Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
The world of The Mantis Gland series is a brutal place.

The Mantis Corruption - Book Three - 28. Chapter 28 - Ronging & the Other

Ronging makes a friend.

A monster was approaching Ronging, and though he recognized it, he did not know what name it called itself. The existence of mutated Messiahs did not include a need for them to remember the details of their kind, but Ronging inherently knew the other creature was one of them.

It spoke in a strange voice and knew his name. “Ronging, I have returned from Teshon City.”

Ronging looked over the gory hillside, covered in the many corpses and body part.

“They’re all dead?” the other monster asked. “All dead,” it repeated in a growl. “Ronging, come with me,” the creature commanded.

Ronging turned and faced his fellow beast. Only one monster of Gunge wore anything on its twisted body, and that weird individual was now before him. It did not wear clothes, but on its head was a mechanical crown.

They're not really friends.
2023
  • Like 5
  • Love 3
Thank you for sticking with my crazy story!
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

The monster wearing the crown--the king of them?-commanded Ronging to come with him. This individual can communicate and seems to reason, not just act on impulse.  I assume they are going to Teshon City to get vengeance. The King? did not see the attack, but seemed to know where the attackers originated.

Yet, no outward reason was given or expected by Ronging. 

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
  • Site Moderator

A friend who is not a friend.

I can only surmise this mechanical device enables sentient thought.  How did he come by it? It wasn't on his on and that is disturbing.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..