and "spirit" only after having both been adopted. The chances of the child having any physical deformities or health concerns are I presume reduced because of this.
  20. Amy took a Vacation to Colombia without telling Belinda she was going there. Belinda was furious given Amy's holiday destination, and when Amy returned Heaven Was Not A Place On Earth. One night Belinda did not Leave A Light On after Amy went out in the Summer Rain, and you guessed it, Amy fell down the stairs and got Skidmarks On Her Heart. After that she was no longer a Go-Go, she was a Gone-Gone @weinerdog. She tried later to join The Bangles, but because she could not Walk Like An Egyptian, they rejected her as a band member. She auditioned for 4 Non Blondes, but missed out because she is naturally blonde and was also a little 'too Lita Ford' for them (she did not like their "physical affection" with other girls).
  21. It is perhaps indicative of my mistrustful nature, but it appeared awfully convenient Hortensia's husband has a friend with a van, which he could borrow so that Hortensia and he could dispose of the old furniture from the attic, which Hortensia offered they would clear out without Vince or Gray having to trouble themselves. Hortensia would have had ample opportunities during the time she has been employed as the family housecleaner, to "review" (read snoop) in the attic and may have found some old furniture and bric-a-brac of significant value. I don't trust the "short, rather squat middle-aged woman, of uncertain origin". Between Matt and Jacob they have provided Gray with some useful contacts, and the former's case, some enjoyable sex. too. Dawn and Arthur's contacts may prove useful too, such that Gray is beginning to find more interesting projects which are helping finance his life to some extent. This tale continues to entertain and delight @Robert Hugill. Forty-three chapters in and we are still learning more about Vince and Gray and their friends, and what we learn only enhances the joy these characters bring.
  22. That sounds a little like Grey Gardens without the stray cats and raccoons.
  23. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 1

    I don't even like soccer, not at all, but that was something else. I had to play it once at school for Wednesday afternoon sport, and nothing even remotely like that happened. I may have enjoyed it if it had. It appears a razor and shaving cream was not required for this particular butt @drsawzall. No unwanted dental floss. I look forward to a loss by Matt and what Jack has up his sleeve, or should that be what he has in his shorts, as a "payback" for Matt.
  24. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 18

    Predator is a good word to describe him.
  25. I have never watched either of the shows @Bft, but it is impossible to avoid their subjects. They are like a plague of locusts, especially the family with substantially altered physiques. I don't watch TV at all, and have not done so for at least 10 years, but am still aware of them. I also hear people talking about TV cooking shows, dating shows, "talent" shows and all manner of mindless shit.
×
×
  • Create New...