Jump to content

Summerabbacat

Members
  • Posts

    8,315
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Summerabbacat

  1. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 14

    The only "issue" I have had with Nick to date @Altimexis is that he has continually defended Noah instead of giving him the flick. His attitude to Noah appeared to harden in this chapter; I am hoping the Christmas break will not foster the often felt "absence makes the heart grow fonder", but instead will have the opposite affect of "absence makes the heart grow colder and/or harder". I suspect Nick may be a little afraid to contemplate a relationship beyond friendship with Jack given he has witnessed Jack have several meltdowns, afraid he may do something to cause Jack great heartache, and perhaps afraid for his own sanity and even safety if such an event occurs again. I had not given thought to Nick's grief over his father's death. He certainly appears to miss him, particularly at holiday time, even moreso perhaps because his mother is frequently working when he comes home to stay. I have to say I think his sense of melancholy is perfectly understandable and does not strike me as "abnormal" or warranting any treatment. He is a boy who feels things deeply and holds very strong moral convictions, some of which others may find odd, but they are his to hold. I admire him for defending his convictions, even if I don't necessarily agree with them, as he has never tried to force his convictions on anyone else.
  2. Whip poised at the ready @drsawzall to give her a sound thrashing. A very pleasing image. Too funny. I had a similar thought of him becoming successful and wondered if he might become "high maintenance", a diva of the airwaves, with only Vince and Matt able to tame him. I doubt he would though as he seems to shun publicity.
  3. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 6

    They will both need a good hug @Paladin and who better to give them one than Hunky Hollywood Harris.
  4. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 6

    I have read about it as I find it interesting, and I may have "viewed" the odd one or two porn movies in my life.
  5. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 6

    Cliffhanger is very apropos. Are you recommending Hollywood give them both a comprehensive health check to ensure they are well enough to travel @Paladin? Given their apparent remote location, I imagine they may have to be airlifted by helicopter, particularly if Dallas is more seriously injured than what he appears to be. Both boys may be in shock by the time they are rescued and will no doubt need to be "comforted" by Hollywood. Being the big manly stud he is, he could no doubt throw JJ over his shoulder and could probably bench press Dallas. With all the wet timber in their vicinity, JJ should be able to start a fire with lots of smoke. I think you are right, it is what will likely attract the attention of rescuers.
  6. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 6

    Hire the "fluffer" as a priority. You may have quite a few applicants for that position. You may have to "personally" conduct a QA process.
  7. It is because I have an acute sense of the ridiculous.
  8. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 6

    I don't think they would want to get involved in the porn business @Paladin as they view themselves as a "serious" enterprise. I think Thompsonville Gayboys Media is one which the writer, producer and director, Mark Pony-pecker Peters set up with his silent business partner, Harry Allcock, when he shot his first porn classic, These Surfboards Are Loaded, followed by Macquarie Hardons.
  9. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 50

    For some reason I have to keep reminding myself this story is set in New Mexico, not Nevada. When Calvin's father mentioned the possible charge of prostitution for having sex on stage I thought how ridiculous, this is the "brothel state" of the USA. I think Calvin will listen to, or at least take on board, his father's sage advice @drsawzall, otherwise I don't think he would have sought his counsel in the first instance. Alan if I recall correctly is an only child and behaves like one. Everything is all about himself and he pouts when he does not get his own way. To be fair to him (and I am usually not), he indicated early on his "relationship" with Calvin that he was only looking for sex. The confusing factor for Calvin is that Alan has suddenly "decided" he wants to ditch the shallow persona and have something a little deeper. Is that real or just a tactic to keep Calvin interested. I was surprised by how little Calvin seems to be upset over the breakup with Jordan. Personally I don't have an issue with Calvin performing whatever role he wishes to at the Memorial Day party, although I assume the health risks increase with the increase in pay. I would be more concerned about the drugs, which might become a factor if Calvin goes down this path.
  10. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 6

    It appears JJ and Dallas have come through their ordeal relatively unscathed, however, Dallas has not awakened yet. Will he perhaps have brain damage or amnesia, or a fracture or broken bone(s), or internal injuries? He may go into shock, which could be very dangerous. JJ's concern about pneumonia is also valid, particularly as it is unknown how long it will take before they are rescued. Dallas has a hard-on so that is a good sign blood is flowing throughout the body at least. Assuming both JJ and Dallas survive, what does life hold for them beyond Salvation? One thing which I hope eventuates is Dallas severing ties with Timmy and his other goons. I imagine Timmy will become persona non grata at school; he should be in deep shit @weinerdog. Mrs Bird should also be questioned at length, her mantra "its perfectly safe" may come back to bite her on the arse. Even without all the rain, it is clear the log bridge was not safe and should be dismantled and a proper construction built over the creek if Salvation is to remain open for business and/or education. Very suspenseful @Mark Ponyboy Peters and a terrific flip of the stereotypes. On this occasion the "school fairy" saving the life of the big tough musclebound jock. Add a few "props" and you could retool this scene as a hot new porn classic. Newly released from Thomponsville Gayboys Media, a XXX classic, Beyond Salvation. Written, produced and directed by Mark Pony-pecker Peters. Starring San "Wienerdog" Diego as Dallas Hardcock, Pal Addin as JJ Thunderfuck and Chris Oldham as Pete Longtool. Music and photography by Summer Abbacat.
  11. I have not read a book for many years @Seraph28. Last year I tried to read, for the umpteenth time, a hardback of my favourite novel Wuthering Heights which I bought as a teenager, but found I could not read any of it because the font is so small (even with my glasses on). I got the sense Jack might fancy Theo in a prior chapter and made the comment he, Theo and Vince could become the first human/wolfshifter throuple. I think that was when you educated me that a wolfshifter is not the same being as a werewolf.
  12. An image formed by another of @Robert Hugill's vivid physical descriptions of his characters. She is "tall, strapping and buxom" and has a penchant for "wearing an old-fashioned looking suit that was probably practical and robust, yet not without style." I imagine her striding confidently through some stables, wearing expensive and very sensible jodhpurs and riding boots, before mounting her steed and galloping off at a leisurely pace. She will carry with her a whip, not for use on her steed, but for later on when she meets Arnold for some fun and games in the meadow by the brook.
  13. Daniel Wilson, Foxy Brown, Cleopatra Jones, three badasses who take on motherfuckers and WIN. Danny's claim he is just an 'Average Joe' is a little difficult to believe now. Initially there was Danny the toaster poster boy, armed with a simple stainless steel kitchen appliance, able to overcome and neutralise an alpha wolfshifter. Now we have witnessed Danny the witch whisperer, able to destroy or at least decommission the power of a wizened and wily witch hellbent on destroying all wolves. The question remains though, how will he save Ryder and his pack? A simple, short and sweet kiss of life on Ryder's luscious lips, or a power-packed passionate, all encompassing snogfest? My bet is on the latter. And won't Anthony have to eat humble pie, a mere human has not only saved the life of his son, but has also safeguarded the continuation of their pack. Theodore too should kiss Danny and Jack's respective arses, or at least their feet. Perhaps in return for their heroic actions he might re-prioritise his accumulation of wealth and sort out his environmental credentials. And in recognition of Danny and Jack's heroic deeds, a masterpiece from the extraordinarily gifted and beloved Kate Bush:
  14. It has "snuck up" on me too @Gary L. I did not think any story set in the Hugillverse could surpass those centred on the lives of Brian, Gordon, Toby and "Mr Russ", but this little gem has earned the right to at least be mentioned in the same company. Gray and Vince are the "draw cards", but there are so many interesting, and for the most part, delightful secondary characters, that this story has as you have stated, gone from strength to strength. Matt has undergone significant character growth during the telling of this tale. In this chapter he appeared to ease into the role of Gray's "significant other" without fanfare or concern. And he is such a great support for Gray, particularly when Gray is having a "young curmudgeon" episode, which appears to be happening less frequently due to Matt and Vince's encouragement and care. And Gray has had a significant impact on Matt, bringing him out of his shell, opening his life to some of the most enjoyable yet simplest of pleasures. Sandra and Dawn made marvellous contributions to this chapter as is their wont. Absolutely fabulous @Robert Hugill, a marvellous accompaniment to smoked salmon (if I ate it) and some of those nibbly things and a magnum of Bolli.
  15. Life? The disappointments of failed relationship(s), perhaps medicine was not his thing when he got into it? It is very intriguing @CincyKris.
  16. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 13

    "Do you hate me?” Jack looked up so fast, you’d think I’d slapped him. “What?” I shrugged, my throat dry. “I don’t know. I just… I feel like I’m ruining your life.” Jack blinked. Then stood. “Nick,” he said. “I was already messed up long before I met you.” I opened my mouth to argue, but he cut me off. “You’re one of the best things that’s ever happened to me, and I’m not about to let your self-doubt – or your incredibly inconvenient talent for emotionally combusting at the worst possible times – screw that up. Sure, it’s not exactly ideal that the guy I’m falling for already has a boyfriend. But hey, I’m a big boy. I’ll survive. And so will you. No matter what happens, you’re still my best friend.” I think this is the most Jack has ever said in one conversation at any time during this story. And what a succinct and sensible statement. Factual, without a hint of emotion or snark; a demonstration of how smart and observant he is. The opportunity to spend time with Nick and his family for Thanksgiving appears to have had a profoundly positive impact on his mood and self-worth for now. Nick's vacillating is indicative of his state of anxiety which he appeared to be coping with well to begin with, but which seems to have regained a "hold" on him again. He is acutely aware of not hurting Jack, not so much Noah. His inexperience in the "affairs of the heart" is showing through. He should confide in Mr G who appears to have a soft spot for him, as he does for Jack. “She’s a total bitch. A cum-guzzling gutter slut who’ll sleep with any twenty-something loser that glances her way. And my dad? He’s even worse. I’ve lost count of how many abortions he’s had to pay for—secretaries, interns, whoever he can corner. They think I don’t know, but I hear things. I always hear things. They’re just a couple of rich assholes who care more about appearances than anything real. I was raised by nannies, shipped off to schools, screamed at, ignored. And now they’re cutting me off the second I turn eighteen. They tell me the sooner I get AIDS and die, the better. Or that I should just kill myself and be done with it.” If Jack's parents are as he describes them I think his mother got off lightly with the insults Jack levelled at her in an earlier chapter. What a truly despicable pair of cu#$s.
  17. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 5

    Fingers crossed your power is restored soon. The only "positive" is that because it is so bloody cold any food you have refrigerated or frozen should not spoil, although I don't know about meat.
  18. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 5

    It may be purely coincidental @Paladin, but JJ's thought "The thought of crossing that bridge with him once more excited me, although at the time I had no idea just how prophetic those words would prove to be." was mere hours before he and his classmates were crossing over a creek on a bridge which as described appears to be anything but "perfectly safe", particularly with the apparent heavy rain overnight. I agree the gaping hole in the side of the mountain is potentially dangerous too, although I doubt there has been sufficient rain to cause a sudden rush of water which could fill that hole in a short time, thus drowning any of the students/teachers. Mind you, in an earlier chapter I thought a bushfire might be on the horizon because of the dried brown grass and high temperatures. I may be way off with my speculations, channelling my love of those all-star disaster blockbusters from the 1970's, The Poseidon Adventure, The Towering Inferno and Earthquake. The story title has so many possible meanings too. Initially I thought it may be limited to JJ being beyond "saving" in the eyes of those who have levelled various insults and threats at him, but I am now more inclined to believe the story title means something quite different. I believe it is a reference to whatever fate has in store for JJ, Dallas and perhaps Pete, is going to have a significant impact way beyond their experiences in this "lost town" named Salvation. I think the former relationship between JJ and Dallas is going to come to light again as Dallas seems to be narrowing the gap between himself and JJ, but for what purpose I do not know. Or it may possibly be a reference to JJ being Dallas' salvation or vice versa. I do enjoy a good speculation and the pony has given us plenty to speculate about.
  19. Jamie appears to be dropping hints he is gay too. The song reference, the fact his parents kicked him out of home, the enquiry if Adam is dating anyone and the reference to there being some pretty cute guys in their school, all suggest he is gay, but then again he may just be a friendly chill guy. He also appeared to seek Adam out twice in the one day, as if it was imperative he speak with him. I don't think Jamie's sexuality is as certain as Adam believes it to be.
  20. Adam appears to be smart, articulate and surprisingly sensible for his age, and yet when it comes to "affairs of the heart" he is a complete novice, a blabbering idiot, much like many of us were at that age (and some of us still are). Some people have an innate confidence when it comes to flirting to achieve their desired outcome, whilst others have the looks and/or charm and/or financial means to achieve the same successful outcome, but the bulk of us just fumble and stumble on like Adam. Adam is far more outgoing that what I thought he was going to be @ChromedOutCortex. He seems capable of holding a conversation, unless it is with Jamie to whom he is attracted, and is not completely misanthropic. He has not as yet, shown any signs of body dysmorphia, although his self-esteem is not particularly healthy given his comments he is a 'nobody'.
  21. Summerabbacat

    Prologue

    My immediate reaction was, apart from being very moved, is Jamie real or is Jamie a figment of Adam's imagination, as well as the life lived with Jamie, in this carefully constructed parallel world. I look forward to reading more of this story @ChromedOutCortex. Adam's grip on reality appears tenuous at best.
  22. George has been remarkably mature and kind from the moment he appeared in the prior story and first met Lionel. Although he has undoubtedly suffered great sadness himself with the death of his mother, he has consistently put the welfare and happiness of firstly Lionel, and then Lorenzo, before his own. A selfless boy too. Cunning and stupid, a recipe for disaster. I feel sorry for Teddie Sue and Bobby Ray, the fraternal twins resulting from their one sexual encounter (if @Lee Wilsondevelops this as a story line).
  23. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 12

    Mama Kincaid appeared to like Jack far more than narcissistic Noah. He was clearly moved by her comment “You’re not crashing anything. You’re my son’s roommate and best friend. You’re like family now. Hopefully, this can become our new Thanksgiving tradition!” Jonah is a welcome addition to the regular cast, his flirtatious and often irreverent comments a delightful accompaniment to Jack's often caustic comments.
  24. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 11

    I too felt Nick was playing with Jack's emotions in this chapter. I don't believe it his intention to hurt Jack, but knowing Jack is in love with him and using that to get Jack to do what Nick wants him to do is with playing with fire. Nick has witnessed first hand how fragile Jack has been at times, thus I am very surprised he is being so cavalier with Jack's heart, I guess at the age of 14 he does not realise that Jack's mental health appears to be something which must be managed at all times. I, like @Philippe, am looking forward to Mama Kincaid's assessment of Jack, particularly as compared to Noah.
  25. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 10

    As much as I am not fond of Noah (I am trying to be "nice"), I don't think he is entirely to blame for being a shallow, narcissistic and manipulative arsehole. In a prior chapter he referred to his parents curating his friends for him; I suspect he has "learned from the best", his parents. They have set the example and he has followed. His desires and expectations from a relationship are very different from those of Nick, and whilst I am more like Nick, I cannot in all fairness dislike Noah because I don't share his desires and expectations. But fuck being fair, I don't like Noah. Nick needs to ditch him and quick smart, even though I was "pleasantly" surprised by Noah's behaviour towards Nick at the party. I thought the outcome was going to be far worse than what it was, far more Gold Dust Woman than Rhiannon, and I feared Nick was going to forced into a situation where his saying 'no' fell on deaf ears. I was very impressed with how Nick handled himself post-party. His assertive stance when he addressed how unacceptable Noah's behaviour really surprised me. Way to go, Nick.
×
×
  • Create New...