Jump to content
    Aceinthehole
  • Author
  • 1,071 Words
  • 3,002 Views
  • 4 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Tales of the Underground: Crestfallen - 15. Return to The Underground

I’ve come to realize something about Eli. He doesn’t just need a friend; he needs someone to dip into insanity with him.

As I pulled away from Eli’s lips I felt nothing. The now year and a half crush seemed to fall apart in the course of one second. I opened my eyes to find his cold dead stare looking back at me. He scooted back, and wiped the saliva from his lips.

“Eli…I…it was” I began, feeling nerves growing.

“It’s okay” he shrugged.

“No, but like…I didn’t mean to…”

“Aidan, relax!” he said leaning back “It’s cool”

“How are you so…so…calm?

“Because it was something you needed to do” he confessed “I’ve noticed it since I met you”

“What?” I let out, confused by his words

“You needed to kiss me to see if we had any sort of spark or chemistry.” He lectured “And we don’t”

“So you didn’t feel anything either then?” I sighed

“Nope” he let out with an almost laugh “My other half is long gone. You’re just getting started; don’t waste your time chasing me”

“That’s why you’re such a dick to everyone!” I blurted out, finally cracking his persona

“No, Aidan…” he began

“No, you don’t want to let people in, because you’re worried they’ll get hurt!” I exclaimed “You’re worried you’re washed up…you’re worried the best is behind you” He looked down and I realized I was hitting the truth “Eli you’re only turning 17, you have so much life ahead of you…so much potential…why give that up?” His glance shifted into my eyes and gave me a glimpse of the sorrow within “Look I’m sorry you’ve lost so much…more than most people do in their lives, but you can’t let that define you…you can’t let it stop you.”

“That’s enough” he finally ordered in a somber voice “You couldn’t understand any of it, you’re just a kid”

“Then teach me” I sighed, remembering I had made a similar deal with Jayden “You teach me to get tougher…to get rougher, and I’ll remind you that you’re human…that you’re good”

He shook his head “I can’t”

“I need you to” I pushed “I need to get tougher, and you need someone to walk with you”

“No” he dismissed, starting to shut me out again “I can’t expose anyone to the type of life you’re looking for …you wouldn’t walk away in one piece”

“Well if you won’t do it then I need to find someone else who will” I sighed

“Why” he growled, shooting a serious look at me

“My father…” I started, trying not to sound stupid “I don’t have the option to tell him no. If I can’t find a way to then he will…he’ll…” I shuttered with fear at the idea of what he would do

“That’s enough” Eli muttered, raising his hand, he looked me up and down and shook his head “I can’t”

“Fine” I spit jumping to my feet “Then I’ll just have to find someone who will”

“Aidan…” Eli sighed, as I grabbed my bag “We have questions to finish!” he shouted as I walked towards the staircase” I shrugged my shoulders and climbed the first step “Fine!” he yelled, I turned and flashed him a quick smile “If hell is what you want…then don’t blame me when you get it” he jumped to his feet, and made his way over to me “Just promise me one thing” he reached up and squeezed my face “You’ll listen to everything I say”

I pushed his hands away and kept my smile “I will”

“Follow me” he pushed out, rolling his eyes. He slowly and regretfully led me to into his garage, and let out a deep sigh. I saw sadness flow through him as he grabbed onto a big black tarp and pulled it away, exposing a beast as red as blood. My jaw dropped as I realized what I was looking at, it wasn’t just a car…it was The Kid’s car. It may sound crazy…maybe it is…but I swear I could feel something coming from the car, something calling out…something evil. “Get in” Eli growled snapping me from my trance.

I nodded and cautiously made my way towards the passenger’s side. As I climbed in I noticed the rusted bars that stretched out over the front two seats, I lightly wrapped my hand around it in awe. Eli let out a disapproving sigh and slammed the driver’s door behind him. “Where are we going?” I asked still in shock over the whole situation.

“For a drive” he barked, turning the key. I couldn’t help but jump out of my seat as the car jumped to life with a roar that sounded as though it was coming from some type of beast. It rumbled under my feet like an earthquake and I finally understood the power the underground racers must feel. I heard a quiet laugh come from Eli as he observed my amazement. I opened my mouth to say something but he quickly threw it in gear and sped out of the small driveway. Watching Eli drive was like watching Van Gogh paint; it just seemed so effortless and easy. Every chance he got he would whip the car or rev the engine. “What’s the point of this?” I pushed out over the roar of the engine. My question was met with silence, and I felt Eli give the car even more fire. Finally we pulled up to what seemed like a small abandoned underpass, Eli pulled off the road, and onto a patch of grass nearby. “Where are we?” I let out

“Hell” he growled. Trapped in amazement I stepped out and started to make my way toward the small tunnel. I heard the door open behind me and before I knew it Eli lunged out and grabbed onto my arm “No” he spit

“No?” I repeated, frustrated at the lack of communication “What do you mean no?”

“You’re not ready for that yet” he snarled “I just needed you to see…to show you what you were asking for.”

“I understand” I sighed looking at the dark opening.

I saw a few men dragging fencing and barricades into various positions and checkpoints. I took a breathe and looked at the dark opening in front of me. It was then I heard the car call out once more, except this time I dared to listen.

Welp I guess I couldn't stay away from writing! It may be short but I was able to cook up a chapter through random holes in my schedule. Aidan will be back with a new fire, and it all starts next week!
2016 Ace
  • Like 15
  • Love 1
  • Wow 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I've been really getting into this story, but if ur going back to the whole underground racing thing I'm out. All the ridiculousness with the racing and the guns is why I quit reading the last one.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 12/05/2016 11:55 PM, jaysalmn said:

I've been really getting into this story, but if ur going back to the whole underground racing thing I'm out. All the ridiculousness with the racing and the guns is why I quit reading the last one.

Sorry, but the underground is going to be involved in most likely all the tales of the underground stores In one way or the other. I can't say too much about how yet, but I can say this one won't include racing. I suppose the one thing I can leave you with is that in the end this story will be the light to velocitys dark.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

NO no no... i love your story dude. But i hope for Eli's sake he doesnt do what i think he's going to do. I love him, because of the first book but dont drag Aiden into it. no matter how hard he wants or needs to, don't. I would literally cry. Anyway, Getting in that car tells anyone who read the first book, that Eli isnt scared of the car anymore. Or the evilness that it brings with it.
I just hope Aiden knows what he asked for. Because Eli is going to give him a glimpse of his past. Especially where Jamie is concerned. I am also relieved to find out that, Aiden and Eli didnt have a spark. That means Aiden can go after Jayden! Yay!!! ::Happy Dance::

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Wow I had chills going through me the moment he pulled the tarp and revealed the car. The underground was Eli's downfall and so must be a necessary part of his healing. It's painful I'm sure, but in searching for his own demons, Aiden is starting to make some real progress with Eli. And that kiss, phew, that could've gone a lot worse. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..