Jump to content
    Andr0gene
  • Author
  • 472 Words
  • 769 Views
  • 10 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Confounded: Part III - 7. Interlude

--==Tom’s POV==--

Alright, so maybe not fuck you, Kit. Maybe not.

When Mitch asked me for a second date, I almost pissed myself. So he was interested. Oh man, that felt pretty good, when he asked that. Hell yes! I even heard him holding his breath; waiting for me to answer with that cool ‘I'd love to’. I was proud of that, sounding so calm while inside, my heart skipped a beat.

First he’d surprised me by taking my ciggy and smoking it with me. Those fuckin’ bastards! Taylan and Kit had both scared me way back when by using him as an excuse not to smoke. And then he asked that.

I felt pretty good, sitting there in the back of the Uber, checking my messages. There were a slew of em from Kit, all after I’d sent that picture and I called it up again, to look at it. Yeah, he looked awesome in that pic. Fully throated laughter, just bursting from the screen. I blew up the picture to fill my screen. Damn good one. He had no idea how damn cute he was. I’d be looking at this pic for a long while, I already knew that. Words were shuffling in my head already; I might write a song tonight. Ha! I chuckled. I’d have to name it Silver. Ooh, that was an awesome title!
After jotting down a few key words, I opened the chat app.

Reading Kit’s messages had me snickering; his agitation increased with each line, demanding updates on how the evening was progressing. Were we angry with him? No, but he didn’t need to know that. He was a dick, setting us up like this. But a good dick. Alright, I loved him for it. He was still online, the app showed, so I shot him a line, saying we’d enjoyed ourselves and I was now on my way home. He sent a sweating emoji, indicating he’d been worried, then a laughing one and saying he was glad we enjoyed ourselves. He then asked if I thought his dad was angry with him because he hadn’t responded to him and for a second, I opted to let him worry. Ah, that’d be too cruel. Even for me. Well…

Alright, it was several long seconds that I let him stew. Over a minute.

I grinned when I finally typed my response. Nah, his dad was cool. We had a great meal, good convo and enjoyed ourselves. His dad wasn’t mad. He sent back a whole row of thumbs-up emojis. Another message was incoming. It took a long time in coming. I imagined him typing, deleting, typing some more, deleting that…

[Are you gonna see him again?]

Yes I was. But I was not telling him that.

I sent back a shrugging emoji.

*******© andr0gene 2005-present*******
  • Like 8
  • Love 8
  • Haha 6
Thank you for reading. Leave a note if you can/wish and if you see anything wrong, a typo or a glaring error, do let me know!
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Story Discussion Topic

  1. Stories Discussion Forum

    This is the place to talk about stories from anyone but our Signature, Classic or Promising Authors. They have their own forum for that.
    No solicitation or commercial postings without prior approval.

    36.7k
    posts
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

2 hours ago, Mattyboy said:

Hehe : " He was a dick . . . But a good dick."

I was conflicted about that line, but kept it in. None of the editors raised an issue about it, though. I did like the line, even if it's skirting the edge of 'is he still thinking of Kit in that way or...'. He isn't, btw. 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

It's hilarious.

It's standard English usage that a dick is an over aggressive person that doesn't care about other people's feelings. But a  good dick is a good,  honest guy.   And it works out to a clever entendre when used by a gay man who likes dick. 

Maybe someone's used it before, but feels fresh, without  the feeling too "literary-device-y"

Edited by Mattyboy
  • Love 2
Link to comment

hehe.   Just thinking about explaining this in an ESL class

If you say,  "he's a good dick,"  it totally implies that you like him.   But "I like a good dick"  means something else entirely. 

 

Edited by Mattyboy
  • Haha 2
Link to comment

All caught up & totally engaged, was actually looking for more, lol.

 Looking forward to the progression of this relationship and Kit’s, Mitchell’s & Tomas’ reactions….there’s no moving forward without remembering the one who was there and is no longer; if we took what he did with Tomas at Sandro’s grave as an indicator, our Taylan would resoundingly endorse his husband moving on…. I just don’t know how he’d feel about his husband moving on with his nephew.

There is more gravitas to Mitch as well, guess that comes from the grief.

Nicely done, @Andr0gene. 🎁

  • Love 2
Link to comment
7 minutes ago, FanLit said:

All caught up & totally engaged, was actually looking for more, lol.

 Looking forward to the progression of this relationship and Kit’s, Mitchell’s & Tomas’ reactions….there’s no moving forward without remembering the one who was there and is no longer; if we took what he did with Tomas at Sandro’s grave as an indicator, our Taylan would resoundingly endorse his husband moving on…. I just don’t know how he’d feel about his husband moving on with his nephew.

There is more gravitas to Mitch as well, guess that comes from the grief.

Nicely done, @Andr0gene. 🎁

🙏

 

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..