Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Love Of Family (Revised) - 1. Last Minute Jitters

Levie, and Greg explore their feelings about the impending changes that come along with moving in together.

Greg & Brandon

Greg Wilmont stepped out of the bathtub, pulled the bath sheet from the rack, dried off, and hung it over the shower curtain to dry; He slipped into a pair of grey boxer/briefs and faced the mirror. Greg picked up the hair gel, squeezed some in his palm, rubbed his hands together, and distributed it through his curly, neck-length, jet-black hair; he used his fingers to gently toss his damp locks around to achieve the controlled and messy hairstyle he wanted. Next, he retrieved the electric razor from its place in the drawer and shaved his slight morning stubble; Greg reached over, opened the space saver's cabinet door, and retrieved a bag of cotton balls. He pulled one out and used it to apply some witch hazel to his youthful face. Finally, satisfied with his appearance Greg smiled and turned the light out.

The young man walked into his bedroom, grabbed his favorite pair of faded blue jeans off the bed, and slipped into them; The fabric hugged his lower body like a second skin. Greg loved the way his jeans accentuated his round, plump ass. Sitting on the bed, he massaged some lotion into his size twelve bare feet and put on a pair of ankle-length, white athletic socks. Next, Greg went to the closet and chose a dark red polo shirt that looked great with his jeans and light tan skin tone. Finally, he stepped into his black sneakers and took one more look in the full-length mirror attached to the door. He turned out the light and closed the bedroom door.

Greg made sure his wallet was in his back pocket; he picked up his keys, threw a tan windbreaker over his arm, and locked the door. He stood on his front porch, took a deep breath, and smiled; The mid-September morning was a bit on the cool side, but with the sunshine, it felt warmer. Although, it wasn't the weather making Greg happy. He was excited that it was the first day of his vacation and, Levie was moving in with him.

"I wonder what living with Levie will be like." the brunet thought as he walked to his truck. He'd met his boyfriend at Lyle Moore's forty-seventh birthday party, Lyle's the investment counselor at the bank where Greg works; He's also one of the most loved and respected people there. About a week after his promotion, Lyle started taking an interest in him and his plans; that's how he got invited to the lavish party. Early in the evening, Lyle introduced Greg to his grandson; He was a gorgeous, bright-eyed redhead named Levie Stillman. Greg's eyes almost popped out of their sockets as he gazed at the exquisite, angelic being.

Before leaving, to mingle with other guests, Lyle told the boys he thought they looked good together. Once they got past the awkward introduction, the two of them relaxed, and after some small talk, discovered some common interests. That same evening, Greg met Lyle's wife Ev'lynn Moore, their son, Troy Stillman, and son-in-law, Jaycen Stillman. While talking with Levie, he learned Jaycen and Troy were his brothers, or as Levie called them, his Bropops. Greg and Levie exchanged numbers before sharing a warm embrace and saying good night to one another. A week later, they started dating. The raven-haired young man smiled as he remembered the feeling he got from that first hug; It was full of love and genuine kindness. Greg softly chuckled to himself as he recalled the adorable nickname; the brunet made a mental note to ask Levie where he got the name.

Greg climbed into his 2012 Toyota Tacoma Prerunner. The twenty-year-old was proud of his pickup truck. Three years ago, Greg sat down with his foster dad, Tom Wilmont, his foster mom, Linda, and his foster brother, Brandon. Together they researched best rated, longest-lasting pickup trucks with the best gas mileage. They agreed on the Tacoma and found one in almost new condition; the vehicle had fifty thousand miles and cost twenty-five thousand dollars. The family repeated the process for Brandon but, he didn't want a pickup. They found a silver 2018 Hyundai Sonata Sport Limited with a moon roof and, like the Tacoma, its condition was almost new; The vehicle had forty thousand miles and cost twenty-one thousand dollars.

Linda and Tom offered to buy both vehicles for their sons, but the brothers adamantly protested; The teens said they didn't want their parents spending that much on them. Greg and Brandon insisted on paying their parents back with interest and, after some lengthy negotiations, the couple came to a proposed compromise with their two kids. Each teen would pay half what their chosen vehicle cost without interest. Greg and Brandon got up and went into Greg's room. They hashed out their ideas on the proposal, then returned to the family room, and agreed.

Linda and Tom attached the last-minute, nonnegotiable addendum; they would pay for a custom paint job if the boys wanted a different color than the original. The boys looked at each other, shook their heads, and chuckled at how sneaky their parents were; the family sealed the agreement with handshakes, hugs, and a kiss on the cheek, for each parent. Brandon was happy with the color of his car. Greg chose a dark blue with purple hues for his truck.

Before starting his vehicle, Greg took a minute to meditate. He closed his eyes, fingered his tree of life pentacle necklace, and thanked the Goddess for blessing him. He was at a good place in his life. It was just over two years ago when Greg got his job at the bank. He worked as a teller for a year before getting promoted to the checking/loan department. Greg is responsible for monitoring customers' accounts. He makes sure they aren't compromised or close to being overdrawn. He is also responsible for preliminary loan approvals. Once Greg approves or denies the loan, it's sent, to his manager, for the final decision.

Greg started the Tacoma and shifted into reverse. Even though it wasn't a big pickup, he used the side mirrors and carefully backed out of the designated space. He put the truck into drive and exited the parking lot. Greg pulled up to the stop sign, turned right onto Barksdale Avenue, and headed across town to meet his brother for lunch.

Brandon pulled into the diner's parking lot. Before exiting his Sonata, the twenty-year-old ran his fingers through his sandy blonde hair. He was about to open the car door when he noticed his brother parking his truck a couple of spaces down from him.

The young man sat for a minute and reminisced about the day he met Greg. The boys were eight years old and immediately hit it off. After talking for a bit, the pair discovered their birthdays were a few days apart. It didn't take long before they became inseparable. Brandon's parents fell in love with the raven-haired youth. He was energetic, playful, and very affectionate. After the first week, the boys told Linda and Tom that they were best friends and brothers. Because their birthdays were so close together, Brandon's parents held a joint birthday party for the boys. It saddened them. that Greg's parents didn't do anything to acknowledge the youngster's birthday. Hell! The boy's parents didn't know, or even give a damn, about where he was.

Next, Brandon's mind fast-forwarded to the night, when a very bruised and bloodied fourteen-year-old Greg showed up on the Wilmont's doorstep. His mom, and dad, had beaten the hell out of the boy and threw him out of the house. All because they discovered Greg was gay. Tears dripped down Brandon's cheeks. Even after five years, the blonde was haunted; by the defeated and broken look in his brother's eyes. The young teen had never seen his Greg, looking so small, vulnerable, and scared. However, what truly broke Brandon's heart, was when he opened the door, and Greg's exhausted body fell limp against him. The boy's face was bleeding from almost everywhere. "Please, help me, Bran, it hurts." Greg managed to say just before passing out.

Finally, his thoughts shifted to the present; Tom and Linda heard about a successful local grocery store franchise and decided to buy into the company; the couple worked with Lyle and formed a plan to open a store of their own. Brandon's parents asked him to be the assistant store manager. They asked to get Greg involved but, he refused, telling the family that he wanted to continue working at the bank. Greg told them Lyle had taken an interest in him and made sure he got noticed by upper management. Linda and Tom couldn't argue with the sound decision and expressed their sadness; over not having the entire family together in this new and exciting venture. They reminded their foster son; that he was family, he would always be loved, and would always have a place in their store, should he ever need it.

Brandon was starting to have doubts about moving with his parents; it would be exciting to live somewhere else but, he didn't want to be so far away from Greg. Unable to take any more, Brandon shook his head and tried to clear the sad thoughts from his mind. He splashed some water on his face; Brandon kept a bottle or two in the car for emergencies.

The blonde smiled as he got a fun idea. Early in their friendship, Brandon and Greg discovered they shared an interest in tickling. Not only were they very ticklish but, they loved having playful tickle fights with each other; however, that was just one element of their unbreakable bond. The young men shared the same values and had similar personalities; they were kind, friendly, trustworthy, loving, protective, loyal, playful, hard-working and, had no problem showing affection, publicly or privately.
Brandon got out of the car and locked the door. He was fighting hard to hold in his laughter as he silently approached his brother; When he was close enough, the smiling blonde reached out with both hands and tickled Greg's sides, just above his hips.

Instantly, the six-foot-tall man yelped; He tried to block the ticklish assault with his arms while excited laughter flowed from his lips. Greg's slightly muscular but toned body fell in a squirming heap on the sidewalk. His brother smiled angelically and held out his arm. With a devilish grin, Greg took hold of the offered hand, yanked his brother's five-foot-nine, lanky body down on top of him and, quickly trapped the squirming man. He launched a tickle attack of his own by kneading his fingers between his prey's ribs. "Hi, Bran, you do realize I saw you the entire time, right?" Greg chuckled as Brandon's shrieks and boisterous laughter spewed from the blonde captive's parted lips. Once the two of them were standing, Greg pulled his brother into a warm, bear hug that lifted the shorter man off the ground; After setting Brandon back down, he kissed his cheek. "I didn't keep you waiting, did I?"

Eagerly, the sandy blonde returned the hug and kiss. "Nope, I just got here, saw you pull in, decided to have some fun, and surprise you; By the way, how'd you see me?" He got his answer when his brother laughed and pointed at the diner's mirror window.

"Bro, I'm anxious about Levie moving in. I hope we can live together." Greg's breathing got faster, and tears started filling his blue-grey eyes. "Bran, he's beautiful, inside and out; I don't want to lose him. We've only been going out for three months, but I feel the bond with him growing stronger. I can't explain how I know this, but..." Greg paused and stood with his hands on his brother's shoulders and his head pressed against Brandon's.

"Bro, Lev's the most amazing guy I've met, not just physically, but he's got an incredibly giving heart; He's the one, the one I want to be my future husband." Brandon's eyes widened, and his brows arched; he placed his hands on both sides of Greg's face and stared directly into his brother's eyes. Brandon noticed Greg's eyes remained unwavering; he only saw the sincerity and tears.

When they were around thirteen, the boys discovered this technique and used it to determine if they had unrecognized doubts for any situation they faced. Brandon nodded in satisfaction and lovingly wrapped his emotional brother in his arms. "Hey, calm down, everything will be alright. If he's the one, you need to introduce him and his family to us. We've been dying to meet this guy, especially me. I need to make sure he's good enough for you." Brandon said as he gently rubbed the back of Greg's neck and laid his head on his brother's shoulder.

"I promise Brandon, as soon as I can, we'll get together. Believe me, they've been anxious to meet you guys too. We just haven't had the time; I've got my job, Lev works the ranch he owns with his brothers, gives riding lessons, he's a reserve firefighter and, is a firearm and archery instructor. He also has his Realtor's license and shows houses when his Uncle Damian needs him. Hopefully, by moving in together, we can have more time to strengthen our relationship; at least, living in the same place, neither of us has to drive, twenty or thirty minutes, one way, for a date."

"It sounds like you guys have thought this through. This is a big step in advancing your relationship. You have my support and blessing but, don't forget I get the final say. You're my brother. I love you and, I gotta protect you." Brandon giggled and squealed when he was thrown over Greg's shoulder and spun around. "Hey, Tarzan, put me down; I ain't Jane."

Greg chuckled then gave his best impression of the famous jungle man; He set his brother down and wiped his eyes. "I love you, Bran. Thanks for always being there and loving me." Greg grinned and playfully ruffled Brandon's hair.

"Shit, watch the hair, ya big lug. I just fixed it in the car." The blonde smiled and playfully shoved his brother. "Love ya more, ya big goofball. Greg, the two of you have to make time for a family get-together. Mom and Dad aren't going to wait forever. Don't forget our mom's not afraid to show up at five o'clock in the morning, let herself in, and wake you both up in your underwear, or even less." Brandon's statement caused a boisterous outbreak of laughter. "Now, come on, I'm starving." The young men shared another hug and went inside.

The diner wasn't too busy, and they were seated pretty quickly. Shortly after receiving the drinks, their waitress, a pleasant, middle-aged woman, came to take their orders. Greg ordered a foot-long Philly cheesesteak sub and, he added bacon, olives, pickles, extra cheese, extra mayo, and a large curly fries; Brandon ordered the same thing. The pair got comfortable on the benches and relaxed. They discussed the impending future changes; Specifically, Greg being there without his family close by and in the same city. The young men had tears in their eyes as they continued talking over lunch. Greg reassured his brother he would be okay. In turn, Brandon assured Greg he'd never be alone and, the family was just a call away.

Levie, Troy, & Jaycen
Levie was face down on his bed, looking out the window at the mountains while waves of varying emotions ebbed and flowed through him. He was excited about moving into the city and living with Greg. However, Levie was experiencing anxiety over the same things he was excited about. He was also nervous about not living with Jaycen, his older brother and, his husband, Troy. When he was eight, Levie began splitting his time between living on the ranch with his parents and at Oak Ridge with his brothers. Oak Ridge was the property beside the Stillman Ranch. It was owned; by Stacy and Mark.

His parents were in their mid-forties when Levie was born and, neither one felt they had the energy needed to raise him. The couple was tired of ranch life. They wanted to travel and get a small house in the city. They asked Jaycen and Troy if they'd be willing to love and raise Levie. Mark, and Stacy, also asked the couple to take ownership of the ranch Jaycen and Troy instantly and eagerly agreed to both requests.

The elder Stillman' asked Troy's parents, Lyle and Ev'lynn Moore, to assist with Levie's raising. Without question, the Moore's agreed. They considered the young boy their grandson and were a big part of their three boys' lives.

Two years later, Mark, and Stacy, died in a car accident. They held hands as they took their last breath. Mark and Stacy gave Jaycen and Troy custody of Levie six months before they died.

Levie created the nickname Bropops for his brothers when he was eleven; In his eyes, they were a combination of older brothers and parents. Troy and Jaycen taught him to ride horses, a bicycle, and work on a ranch. The couple also taught Levie how to respectfully and effectively handle firearms, bows, and arrows. Because of their teachings and the help of some of the ranch hands, specifically Bill, the ranch's foreman, Levie excelled at marksmanship, with firearms and archery. All three brothers were in the state's top five gun safety instructors. Levie was known and respected as the youngest and most outspoken advocate for teaching youths about gun safety and respect. Despite his accomplishments and accolades, the lesson Jaycen and Troy taught that meant the most was loving himself; because of their love and guidance, Levie was extremely comfortable in his skin.

Levie was also anxious about leaving his Blue Valentine, Quarter horse, a beautiful stallion with a silvery, grey/blue coat named Triton. The twenty-year-old shared a special bond with his horse. When the redhead was sixteen, a pregnant mare got loose and wandered into the mountains that edged the Stillman ranch. Levie was the one to find her she was dead. The mare had given birth and was attacked; by a mountain lion. The big cat was about to kill the newborn but, Levie shot it just in time. After determining the foal was, at least visibly healthy, Levie claimed ownership of the colt.

The redhead got so lost in his thoughts that Troy was able to sneak up behind him. The mischievous thirty-year-old quickly trapped Levie's ankles in the crook of his arm and strummed his fingernails back and forth across the size nine bare soles. Instantly, the ticklish pair of feet came alive; they squirmed and wriggled in the vice-like grip.

A flood of boyish giggles, and squeals, sprang from Levie's lips as he rolled side to side. The redhead attempted to pull on Troy's arm, so his feet could escape the chokehold and, despite his outward appearance, Levie loved the attention.

"You okay, baby boy?" Troy giggled and released his ticklish boy's feet. The brunet lovingly hugged Levie and kissed his forehead.

Jaycen leaned on the door frame, shook his head, and chuckled as he watched the pair of overgrown kids. The emotional thirty-year-old was doing his best not to break down in tears and, because of their bond, he knew Troy was fighting the same battle.

"Dads, I'm nervous and scared." Tears welled in the young man's eyes and, he wrapped Troy in a vice-like bear hug; Levie had always been extremely affectionate and wasn't afraid to show it. "I love you, Troypop. You two have given me everything I could ever want or need." The young man squeezed harder and clung to Troy; Levie's tears soaked his Bropop's shoulder.

"I do need to breathe, kiddo." Troy gasped not just from the strength of Levie's embrace but also the emotion behind it; He looked up at Jaycen and mouthed, "Dads." The two nodded, proudly smiled, and continued to comfort their boy.

Jaycen sat down beside his husband and kid. "Lev, you know we'll always love and support you, no matter what." Jaycen chuckled when the energetic redhead switched bodies and sat in his lap, cuddling against him; The red head's six-foot-two, solid, muscular body, dwarfed Levie's five-foot-eight toned, muscular frame.

"I don't doubt that I want to be with him, I love him, and I'm pretty sure we're going to be future husbands. I'm nervous about not living here with you and Troypop; I'm already missing Tri, as well."

"You love him that much, huh?" Jaycen asked as he and Troy nuzzled their boy's neck on both sides; They chuckled when their actions caused Levie's squirms and giggles.

"I do, Dads, Greg's amazing; He's warm, intelligent, sincere, caring, and loving." Levie paused and wiped his tears."

"Sweetie, what you're feeling is the same thing everyone else feels when they leave home, there's always some fear and doubt." Troy leaned over and kissed Levie's head.

Jaycen looked at the men who were the most important in his life. "I've got a suggestion; why don't you guys do a trial run?"

"I'm not following, babe."

"Me either, Jaycepop."

"Hear me out, live in Greg's townhouse, for say, one week; Then the two of you, can live here for a week, and see what works best. If you guys decide you like it here better, maybe you boys can move into Oakridge; The current tenants are moving next week." Jaycen's suggestion earned him an exuberant hug and kiss; from both husband and son.

"Dad, that's awesome.

Jaycen and Troy looked at each other, and tears started rolling down their cheeks.

"Dad's, what's wrong?' Levie worked his way between the older men and looked at them with great concern.

"Nothing's wrong, Son; That's the first time you've called us dads."

"Y..you just called me son." Levie was shedding tears of his own. His heart overflowed with love for the two men he called bropops and dads.

"Lev, I know we haven't verbally expressed how we see you." Jaycen paused and tried to continue, but his emotions overtook him, and tears flowed down his cheeks.

Troy continued for Jaycen. "Baby boy, in our eyes, you're our son. We loved you before you were born, Levie Michael, our sweet baby boy."

Levie was speechless, his tears fell, and all he could do was leap into the older men's arms. "Thank you for everything." Levie hugged his brothers/dads with everything in him and kissed their cheeks. "I love you, Dads’”

"We love you too, Baby Boy." Jaycen and Troy smiled and kissed their boy's forehead, then smoothed his hair.

Thanks for reading. Please, rate, and comment.
Copyright © 2022 Ajbt2001; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 6
  • Love 11
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

7 hours ago, VBlew said:

I like this new way of introducing the characters.  Is this going to be an entire rewrite of the story?  The original was very emotional, with lots of plot twists.

I'm trying to work that out. I might use some of the same antagonists, with slightly altered or different situations for the boys, and family to face. 

  • Love 5
Link to comment

Definitely the same characters and setting, but much better written and easier to follow.  I really like this new style that shows more skill and control as a writer. I did like your plot, and miss a few scenes from the beginning, however.  This is a great first chapter of the rewrite!  

  • Love 3
Link to comment

This is a extent beginning to this story! Well written and with great dialogue we will have to see where this may lead! 

  • Love 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..