Jump to content

Summerabbacat

Members
  • Posts

    8,382
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Summerabbacat

  1. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 25

    It must be the high humidity @drsawzall. Perhaps there are more mould spores in the air because of this and all those gym workouts you have been doing in the high humidity.
  2. Summerabbacat

    Thirty-Six

    Almost the title of a Meatloaf song @drsawzall. As soon as I wrote this comment I immediately heard Meatloaf singing it with the partial new lyrics as written by @drsawzall and it is surprising how well they fit in place of the most famous lyrics (to date). Perhaps this new version could be played as the "trump" song at that person's next rally as it has been reported Meatloaf was a fan of that person. A bat out of hell indeed.
  3. Summerabbacat

    Thirty-Six

    Networking, schmoozing, butt-kissing, all allegedly for a good cause. Thomas has no doubt seen it all before (and then some). I half-expected Vaughan to make an appearance to stir up proceedings and get the well-to-do to part with some of their money. It was probably too "low brow" for Francis Heyward to attend. Jonty enjoyed himself, reluctantly perhaps at first, but by the end of the evening he seems to have not only survived intact but made some potentially very useful contacts too. Thoroughly enjoyable as is the case for all your literary servings @Robert Hugill. I know you have not done it to date, but I saw so many opportunities for a "guest appearance" by characters from your other stories, such as the aforementioned Vaughan.
  4. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 25

    It was very busy with all the movement of equipment and then the awesome4some unpacking products for review and playing video games (at least I think they were). I was exhausted by all that activity.
  5. The consummation was immaculate (and thankfully did not result in a conception). You wrote it beautifully @Mark Ponyboy Peters. I heard distant rolling waves and smelt the salty air, and all the time Kiki Dee was singing Amoureuse in the background. I don't know if you recall the song, it was a big hit here in Australia in 1974. I was 10 at the time and had no idea what the song was about, I just recall thinking it was a great song. And now we await with baited breath the arrival of Song For Guy. It is rather apt I heard Kiki's vocal during this chapter given Elton will make a musical "appearance" to herald the next story.
  6. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 25

    Ollie is like a sponge, soaking up the love from his new Dads, Chris and Andre, and his "big brother" Jackie. As observed by Chris, he is a remarkably polite and well-mannered teenage boy; clearly his father had been a very good influence on him before his demise. I was pleased Andre revealed to David that Crackhouse Chrissie had lied to Ollie about ensuring his father had a plaque on his headstone. I was even more pleased David promised to include it in her file to ensure Ollie is never retuned to her. Another nail in her coffin, however, I daresay unless there was a financial incentive to her obtaining custody of Ollie ever again, she would not be interested in having anything to do with him. I am by nature a "glass half empty" person, but I have reservations about Ollie's face appearing in a Youtube on the internet where it may be possible to identify where he now resides. I do not trust Crackhouse Chrissie at all and the thought of a possible kidnapping attempt of Ollie continues to niggle in the back of my mind. Excellent chapter @Paladin. Ollie appears to be adjusting very well and very quickly to his new home with his Dads.
  7. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 13

    You must never let science get in the way of 'good God fearing folk' who just know those homersexuals are to blame for all manner of things @Paladin. All I can say is if I had as much "power" and "influence" as these people claim, most of these fuckers would not be living to tell their preposterous lies. I would make Carrie look like a Sunday school teacher.
  8. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 13

    I don't know why this is given the stupidity of so many of our species, but this popular belief still astonishes me even at my advanced age. I believe with many it may be a case of wilful ignorance or convenience, like blaming "the gays" for natural disasters and all manner of "God's other punishments". The only "comforting" thing is we are in good company as invariably its the "the gays and the Jews".
  9. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 13

    That is appalling @Mancunian. I imagine many were victims of abuse by family members or close family friends who took advantage of this relationship.
  10. My fellow Hugillites have been in fine form over the past 17 hours with their contemplative examination of the behaviour of, motives for and interactions between those present at Francis' ugly and ostentatious home and the one absent from "the proceedings", Donald "the old git" Mitchell. As many have stated the relationship between Len and Greg seems to be mutually beneficial, with Len in particular protective of Greg. One gets a sense Greg may have been far more damaged by "the old gits" exploitation of him than he has revealed. Will the photography project bring Greg some kind of joy, closure or catharsis, time will only tell. He well may benefit from it and I am certain Francis will. I suspect Francis' concern for Greg may be well meaning, but I find it hard to believe he would do anything unless there is a benefit to himself, even altruism has its rewards if not financial then at least reputational. "Greg and Len arrived in an elderly Ford Fiesta; we joined them and walked up to the house." I had a great chuckle at this comment @Robert Hugill. I don't think I have ever seen someone describe an old car with such consideration for its "feelings". Wonderful work.
  11. Arya has spoken and her assessment is positive. If there was any doubt in Adam's mind as to Kai's suitability, such doubt should now be erased. Kellan is obviously a very caring man as evidenced by his quiet word in Adam's ear regarding Kai's stubbornness and the significance of today's move from hospital to home, a home he likely thought he would never see again until recently. Love Unlimited sang and cooed Walkin' In The Rain With The One I Love (even though it is not raining) whilst I was reading the latter part of this chapter. I expect next chapter it will be Barry's bass voice on It's Ecstasy When You Lay Down Next To Me which will swirl and rise in tandem with rising passions (fuck I should write cheap trashy romance novels). Terrific chapter @Andr0gene. Barry White would have been proud of you.
  12. “I brought wine this time. Get some candles, kill the lights, put on some Barry White. We’re there. Oh, where do I put this?” I don't care how "inappropriate" or bald Dr. Kinky is, if he considers the music of Barry White the epitome of seduction, he has SCORED A HOME RUN. Barry and his "soul brothers" Isaac Hayes, Marvin Gaye, Teddy Pendergrass and our very own, Luther Vandross, just ooooooooooooooozzzzzzzzzzzzzze pheromones every time they open their mouths to sing even just one note about making luuuuuurrrrrrrvvvvvvvveeeeee. People of all genders just be dropping their panties anywhere and everywhere when these men choose to ooze. I was surprised Dr Kinky did not realise Kai was gay. I assumed it would have arisen in conversation. Either Kai is the butch straight-acting type (but maybe a screaming nelly bottom in bed) or Dr Kinky has no gaydar. OMG @Andr0gene, the reference to BW's music has me all hot and bothered. Some of his longer songs such as Your Love - So Good I Can Taste It are some of the best "come fuck me" songs ever (just like Marvin's Let's Get It On and Sexual Healing).
  13. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 63

    I have to agree with you @John Henry Silver Springs is a great song and there is no Fleetwood Mac without Christine. I do love Tusk though, both the album and the song, although I think most of Lindsay's other songs on the album, apart from Not That Funny, are underwhelming. Christine has some gorgeous songs on the album with Honey Hi, Never Forget, Brown Eyes and Never Make Me Cry, but for me the absolute standard track on the whole album is Sara (and it was fucking criminal when first released on CD that it was the edited single version included).
  14. I do. You are much kinder than I, although I do think ignorance, unless it is wilful ignorance, can at least be improved with the right opportunity and attitude on the part of the ignorant.
  15. I did not want to appear too insensitive and "grumpy old manlike" by making the following statement earlier, but I feel your comment has "freed my inhibitions" and invited me to do so @Mark Ponyboy Peters. Yes, the volunteer surf life savers are often ignored by locals and tourists alike, which is why I would not shed a tear if the number who were rescued was fewer. Selfish fuckers.
  16. That is an extraordinary number saved @Paladin. I imagine that like our volunteer fire fighters, much of their volunteer work would be performed in the warmer months between October to March, but especially in summer.
  17. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 63

    I was thinking of including Monday morning in an earlier comment as it is almost 8pm on Sunday in Sydney, Australia, and Monday morning is approaching much too quickly yet again. Monday morning always brings with it a blue letter, unless of course, it is a day off for one reason or another. I have to say Lindsay's contributions to the five albums Fleetwood Mac to Tango In The Night inclusive are generally my least favourite, apart from the magnificent Go Your Own Way which heralded this examination of "the Mac". Stevie's are usually my favourite, starting with Rhiannon, although I often had little understanding of WTF she was on about. The joy of Christine's songs is their lyrical simplicity, honesty and poignancy, complimented beautifully by her haunting vocals. Whenever interviewed she always struck me as very unaffected and grounded, with a streak of mischief and inquisitiveness which I found very charming. Very English and maybe even a little shy. And let's not forget, Rumours must surely be one of the most successful public airings ever of the destruction of the relationships between those involved.
  18. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 63

    You are not lost @Johnny Kape. All of the italicised words in the comments @John Henry and I have made are song titles, apart from Rumours which is generally regarded as not only Fleetwood Mac's magnum opus, but also one of pop music's greatest albums ever released.
  19. I am surprised the number of those who drown is not higher @Paladin. I am certain it would be if it were not for the dedication of the volunteer surf life savers who patrol beaches, many of whom put their own lives at risk to save people from drowning. I get very annoyed at those who get into trouble when swimming outside the flags, even if they are tourists, even moreso those who when warned by surf life savers about swimming inside the flags ignore the warning. I have seen this happen on many occasions at the beach, if nothing else it demonstrates a complete lack of respect for these volunteers who would assist such idiots if they were to get into trouble. Justin is indeed very fortunate @Paladin that Scott is an experienced swimmer; however, even such experience is not always enough. How often have you heard of parents, especially fathers, diving into save their children only to lose their own lives without saving the children (this seems to happen more often in other waterways as mentioned by @Mark Ponyboy Peters in his comments above). I have to say I would never venture far into the water on an unpatrolled beach; it is just not worth the risk and I am not a strong swimmer. Even if it is a beach you are familiar with there is also the risk of a shark attack or a bluebottle sting. Excellent writing again @Mark Ponyboy Peters. You have captured the beauty of the Pacific Ocean very well, but tempered this with its danger, a danger we should respect. So often we humans think we can "master" nature because we are smart. I am not suggesting Justin's behaviour has been reckless or arrogant in any way, but the difficulty he finds himself in is a stark reminder of how we delude ourselves that nature is our servant and we its master.
  20. I agree with @VBlew. Adam needs to find Kai's old desk, even if its sole purpose turns out to be utilitarian only, although with both Adam and Kai appearing to have healthy appetites I believe it will serve a multi-purpose. If the desk is found before Kai arrives it may be a difficult choice for them both to make @Al Norris. Bed, desk, bed, desk? They may be spoilt for choices.
  21. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 63

    I don't think I can possibly trump your comment for wit and timeliness @John Henry. I know i'm not wrong, although I may walk a thin line when I make this comment, but no matter what happens to the orange Brillo pad it will never make me cry the attempt was made. I am just mystified it has taken this long.
  22. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 63

    I had forgotten the beauty of Albatross. Isn't it midnight or thereabouts in your "neck of the woods" @John Henry or are you out and about with your Sisters Of The Moon, Crystal and oh Diane too? There are so many rumours one could start about the likes of Miss Diesel Tailpipe and Cumstain Calvin, suffice to say there is no love in store for either only storms. And now that's all for everyone, otherwise I will be like a broken record, repeating myself over and over.
  23. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 63

    I am loving all these Fleetwood Mac reminiscences so I cannot but help contribute some too. Methinks all these little lies Miss Diesel Tailpipe has told are going to bite her and Cumstain Calvin on their respective arses. The only way she will obtain wealth now is to find herself a sugar daddy, but that is not likely given she is second hand news, and she certainly ain't no angel or songbird. It's not that funny is it Miss Diesel Tailpipe and Cumstain Calvin, so think it over before you try to do anything else to that beautiful child, Caleb. There will be no warm ways for either of you, with the world turning against you. You can beg hold me until the cows come home because no one will want to, not even Rhiannon, Sara or Caroline. There will be no tango in the night for either of you, just a gold dust woman ready to take your silver spoon and dig your grave. I agree with @weinerdog, I do not think Bryan should disclose "the kiss" to Kenny, after all Kenny does not want to talk to him at present. I suspect it is Diego who has discovered Bryan and James in the "throes of passion", unless Kenny still has a key to Bryan's home, in which case it could be him. If so, they're both fucked, well and truly.
  24. To quote 'Gran' from Absolutely Fabulous from the episode titled Fat "just the one dear". It was the way she said it and the circumstances in which she used it. I heard her voice saying this when I read this very funny comment @FanLit.
  25. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 9

    You are so observant @Paladin. Not once did Peter use Justin's name, in fact, when I think back he has more often than not referred to Justin as "boy". I consider this to be disrespectful on Peter's part, the equivalent of Justin referring to Peter as "hey grump" or "ya old bastard" or something equally appropriate given Peter's behaviour.
×
×
  • Create New...