Jump to content
    Amikawrite
  • Author
  • 1,041 Words
  • 3,858 Views
  • 5 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Dorm Norm - 1. Chapter 1: Hi there!

This is my first work here. Please tell me what you think about it.

This is an original story which I am writing. Any accidental resemblance to any person dead/alive or fictional is regreted.

Chapter 1

“Samuel Williams,” Daniel read on the roommate listing.

Daniel Smith was a model student. He had gotten into Sharon Institution with his straight As at school coupled with letters of recommendation from each of his teachers.

Being had been a scholarship student at one of the most prestigious private schools in the country Daniel had always concentrated on his studies and thus never really been part of a friends circle as such. He was the guy who became everyone’s friend on the morning of the day when homework was due and then became a nobody as soon as the homework had been submitted. He had never had a girlfriend, no taste of romantic love, and he never had the inclination to involve himself in such affairs.

He entered the room to see the faces of football stars and rockstars adorning its walls.

“So Samuel is another one of those guys,” Daniel dismissed, and without further ado he got to unpacking his things and cleaning up the evident mess his roommate had made.

It took him about three hours to get the room clean and then get his things sorted out. There was still an hour left before dinner would be served so he thought he would take some rest.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………...………...……………………...…………………

Daniel felt strong arms around him and a warm body pressed to his back. As he turned around he saw there was a half naked man beside him, hugging him. Instinctively he pushed the man away and the man fell to the ground.

The man was Samuel William, Daniel’s roommate.

“Who are you?” Daniel asked.

“Ouch! Who the hell are you? You’re the one who is the stranger, sleeping on my bed,” Samuel said as he pulled himself off the ground.

“This is my room,” Daniel said.

“Wait, are you Dan?” Samuel asked.

“I’m Daniel Smith. Now will you tell me who you are?”

“No need to freak out dude, I’m Sam. We’re roomies.”

“Okay. But why are you without your shirt? And why were you hugging me just now?”

“It’s so hot man. How come you still have your shirt on?”

“And hugging?” Daniel asked warily.

“I thought some dude was playing a prank on me so I thought I would prank him back,” Sam said sticking his tongue out, “but you’re quite comfy you know like a pillow so I fell asleep I guess.”

“Oh! Anyways I think it will be better if we lay down some ground rules. I do not like smoking of any sort or any kind of alcohol so I request that you to please not smoke or consume alcohol inside this room. I go to sleep at 9pm so I would prefer it if you could keep the sound down after that time. Also I would really appreciate it if I’m not used as a human pillow from now on,” Daniel declared.

“Man! What are so many rules for?”

“For the purpose of ensuring amicability amongst as roommates,” Daniel said. “It’s 7.58pm. Dinner will be served soon. Do come down when you’ve clothes on,” he said as he walked out of the room.

‘Amicability…funny guy,’ Sam thought as he slipped on a t-shirt and made his way to the mess.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………......…………............……...…...…...……..

Daniel made his way to the mess, got his food and sat down in an empty corner table.

In a few moments the table was occupied by two more guys. The first among them was a cheerful guy with a big smile on his face while the second had an expression which suggested that he hated everything around him. The first guy had seemingly dragged the other one to the table.

“Hi I’m Mark,” said the first guy, “and this is my friend Michael.”

“We’re not friends,” the other guy announced.

“Well of course we are, there is no need to be shy,” Mark said.

Michael said nothing but simply glared at Mark for awhile and then got back to having his dinner.

“What is your name?” Mark asked.

Quite startled at first by the sudden inflow of new people Daniel replied after a while, “I’m Daniel.”

“Which room are you staying in?” Mark enquired.

“Room no. 43,” Daniel answered.

“Oh? We’re neighbours then. Michael and I are in room no.44. We are gonna be right beside each other all the time,” Mark informed.

Before Daniel had a chance to answer, Sam was sitting beside him.

“Sam!” Mark exclaimed.

“Hey dude! Watcha doing here? Followed me down here too?” Sam replied.

“Ya sure man,” Mark said sticking out his tongue.

“Sam and I have been friends since childhood,” Mark explained, although neither Daniel nor Michael had asked anything.

“Sam this is my new friend Michael!” Mark introduced.

Michael gave a brief nod and repeated himself. “We’re not friends.”

“Sam meet Daniel. He is living in the room next to Michael and mine,” Mark said.

“I know him. I’m his roommate,” Sam said.

Mark continued to chat while the others ate their dinner in comparative silence.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

“Your friend is very lively,” Daniel said as he and Sam made their way back to the room.

“He sure is,” Sam replied.

Back in their room Sam climbed up to the higher bed while Daniel settled down in the lower one. Sam took off his t-shirt and tossed it to the ground. Daniel immediately got up, picked up the t-shirt and started folding it.

“Dude leave it over there. You don’t need to bother about it,” Sam said.

“Oh but I do. I don’t like any sort of untidiness and you on the other hand seem to be very used to being irresponsible. Things will have to change a lot I feel,” Daniel declared.

He folded the shirt and placed it beside Sam’s suitcase. He switched off the lights and went back to bed.

‘Well I’m not used to changes and the only changes that occur around me are in the lives of others, and too controlled by my will. So I look forward to seeing what changes come about in our lives from now on,’ Sam thought as he dozed off.

Please tell me what you think in your reviews!!!
Copyright © 2016 Amikawrite; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 9
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

This Daniel kid is a pisser. He can't be serious! He's in college now. He's a big boy now; there's no way he's going to bed at 9pm. I laughed my ass off when I read that! And to demand from his new roommate that he doesn't want any cigarettes, (ok, I definitely agree with that one), weed, or booze in the room may be going a bit too far. This is college. All kids do this shit.

 

I do like Sam and Mark though. Oh, maybe Daniel can switch rooms with Mark and room with Michael. They may get along better than Daniel and Sam and Mark and Michael. Just sayin'...

 

Anyway, good first chapter. I'm looking foward to reading the next update. :)

Link to comment

I agree with Lisa. Daniel needs to lighten up a little. He is in college and more or less an adult, so act like one for pete's sake. Something tells me that Sam will loosen him up a bit tho. lol

Love the beginning with Sam crawling in bed with Daniel. Funny as hell, and I can so see that happening in a guys dorm.

Great start, and can't wait for an updayt. Good job!

Link to comment
On 02/11/2013 03:14 AM, joann414 said:
I agree with Lisa. Daniel needs to lighten up a little. He is in college and more or less an adult, so act like one for pete's sake. Something tells me that Sam will loosen him up a bit tho. lol

Love the beginning with Sam crawling in bed with Daniel. Funny as hell, and I can so see that happening in a guys dorm.

Great start, and can't wait for an updayt. Good job!

Thank you so much!
Link to comment
On 02/10/2013 05:44 PM, Lisa said:
This Daniel kid is a pisser. He can't be serious! He's in college now. He's a big boy now; there's no way he's going to bed at 9pm. I laughed my ass off when I read that! And to demand from his new roommate that he doesn't want any cigarettes, (ok, I definitely agree with that one), weed, or booze in the room may be going a bit too far. This is college. All kids do this shit.

 

I do like Sam and Mark though. Oh, maybe Daniel can switch rooms with Mark and room with Michael. They may get along better than Daniel and Sam and Mark and Michael. Just sayin'...

 

Anyway, good first chapter. I'm looking foward to reading the next update. :)

Thanks a lot!
Link to comment

These guys remind me of an old sitcom 'The Odd Couple', -Felix and Oscar. Both

were fun, but there was a basic difference between them that was unchangeable:

one was a slob, and the other a compulsive neat freak. That difference between

them was an integral component to the humor in the series.

 

I can see this story taking things well beyond all that, but seriously, 9pm bedtime

and no booze -in a modern college dorm? Daniel will neeed to get over that, or move.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..