Jump to content
    Aceinthehole
  • Author
  • 1,763 Words
  • 4,445 Views
  • 4 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Tales of the Underground: Crestfallen - 1. Enter the Cage

Welcome to book 2, while it is not required it is heavily recommended that you check out book 1 Velocity if you haven't yet. Either way I hope you enjoy Crestfallen!

I felt the white tape wrapped tight around my fists stretch tighter with every single punch thrown at the speed bag. The sound of the bag to the top then right back to my fist was like a symphony to me. This was my whole world, my universe, my sanctuary, I can go on and on, words can’t describe the rush. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not a violent person or anything but man…fighting is my shit! It all started when I was a kid, I was picked on relentlessly for being gay. Everything from mental games to eating punches. Every single day of my young life I would come home crying and every single day my mom and dad would say the same thing “Aidan, stop crying. You have 2 choices stop being a fag or hit back!” One day I finally listened. I’ve gotten pretty good too, so good that my father did what he does best. He turned me into a business. He’s poured thousands and thousands of dollars into my training, making it clear that losing is not an option. It’s almost as though I’ve become more of a hired assassin then a son. So here I stand just 15 years old and an upcoming freshman in high school, trying to become the undisputed #1. I just need to keep hitting back.

I forced my last punch threw the speed bag satisfied with another day’s work out. My best friend Henry stood by in support as he always did. I watched a shit eating grin cross his face as I reached out for him to hand me my towel. He picked it up and quickly flung it at me, exhausted I let it slap me in the head.

“Static Aidan Taylor taken down by a towel!” he screamed at the top of his lungs “Who would’ve ever thought it would end like this folks!”

I stepped up and cocked back my fist threatening to punch him “Now now sir, do you really think that’s a wise decision?” I heard a stern voice say from the stairs.

I looked over to see my butler standing there “What’s that supposed to mean Perry?” I shouted with a smile “Don’t think I can take him?” I teased

“With your hands behind your back sir” he answered returning the smile. Perry’s been my families’ butler for decades. Dating back to before I was even born. In fact he’s practically raised me. Some days I wonder if I’m more of a son to him then to my parents. “In other news, Mr. Cross’ parents would like him to go home soon, as tomorrow is the first day of high school for both of you.” He reminded us.

“Tell them I’ll go home when I want” Henry answered

Perry rolled his eyes “I’ll tell them you’re busy at the moment. Are you certain you don’t want a ride home tonight?”

“Perry, we go through this every single time I come over. Unlike this jackass I wasn’t born with a silver spoon in my mouth. I can bike my way back to peaseantville” he teased giving me a good shove. Perry just shook his head and made his way back up the stairs.

We both knew Henry was kidding, he was damn proud to be a “hood rat” as he put it, and I was proud to be the spoiled rich kid. It suites both of us. Henry’s background is also the reason he’s the only friend my parents allow me to have. They claim that his rough upbringing and bite toughen up my smooth edges.

Henry shoved me again but I stood my ground and pushed back this time. Only being 5’5, Henry who is 5’10 stood over me but I was still able to overpower him. “Alright Taylor, let’s not get carried away. We all get it you can beat me up” he mocked taking a few steps back.

I began to undo the tape around my fists “Ready to start high school?” I said eager to change the subject off of fighting.

“You know it. I’m going for a rainbow this quarter.” I gave him a curious look “No, it’s not a gay thing, I know that’s how your perverted mind works. It’s when you get an A,B,C,D and F all in one quarter.”

“How the hell are you going to get an A?” I pestered with a smile

“I guess you’ll have to help” he patted me on the back of the head “As payment for all the tutoring I’ve given you with fighting.”

I couldn’t help but laugh “What help? You just watch me train!” I mocked in good fun

“I help you prepare mentally. Who else is going to call you faggot and queer on a daily basis to make you numb to it.” He said with a smile

“Trust me I don’t think it will be hard to find people that say that.” I said finally freeing my left fist from the tape. “Think you’ll finally meet the right girl?” I asked starting to work on freeing my right fist.

He snickered “Who knows? I guess I’ll have to make the rounds and find all the right girls.”

“You’re such a pig.”

“Oh please if you weren’t so set on that hockey player, you would be the same. You know how much dick you would get? You’re a star athlete, that has to carry some weight.” It’s funny how excited he was about it all.

“It’s not about sex for me Henry, it’s about…”

“Love” he said finishing the sentence with pretend enthusiasm “I get it, I’ve heard it a million times.”

“And I don’t have a crush.” I butted in

“Don’t even bring that fake shit here, you so do!” he shouted “You’ve had a crush on Elijah Warren ever since he got named to the Varsity high school hockey team, and just your luck he’s been single for the last few months.”

“Not by his choice” I mumbled peeling the tape away

“We rarely ever get to decide anything that happens in our lives” Henry said speaking like he knew life’s answers “and it’s lucky for you that he’s no longer taken.”

“Shit, you speak like your happy his boyfriend died.”

“Ex-boyfriend” Henry spit “Don’t act like you’re not.”

“I’m not” I stated “That story is fucking nuts man, who would’ve guess that The Kid went to Bellmont, who would’ve guessed that Elijah would’ve gotten wrapped up in any of that? I heard he was the most innocent kid before it all happened.” I said beginning to fantasize what he was like.

“He went by The Reaper towards the end.” Henry corrected

“So you barely know how to read and write, but this you know perfectly?” I teased staring at him.

“Sure, it’s exciting. The story of Jamie Free, who wouldn’t want to hear it!” he began “the poster child for underground racing who was shot dead by his boyfriend’s father.”

“That’s enough” I said knowing too well where the rumors went from there “Besides it sounds like you have a crush on the racer.”

“Such a big crush” he replied in a sarcastic tone “Besides you don’t want to hear the end?”

“I really don’t” I insisted

“About how Elijah took a gun from his boyfriend’s dead body and shot his father right through the heart. Talk about your modern day Romeo and Juliet gone wrong.” Henry let out a smug grin knowing I hated that part of the story.

“You're so blowing this out of proportion. It’s all just rumors.” I answered “Besides the cops said he shot his dad out of self-defense, he probably was going to kill him for being gay or something.”

“Oh please” Henry argued “We all know he did it out of spite, people say you can see it in his eyes.” Henry wasn’t joking about this part of the story after the news broke speculation swirled about Elijah killing his father in cold blood. News articles took the rumors of a heartbroken 16 year old out for revenge and ran. People who go to Belmont swear that the radical change from golden child to thug prove it. In fact the only thing he really does anymore is play hockey. But if you ask me that’s all just sadness, after all how else does someone cope with the loss of their boyfriend and father all in one day?

“Go home Henry” I said having enough with story time “I have to shower and go to bed”

“Oh come on!” he cried “I tell you the backstory of your crush and you throw me out? What kind of thank you is that?”

I felt an involuntary smile cross my face “Leave already would ya!”

“Fine fine, im going” he gave me a big hug before heading towards the steps “See ya tomorrow. I’ll make sure the hockey player takes out a restraining order on you before school starts!”

I threw the crumpled up tape at him but he escaped before it reached the stairs. I sighed at the idea, Elijah Warren dating me? Pfff in my wildest dreams, I’ll have to find my own Prince Charming. I shut off the lights and headed upstairs.

I heard my parent’s bedroom door slam shut like it always did. “Master Aidan, Mr. and Mrs. Taylor would ask that you don’t bother them tonight as today has been a long day…”

“Yeah what else is new” I said cutting off his reasoning “Besides how many times do I have to tell you, you can call me Static!”

“Sir, I have wiped your butt and fed you since you were just a few months old. I will do anything you ask me, but I will not call you that silly nickname. You will always be Aidan Taylor to me.”

I nodded and headed up to shower and sleep. “Goodnight Percy.”

“Goodnight Aidan.” He replied. I always knew he’d be there to say goodnight, unlike my shitty parents! They barely do anything for me and my sister. I don’t even know why they bothered having us.

I undressed and looking in the mirror. I’m usually pretty humble but I couldn’t help admiring what good shape I was in. I’ve worked hard to get this way. I guess there’s nothing wrong with loving the way you look. I peered back at the scrappy kid with neat black hair and blue eyes. It’s a whole new world tomorrow, I told myself. Just keep hitting and you’ll survive.

Welcome to book 2, while it is not required it is heavily recommended that you check out book 1 Velocity if you haven't yet. Either way I hope you enjoy Crestfallen!
2016 Ace
  • Like 22
  • Love 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Good start to this, will be interesting to see how you develop the story, hope it's not going to be too obvious. The first in the series was good hope this is as well.
Well written keep up the good work.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 10/11/2016 04:36 AM, croyde said:

Good start to this, will be interesting to see how you develop the story, hope it's not going to be too obvious. The first in the series was good hope this is as well.

Well written keep up the good work.

Thanks! I have the same concerns about predictability and will definitely work to give you guys curveballs.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..