Jump to content
    Aceinthehole
  • Author
  • 3,005 Words
  • 1,818 Views
  • 1 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Tales of the Underground: Crestfallen - 36. The Key to Jayden's Heart

The next morning I woke up not knowing how to feel…I mean should I be sad? Happy? Relieved? I just found out I was made in some type of freakin test tube! Was I just a lucky science experiment…or is my birth just as legit as everyone else’s. Why the hell would you ever tell your kid that?

I got up, changed and went for a morning run. I just needed to get my mind off of things for a while. I mean it’s not fighting, but hell, at least it gets my heart pumping. The rest of the day seemed to slowly drag on, I called Henry but he was with Britany…again! Ivy was up in north jersey at her dad’s house, and Jayden was doing religious stuff all day! Hell I was so bored I even called Eli but he mumbled some colorful words and hung up before I could even make a case for why he should come over.

“Sir! Stop!” Perry snapped, as I mindlessly kept flipping channels hoping to find some sort of distraction “I am trying to clean you know.”

I threw back my head and let my weigh carry my body down further on the couch “I’m so friggin bored! How does anyone do this!”

“Believe it or not the human body needs a day off sir,” Perry sighed “Perhaps if you would have given your ligaments more breaks it wouldn’t have quit on you.”

“Perhaps” I muttered, angry at the real reason.

“Why don’t you go lay out master Jayden’s clothes for tomorrow, and I’ll go drop them off.” He suggested trying to get rid of me.

I nodded and rushed up the stairs, I ran through shirt after shirt, not knowing what his exact style would be. I mean I’ve never seen him in anything other than a band shirt! Finally I came across a stripped button up I decided would fit him nicely, for his pants I chose khakis that would most likely give him the same feel as the skinny jeans he loves to wear, and threw in a suede pair of boat shoes to be safe. I took a step back and giggled to myself, he’s going to hate me for this, but I really want to see him get all dressed up…it’ll be cute!

I spend the rest of the day driving Perry absolutely crazy, everywhere he went I went, everything he did I did, hell I even helped with dinner! Eventually I passed out to the sound of the late night fights, and woke up ready to really show Jayden what a date was! I spent the whole afternoon out on a run hoping to burn off most of the energy, but it wasn’t going anywhere! My heart only seemed to race faster and faster! I was so excited I even spent 2 hours getting showered and dressed! 2 hours! When I finally climbed into the car I felt like a million bucks, I wore the nicest shirt I had along with brand new pants and shoes! We stopped along the way and I picked out a bouquet of flowers nicer than any I had bought before.

We pulled into the driveway and I eagerly ran out to get the door. The second I tapped the doorbell I felt my heart go into overdrive…this is it! We’ve been dating for 2 weeks now, but this is our first real date as a couple! I mean sure there was that time I took him to bounce, but that wasn’t really a date, just me trying to impress him!

I heard some muffled yelling going on before Jayden finally pulled the door open. I giggled as I realized his hair had been delicately combed to the side. I scanned him up and down taking in every second “You look hot!” I let out

He rolled his eyes and took a step back “Do I really have to wear this?”

“Yes!” I encouraged

“Fine” he groaned “The stuff I do for you.” The second he saw the flowers in my hands he shot me a fed up look “We told you to stop brining my mom flowers.”

“These are actually for you.” I shyly blushed “I ugh…I haven’t gotten you anything since we started dating…and they just look right.”

“I…I” his face turned a bright red as his stutter return “You didn’t…I…thank you Aidan.”

He took them from my hands and led me to the kitchen so he could properly put them in a vase.

“Looking dressy men.” Mr. Sanders remarked “Where are you going?”

“Carmine’s” I answered with a smile.

He looked at Jayden then me “You mean the place that has a year long waiting list?” he gasped with wide eyes.

“That’s the one.” I nodded “The waiting list is really just a formality though…it’s all about who you know.”

The look on his face stayed the same as he heard my words “Of course it is.” He exhaled “Jayden, derech eretz”

“Yada” he replied turning back towards me

“Seriously” he scolded “ze ya-kar mi-dai.”

Jayden rolled his eyes, grabbed my hand and pulled me to the door “lai-la tov papa.” He groaned.

“Goodnight Mr. Sanders!” I yelped being dragged away “See I got that one.” I gladly giggled as we headed to the car.

“Good job!” he patronized with a sarcastic grin.

I bumped shoulders with him and smiled “Should I be concerned about anything else he said?”

“No.” he shrugged “He just told me to be behaved because the place is too expensive.”

“It’s not that bad.” I comforted “Trust me you’ll like it there.” He forced a smile but I could sense his nerves “And I’ll be with you the whole way through.” I warmly smiled, holding the door for him.

He took a seat, but I pushed him over taking the seat next to him “Oh yay I get to sit next to you.” He teased.

“Yeah you do!” I giggled laying my head on his shoulder.

He sighed, and let his head fall against mine “You’ve been waiting for that haven’t you?”

“No.” I lied

He let out another short giggle “Yes you have, that’s why you blew up my phone all yesterday!”

“I was lonely!” I defended “Everyone was busy and I couldn’t even do anything!”

“You could’ve studied.” He taunted, taking a shot.

I nudged him with my elbow “Low blow Sanders.”

The rest of the ride was filled with flirting and teasing one another, we did our best to relax but nothing really seemed to work. It’s funny I’ve known Jayden the better half of a month now but I still get butterflys every time I see him…I still get nervous when I talk to him, and most importantly I still find him as stunning as the first day we spoke.

Perry dropped us off and instructed us that he would be patiently waiting for us in the parking lot. As Jayden climbed out he quickly grabbed a hold of me and reminded me to be a gentlemen “Wow him like the Taylor you are.” He instructed. I let out a deep breath as I finally stepped out, remembering that I may not really be a Taylor after all…well I mean I guess I am, it was still my parents…but that birth process…what am I a monster out of a freakin scifi movie?

“Everything okay?” Jayden poked, noticing that I was slightly off.

“We’ll talk about it later.” I exhaled holding the door open. He fought off a smile and blush as he walked in, and the second took a look at the place I saw awe fill his eyes.

“This is where we’re eating?” he asked, in shock.

I nodded my head and started walking up to the podium “Yup”

The host looked me up and down as I finally got close enough to engage him “May I help you?”

“Table for 2 please.” I ordered with a smile.

“Do you have reservations, here at Carmine’s we have a long waiting list, and without the proper reservations we cannot accommodate your party.”

I let out a quick laugh before composing myself “No, I do not.”

“Well then, I do not believe we have room for…”

“Actually why don’t you take a look, Taylor.” I instructed, lightly bouncing on my feet.

“Taylor?” he repeated.

I did my best to fight off my now cocky smile “Yes, that’s the name that should be there.”

“As in Taylor Properties?” The host asked, starting to straighten himself up.

“Yes, table for 2 please.” I repeated, showing a small amount of agitation.

“Of course sir!” The host said changing his tone “Right away! Why don’t you and your guest follow me.”

I winked towards Jayden and we followed him to a small table in the middle of the restaurant. I pulled Jayden’s chair out for him, and he took his seat. “What was all that about?” he remarked as I took the seat across from him.

“All what?” I teased, playing dumb.

“That game of chicken you and the host just played.” He poked, not as impressed as I had hoped he would be.

I shrugged my shoulder “I guess the name just got lost on the list.”

He rolled his eyes and sat up properly “You didn’t have reservations you liar, you abused your last name’s power.”

“Is it abuse if its for someone I love?” I smiled warmly.

A smile overtook his face, and he couldn’t help but blush “Yes!” he shook “It’s exactly that!” his giggle was like music to my ears.

I picked up my menu and began scanning it “Order anything you want…only the best for my baby.” He shot me a weirded out look and started slowly reading the menu to himself. I saw him go over it once then twice then three times. “Whats the matter? Don’t see anything you like?”

“No.” he quickly lied, trying not to seem ungrateful “Just so much great stuff I don’t know what to choose.”

“You need me to explain what some of the stuff is? I laughed, reading through his bullshit.

He faked shock before putting the menu down “For the record I know how to read the menu at normal restaurants!”

I giggled at his innocent and stood up “Come on, I have a better idea.”

“What are you doing?” he asked starting to grow nervous.

“You’re not comfortable here are you?” I poked, he went to open his mouth but I cut him off “and be honest!”

“No” he confessed “But it’s your turn to choose what we do…if this is what…”

“I want you to be happy!” I interrupted “and most importantly I want you to be you…this isn’t my Jayden, I shouldn’t try and make you do something that isn’t you…I shouldn’t try and change you…you’re perfect just the way you are.”

“Oh my gosh that’s so sweet!” the women to the left of us remarked, evidently overhearing our conversation “This ones a keeper” she winked at Jayden.

He sheepishly nodded and politely agreed with her. Much to the host dismays we quickly made our way out and jumped into the back of Perry’s car. “Whats the matter sir? Did they refuse to seat you, because I can go in and…”

“No, we just decided we wanted something different.” I pulled myself up and whispered a new location in his ear. He nodded and just like that we were off.

“What? Where are we going?” Jayden poked, with skeptical eyes.

“It’s a surprise.” I teased, leaning back against him.

Laughter and jokes filled the back of the car, and just like that we were in the routine of things. I really did love jayden…like really love him. Not just his looks, but the words he chose, the way he moved his hands while he spoke, the way he laughed, and most importantly the very small hint of an accent he had from speaking Hebrew as often as he did.

As we finally pulled into the diner parking lot Jayden tilted his head and laughed “We’re eating here?”

“Yup!” I giggled “Why do you…”

“It’s perfect!” he excitedly jumped out of the car.

I quickly got out and chased after him “What are you doing you freak?”

“Watch, this time I’ll get us a table.” He laughed, pulling the heavy door open. I followed him and he faked a confident walk “Excuse me table for 2 please, and make it quick.”

“Oh my god Jayden!” I reprimanded with a laugh.

“Jayden why are you here?” The hostess groaned “Don’t you have someone else to bother, and why are you dressed like that? You look like you’re playing dress up.”

“I’m on a date Sarah.” He bragged with a smile.

She rolled her eyes and grabbed 2 menus “What type of girl would ever agree to a date with you?”

“Actually this is my boyfriend Aidan.” He proudly bragged, pulling me forward “Aidan, this is my cousin Sarah.”

I quickly extended my hand and shook “It’s nice to meet you Sarah.”

She did her best to hide her surprise but quickly looked from me to him “Life’s not fair.” She remarked “Where do they make guys that look like you…I need to go find that factory.”

“Sarah!” Jayden exclaimed with a blush, as his cousin led us to a booth.

“Apparently in a test tube.” I muttered taking a seat.

Sarah handed us our menus pretending not to hear me, and walked back to the front of the small diner “What?” Jayden poked not understanding.

“I’m a test tube baby.” I mumbled looking down “My dad told me last night that they tried it like 4 times before it finally worked…they designed me in some science lab and all.”

“They can do that?” Jayden asked making a face.

I slowly nodded my head “Apparently, its called in vitro, its like some form of genetic engineering…it costs a shit ton of money, but my dad wanted to try and create his ideal son.”

“That’s so freakin cool!” Jayden excitedly yelped “So you’re perfect then! My boyfriend is perfect!”

I looked at him and made a face “What?”

“You’re perfect…if he genetically engineered you, then you don’t have many faults.” Jayden pointed out with a smile.

“You’ve seen my grades…I have a ton of faults…I can’t even do genetically engineering right.” I groaned, showing what had really been bothering me since I found out.

“Are you kidding me?” he laughed in surprise “So who cares? You only get bad grades because you don’t apply yourself! Besides it probably doesn’t even affect intelligence, you have no natural flaws! Your muscles…your ligaments if you’re really genetically engineered then everything is the best the human body can be!”

“I guess” I blushed.

“You guess!” he repeated “Well that explains how you balance being a wrestler and an MMA fighter so easily!”

“Yeah but my hand…”

“That would’ve happened weeks ago to anyone else!” Jayden interrupted “This is a good thing, I knew you were perfect.” He proudly beamed.

I fought off an embarrassed smile as he continue to brag about me “I knew you could cheer me up.”

I saw a mischievous look enter his face “So if everything’s perfect then I guess I should take a look under the hood sometime soon.” He winked

“Oh my god! Jayden!” I exhaled in shock “What’s gotten into you tonight?”

He sheepishly giggled to himself “I guess I’m just falling for you more than I ever thought possible.”

“Perv!” I quietly accused, lightly playing footsie with him under the table

“You just bring out the worst in me.” He teased.

“I believe what you’re looking for is the best in you” I giggled

He lightly shook his head “I know what I said.”

I giggled, and reached across the table to set his hair back to the normal Jayden look “That’s better.” I smiled.

A blush overtook his face but before I could say anything we heard shouting come from behind us “I don’t understand, the card…I just put money on it! No it must be the machine!” A disheveled woman with two small children argued.

The manager quickly pressed all the buttons on the register, trying his best to get it to work “Sorry ma’am but it keeps saying it’s maxed out. You’re going to have to use cash.” The manager squeaked out.

I discreetly caught Sarah’s attention and waved her over “Here.” I whispered, handing her my credit card “I want to pay for her, keep it anonymous though.”

She nodded took the card, and went to handle the situation. “What was that?” Jayden poked with a proud smile “Are you paying for that family?”

“No, that’s insane.” I giggled “To quote my dad charity is a waste of money.”

“Paid for?” The woman exhaled behind us, trying to calm down “I don’t understand you said the cards maxed…not that it is, but… I don’t understand.”

“I guess you have someone looking out for you.” The manager smiled.

She smiled in disbelief before leading her children out “I guess so…I guess so.”

Sarah returned with a receipt and I did my best to sign it and sneak the card back into my pocket before Jayden could see what I was doing. He giggled and lightly kicked me “You totally just did!”

Sarah played with her younger cousins hair as she walked away “You’ve got a good one here.”

“So I’ve heard.” He smiled, pride glowing off his face.

We turned and watched out the window, as the woman hoisted her kids into an old beaten down minivan and pulled away.

Jayden looked over at me and a small tear of pride escaped his eye “Never change Aidan.”

“I don’t plan on it.” I laughed “With you by my side…I never could.”

He nodded and in his eyes I saw my future….everything I’ve ever wanted…everything I’ll ever need…here it is right in front of me.

2016 Ace
  • Like 11
  • Love 7
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..