Jump to content

What Else Is There?

There are currently no reviews.
Sub-genres: Drama, Coming of Age, Cultural
What Else-Front Page.jpg

Being the oldest and growing up in a large family can be hard, especially when you are gay and the family is extremely homophobic. You are constantly being compared to your deceased father. A man whose stature and deeds are always increasing, as time goes by, and are held up as your goals. Anytime you reach those goals, your mother moves the goalpost further away.

You never seem to measure up. You are always being told that you are worthless and will never amount to anything since you cannot measure up to your father. It never mattered that you were a straight "A" student and that you were an athlete.

Copyright © 2021-2022 by Al Norris. All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (11 members)

  • Action Packed 8
  • Addictive/Pacing 8
  • Characters 11
  • Chills 5
  • Cliffhanger 3
  • Compelling 10
  • Feel-Good 3
  • Humor 3
  • Smoldering 4
  • Tearjerker 8
  • Unique 7
  • World Building 5


Sorry, this story has been rated as Mature for Members only.  Please log into your account to read.

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

So far this is coming across as really polished writing.

I am hoping that story in spite of its restricted status, is not going to end up too much of a tearjerker as I can see a few of us here, easily becoming emotionally invested in it.

  • Like 2
  • Love 2
Link to comment
6 minutes ago, drpaladin said:

Thanks for posting this here, Al!

Enough of you encouraged me to start posting here, and I finally did it!

10 hours ago, totally avid reader said:

So far this is coming across as really polished writing.

I am hoping that story in spite of its restricted status, is not going to end up too much of a tearjerker as I can see a few of us here, easily becoming emotionally invested in it.

I don't know how 'polished' my writing is, but I hope you enjoy the roller coaster ride that is Peter's life in his new home and school.

I restricted access to members only mostly because of the single sex scene and the multiple fight scenes. As for this being a 'tearjerker,' I suppose that will be up to you, the reader!

  • Like 3
  • Love 2
Link to comment

You know I've bought into a story when I reply in haiku. ブリリアント

Your protagonist must have read the Book of the Five Rings.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..