Jump to content
    AC Benus
  • Author
  • 3,285 Words
  • 2,279 Views
  • 16 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Bound & Bound – the Curse and the Captives – - 21. Chapter 21: Blood Betrothal

Chapter 21: Blood Betrothal

 

I'm fucking pissed.

I storm into our room and don’t care that the door bangs the wall.

Silviu comes in behind me and slowly closes it with a locking sound. My eyes notice the glorious twilight outside our French-doored window, but I do not let my brain acknowledge it.

I pace around, hands on my hips, just daring him to say something – anything.

Silviu comes to the centre of the room sheepishly. "You haven’t uttered a word since the well. Are you all right?"

I launch myself and slam him against the wall. My hand rips at his collar buttons and they go flying. I grab the coin and yank it up from his chest. I can see the gold chain digging angrily into the flesh of his neck, but I don’t care. I spit my words into his face. "Where did you get this?!"

"Emeric," he says very controlled. "You are hurting me."

"Humph." I release the coin and step back. "I know that name – that Hans Schnyder name. At first I couldn't figure it out how, but then today it hit me. I've heard my dad's lawyer say it's one of my father's business aliases."

I come up again and raise an accusing finger to his face. "You are fucking working for him, right? You were never on my side; you're just a paid employee of my dad's."

I back up, hands going to my waist as I pace again. I hear myself shout out in dolorous self-pity, "You bastard! You were only ever a tool of my father's continuing control, even from beyond the grave!"

Silviu looks wretched. He stares down at his hands and boots.

I can't look at him anymore, so I go to open the curtains of the French doors.

Outside, the medieval cityscape of spires and towers is burnished in the most romantic light of a setting sun imaginable, but I barely let myself acknowledge half of it.

Behind me, I can hear Silviu push himself away from the wall and return to the centre of the room. In my mind's eye I can almost see him standing there with downcast looks, and hands thrust open-palmed to me to show how defenceless he is.

"Yes," he says softly. "You figured it out. The coins we wear connect us; we both got it from your dad. Your father set up a contract with Daj and me, and left life knowing that after his death you'd find us. He hired us to be your protectors, AND to be the ones who reveal the blood hex to you, not strangers, so that you didn't have to stumble around in the dark like he did. He was scared to death about what would happen to you after you inherited the curse, so he did what any good dad would do."

I prop hands on the window frame, not knowing if I can be mad at him anymore. Maybe now I'm just fucking sad.

"Emeric," he pleads with me. "You've got to understand. It may have started as 'business,' but that's not what it is anymore." There are tears in his voice. "If you tell me to fuck off, I will leave you alone, and I will always be remorseful that I hurt your confidence and trust in me. I'm…I'm sorry."

My breathing regulates itself; slowly more and more of the beauty of the evening on the threshold of being born edges into my senses. "No…" I stammer no more than a whisper. That stupid movie pops into my head, Miss Honeychurch sitting on the windowsill with George leaning over to kiss her for the first time. Stupid, stupid, stupid – this is real life, and things don’t work out like that.

I'm trapped and caught in my own brain, and hopelessly feel myself shutting down again. This pausing moment drags out into an indeterminate time where I just seem lost. "Don't go…"

And then, slowly, I perceive Silviu come up behind me. He tentatively entwines his arms under mine, caressing my ribs with open hands that settle around my waist in front. The halo of his body spray enters my aura as if part of my own scent. The sides of his head and ear come to rest on my shoulder. Into the nothingness he sees, he tells me softly, "I'm so sorry for you, Emeric. I really am. Your father's actions made you miserable and that hurts me – "

I cut him off by turning and roughly pushing him back a little. "Why did you smoke a cigarette that day?"

He screws up a scowl on his lips. "What..?"

"That rainy day at the shop. I was sitting in my car and you came out and smoked, but you do not smoke, do you?"

"No, I don’t smoke."

"So, what was that then?"

"It was my chance to, to see you. Remember, Daj drove me away."

"You wanted to see me..?" I don’t let him answer. "You lied to me before when you said you never looked at a guy and thought 'he's the one.' You can't fool me – so who is he?!"

He looks both amazed and oddly relieved. That partially conflicted expression clarifies itself into one pure, naked emotion. "You caught me," he says with a choked up grin. "You know me too well – there was one who walked into my life one day, and floored me. It wasn't like the movies make it out; it wasn’t a flash; it wasn’t a bolt out of the blue. But as I slowly watched this mysterious, beautiful young man go down on one knee and invite my little brother Lupasc to join him, I slowly felt 'it.' I knew, 'he's the one.'"

"You mean – "

"I mean you, Emeric Corvin. That day at The Seeing Fox, you changed my life."

He raises his chin and holds my gaze. "Your father's deal with The Seeing Fox may have started out as a cool assignment for me…" Silviu reaches out for my hand, and I let him take it. "…For me to watch over a snot-nose college brat…" He takes my other hand. "…But now, you are closer than a brother to me. I may be powerless to make you return my feelings, which means that I am weak and that hurts, but I love you, college boy. You're the man I love more than my own life."

I am stunned; I am speechless.

"Emeric…" He begins to cast teary glances to the right and left, now his voice is emotional. "You were never just a job to me; you were – are – someone who was dealt a rotten hand in life, and someone who needs protection and guidance, but I've messed it up, and now you – "

I cut him off by whispering: "You think I don’t return your feelings?"

His eyes lock back onto mine. "What?"

My thumb goes to brush away a tear from his cheek. "I love you too."

"You – what..?"

"I fucking love you, crazy man – but you scare the shit out of me."

He blinks like I had just stabbed him. "I do?"

I break free of Silviu and walk towards the bed rubbing my forehead.

"You just don’t know how hurt I am to find out you are only another instrument of my father's control. Fuck. You just don’t know."

I turn to face him, and the glorious colours of the sunset begin to silhouette him against the French window.

"I won't ever understand, unless you tell me."

"Okay, Silviu. Two years ago, the day I got this haircut because I thought it would draw my dad and me closer together was the day the man I loved with all of my heart dumped me. I had to know why, and tracked Erich down as he was packing his suitcase. 'Why?' I demanded in tears. He said he loved me, but that my father had threatened his life, AND paid him off handsomely to stay away from me.

"That's when I enrolled in university full time and moved out. I could barely look at my dad, much less speak to him. And this fucking hair? – I kept it. Kept it so that every day, when I'd look in the mirror and see his face looking back, I'll remember how much I hate him; hate me; hate Erich most of all for being such a fucking coward."

A movement from Sil makes me look up from the carpet. He stays in one spot, but raises his hands which land flat-palmed on top of his head; his torso twists slightly to the light, and I see tears falling freely down his cheeks.

My hands go to my thighs, just above the knees. I feel myself almost wanting to crumple under the weight of this whole nightmare – instead I push myself upright and face Silviu. No more thoughts of 'I'll deal with this later.'

"Erich broke my heart doubly hard. I'm scared to commit to you, Sil, lest you hurt my faith in love again. I don’t think I could stand a third betrayal."

He can't look at me anymore. "Just tell me the truth then. Tell me to fuck off, and I will," he says without hope to the twilight.

"The truth is, I don’t want you to go anywhere. I fucking love you like mad, you crazy Romani. You've been driving me insane and deeper and deeper in love since you grabbed me in that Bucharest alley and told me what a shit head I was."

Hands still on top of his head, he turns to look at me; he's smart. He asks, "But…there's always a but."

"But, this is not about love. It's about trust, and I don’t know if I have that with you."

Sil twists around suddenly and drops his hands to his sides. He strikes the attitude of a supplicant with open fingers and dropping shoulders towards me. He cries, "I will not betray you."

"I'm asking you not to hurt me, okay?"

In a moment the self-doubt and waywardness of Silviu's beautiful face disappears. He sniffles and grabs at his coin. He lifts it off of his chest and holds it so I can see it; a new glimmer of hope peeks out from his baby blues. His voice rings out in quiet confidence, "I know a way, a way to prove to you that I will never take advantage of your trust, or hurt the love for me you may build in your heart."

I come in close to him, lowering his coin for him. "How?" I wipe his tears.

He holds out his hand for me to take, and after I swallow down one sceptical moment of doubt, I take it. He opens the window and lets the air come in to flap the curtains. He poses me right in front of the beautiful setting and digs out his pocketknife. "Once a life force is shared," he says as he opens up the central blade and lets it glint in the vermillion light. "My people believe the partner's blood in him will strike him dead if he ever betrays their love." Silviu holds the blade between our faces, and his eyes sparkle behind it.

"Sil, what are you – "

As am I speaking, he cuts a gash in the tip of his middle finger. "I'll commit to you, Emeric Corvin, now and forever. And any betrayal of it will strike me dead. Also, don’t worry, I won't hold you to the same oath."

Silviu's azure eyes are as pure and selfless as any wedding vow should be. I bring his right hand up – the hand with the knife – and use it to cut the tip of my own middle finger.

I press our bleeding gashes together, and feel his heartbeat enter my body as an onrush of warming heat.

"If I betray you, Silviu Vasile – ever – may your blood in my body seek out its revenge."

Silviu inhales in what sounds like immense relief. After another prolonged moment of feeling our pulses through the other's skin, and slowly having our heartbeats sync up, he guides my cut finger to his lips. At first he smears some blood on his lower lip, then he draws my finger in and lightly sucks on it.

He pauses to tell me, "Emeric Corvin, I take you into my body and soul. If I ever betray your confidence and your love, may your blood in my body strike me dead."

I lift his finger to my mouth. The taste of his life force is tinged with iron, and that earthiness soothes my last concern. I am grounded, and I can let go. No room with a view was ever more perfect, if my Silviu was in it.

Our eyes close, our fingers slip out, and our mouths come together.

My Gypsy stud's scent overwhelms my senses as flavour freshly come over my nose and palate – it was never his body spray that attracted me after all, it was all him. I greedily part my lips to take him in deeper. Our tongues meet, and although I had expected Silviu to take an aggressive role, he moans into my excited breaths as I penetrate him deeply.

Both of my hands go up and grab onto the back of his head so I can drive it deeper. His panting exits his nose as flashes of steaming heat on either side of my cheeks.

Our bodies come together, and his stiff cock presses fully against the length of mine. My fingers quickly glide down his side, reach back and grab onto his ass cheeks. I pull up and out, and my man shudders in his whole body. I embrace him tighter, lifting the back of his upper thigh with a rough yanking motion until he wraps that leg around me. I slightly bend my knees so my hand can get back and explore the seams of the fancy jeans underneath. He moans again, only this sound is more like a whimper of supreme pleasure.

We continue to kiss, more gently, and methodically now with open eyes on one another. His fingers begin to unbutton my shirt, and mine set his leg down and work his belt buckle.

As he slips the yoke of my shirt off my shoulders, his lips glide off of mine to kiss the nape of my neck. It's my turn to moan, and to crane my head. My hands however are not idle – I find and draw down his zipper.

With the same hand I reach in and stroke his rock-hard dick. It's just as impressive as I spied when he was slipping on or off his pants. I peek down and let his lips caress my forehead just above my nose. His beautiful member is pressed up and over to his right in bright neon-yellow briefs. I stroke it with just the tips of my fingers, and he sighs in ecstasy on my cheek. The girth is impressive, and I find that the way it flares under my caress stiffens my own cock more than anything else. The very tip – which is pressed tightly by the fabric to be up near where his waist becomes the top of his thigh – gets raked tenderly by the points of my thumb and index finger making a circuit there. I can feel the flaring tip is crowned royally.

Sil lets go, then with an impish stare, glides to his knees. Still looking at me, his hands work to loosen my belt, copper waist rivet, and then one – pop – by one – pop – he undoes my button-fly – pop – with maniacal slowness.

He tugs on my boxers, and I flop out to him with a helpless breath escaping me; my fingertips fly to stroke his ears and spiky hair.

He pulls out my balls and lets the elastic of my shorts come back to form an impromptu cock ring from underneath.

He sucks me, and I need to sightlessly guide him to the task, because my eyes have to close and my head has to loll back in intense pleasure.

"Fuck…" I moan to the ceiling.

"Um hum," Sil gurgles with wet lips.

Silviu takes his mouth off of me and strokes me expertly with his open palm. The ribbing and bumpy feel of his chunky silver bands gliding over my most delicate skin feels incredible.

I glance down to him, and in the same fluid motion pull up his chin so my kiss can gently stroke his mouth. After we feel our breaths becoming hot and excited again, I pull back and whisper in a gravelly voice, "Tell me what you want…"

His face grows expectant and round, his eyes bluer than ever, and his tone is tender as he tells me, "I've wanted you in me for a very long time."

"You want me to fuck you, hmm?"

A quick sigh escapes him. "More than anything."

"Okay, but from now on, we have to be versatile."

His glossy lips part with a mercurial lilt. Colour rises on his cheeks. "No problem," he says with a wink. "I've wanted to get inside of you for just as long."

 

˚˚˚˚˚

 

Sil is kneeling on the bed. His arms are flayed flat out on either side of him, and his cheek is rhythmically smashed into the pillow as I give him what he wants.

It feels fantastic; not the sex per se, but the lovemaking with someone I care deeply about.

Yes. I do love this sometimes crude, but always honest and plainspoken man. I love him; I love him; and I am scared too.

Silviu rises on his right elbow and allows his left arm to cross under his belly.

What if the curse is too much to deal with; what if I only end up dragging him down?

"Em, oh Em!" Sil pants.

"Yes, baby?"

"I'm about to cum, are you – "

"Silviu – come for me!"

"I want us to cum together."

I grab onto his shoulders, and lean down to kiss the back of his ear. I whisper: "I fucking love you, my Romani stud." I feel his whole body tense under mine, and then settle into protracted rhythmic contractions.

The sensation of his grip, release, grip, release sends me over the top.

I grunt loudly, feeling my own moist breath radiate back onto my lips from the side of his neck. I let go, and orgasm in total convulsive delight into my man; a pleasure not a little increased at the feel of Sil's hand stroking the back of my head.

He moans into the pillow, "Now I'm yours, Emeric. And God, how I love you."

I turn him over and collapse onto him with open mouth and exploring tongue.

In the back of my mind, the only thought I can find is a dark one: 'Time will tell.' I feel more vulnerable than ever – and this blood betrothal of ours is a supreme display of trust from the both of us.

I think, 'Love is all right, it's not so frightening to be in love…I hope.' I kiss Sil's cheek as he snuggles up to my side and starts to go to sleep. 'But not if I can't rid us of this curse.'

At least now, Silviu is fully correct when he says – we face this thing together.

Copyright © 2017 AC Benus; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 21
  • Love 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Yes! Emeric finally admits it! It seems unfair for Silviu to say that he's "screwed it up" because what choice did he have? but whatever. I'm so pleased they've finally pulled down the wall I don't care. The blood bond, though, was... I'm not sure what to make of that. A loving vampirism? A life-affirming sharing of blood? I would not have thought that drinking someone's blood could sound so sweet but you keep taking us by surprise :lol: Maybe it was the Honeychurch connection. Emeric's thoughts during their lovemaking made me think of the quote, I guess from Bacon, about "giving hostages to fortune." So it was hot and romantic, but made me sympathize more with Emeric's previous state of mind when he was still closed off--his isolation had its advantages I guess in that at least he didn't have to feel guilty.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

You know I've been waiting for this chapter since the beginning. :) Whatever else happens, they've acknowledged their love and their connection, and pledged to each other for life. This makes me happy and sappy - and the end made me horny. :P:*) (excuse me while I wipe up the drool)

Anyway, the veil has been torn from Em's eyes, both about the coin and about his feelings - and perhaps also about his father loving him and caring about him after all. Was Erich a predator? No matter, Em has something better now, someone who loves him completely, to make up for all the hurt he has suffered.

And like their combined might and loved dispelled the dread dog, I'm hoping it will conquer the curse too.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

The sexual tension finally breaks--after you build it up to near atomic heights with the confrontation over the coins and Emeric's father's contract with Daj.

The point where Silviu tells Emeric that he's the guy who makes his world complete is awesome, and the ritual of mixing their blood together as proof of their commitment is amazing.

I was surprised that Silviu wanted to be taken that way--but I think it reinforces the trust that he is placing in Emeric...it's more than just the gross physical expression of carnality...it's their souls opening to one another on all levels.

Excellent, my friend! More please.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I would say that was worth the wait. Emeric seems to have grown up in a hurry. I think I see now that he was acting so stupidly at times because of his fear of how strongly he felt for his Romani. Silviu wears his heart on his sleeve and that takes guts. Hopefully, and my instincts tell me it's so, S is the cure for E's previous shortcomings. A lot of volatile emotions spring from distrust, and distrust, we now know, was the biggest part of E's makeup. Together they are stronger, and now they ARE truly stronger, having exchanged all fluids. Which brings me to the physical connection... it was very hot... and I think symbolic in that it was S who gave himself to E... something I think was important in the decimation of the distrust that E has carried for years. Well done AC... Cheers

  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator

I don't really have anything to add to what's already been said. Wonderful chapter. I really felt the connection, struggle, and acceptance of the two men. The blood betrothal was very sensual and the consummation of their relationship was hot! Nicely done, as always, AC. :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Mmm... Sweet and hot! Nice! If they could just get rid of that pesky curse, everything would be dandy!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 03/18/2015 05:00 PM, Irritable1 said:
Yes! Emeric finally admits it! It seems unfair for Silviu to say that he's "screwed it up" because what choice did he have? but whatever. I'm so pleased they've finally pulled down the wall I don't care. The blood bond, though, was... I'm not sure what to make of that. A loving vampirism? A life-affirming sharing of blood? I would not have thought that drinking someone's blood could sound so sweet but you keep taking us by surprise :lol: Maybe it was the Honeychurch connection. Emeric's thoughts during their lovemaking made me think of the quote, I guess from Bacon, about "giving hostages to fortune." So it was hot and romantic, but made me sympathize more with Emeric's previous state of mind when he was still closed off--his isolation had its advantages I guess in that at least he didn't have to feel guilty.
Thank you, Irri, for a great review. I hear what you're saying about Silviu, and maybe I should not go near this – as I am the author, and I am the one open for the criticism of choosing this route – but Sil could have come clean and told Emeric where he got the coin soon after Emeric saw it. Why did he avoid it? One, being sensitive, he probably perceived Emeric's reaction was to shut his own questions out of his mind. But I think the larger reason was fear. Silviu did not want to have this moment where he tells Emeric that if it's what the younger man wants, Silviu will accept his part in the scheme to fool his beloved and walk away. Losing Emeric is about the scarcest prospect he can face, and that also motivated him to stay quiet about Emeric's dad.

 

With the exchange of blood thing, I have a puerile comment and a (hopefully) metaphysical one to make ;) First, opening up a fingertip and pressing it the bleeding one of your buddy is a boy thing, so I can see that moms would glance askance upon it. I think I remember even doing it with a kid when I was around eight – it's part of being boys and forming bonds (imo). Now, grown-up me says that this book is about myth and magic and the hidden things, so these blood oaths are taken very seriously in Romani culture, and a bond like it is a lifelong commitment. How it is supposed to work on the folklore level is that the partner's blood stays in the other's body, etc., and can do damage. On the level of a 'true understanding,' it works in a spiritual way: the betrayer knows that his partner's life force has had access to his body and can spiritually seek his revenge through this connected pathway. If you or anyone has more thoughts on this ritual, please, please, pretty please post them on the forum. I'd love to explore this further…

 

The thought of Miss Honeychurch wanting to enter into a blood ritual with her handsome but quiet Englishman makes me squeal with delight. Now that would have brought a Gothic element to 'A Room with a View' that I bet Forster would have loved!

 

As for your last comment about Emeric's lovemaking thoughts, it's sad but true. Love may be love, and wonderful, but can Emeric stand to see Silviu hurt by Emeric's personal burden..? What will he be willing to do to avoid that..?

Link to comment
On 03/18/2015 05:11 PM, Timothy M. said:
You know I've been waiting for this chapter since the beginning. :) Whatever else happens, they've acknowledged their love and their connection, and pledged to each other for life. This makes me happy and sappy - and the end made me horny. :P:*) (excuse me while I wipe up the drool)

Anyway, the veil has been torn from Em's eyes, both about the coin and about his feelings - and perhaps also about his father loving him and caring about him after all. Was Erich a predator? No matter, Em has something better now, someone who loves him completely, to make up for all the hurt he has suffered.

And like their combined might and loved dispelled the dread dog, I'm hoping it will conquer the curse too.

Thanks for a great review, Tim. I know privately you've given me feedback on this chapter that involves tears and calling it 'beautiful.' Those things mean a lot to me, so I want to acknowledge your love and support throughout the process of bringing this story to its final form. I also want to acknowledge Cole's input, for although he may have felt strongly about it in differing ways, his input improved this chapter and the chapters leading up to it profoundly – without Cole's input, chapter 21 might work to the degree that I hope it does.

 

As far you saying that there is strength in combined power, I say yes! There is power now where before there was only strength. You, Cole and I are perfect examples :)

Link to comment
On 03/18/2015 09:36 PM, ColumbusGuy said:
The sexual tension finally breaks--after you build it up to near atomic heights with the confrontation over the coins and Emeric's father's contract with Daj.

The point where Silviu tells Emeric that he's the guy who makes his world complete is awesome, and the ritual of mixing their blood together as proof of their commitment is amazing.

I was surprised that Silviu wanted to be taken that way--but I think it reinforces the trust that he is placing in Emeric...it's more than just the gross physical expression of carnality...it's their souls opening to one another on all levels.

Excellent, my friend! More please.

Well, ColumbusGuy, thanks for a great review! As far as using the 'carnal' word, it makes sense if you are comparing/contrasting the sex so far in the book with the major difference here – Emeric and Sil have given themselves to one another unconditionally, as equal parties in love, and without one seeking advantage over the other. This is in marked contrast to Lady Gretza's uncaring control of her husband…and soon, over…oops – I should not say what I was about to say. Too much info to potentially give away about her further ambitions, but the next suite of three chapters will cover this. However I can tell you, it will also offer up one more relationship consummated in the purity of love and true equality…but I probably should hold back saying who it involves.

 

I hope this makes you excited to get to chapter 22!

Link to comment
On 03/19/2015 03:08 AM, Headstall said:
I would say that was worth the wait. Emeric seems to have grown up in a hurry. I think I see now that he was acting so stupidly at times because of his fear of how strongly he felt for his Romani. Silviu wears his heart on his sleeve and that takes guts. Hopefully, and my instincts tell me it's so, S is the cure for E's previous shortcomings. A lot of volatile emotions spring from distrust, and distrust, we now know, was the biggest part of E's makeup. Together they are stronger, and now they ARE truly stronger, having exchanged all fluids. Which brings me to the physical connection... it was very hot... and I think symbolic in that it was S who gave himself to E... something I think was important in the decimation of the distrust that E has carried for years. Well done AC... Cheers
Thank you, Gary for a great review! If I have a little confession to make, it's about feeling guilt and unease for not putting two of my main characters in each other's arms until chapter 21 of a 40-chaptered book! That being said, there is still one more union to be made, and that is coming in the next suite of three chapters. I did not want Silviu and Emeric to seem like 'regular people' who would be ready to accept love; this story is about trial and being put to the ultimate test of worthiness, so in that light, chapter 21 seemed about the most impactful place to put Em and Sil transitioning into partners.

 

I hope you will like the next romantic surprise I have coming in the book as well.

Link to comment
On 03/19/2015 03:59 AM, Valkyrie said:
I don't really have anything to add to what's already been said. Wonderful chapter. I really felt the connection, struggle, and acceptance of the two men. The blood betrothal was very sensual and the consummation of their relationship was hot! Nicely done, as always, AC. :)
Thank you, Val! I like hearing that the blood exchange comes across as sensual. This is a gothic book, but my desire was that this gothic element would seem exotic yet sweet and loving at the same time. I think to some degree that's how it comes across, so I am pleased.

 

As for the consummation being hot, yes, so far in the book we have not seen two people equally in love have a loving physical exchange. This first one between Silviu and Emeric is meant to stand out in contrast to the sex we've seen so far in 'Bound & Bound.'

 

Thanks again!

Link to comment
On 03/19/2015 07:24 AM, Puppilull said:
Mmm... Sweet and hot! Nice! If they could just get rid of that pesky curse, everything would be dandy!
Thank you, Puppilull, for a great review! You sum it up nicely, and from your lips to God's ear about that pesky curse. But now they are stronger together to fight it than they were. So, fingers crossed!
Link to comment

The chapter we've been waiting for. Beautifully written, the love, the fear, all the emotions shine through. The blood brothers ritual was spot-on here.

 

Loved it, tim

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 12/19/2015 12:47 AM, Mikiesboy said:

The chapter we've been waiting for. Beautifully written, the love, the fear, all the emotions shine through. The blood brothers ritual was spot-on here.

 

Loved it, tim

Thanks for a great review, Tim. I appreciate every word of it! It's a bit odd that the first love scene in a 40-chaptered book would be chapter 21, but it seemed worth the wait to feel the deep love-bond these guys have trothed.

Link to comment

Last things first: you naughty man for leaving us with disquieted hearts after that splendid love making. I suppose it could not be helped, but still. But the love, the letting go, and the joy still radiate through this chapter, making it as luminous as the evening and the view you described. Please, Emeric; please Silviu, break the damn curse. You have made me want that for them, as much as for any plot resolution.

 

This leads me to congratulate you on the way in which you have deepened the emotional hold on your readers (or this reader, anyway). You have added another layer, another cord, to bind me to this tale. Emeric and Silviu are irrevocably bound to one another; It is possible to wish them safety and joy. You have tied us to this story skillfully. I wish the same for us.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 07/26/2016 10:44 PM, Parker Owens said:

Last things first: you naughty man for leaving us with disquieted hearts after that splendid love making. I suppose it could not be helped, but still. But the love, the letting go, and the joy still radiate through this chapter, making it as luminous as the evening and the view you described. Please, Emeric; please Silviu, break the damn curse. You have made me want that for them, as much as for any plot resolution.

 

This leads me to congratulate you on the way in which you have deepened the emotional hold on your readers (or this reader, anyway). You have added another layer, another cord, to bind me to this tale. Emeric and Silviu are irrevocably bound to one another; It is possible to wish them safety and joy. You have tied us to this story skillfully. I wish the same for us.

Thank you, Parker. Yes, poor Emeric; falling in love will not absolve the curse. In a way it's a new beginning, and like a birth, must come with tears and fears as well.

 

Your words about binding the reader to this story make me feel both exposed and overjoyed. Yes, right again. I want these people to be loved, in a fashion approaching how they love one another.

 

Thanks, as always. Your reviews are a blessing and lift my spirits every time.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..