Jump to content
    Andr0gene
  • Author
  • 987 Words
  • 597 Views
  • 3 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Confounded: Part III - 15. Interlude

--==Tom’s POV==--

I hadn’t lied, when I said we didn’t have to do anything. We didn’t. All I wanted was to not say goodbye and somehow maybe break this great spell we seemed to be under. Because I was honest when I said I’d never had it this easy with someone else.

With Barry, who had to be about the easiest guy on the planet, it’d been different. There’s such a thing as too easy, and Barry? He was so easy, it became difficult again. Weird huh? No planning, no real deep conversations with him, just a 24/7 fun ride that never stopped. An hour after we met, we were in bed, boinking the paint off the wall, and come to think of it, we never really had deep conversations. Sure there’d be the odd moments at times, but we never really learned to get to know one another.

Then, the inverse, there was Alex. Not as easy, lots of planning, many deep conversations while going through the motions of dating, meeting family and friends. We didn’t have sex until we were two or three months into that relationship, but when we did; fireworks.
No matter what happened later on, I was madly in love with him, right up to the end.

And now Mitch. As soon as the door closed behind him, my thoughts were invaded by him and my heart went thumpity thump. It would be so friggin’ easy to fall for him because he was easy to talk to, easy to be around and most of all; I was completely at ease with him. One hundred percent myself.

See? Easy.

The more I got to know the man, and especially his mind, the more awesome he became.

I whistled while putting the glasses in the dishwasher, then I went over to Silver’s room, checking her food, water and the litter box.

“Hey sweetie,” I spoke to her, as she curled around my legs, “now you be on your best behavior tonight, mmk? No making a racket. No cryin’, mmk? I’m gonna close the door so you can’t come up to check on me; you’ll scare him shitless, when you jump on the bed. And knowing you, you’ll jump Long John Silver right in the nuts. Ahuh, you will, won’t you? But Daddy needs them nuts intact. Daddy got plans for em. Ahuh, yep, same as you and Mr. Jeeves did, last year. You wouldn’t like me jumping on his nuts, would ya? I thought not.”

I gave her a cuddle. Unfortunately, she didn’t have any kittens that time. Maybe this year.
“Be good. Yeah, I know you always are, but be extra good tonight. There’s a treat in it for you. Oh, sure…now I got your attention, huh? Okay, fine; you can have three.”

Closing the door on her, I stood still, listening for a few seconds to see if she was gonna try and follow me, ie; try and break down the door. All remained quiet. Good girl!

Then, going on my tippy toes, sneaking away and hoping she wouldn’t hear, I got to the downstairs bathroom, closing the door behind me and began to snigger. That’d been kind of a weird convo to have with a cat.

I sometimes have these moments. Yeah, okay, I have em a lot, actually. I tell her all sorts of weird shit, because there’s no one to have a convo with and then a few minutes later, realize what I’ve said. Sometimes it’s something silly like this, but there’d been times that I was stuck in some conundrum, with a lyric or even a person, and found that talking to her actually helped me through it. It’s kinda cute, I think, but if someone was looking in, he’d be tapping his forehead going; you’re nuts. Well fine, lemme be nuts then. It works for me, so buzz off!

Undressing, I did a quick check of myself. I freshened up a bit, reapplied some deodorant, clean undies, that sort of thing. The t-shirt and sweatpants were fine so I could put those back on, just to maintain the equal footing; it wouldn’t do, walking in there in my undies and him still fully dressed, hehe. Leave some for the imagination, right?

Then my eye fell on the cabinet below the sink and thought about it for a few seconds; should I? Oh fuck it, might as well. I could get lucky tonight! Never hurts to be prepared. Even if I didn’t expect anything to happen, a guy can hope. Okay, to be very honest, I did hope for more than just a cuddle. Fine, I admit it. Oh come on; it’s been over half a year since someone sorted out my plumbing, so to speak. Can ya blame me? Huh?The toys work but they are definitely no substitute for the real thing!

I wondered what he would think of the toys? Would he be open to that? Disgusted? I might put out some feelers.

Somehow, I didn’t think he would be disgusted. More of a feeling than anything else. As I’d said on the phone, I didn’t think him to be a prude and he’d said he wasn’t.

About ten minutes later, I peeked around the door, finding downstairs completely dark. Awesome, so Mitch was upstairs already. That meant me and my squeaky clean ass could go up there and come in, pretending it was all good and fine. I might even get a peep at Long John Silver in his undies, yumyum!

I chuckled to myself as I went up, and at the name that got stuck in my head for him. I dunno where that came from, but it stuck as soon as I’d spoken it out loud to Silver. Entering the bedroom, a quick check told me he wasn’t in the bathroom. So that meant he was in the Vault.

*******© andr0gene 2005-present*******
  • Like 3
  • Love 9
  • Haha 2
Thank you for reading. Leave a note if you can/wish and if you see anything wrong, a typo or a glaring error, do let me know!
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Story Discussion Topic

  1. Stories Discussion Forum

    This is the place to talk about stories from anyone but our Signature, Classic or Promising Authors. They have their own forum for that.
    No solicitation or commercial postings without prior approval.

    36.7k
    posts
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Long John Silver ....... I love it!  And you're not the only one that talks to your cat, as long as I don't hear human responses back in my head I'm not worried.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment

Silver has been added as a story cover! I suddenly saw an opportunity to upload her! Enjoy! She's as happy to be here as she is a total B****! 😂🤣😂

Edited by Andr0gene
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..