-
Posts
1,897 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
Stories
- Stories
- Story Series
- Story Worlds
- Story Collections
- Story Chapters
- Chapter Comments
- Story Reviews
- Story Comments
- Stories Edited
- Stories Beta'd
Blogs
Store
Help Center
Writing
Gallery
Events
Everything posted by Ronyx
-
Thanks, Valkyrie, but someone else already mentioned the Donnie/Tommy mistake, and I've made the change. When I originally wrote the story, Donnie was named Tommy. I later changed it, and I thought I had made the change to all the chapters. Guess I missed this one. You're right about the drama class. Ron
-
Megan pulled on my arm and said, “I’ll give you a tour of the theater.” Shade walked beside me as she led me up onto the stage. I looked at the students around the room. “Isn’t there a classroom where we have to do work?” Megan and Shade started to laugh. “The performing arts isn’t a class,” she stated, and then added, “It’s a whole different world.” I gave her a puzzled look, “Then how do we get a grade?” “We don’t,” she said. My eyes widened as I said excitedly, “What?” She smiled and gr
- 21 comments
-
- 87
-
-
-
-
-
-
Thanks, Skinnydragon. I was going for irony here. Ron
-
You're right, Valdyrie. There are a lot of good Christians. The problem is that too many politicians use religion as a wedge to divide people. I better stop before I get on a rant! LOL. Glad you're enjoying the story. Ron
-
I couldn’t believe that my parents were making me stay with Mrs. Oliver. “You’ll be staying until we think you are ready to come home?” What does that mean? I know that Father and I have gotten into a few altercations recently, but it isn’t enough force me to leave home. And that is what they are doing, forcing me to leave home. Mrs. Oliver is the organist at my father’s church. I have known her since I was a little boy. She has been playing the organ long before my father took over the church
- 7 comments
-
- 41
-
-
-
-
I don't mean to offend, Dayne. When I was in high school, my history teacher was such a teacher/coach. In fact, he was the inspiration for Wentworth. We would enter class, and he would have an assignment on the board for 'regular' students to do. Then, he would spend the rest of the period sitting with the jocks assembled around his desk talking sports. I worked hard every day, they did nothing, yet they received the same grade as me. Not once in the entire year did he actually do any teaching. Fortunately, it didn't affect my interest in history. Ron
-
Thank you, Fiedlerbob. I appreciate your very kind comments. Ron
-
Hi Oxala. I wish I had been introduced to theater in high school. Today, I'm an avid theater goer. I feel I've missed out by not being involved earlier. Ron
-
Thanks, Rex. The drama class will become central to the story's action.
-
The next morning, I escorted Lane to his classroom. As we walked down the hallway, students literally stopped in the hall and stared at me. Lane put his arm around my back, and I put my arm around his shoulder. I found it amusing, because I think he was instinctively trying to protect me. Mrs. Chambers gasped when I entered the room with Lane. Donnie came running up and exclaimed, “Wow! Look at that shiner!” Their teacher told them to go to their seats as she followed me out into the hall. “Ca
- 10 comments
-
- 71
-
-
-
-
-
Has any other writer fallen in love with one of their characters? I want to adopt Lane. Thanks, Jaysalmn. Ron
-
"I'm always on the side of people wronged and unfairly treated." I am too, Timothy. That is why I love writing about them. Ron
-
Thanks, Valkyrie. 'The Talk' will be coming soon.
-
My stories, Avidreadr, are like storms. They are always darkest before the sun comes shining through the clouds. Ron
-
I hope you keep reading, Skinnydragon. Ron
-
Hahahahahahaha!!! Damn, Oxala. I couldn't stop laughing. You certainly have a way with words. Pricksville W. VA? I think I drove fast through there once. Hahahahaha! Ron
-
I tried to avoid Lane after school. I thought I could head home before school let out, but the bell rang just as I was leaving the gym. I hurried down the sidewalk, but about two blocks away I heard him shout out my name. I walked faster, hoping he would tire, but he didn’t. A block later, he ran up beside me and grabbed my arm. “Didn’t you...” He took one look at my face and started crying. He grabbed me around the waist and held me as he asked me what had happened. “I’m alright,” I assured h
- 16 comments
-
- 77
-
-
-
-
-
-
Skinnydragon hit the wrong button! hehe. His comment was going to be: I was only going to mention the possibility this dire action might have been his mother trying to protect him. He apologizes for the blank comment.
-
I once worked with a religious preacher like Pastor Long. I was always afraid he would try to exorcise the gay out of me.
-
Hi Robert, I love taking readers on a ride. And just when you think you have figured out where I'm going, I suddenly take a turn and make you wonder where I'm going now. I'm glad you're enjoying the story. Thanks for the review. Ron
-
Wow! You sure ask a lot of questions. LOL. Since this is written in the first person through Jacob's eyes, then I first have to introduce him. Tiffany will return shortly, and she will take a more prominent role as the story unfolds. There are two storylines in OST- the religious struggle of Bobby/Jacob, and the issue concerning discrimination of transgendered individuals. In time, I hope they both merge and make some semblance of sense. Hopefully, droughtquake, your questions will all be answered. Thanks for the review.
-
Dear God, I’ve been sitting here for hours reading the New Testament for something Jesus said about homosexuality, and I can’t find one word. There is some scripture that my father uses on Sundays from the Old Testament to justify his hatred for someone being gay, but I can’t find anything that Jesus said. And I need to know because I think I’m gay, and I really don’t want to go to Hell like my father says just because of that. I’ve really tried to change, but I can’t. Since I was about thi
- 9 comments
-
- 40
-
-
-
-
Puppilull, a school can have all the proper policies, but they don't mean much when students like Mike refuse to follow them.
-
He demonstrates a sophisticated understanding of both language and humor. I don't think Casey quite yet gets it. Good to see Casey be a friend to Lane, even if he could have done better. Yep, Mike is a prick, and a rather stupid prick. I think Casey would do well to avoid all the picks on the team, including Coach Creepy, especially Coach Creepy. Fuck the team, he doesn't the worthless shits! Haha, Oxala. Now, tell us how you really feel. Ron
-
“You know he’s gay, don’t you?” The words echoed in my head long after Rodney left the room. I was puzzled what he meant by them. He stated it as a matter of fact. There was no derision or animosity in his voice. Thinking back, it seemed like most of his teammates were aware of his sexuality. At lunch, they had made several jokes that hinted that he might be gay. Even Wentworth had warned me that Mike was a player. Why would he have warned me unless he knew that I might be Mike’s next target?
- 10 comments
-
- 72
-
-
-
