Jump to content

Ronyx

Classic Author
  • Posts

    1,898
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Ronyx

  1. Ronyx

    Chapter 24

    droughtquake, Curtis certainly isn't the brightest bulb in the pack, is he?
  2. Curtis stood over us and stared down. His eyes were glassy, and it was obvious he was drunk. “I heard you guys were gay,” he mumbled. Suddenly, he grabbed his mouth and ran towards the bathroom. Vomit spewed out between his fingers before he was able to make it to the door. “Jesus,” muttered Shade. “He’s a mess.” He looked worriedly over at me. “Do you think he’s going to cause any trouble for us?” I hadn’t told Shade about Curtis and Pip in the bathroom. He had no clue that Curtis also messed
  3. Ronyx

    Chapter 11

    Right now he's taking baby steps toward his freedom. Ron
  4. Ronyx

    Chapter 11

    Thanks, Robert.
  5. Ronyx

    Chapter 11

    Hopefully, droughtquake, your questions will be answered soon. Ron
  6. Ronyx

    Chapter 11

    During sixth period, Tiffany walked down the aisle towards me at the beginning of the period. She smiled and then sat in the seat beside me. It was the first time I had seen her smile at school. After our discussion last night, I felt that we could truly become friends. I had confided in her things that I had never discussed with anyone else; well, except maybe in my notebook I kept for my letters to God. It felt really strange that I could trust her so much. Just two weeks ago, my father had
  7. Ronyx

    Chapter 23

    You have to feel sorry for Karen. She has so much to say, but no one willing to listen. At least she was able to vet some of her frustration with Casey.
  8. Ronyx

    Chapter 23

    Very insightful, skinnydragon. The focus of the story is now shifting to Curtis.
  9. Ronyx

    Chapter 23

    One thing I've often told young readers who fear coming out to their mother- mothers usually know. It may be a case of being uncomfortable bring it up, or they may be waiting for her son or daughter to come out on his or her own terms. But I believe they almost always know (or at least suspect.) Ron
  10. Ronyx

    Chapter 23

    Sadly, Timothy, Randy is probably more typical of many fathers (or stepfathers.)They would much rather attend a football game with their son than sit down and talk about their feelings.
  11. Ronyx

    Chapter 23

    I think, droughtquake, that Lane falls in that category of being the youngest child, especially among three boys. I don't think his entry into puberty is neglected. It's just that Karen has already been through it twice.
  12. I was finally beginning to realize how much work goes into putting on a school play. In the past, the school would have an assembly, and we would be forced to sit quietly while students performed onstage. Unless the play contained a lot of humor, most students paid little attention. In fact, a few had made me fall asleep. Now, I understood that students worked their asses off to present a show. We were in the middle stages, but I could feel the tension building. Shade ran around backstage seein
  13. Ronyx

    Chapter 22

    Jaysalmn, I've written hundreds of characters into my stories, but Lane has to be my favorite. When I started the story, he wasn't even a thought. But then I had him sit on that toilet when Casey was taking a shower, and he instantly fit the story and changed the direction.
  14. Ronyx

    Chapter 22

    Hey, droughtquake. Gotta keep the tension going or not only would Casey's life be boring, but so would the story.
  15. Ronyx

    Chapter 22

    Thanks, Parker. I appreciate it.
  16. Ronyx

    Chapter 22

    Wow! Devil Incarnate? Actually, he's just a pissy little drama queen that we've all met at sometime. LOL.
  17. Ronyx

    Chapter 22

    Two boys, Casey and Rodney, are maturing into men. Can Curtis change or be stuck on stupid his entire life?
  18. Ronyx

    Chapter 22

    Our boy, Casey, is growing up, Timothy.
  19. Megan grabbed Joshua’s arm and led him away. She told him, “We need to find Lorenzo so he can start going over some of your numbers.” Joshua looked back and waved at Shade. I walked over and gripped Shade’s hand. “I don’t like him,” I said angrily. Shade squeezed my hand. “He is a little too young for the role of Captain Von Trapp.” “That’s not what I don’t like,” I warned. Shade looked over and grinned. “Someone’s jealous,” he laughed. “I am not,” I insisted as I pulled my hand away. I tur
  20. Ronyx

    Chapter 10

    Puppilull, some of the greatest movements in history didn't begin with a well-thought out plan. Sometimes all it takes is a person or a group of people willing to take a stand against injustice. I'm sure that Rosa Parks never planned that the simple act of refusing to give up her seat on a Montgomery, Alabama bus would be one of the starting points of the Civil Rights movement in America.
  21. Ronyx

    Chapter 10

    I agree with your opinion on Bi men, droughtquake. I think there are many more than studies suggest. Regarding the silent supporters, Albert Einstein said: “The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.”
  22. Ronyx

    Chapter 10

    Valkyrie, I see the changing of their names as an important step to their new personality evolving.
  23. Ronyx

    Chapter 10

    Thanks, Lisa. Just what makes you think the meeting will not be pretty?
  24. Ronyx

    Chapter 10

    Thanks, Timothy. It's a national disgrace what some states like NC are doing. The world is watching.
  25. Ronyx

    Chapter 10

    Tiffany stood in the doorway and looked at us. “I’m really sorry,” she apologized as she entered the room and sat down at the table. She looked over and gave me a puzzled look. “We were just playing around,” joked Colton as he glanced at me. “It didn’t mean anything. Did it Bobby?” Tiffany again gave me a puzzled look and asked, “Who is Bobby?” I shrugged my shoulders and responded, “I am. I’ve asked people to start calling me Bobby instead of Jacob.” “Why?” she asked. I looked over at Colto
×
×
  • Create New...