Jump to content
    Andr0gene
  • Author
  • 484 Words
  • 708 Views
  • 5 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Confounded: Part III - 12. Interlude

--==Tom’s POV==--

The man was a basket case in terms of taking care of himself foodwise. Ugh! As soon as I spotted those frozen meals, I knew I had my work cut out for me. Cry as much you want Mister, but no one in my orbit eats frozen meals! Ever!

Dragging him back to where those came from, then hearing that soft whimper as I closed the door on ‘em, I grinned to myself. He would learn. No one is too old to learn how to cook, not even you, Gilmore.

And those friends of his; some friends. Pffft! Didn’t they see he was slowly wasting away? They had eyes, didn’t they? Even that Cindy woman, whose cart had been filled with fresh stuff, should’ve known better. Hadn’t she noticed him losing weight? A man like Mitch? Come on! They clearly knew each other; she was tactile enough to kiss him. Why didn't she notice a man flailing on his own? You don’t help? You don’t offer? Get on your broom and back to your coven then.

Alright, alright, maybe she did offer a meal a few times; who am I to judge. He probably sent her packing, because that’s what his kind of male does; I’m fine, no need to fuss, no need to take care of me, I can do it on my own. No you can’t! Ass!

Ass!

I snickered at the coven joke, though; his remark was funny. Hilarious, really. His worrying about what they would think? Who cares! Spend your life worrying what others think, you forget yourself. Clearly he needed help. This man did not need to have those hollow cheeks. He needed protein; way more than I could supply, hehe. Well, gimme time. Wink. But seriously; vitamins. Iron. B12. Crap he definitely won’t get for himself. I bet he was underweight, by now. I wondered how underweight he was. Quite a bit, I’d imagine. The man I remembered him being had been far more buff.

The woman at the butcher actually knew her business; she pointed out some stuff where I was wrong, which is always a good thing; I like people who are knowledgeable in their field of expertise. Accepting her tips, he got several pounds of meat that were ready to go in the freezer. Never go without meat.

Produce aisle; Oh Mitch, you’ve never seen a whole carrot? Leeks? Dude, where have you been? Yes, you may have green beans. Take more. No, not the canned crap, fresh!

He snuck in candy. Nope, out! You still have your own teeth, nice ones; keep em. Out with the candy. Cheese sticks? Mmk, those you may have. Once a week, so only one box. Nuh-uh, not that second box.

I snuck away multiple items that he dropped in the cart when he thought I wasn’t watching. Sneaky bastard.

Basket case. Seriously!

*******© andr0gene 2005-present*******
  • Like 6
  • Love 7
  • Haha 6
Thank you for reading. Leave a note if you can/wish and if you see anything wrong, a typo or a glaring error, do let me know!
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Story Discussion Topic

  1. Stories Discussion Forum

    This is the place to talk about stories from anyone but our Signature, Classic or Promising Authors. They have their own forum for that.
    No solicitation or commercial postings without prior approval.

    36.7k
    posts
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Hmm after the last couple or three chapters…. I don’t know how you did it but I think I really like Tom almost as much as Taylan.

  • Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

I identify with Tom in the last couple of chapters.  I am a foodie but not an oenophile.  I haven't had a processed frozen meal (frozen pizza does not count) in a couple decades.  Fresh food tastes better, and it's not that hard.  However, grocery store wine.....hell yes! 

  • Love 1
Link to comment
47 minutes ago, quttzik said:

Hmm after the last couple or three chapters…. I don’t know how you did it but I think I really like Tom almost as much as Taylan.

Aww, thank you. You'll like him even more, soon enough. 😄

20 minutes ago, CincyKris said:

I identify with Tom in the last couple of chapters.  I am a foodie but not an oenophile.  I haven't had a processed frozen meal (frozen pizza does not count) in a couple decades.  Fresh food tastes better, and it's not that hard.  However, grocery store wine.....hell yes! 

Hon...no. Grocery store wine = NO! I'm totally with Mitchell on this. Fine wine or go home. 😄

Edited by Andr0gene
  • Haha 2
Link to comment

I love that Tom is already taking care of Mitch before he really starts to “take care of Mitch“. 😉

As a foodie, oenophile, and amateur chef, I am with Tom’s nutritional intervention - if not his wine choices. 🥴

 

Edited by tesao
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
12 hours ago, Andr0gene said:

Aww, thank you. You'll like him even more, soon enough. 😄

Hon...no. Grocery store wine = NO! I'm totally with Mitchell on this. Fine wine or go home. 😄

To be fair, I'm more of a beer and bourbon person.  If the only thing on tap is cheap mass marketed beer, I'll just pass.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..