Jump to content
    Yeoldebard
  • Author
  • 4,148 Words
  • 704 Views
  • 4 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Primal Park - 4. The Last Hunt

It was a galactically accepted fact that all Egaro were horny. Every interaction with the feline species was coloured by this.

Believing that fact had nearly cost Seira Giin the best years of his life.

The greying Faro approached the office slowly, enjoying the breeze that had sped his final journey to Primal Park. He had plenty of time; a large sum of credits had changed accounts, ensuring he had access to the park for an entire week.

Reaching up to open the door, Seira’s pointed ears turned at a soft chime. He pushed inside, frowning at the white Egaro sitting behind the mahogany counter.

“Where’s Catriona?” he asked, stepping on a stool so he could see over the counter edge.

His fluffed-up tail swayed behind him, a strand of fur drifting from it. He’d been shedding a lot more lately, and the Faro didn’t think it was just the summer weather blowing his coat out.

“Who?” the Egaro asked, staring down at the Faro. “I was expecting someone… younger. Are you Seira Giin?”

“Yes, I am.”

“Catriona retired years ago, not long after the Eruption,” someone said from a door to Seira’s left.

Seira turned his head, taking in an overly muscled Egaro wearing a tight shirt that seemed designed to emphasise her breasts, however small they were. Her black fur was tinged with grey hairs, and an authoritative aura emanated from her.

“It must have been twenty years since she left,” the Egaro continued, before holding out her hand. “Hi, I’m Diana. It’s a pleasure to have you visit us again.”

Seira shook her hand a little uncomfortably. It had been a while since he’d been on Egara, and the customs always seemed to change every time he visited. The Faro was just glad they left the whole kissing phase; he had offended several Egaro by pushing them away in those years.

“Rhys, I think we should get Seira signed in so we can discuss his package,” Diana continued with a smile at the other Egaro.

“Of course,” Rhys said quickly, tapping over a holographic keyboard. “You have Aléxios as your hunter?”

Seira stiffened slightly at the name, closing his eyes as a wave of memories washed over him. Letting the bittersweet feeling pass, the Faro took a deep breath.

“I’m not sure about the hunter, but it should be a week-long package, with three hunts and one pleasure detail using toys,” he said. “My bonded and I discovered that I could use them without my allergies kicking in.”

Diana glanced at the screen behind Rhys.

“Yeah, that’s Alexis. He’s the best we have with toys, and he’s worked with a Faro before.” She stepped out from behind the counter. “If you’ll follow me, we’ll get the two of you acquainted before your hunt.”

Seira nodded, following the Egaro into a side room to await his hunter. Things were vastly different from the last time the Faro had visited the island with his bonded, and he couldn’t help the wave of sorrow that washed over him as he remembered their final visit.

 

The hunter stalked through the plains, trying to keep the grass from rustling with every step. A hundred years old, he was a Faro in his prime, ready to snatch his bonded from the wilds.

A bag on his back contained everything they’d need for the traditional picnic after the capture, stuffed with rags to cut down on the rustling of utensils. His quarry held the rest of the picnic, the food and the drinks. And he was hiding somewhere in the several miles of grassland, waiting to be hunted down.

After years of practice, nearly six decades of wandering this island in search of his prey, Seira had a pretty good idea of his bonded’s favourite hiding spots. But he wanted to give his mate a chance. This was going to be their last visit to the island, and Seira wasn’t going to waste it by catching him too soon.

He could already smell the Egaro, that sweet minty scent he always washed with, with just a hint of strawberry. Scurrying toward a nearby boulder, the melanistic Faro crawled over the warm rock, staying low as he peeked out across the plains.

The tall grass blew in a light breeze, whispering secrets Seira didn’t know how to interpret. He could smell the dinner cooking in the office near the volcano, disrupting his grasp on his bonded’s scent. It didn’t matter though. Seira had the direction.

Jumping off the rock, he scurried through the dry grass, his orange and black fur providing no camouflage for the hunter. His height kept him concealed in the grass that would be waist high for most species, and for his purposes, it was all he needed.

A sudden beep pulled him up short. Lifting his wrist, Seira pressed a button, frowning as his mate appeared in a hologram before him.

“Seira, where are you? I’ve got the picnic set up by the spring for us,” the silver Egaro said.

“Are you okay, Aléxios? We haven’t finished our hunt yet,” Seira said, continuing in the direction of the hot spring.

Aléxios’s brow furrowed in confusion, age lines deepening.

“What do you mean? I thought we finished a while ago, but there aren’t any forks with the food. Didn’t you go back to the office for them?”

The Faro picked up his pace, jogging through the grass, while trying not to let his concern show through.

“Hold on, Aléxios. I’ll be there in a couple minutes. Don’t go anywhere, okay?”

Gone was any desire for stealth, replaced by a need to reach his bonded as soon as he could. Seira didn’t activate his tracking bangle—he knew where they were, and the Faro was confident he could get Aléxios back to the office. Pushing through the grass, Seira veered east, letting out a relieved breath as wisps of steam appeared in the air.

The grass finally died out, flat rocks taking its place around the crystalline waters of the spring. Aléxios was spread out near the low brick wall that protected visitors from the spring, a blanket set up with all their food on it. He got up slowly as Seira emerged, and the Faro slowed as he approached the old Egaro.

Wrapping his arms around Aléxios’s waist, Seira held onto him tightly.

“Well… this wasn’t how I imagined our last hunt going.” He chuckled quietly, patting the Egaro’s lower back. “But hey, the day’s still nice, the spring is warm, and I have forks.”

He pulled away and began setting plates and utensils out on the blanket Aléxios had placed. Pausing with a frown, Seira began moving everything closer to a bench.

“Here, why don’t you sit down,” he said, helping Aléxios onto the bench. “We’ll eat up here today.”

“Thanks.” Aléxios smiled, slowly resting back against the wall separating them from the spring. “I… messed up the hunt… We never finished it, did we?”

“No,” Seira admitted. “But it’s okay. The important part is getting away from the ship and spending time with each other, outside of mapping asteroids.” He crawled into Aléxios’s lap, wrapping a comforting arm around the Egaro. “In fact, I think it’s time we retire from the fleet. Maybe open that interstellar cafe like you want. I can spend all day spoiling you like you deserve.”

“It’s a little early for you to retire, isn’t it?” Aléxios pointed out. “We can wait a bit longer for that. We still have time.”

 

The spring was gone.

Seira was certain he was in the right place—the remnants of the brick wall were still poking up from the dark igneous rock, small, sharp bumps that marred the smooth surface of the old lava flow. But there was no sign of the crystalline waters that he and Aléxios had spent so many hours watching together.

A heavy orange hand settled on his shoulder, and the Faro glanced up at his hunter.

“Deep in thought, huh?” Alexis smiled down at him. “There’s still time to run. I’ll even give you a five second head start.”

“I’m not really in the mood today.” Seira shrugged. “I’m sorry. I meant to hide for you, but I got distracted.”

He could feel the Egaro’s confusion—who came to Primal Park to just walk around? But Alexis shrugged it off a moment later, a friendly smile plastered on his face.

“We won’t count this as one of your hunts then,” he said. “It was alarmingly easy to track you down.”

Seira snorted, looking around them. For nearly a hundred metres in any direction, bare rock offered no hiding spots.

“It’s almost like I came here to be alone with my thoughts, not to hide,” he pointed out.

“Oh, my mistake.” Alexis shrugged. “It’s rather dumb of me to assume someone who came to a resort dedicated to primal sex might actually want to be hunted down.”

“Hey, you watch your tone, young—”

Seira stopped, his ears pinned back. Alexis chuckled, shaking his head.

“I’m twenty years old. Not young at all. You’re just ancient. Come to think of it, what brings a Faro out to Primal Park in the first place, let alone a Faro well over a hundred years old? Shouldn’t you be at home playing with your kits?”

“My kit is the reason I’m out here. He wanted to take his bonded to Egara, so here we are.” Seira shrugged. “They’re enjoying the spa at Eiriniká Katoikídia, and I’m revisiting old haunts.”

“Implying you’ve been here more than once.”

“Probably about sixty times,” Seira provided, turning away from the missing spring. “My bonded and I would visit every year, until he got too old for the hunt.”

“Only one kit though. I’m surprised. Usually Faro couples have litters, don’t they?”

“Yeah,” Seira muttered, walking along the buried wall.

 

Aléxios laid across Seira’s lap, cool air blowing steadily over them. The Egaro let out a long sigh, and Seira ran a hand through his fur, picking the greying hairs from the blue. Icy water sat beside them, the remnants of a small lunch waiting to be removed

“It’s not the end of the world,” the Faro said in a soothing voice, trying to cover up his own broken heart. “There are ways for us to do it—”

“But not with me,” Aléxios muttered. “I thought the hunt would help, but there’s no bandaging this. We both wanted cubs.”

“And instead, we’ll have kits some day. Seeker Aegle said we could use one of those Cervidae incubator synths, and plenty of other Faro have donated eggs for this reason.”

“It won’t be the same.”

“So you’re just going to give up?” Seira frowned. “Aléxios, that’s not you. You’ve never given up before.”

“What do you want from me, Seira? I’m aegosexual, I’m impotent, I’m everything Egaro are not!”

“You are my bonded. And no one else in the entire galaxy can lay claim to me in that way. I love you, and whether we have kits or not, that will not change. I want us to work together, like we always have.”

Aléxios let out a quiet chuff, pressing his head into Seira’s lap. The vibrations sent a thrill through Seira, but he ignored them, focusing entirely on the Egaro.

“How do you always know what to say to make me feel better?”

“I don’t know, it might have something to do with being bonded to you for twenty years.” Seira smirked. “Aléxios, I don’t care if you won’t penetrate me. I can get over the fact that I’ll never carry cubs. What I care about is making you feel loved, cherished. You are my life.”

Aléxios smiled up at the Faro. A hand pulled Seira down, and their lips met, a tender kiss passing between them.

“I have to say, winning that game was the best day of my life,” Aléxios murmured, pulling Seira down so they could cuddle.

 

Salty waves crashed against the cliff to the west of the island. Seira dangled his legs off the edge, gazing out over the dark sea. The sun sank slowly over the horizon, spreading rich gold and pink skies around purple clouds. It was always Seira’s favourite time of day on any planet, an opportunity to relax and consider the events of the day.

To his amazement, he found he missed the hugs from Edarthei. The synth was an incubator, but more than that, built in the Cervidae fashion, it had become a surrogate member of his clan, especially after his kit had been born. For nearly forty years, he had grumbled about Edarthei taking up space, about its purpose being fulfilled, but Seira knew he would never get rid of the synth. He needed the comfort without his bonded by his side, and Narein certainly would never forgive him if he deactivated Edarthei.

It had been nearly two months since they’d left the synth on Uisge. In that time, Seira had settled into a lonely solitude, giving Narein and Skye plenty of time to be together. It was a painful reminder of the years after Aléxios’s death, especially the years before he was brave enough to actually try the incubator. That pain had only reinforced his decision to visit Primal Island one last time.

His wrist vibrated suddenly, the bangle around it flashing a quick pattern. Seira pressed a button with a small smile, getting up from his seat as a holographic Faro appeared on his wrist.

“Geia Segal!” Narein grinned at him.

“Hi Narein.” Seira smiled back, heading away from the thunder of the ocean waves. “How are you and Skye doing?”

Out of the corner of his eye, he could see Alexis tailing him, making sure he stayed safe, even if they weren’t officially on a hunt. A sudden image of the Egaro holding him ran through his mind, Alexis’s orange fur shifting into Aléxios’s blue fur.

Blinking away the tears that threatened to form in his eyes, Seira focused on his kit again, listening to Narein describe his day. Yet the image of Aléxios stayed with him, the echo of the waves pounding in his ears.

 

The Faro flew through the air, whooping with joy. He slammed into an oncoming wave, speeding back toward Aléxios. His bonded scooped him up as the wave broke around his waist, and Seira was tossed into the waves again.

Climbing back up Aléxios’ nude body a few moments later, Seira shook his head, spraying salty water over the young Egaro. A large hand settled atop his scalp, stopping him from shaking, and Aléxios’s lips pressed into his.

“And no one knows about this cove?” Seira panted as he pulled away.

“No one.” Aléxios grinned, wading slowly out of the ocean. “I found it probably ten years ago and made sure to keep the trail unmarked. Though if I’m going to leave to travel the galaxy with you, I should probably let someone know it exists. I wouldn’t want someone to fall off the path down the cliffside.”

“I certainly hope you’re going to travel with me.” Seira rested against Aléxios as he was carried from the water. “I never really liked the idea of you working here while bonded to me.” He frowned. “Well… bonded in name at least.”

“Are you asking me for sex?” Aléxios smirked.

“What? No, no, I’m not,” Seira said quickly. “I’m just pointing out that we’ve been together for a year now, and you still haven’t bred me. That’s not asking for it, just stating a fact. And trying to figure out how an Egaro didn’t mount me the second he caught me.”

“Well it sounds an awful lot like asking,” Aléxios teased. “Which would be a shame because I brought us here for a reason. You’ve been such a good little Faro, I was thinking about sucking you off.”

Seira dropped to the ground, landing on wobbly legs. He looked up at his bonded, his confusion clear for Aléxios to see.

“And yes, I know I told you sex would be rare, but the thought of groping those cute mounds of yours while you moan over my head… I think it would be hot enough to get over the taste,” Aléxios continued.

“I’m clean down there—”

“No, not… I mean your cum. It always reminds me of salt covered snot.” The Egaro shuddered. “Not your cum specifically, obviously. But just in general.” He scratched lightly behind one of Seira’s ears. “But I’m in a mood right now, and I think we should take advantage of it. Like how I always hump you when I’m in heat.”

“I’m up for it… though I have no idea what you’re expecting,” Seira pointed out. “It’s the first time you’ve really touched me.”

“Then I’ll try to make it extra special,” Aléxios promised.

 

“I know who you are.”

Seira nearly yelped at the words. Tightening the fluffy robe around his body, he glared up at the Egaro sitting on his bed. The steam from his shower dissipated in the cool air of the bedroom, leaving a slightly damp Faro to cross the room with a shiver. He grabbed his clothes, ducking behind a folding screen to dress.

“Seira Giin. You were a legend over a hundred years ago. A Faro who came to Primal Island and bought himself a partner.”

“And what of it? I told the owner at the time that I would pay for the experience, and I would not press if none of the workers were willing to bond with me. I even let my bonded continue working here for two years before he decided to quit.”

“I just… didn’t think that was you.” Alexis shrugged. “You don’t seem like the type to pull a stunt like that.”

“Yeah, well, you pull all kinds of nonsense when you realise you’ve gone through a quarter of your life with nothing to show for it. When time feels like it’s slipping through your fingers and there’s nothing you can do to stop it.”

Seira emerged from the screen, hanging his robe neatly by the door. Silken pyjamas from Uisge covered him from head to toe, and his orange and black fur still sat damp against his skin, the cold air in the room clinging to him. He hurried to the bed, crawling under the covers to try to get warm again.

“Did you just come here to remind me of my past?”

“No. Actually, I was going to offer your pleasure detail. But in light of today’s activities, I thought you might appreciate changing it to something more… platonic,” Alexis replied.

“Are you familiar with Cervidae puddles?” Seira questioned.

“As a matter of fact, I am.” Alexis smiled, slipping off his shirt.

His pants followed a moment later, and the Egaro climbed into the bed beside Seira. Heavy arms wrapped around the Faro, and Seira let out a contented sigh, burrowing deeper into the bed as Alexis held him close.

There were so many cuddles over the years. So many times when his bonded would hold him, carry him, always without judgement. Seira hadn’t realised how much he missed that.

Until now.

Letting the warmth of the Egaro seep into him, the Faro rested his head against Alexis’ chest. Inch by inch, he drew closer, until there was no space between them at all.

“Thank you, Aléxios….”

He wasn’t sure who he was thanking—his bonded or the Egaro who shared his name. But as the Faro drifted slowly to sleep, his last thoughts were of his love and the time they had shared.

 

The Faro raced through the grasslands, four legs bounding from boulder to boulder. He was confident in his invisibility and his ability to survive anything thrown at him. Twenty years scouting the bubble of inhabited space for unknown worlds had left Seira Giin with plenty of experience, and his clan was known for their explorers. Survival was in his blood.

But so was the urge to have children. To add to the Giin clan. Forty-five years old, he could feel the urge for a family rising. Travelling alone through the stars no longer seemed as appealing as it had been when he was younger. And while many would likely frown at a Faro looking for love on a resort dedicated to hunting down conquests, Seira didn’t care. If someone could track him down and catch him, then they deserved all he had to offer.

He wasn’t sure who was coming after him either. The owner of the island said two of his employees were interested in bonding with a Faro—more than Seira had expected. From what he’d seen of the feline aliens, there weren’t many Egaro who would want to tie themself to a single partner who was forced into biological monogamy. Sex was all they were after, and Seira already knew he’d have to keep a tight leash on his bonded.

A crunch sent the Faro into a flurry of action. He darted around a boulder, his nose picking up a distinct minty scent that nearly burned. It told him his hunter was near… at least one of them. But it also kept him from smelling anything else. Were his hunters working together? That wasn’t the plan—they were supposed to fight for him, not join up to pin him!

Trying to contain his panting, the Faro swivelled his pointed ears around. The call of a bird cut off any chance of hearing his pursuers, and Seira spun to head toward the woods.

Blue legs blocked his path. Seira let out a loud gekker as he was lifted into the air. He’d only been running for forty minutes. How had the Egaro found him so fast?

Shifting in the feline’s arms, Seira let his legs dangle over the Egaro’s crotch, panting heavily as he looked into the eyes of the alien destined to be his bonded.

“Well? What are you waiting for?” he challenged. “Aren’t you going to fuck me?”

“Oh no, little Faro,” the Egaro chuckled. “Actually, if I have my way, you won’t feel my barbs for quite some time. Instead, we’re going to have a little chat, you and I.”

Hands ran over Seira’s body, exploring him, and he let out a quiet moan at the unfamiliar feeling. They settled against the boulder, Seira sitting in the Egaro’s lap, yet he didn’t feel the expected bulge in the hunter’s pants. There was definitely a sheath under him, but the Egaro wasn’t straining to breed him like he’d expected.

“My name is Aléxios. And you are a lot softer than I thought a Faro would be,” the Egaro smiled at him.

“And you are… not as horny as I expected.”

“Well, if it’s sex you’re after, I can leave you for Ryan. He’s still searching for you, and I hear he’s been working up a load for you. But then, he’s a Cervidas, and their loads are rather tiny to begin with.” Aléxios wrapped his arms around Seira, pulling the naked Faro into his lap. “But if you want companionship, not just sex, then you’ll do little better than me. I’ll hunt you whenever you want, and I’ll never stop pursuing you, wherever you go.”

Seira shook his head in confusion.

“But you’re an Egaro—”

“And you are a Faro. And I was so excited at the thought of being bonded to you. Of being partnered with someone who might not want sex every day. Of course, someday we’ll have cubs, so we’ll have to have sex eventually.”

“You…” Seira swallowed tightly, looking up at Aléxios. “You’ve really put a lot of thought into this, haven’t you?”

“You’re not the first Faro I’ve looked at. But you will be the last if I have my way,” Aléxios said, kissing the top of the Faro’s head. “I’d love to be your mate, for as long as you’d have me.”

An Egaro who thought like a Faro… Seira wasn’t sure he could believe it. Maybe he’d fallen and cracked his head.

“But… someday, we will have cubs? And what about your heats? Golaski… I’m so confused….”

“Oh, don’t be confused. I don’t have sex. Not even during my heats. I tried a few times, and while the idea is nice, no one really knows how to treat me right. So I am more than happy to take care of that myself. It might change as we get to know each other, but for now, every time you ask for sex, it’s probably going to turn me off from the idea.”

The Egaro nuzzled the top of Seira’s head lightly with his chin.

“But that’s okay too. We can learn more about each other. We have all the time in the world.”

Copyright © 2022 astone2292, Yeoldebard; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 3
  • Love 10
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Love lost, then found...

“But you’re an Egaro—”

“And you are a Faro. And I was so excited at the thought of being bonded to you. Of being partnered with someone who might not want sex every day. Of course, someday we’ll have cubs, so we’ll have to have sex eventually.”

“You…” Seira swallowed tightly, looking up at Aléxios. “You’ve really put a lot of thought into this, haven’t you?”

“You’re not the first Faro I’ve looked at. But you will be the last if I have my way,” Aléxios said, kissing the top of the Faro’s head. “I’d love to be your mate, for as long as you’d have me.”

An Egaro who thought like a Faro… Seira wasn’t sure he could believe it. Maybe he’d fallen and cracked his head.

  • Like 1
  • Love 3
Link to comment

I enjoyed how you dealt with aging, a mate possibly having dementia, and then the loss of a loved one.  And then to my surprise, you allowed for the attraction of opposites, both in species and age, and allowed Seira to find love again.  Well done!  

  • Love 4
Link to comment

Seira Giin..... I think I prefer Seira Whiisky. 🤣🤣

A nice, but bittersweet final tale. Losing the love of your life has to be devastating. Hopefully Seira can heal.

I thoroughly enjoyed your four stories. Well done @astone2292 and @Yeoldebard. Well done!

  • Love 3
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..