-
Posts
8,371 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
Stories
- Stories
- Story Series
- Story Worlds
- Story Collections
- Story Chapters
- Chapter Comments
- Story Reviews
- Story Comments
- Stories Edited
- Stories Beta'd
Blogs
Store
Help Center
Writing
Gallery
Events
Everything posted by Summerabbacat
-
Given recent events in your nation @John Henry I offer the following as a means of resolution of this "top rating comedy" built upon a very sad and serious premise: Judge Crustypants and the entire Thomas family to whom he is related by marriage (including the vile children who encouraged and/or participated in Caleb's assault), Cumstain Calvin, Miss Diesel Tailpipe and the corrupt school superintendent attend a rally for "that man whose name shall not be mentioned" several crazed shooters (take your pick as to who this may be as you have a large pool to draw from) attend the rally and apocalyptic mayhem occurs, reminiscent of Jonestown, all set to the tribal rhythms of Fleetwood Mac's Tusk (the song, not the entire album) Diego, Steve, Bryan, Caleb, Kenny, Billy and the entire family live happily ever after I am glad Diego and Steve have a getaway plan should it become necessary. One is entitled to think this getaway plan will not be necessary under any circumstances, but as you have mentioned on many an occasion and I have no reason to disbelieve you, the American legal justice system does not always understand the meaning of the word justice when an outcome is delivered. Perhaps justice should be spelt "just us" so that it only applies to those worthy of justice. I shall say nothing more about this (but look forward to your comments or those of your "esteemed colleague", David Rose).
-
If patience is a virtue then vice is its just reward, so stop all this magging and get to shagging. Take a leaf out of Baldy's book; time is a wasting while you're verbally masturbating. In all seriousness, the seduction has been slow and sweet, now it is time for slow and sweaty, accompanied by Donna Summer's Love To Love You Baby (the 16 minute 47 second album version) and George Michael's I Want Your Sex (the 9 minute 17 second album version) for starters. I seem to recall Adam likes it sweaty so a sexual marathon may be in store for Kai. Will Kai's stamina be sufficient? Adam may have to do the bulk of the work; cowgirl, reverse cowgirl. I am glad Adam clarified the type of waffles he feeds Arya as I mistakenly assumed he fed her those dreadful things many humans seem fond of. I had them a few times as a youngster, but just like pancakes they are something I have never acquired a taste for.
- 23 comments
-
- 11
-
-
-
-
-
As long as neither one of them has to sleep with Demi Moore they should be OK @Cane23.
-
I remember you making this comment and suggesting Susan might be her name when I commented on her lack of a name previously. I am glad to see Susan won the day as is it a great name. It was a very popular name for girls when I was at school in Australia all through the 1970's and into the early 1980's, in fact one of the most popular I think along with Leanne, Jenny (Jennifer) and Carolyn.
-
As odd as it seems I find myself for once disagreeing with you @weinerdog. Your innate kindness and sense of fairness has "blinded" you to the fact that Roger is an ungrateful, petty, prig. His mother, Eloise as you have rightfully recalled, may have been devastated when Phil divorced her but she eventually forgave him and seemingly did not hold a grudge against him. You may recall she contacted Phil not long before she passed away and they spoke as friends. She did not fill Roger's head with hate for Phil, he has acquired this himself. The "dirty money" and "sinful relationship" comments suggest to me he has become "born again" and "found God" or perhaps he has married Karen's equally conservative and demanding cousin, Kirsten, who has set him on the "true path". Whatever the reason, Phil must sever the chord with Roger once and for all and concentrate on building a relationship with his grandson Allen and great grandson if at all possible. Allen certainly sounds as if he may be more agreeable than his spineless father, who has by default also distanced himself from his own son and grandson by fleeing to Colorado like a petulant child. It seems the speculated invitation by Phil to Susan and Stanley to share his house is to come true. I believe it will be a win-win for all concerned. If I may be so bold as to make a story suggestion @Ronyx it is as follows: Susan's soon-to-be (hopefully) ex-husband Randy moves to Colorado where he meets Roger, Phil's homophobic ungrateful sperm donation, at a rally for a conservative God-fearing, gun-toting, Republican Marjorie They decide to go huntin' together to kill a few animals (because they are low-life c#*ts) but are so stupid that they end up shooting each other Happiness reigns Another fine chapter @Ronyx. No surprises Roger is the c#*t many of us suspected he is.
-
The plot thickens. When Suki warned Vaughan with "Be careful with Francis. He’s a dear friend, but I have no illusions. Francis gets what he wants, that’s why he is where he is. Oh, he might look the big philanthropist, and he does mean what he says. But there is an unscrupulous element too. He’s not as bad as his Father, but he manipulates people to get what he wants.” I thought who needs enemies when you have friends like Suki, but perhaps she is "on the money". The meeting with Amanda, Bill and Mae suggested the three witches in Macbeth "Double, double, toil and trouble / Fire burn, and cauldron bubble". It may all be smoke and mirrors as speculated by Vaughan or the Heyward empire may be on the verge of collapse. I thought Dante's response was the most intriguing of all though, that if he rejects Francis' advances it would likely result in more difficulties for Vaughan finding work than it would for himself. I had the same thought as I sense if he does not get want he wants Francis could be very spiteful and petty. After this chapter I trust the man even less. Enigmatic, egotistical, and evasive. Another terrific chapter @Robert Hugill, such rich character development. And I was pleased to observe that "mother" has in fact become "Susan".
-
The beauty of nature mirroring the beauty of the developing relationship between Adam and Kai. Evocative again @Andr0gene, but on this occasion it was not a sensual masterpiece by Barry White which came to mind, it was the calm beauty of Rod Stewart's Sailing which I heard echoing off the lake's surface. I just had to listen to the song in full immediately and I had a strong image of Adam and Kai basking in a languorous state, soaking up some rays in quiet contemplation (maybe it was the chamomile tea which I am told is sleep-inducing). Beautiful chapter. The reminiscences of Nan were a joy to witness, making me think of my own grandmother who died in 2012 three months shy of her 96th birthday. Much like Adam's Nan my grandmother (Nanna) was adored and I often think of her. I hope Adam reveals more about her as the story progresses because she is no doubt one of the primary reasons he is the person he is.
-
Quite likely @CincyKris. As @Paladin has noted, his father seems to have been a wonderful influence on him during his early years. Perhaps it is a blessing in disguise his mother has essentially abandoned him given what a fuck-up she is, as had he remained in her "care" he may have become a very different boy. His new life with his Dads, whilst not a guarantee he will be happy and reach his potential, certainly puts him in a better position than had he remained with Crackhouse Chrissie.
-
Most of my family and friends don't like the high humidity and heat @Cane23; I am the "odd one out" because I have always loved both. 35°C and 90% plus humidity, pure bliss. Today it was 15°C with 41% humidity. I have had my heater on all day, wrapped in a blanket and wearing two layers of clothes. Hideous.
- 25 comments
-
- 11
-
-
-
Although in hindsight I recognise they were not great pizzas (I am trying to be kind), Pizza Hut was the only fast food chain I ate at when I first moved to Sydney as it was the only one which offered any vegetarian options. The burger chains offered nothing for vegetarians except for fries, which were possibly cooked in animal fat anyway.
-
"Your" Song For Guy is magnificent and the one by Elton is pretty impressive too.
-
The one in my hometown is long-gone too. I have no idea what replaced it, although I would not be surprised if it is now a light-industrial estate or housing.
-
The Sandman if I remember correctly and it wasn't just in Sydney. I remember they were very popular on the north coast of NSW where lots of guys were surfies. They were often the "choice" of vehicle for the local drive-in too.
-
A very impressive "debut". Fortunately you did not suffer a "sophomore slump" as your other three stories published to date are all wonderful.
-
It must be the high humidity @drsawzall. Perhaps there are more mould spores in the air because of this and all those gym workouts you have been doing in the high humidity.
- 25 comments
-
- 10
-
-
Almost the title of a Meatloaf song @drsawzall. As soon as I wrote this comment I immediately heard Meatloaf singing it with the partial new lyrics as written by @drsawzall and it is surprising how well they fit in place of the most famous lyrics (to date). Perhaps this new version could be played as the "trump" song at that person's next rally as it has been reported Meatloaf was a fan of that person. A bat out of hell indeed.
-
Networking, schmoozing, butt-kissing, all allegedly for a good cause. Thomas has no doubt seen it all before (and then some). I half-expected Vaughan to make an appearance to stir up proceedings and get the well-to-do to part with some of their money. It was probably too "low brow" for Francis Heyward to attend. Jonty enjoyed himself, reluctantly perhaps at first, but by the end of the evening he seems to have not only survived intact but made some potentially very useful contacts too. Thoroughly enjoyable as is the case for all your literary servings @Robert Hugill. I know you have not done it to date, but I saw so many opportunities for a "guest appearance" by characters from your other stories, such as the aforementioned Vaughan.
-
It was very busy with all the movement of equipment and then the awesome4some unpacking products for review and playing video games (at least I think they were). I was exhausted by all that activity.
- 25 comments
-
- 12
-
-
The consummation was immaculate (and thankfully did not result in a conception). You wrote it beautifully @Mark Ponyboy Peters. I heard distant rolling waves and smelt the salty air, and all the time Kiki Dee was singing Amoureuse in the background. I don't know if you recall the song, it was a big hit here in Australia in 1974. I was 10 at the time and had no idea what the song was about, I just recall thinking it was a great song. And now we await with baited breath the arrival of Song For Guy. It is rather apt I heard Kiki's vocal during this chapter given Elton will make a musical "appearance" to herald the next story.
-
Ollie is like a sponge, soaking up the love from his new Dads, Chris and Andre, and his "big brother" Jackie. As observed by Chris, he is a remarkably polite and well-mannered teenage boy; clearly his father had been a very good influence on him before his demise. I was pleased Andre revealed to David that Crackhouse Chrissie had lied to Ollie about ensuring his father had a plaque on his headstone. I was even more pleased David promised to include it in her file to ensure Ollie is never retuned to her. Another nail in her coffin, however, I daresay unless there was a financial incentive to her obtaining custody of Ollie ever again, she would not be interested in having anything to do with him. I am by nature a "glass half empty" person, but I have reservations about Ollie's face appearing in a Youtube on the internet where it may be possible to identify where he now resides. I do not trust Crackhouse Chrissie at all and the thought of a possible kidnapping attempt of Ollie continues to niggle in the back of my mind. Excellent chapter @Paladin. Ollie appears to be adjusting very well and very quickly to his new home with his Dads.
- 25 comments
-
- 11
-
-
You must never let science get in the way of 'good God fearing folk' who just know those homersexuals are to blame for all manner of things @Paladin. All I can say is if I had as much "power" and "influence" as these people claim, most of these fuckers would not be living to tell their preposterous lies. I would make Carrie look like a Sunday school teacher.
-
I don't know why this is given the stupidity of so many of our species, but this popular belief still astonishes me even at my advanced age. I believe with many it may be a case of wilful ignorance or convenience, like blaming "the gays" for natural disasters and all manner of "God's other punishments". The only "comforting" thing is we are in good company as invariably its the "the gays and the Jews".
-
That is appalling @Mancunian. I imagine many were victims of abuse by family members or close family friends who took advantage of this relationship.
-
My fellow Hugillites have been in fine form over the past 17 hours with their contemplative examination of the behaviour of, motives for and interactions between those present at Francis' ugly and ostentatious home and the one absent from "the proceedings", Donald "the old git" Mitchell. As many have stated the relationship between Len and Greg seems to be mutually beneficial, with Len in particular protective of Greg. One gets a sense Greg may have been far more damaged by "the old gits" exploitation of him than he has revealed. Will the photography project bring Greg some kind of joy, closure or catharsis, time will only tell. He well may benefit from it and I am certain Francis will. I suspect Francis' concern for Greg may be well meaning, but I find it hard to believe he would do anything unless there is a benefit to himself, even altruism has its rewards if not financial then at least reputational. "Greg and Len arrived in an elderly Ford Fiesta; we joined them and walked up to the house." I had a great chuckle at this comment @Robert Hugill. I don't think I have ever seen someone describe an old car with such consideration for its "feelings". Wonderful work.
-
Arya has spoken and her assessment is positive. If there was any doubt in Adam's mind as to Kai's suitability, such doubt should now be erased. Kellan is obviously a very caring man as evidenced by his quiet word in Adam's ear regarding Kai's stubbornness and the significance of today's move from hospital to home, a home he likely thought he would never see again until recently. Love Unlimited sang and cooed Walkin' In The Rain With The One I Love (even though it is not raining) whilst I was reading the latter part of this chapter. I expect next chapter it will be Barry's bass voice on It's Ecstasy When You Lay Down Next To Me which will swirl and rise in tandem with rising passions (fuck I should write cheap trashy romance novels). Terrific chapter @Andr0gene. Barry White would have been proud of you.
- 31 comments
-
- 10
-
-
