Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
The world of The Mantis Gland series is a brutal place.

The Mantis Corruption - Book Three - 10. Chapter 10 - Ronging, Part Two

Ronging is getting closer to satisfying his desires 💀

Ronging lurched across the grasslands with the river in sight to one side; it would lead him to the richest hunting grounds. His thoughts were a void, his emotions nonexistent. There was only the need. There was nothing left of him. Ronging was the need.

As he got his first glimpse of the metropolis, his eyes raged with joy and desire. Its outskirts stretched north, and that was where Ronging was certain to satiate his craving. He slunk into the brush and again waited for nightfall.

The northernmost township that connected to the capital of Ruburge was Tuilii la Ru. In those congested narrow streets, Ronging could sense his prey even now. It took all his effort to restrain himself for the last few hours. With each day that passed since his unearthly craving began to flare up again, the necessity to fill it grew stronger. The burning of his addiction had grown into a furious inferno that scorched his soul.

Slowly, evening crept over the world, and Ronging raced into the quiet town. His senses were electric, and as he drew closer, he could feel multiple photonova glands that were ripe for the taking. He just needed to find the right person, one he could overcome. Ronging knew that he was attracting attention to himself, and though he normally would have been more cautious, he rushed down one narrow street after another. His need was his guide.

It was not long before Ronging found what he sought, and all of his senses focused on the individual.

Down a shadowy alleyway, a man was slumped against the wall. He was barely conscious, mumbling to himself, and gripping the neck of a stoneware jug.

Ronging approached, leered over him, and he was unaffected by the stink of his alcohol on the man’s breath. The drunkard’s bleary eyes moved up Ronging’s weird body, and the monster grabbed him by the face and smashed the back of his head against the wall. Ronging roared, and the inebriated Shift man was no match. The creature slammed the drunkard’s skull into the stones over and over until the masonry was beginning to crack, and the man’s brains were smashed like jelly.

Then Ronging froze. His entire being was honed in on the one tiny thing that could satisfy his twisted addiction. He rolled the convulsing body onto its stomach and used two of his arms to hold the man down while his third hand reached into the splatter.

Ronging dug furiously through the hideous opening in the back of the man’s head, flinging chunks of brain around the alleyway. He was focused like there was nothing else in the universe except that which he sought. When his fingers found the Shift man’s photonova gland, Ronging let out a peel of ecstasy and pushed himself up to his bizarre standing position. He did not even look at the tiny crystal before shoving it into the mouth he was born with, and he swallowed hard.

Pain struck, and it radiated through Ronging’s bizarre body like pleasure. He screamed in rapturous agony, and it ravaged through him in morbid delight. Like the terrible beast he was, he howled up at the grey clouds, as his bizarre body changed yet again.

Ronging did not wait for the new body parts to grow, the ones he knew were about to sprout from him. He headed back out to the edge of town and started off into the grasslands. His semblance of a smile, a weird distorted thing, spread across his multiple-mouthed face. He wailed in ecstasy, as his transformation began.

Little bulges pushed from the flesh of his back, and his wicked laughter rang out through the quiet region east of the Ru River, as a fresh row of teeth split through Ronging’s skin. They grew in a long strip from the middle of one shoulder blade to his low back. Out of the side of his face sprang one finger, then another, and then a third, and he squealed in delighted torment as meaty appendages protruded from his torso in bulging mounds.

His pain subsided, and his change was complete.

The journey back to Gunge would take Ronging days

😖
2023
  • Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Wow 2
Thank you for sticking with my crazy story!
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Wouldn't be easier if Ronging simply took what he needed from his fellow companions in the Gunge??

  • Like 4
Link to comment
  • Site Moderator
36 minutes ago, drsawzall said:

Wouldn't be easier if Ronging simply took what he needed from his fellow companions in the Gunge??

They are all ex-Messiahs, not shifts.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
26 minutes ago, drpaladin said:

They are all ex-Messiahs, not shifts.

correct, none of the monsters were born with mantis glands, so there are no glands to take from them. consuming the gland causes it to break down and fuse with the eater, giving them their enhanced strength. even the multiple consumed gland in the mutated messiahs no longer exist in their original forms.

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Ronging got the gland he wanted. He even more powerful and hiddeous.

Can he make it back to his home safely ?

  • Like 2
  • Fingers Crossed 1
Link to comment
  • Site Moderator

This is the most terrible of addictions in that it causes immediate, permanent changes and is incurable. Being a Messiah is bad enough, but these creatures have no redeeming qualities at all.

  • Love 2
  • Wow 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..