Jump to content
    Bill W
  • Author
  • 4,442 Words
  • 3,757 Views
  • 4 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Castaway Hotel - 4 - 8. Chapter 8 - A Very Special Vanlentine's Day

It took a great deal of planning, but we did come up with a very special Valentines’ surprise for the other half of our gay couples. They all knew the guys with girlfriends were taking their dates out to dinner and then to the ‘Sweethearts Dance’ at school, but they also knew it was also something they couldn’t do, at least without a few problems along the way. Therefore, they were just planning to spend their time at home with their boyfriends, but I could tell none of them was overly enthused by the prospect.

Trey was really sulking about this, being extremely disappointed that he couldn’t be among the group that was dining and dancing with the one they cared about. In order to make that up to him, I wanted this to be as nice or nicer than what the other boys would be sharing with their dates.

To help set up this little surprise, I talked Trey, Kevin and Brandon into helping me set up the gym for the Sweethearts Dance at the high school, to assist a teacher friend of mine who was in charge of the event. Although the boys complained that it wasn’t fair that they’d have to do the work if they couldn’t go, I convinced them that this was more about helping my friend and me than anything else. Reluctantly, they set their feelings aside and agreed to participate.

When the big day arrived, I made them come home first and change into slacks and a dress shirt, before I took them back to the high school to work. They didn’t understand why I had them dress up just to work, since they never dressed like this for school and wouldn’t be staying to attend the festivities, but I told them it was so they would look nice for their boyfriends when they returned. After a mild protest, during which they argued that they’d have time to do that when they got back, they eventually did as I requested. It took us a couple of hours to finish the preparations and my friend came over and thanked us all for our efforts before we left. As I suspected, the boys were very quiet on the way home.

When I pulled into the driveway, I hustled to make sure I was the first one out of the van and at our front door. It wasn’t very difficult to do this time, because the boys were all sulking now and just slithered out of their seat and slunk along behind me, especially Trey. When I got to the door I peeked in, to make sure the others were ready. When I saw they were, I went in and left the door open, so the other three could follow me.

Danny, Dion and Nick waited just inside, dressed in slacks, dress shirt, tie and sport coat, each holding a heart-shaped box of candy and a card for their boyfriend. The jaws on the other three nearly hit the floor when they saw their lovers. They truly hadn’t expected anything like this. They opened their cards, read them and then apologized for not having their things with them. That’s when they each raced to their rooms, after setting their boxes of candy down first, and came back with cards and some sort of gift of their own. Once each of them presented these items to his boyfriend, each couple exchanged hugs and kisses. That’s when the rest of the plan was set into motion.

First, Danny, Dion and Nick escorted their partners into the dining room, which had been completely cleared of everything, and I raced through the kitchen, so I would be at the other end of the dining room and in my assigned place. I was standing next to our stereo system, which had been set up on the counter between the kitchen and dining areas, and began my little address.

“As you have figured out by now, your boyfriends have gone to a great deal of effort to plan a special night for you. They asked me to help them with this and to provide the music for the evening. Before we serve you a very special dinner, we’ll begin the evening with a little dancing. I have selected the music, based on a very special theme, and I hope you listen carefully to the words of each song. This will not be your typical Valentines Day dance music or songs you will be familiar with. Instead, I selected songs that spanned many years, included a variety of styles and are sung by many different artists or groups. However, all of the lyrics are appropriate to what your partners are trying to express. It is primarily slow music, so you can cuddle all you want on the dance floor. Just relax and have fun.”

Since Brent did not have a partner to bring to this affair, I agreed to let him take charge of playing the music, after I’d made my announcement. This would make him feel part of the event and hopefully keep him from feeling sorry about his own situation.

The surprised partners were still trying to grill their boyfriends on when they had decided to do all of this for them, how they had done this without them finding out and why they hadn’t told them beforehand, so they could have been prepared. The conspirators deflected these questions, telling their lovers to not think about such things and simply enjoy the evening, so I had Brent start the music. As the initial notes of the first tune wafted from the speakers, the three instigators asked their partners if they would like to dance. As they held each other close and began to sway in time to the music, they also listened as Anne Murray’s voice sang out the words to “Could I Have This Dance?” (1980)

I’ll always remember the song they were playing
The first time we danced and I knew
As we swayed to the music and held to each other
I fell in love with you

Could I have this dance for the rest of my life?
Would you be my partner then every night?
When we’re together it feels so right
Could I have this dance for the rest of my life?

I’ll always remember that magic moment
When I held you close to me
Cause we move together I know forever
You’re all I’ll ever need

I had thought that was the perfect song to start off this evening with, as it tied their love for each other and dancing together, while signifying what this evening was all about. My fellow conspirators listened to these words intently, as I had suggested, primarily because they didn’t know the songs I’d be playing. As the lyrics began to sink in, they coyly glanced at me, smiled and winked, as they held their partners close. I think they were beginning to see what I was up to, as I gave it my best to make this a memorable evening for each of them, while allowing them the opportunity to explore their love for each other. Brent quickly started the next song and Nat King Cole tenderly crooned the lyrics of “Too Young” (1951).

They try to tell us we’re too young
Too young to really be in love
They say that love’s a word
A word we’ve only heard
But can’t begin to know the meaning of

And yet we’re not too young to know
This love will last though years may go
And then some day they may recall
We were not too young at all

By this point, the boys were so close together that they almost looked as if they had one body with two heads, and they didn’t separate when the song ended. For that reason, I quickly had Brent start the next tune, a Paul Anka number. Soon they were able to hear him belt out “Put your head on my shoulder” (1959).

Put your head on my shoulder
Hold me in your arms, ba—by
Squeeze me oh so tight, ba—by
Show me that you love me too.

Put your lips close to mine, dear
Won’t you kiss me once, ba—by?
Just a kiss goodnight, ba—by
Maybe you and I will fall in love

The boys were now kissing each other and following the suggestions of the song. I made sure we paused long enough to give them an opportunity to make out a little bit, while Brent and I watched as they kissed and expressed their love for each other. Once I felt they had sufficient time for this endeavor, I allowed Brent to begin the next song. A few seconds later, he played one of my favorite love songs, a little Bobby Vinton tune entitled “I Love How You Love Me” (1968).

I love how your eyes close
Whenever you kiss me
And when I’m away from you
I love how you miss me
I love the way you always treat me tenderly
But darling most of all
I love how you love me

I love how your heart beats
Whenever I hold you
I love how you think of me
Without being told too
I love the way your touch is always heavenly
But darling most of all
I love how you love me

I love how you hug me
I love how you squeeze me, tease me, please me
Love how you love me
I love how you love me…

The mood had been adequately set and the boys were really getting into kissing each other, as well as doing some hugging and groping. Not only that, but I saw plenty of tears streaming down their cheeks, indicating how touched they were because of this special evening.

As we watched the boys a little longer, I saw one of my ‘assistants’ trying to get my attention, so he could give me the high sign that the meal was ready. I immediately told our couples it was time to eat, and Cole and Graham escorted them all into the living room, which we had turned into an intimate dining room. I had Cole and Graham dress in tight-fitting khaki slacks, with pink dress-shirts opened in a ‘V’ and tied at the waist, which I thought looked sexy. They led the couples in and seated them at one of the three card tables we had set up in different corners of the room, to give them some privacy. Each table was covered with a red tablecloth and set for two, and the couples excitedly took their seats. Each table also had a large candle placed at its center, lit for atmosphere. Once everyone was comfortable, Cole and Graham asked for their drink orders, after telling them their choices.

I had purchased a couple of different bottles of wine for this very special evening, both being a sweeter variety than I would usually purchase, because I felt they would be more to the boys’ liking. Cole and Graham had been informed that each boy may have a glass or two of the wine, or they could have soda, juice, milk or water instead. Each boy decided to try a glass of wine, as it made them feel more grown-up and the night less childish, and I got a kick watching them sip their drinks like macho old pros. The couples chatted with each other at their tables and continued to sip their drinks, before I sent my next surprise into the room. At that moment, my two little waiters arrived to deliver the first course.

Sammy and Andrew walked into the room clad only in tight black pleather shorts, black-cloth shoes and a red bow tie strapped around their necks, sans shirt. They looked absolutely adorable and this fact wasn’t wasted on the other boys. They had already commented on how sexy Cole and Graham looked, but now they just stared at my two sexy waiters, as each carried in a platter with three bowls of salad on them. My waiters gave each boy their salad and then left, soon returning with a basket of rolls for each of the three tables. While my waiters were performing their duties, the other boys made sure to tell them how great they looked. All four of my helpers were pleased that the older boys had noticed them and thought they looked good.

The rest of us then waited in the other room, giving the boys time to eat their salads, and then Cole and Graham removed the salad bowls from the table, before Sammy and Andrew delivered the main course. Each of our diners was served a small filet mignon, small lobster tail and a baked potato. Cole and Graham also delivered small bowls of melted butter and sour cream to each group, which they could use as desired. The boys then ate and talked, but mostly just stared at each other, making mental pictures for later, but still found a way to hold hands in between bites. I wasn’t letting these intimate moments pass without making longer-lasting mementos of this night, as I had been snapping pictures since their first dance had begun. Now I took more photos of them sitting and eating, to ensure they would be able to remember their most precious moments from this very romantic evening.

After they finished their meals and had a second glass of wine or something else to drink, the tables were cleared and then Sammy and Andrew brought out the desserts, a small slice of Black Forrest cake, topped with a couple of cherries. Soon I saw the boys feeding each other the cherries and then they ate the rest of their dessert. When they had finished everything and the tables were cleared, they had time to talk or kiss some more. During that time, the boys moved their chairs even closer together and their heads began to tilt and meet, as their tongues and lips began to explore each other. They were really into this celebration of their love now and I was starting to worry they might want to move on to other things, before they benefited from the rest of my planning. I waited about a minute or two longer, before I announced that the dance floor was reopening and the music would soon begin again. The boys smiled at each other, asked their partners if they would care to dance, and then they came strolling back out to the dining room, arm in arm or holding hands.

“Will you dance with me this time,” Brent asked. “I’d like to try it too.”

“Well, I suppose that can be arranged,” I agreed, which caused Brent to flash me a smile.

I had selected several more songs to finish off this romantic evening, each with a special message or just to get them in the mood. I started this second session off with Bobby Darin’s “More” (1964) and the boys melted back into each other’s arms. Slowly they began to dance again, as the music filled the room. As the first notes filled the room, I grasped Brent as my dance partner and we slowly began to sway to the music. As we did so, I also noticed Cole and Graham dancing with each other in the kitchen, along with Sammy and Andrew. I guess everyone was getting into the act now.

More than the greatest love the world has known
This is the love I’ll give to you alone
More than the simple words I try to say
I only live to love you more each day

More than you’ll ever know
My arms long to hold you so
My life will be in your keeping, walking, sleeping, laughing, weeping

Longer than always is a long, long time
But far beyond forever you’ll be mine
I know that I never lived before
And my heart is very sure
No one else could love you more.

I think the words to that song really set the mood for the rest of the evening. It not only expressed the depth of their love, but also indicated it could last forever. It is a very deep and moving song, and Brent followed it up by playing a very special duet, sung by Nat King Cole and his daughter Natalie Cole. Although Nat had died when his daughter was still very young, she did this tribute to him by taking his 1951 recording and dubbing her voice in with his. This time the father/daughter team joined their talents to give us “Unforgettable” (1991). This recording displayed all the fine qualities of his satiny voice, while his daughter sang harmony and blended her soulful voice in with his.

Unforgettable, that’s what you are
Unforgettable, though near and far
Like a song of love that clings to me
How the thought of you does things to me
Never before has someone been more

Unforgettable in every way
And forever more, that’s how you’ll stay
That’s why darling, it’s incredible
That someone so unforgettable
Thinks that I am unforgettable too

The boys were really getting into this now, and I started to see hands move lower, rubbing their backs and sides, occasionally caressing their partner’s buns, or nibbling on an ear or neck. Suddenly the house was beginning to feel warmer, as these couples began to heat things up. The night was progressing very nicely and my young lovers were getting a rare opportunity to experience a traditional date. Next, I had Brent put on the melodic harmony of the Everly Brothers to work, as they combined on “Let It Be Me” (1960).

I bless the day I found you
I want to stay around you
And so I beg you
Let it be me

Don’t take this heaven from one
If you must cling to someone
Now and forever
Let it be me

Each time we meet love
I find complete love
Without your sweet love
What would life be

So never leave me lonely
Tell me you’ll love me only
And that you’ll always
Let it be me.

The final chords of this song had barely died before Brent started the next song by the brothers, this one entitled “Devoted to You” (1958).

Darling you can count on me
Till the sun dries up the sea
Until then I’ll always be
Devoted to you

I’ll be yours through endless time
I’ll adore your charms sublime
Guess by now you’ll know that I’m
Devoted to you

I’ll never hurt you, I’ll never lie
I’ll never be untrue
I’ll never give you a reason to cry
I’ll be unhappy if you were blue

Through the years my love will grow
Like a river it will flow
It can’t die because I’m so
Devoted to you.

I just loved how their voices intertwined in a way that most non-related singers could never hope to accomplish. At this point we took a little break, to let the boys relax, get a drink or use the toilet. My little waiters took orders and brought back drinks to those who had wanted one, while the other boys did whatever else they had to do. By that time Brent and I were ready to finish the last set before the evening ended, but first we had to get our audience back.

The boys were busy hugging and kissing, while their hands roamed freely over each other’s bodies and their lips tasted every exposed part of their lovers’ flesh. I gave them a few minutes more to carry on like this, while sending the little ones off to bed, despite their protests. Even though they wanted to stay with us, I felt the remainder of the night belonged to the lovers. Now, it was time to bring out ‘The King,’ as I signaled Brent to start playing Elvis’ version of “It’s Impossible” (1973).

It’s impossible to tell the sun to leave the sky,
It’s just impossible.
It’s impossible to ask a baby not to cry,
It’s just impossible.
Can I hold you closer to me,
And not feel you going through me
But the second that I never think of you?
Oh, how impossible.

Can the ocean keep from rush to the shore?
It’s just impossible.
If I had you, could I ever ask for more?
It’s just impossible.
And tomorrow, should you ask me for the world
Somehow I’d get it
I would sell my very soul and not regret it
Or to live without your love is just impossible.

Once that song finished, I decided it was now time to bring a feminine lilt to the night, as I had stuck to mostly male artists up to this point. However, I was planning to finish the evening off with two female vocalists, putting the final touch on the emotions and sentiments I had tried to instill in my star-crossed lovers. First, Debby Boone belted out “You Light Up My Life” (1977).

So many nights I’d sit by my window
Waiting for someone to sing me his song
So many dreams I keep deep inside me
Alone in the dark, but now you’ve come along

And you light up my life
You give me hope to carry on
You light u my days and fill my nights with song

Rollin’ at sea, adrift on the water
Could it be finally I’m turnin’ for home?
Finally a chance to say “Hey, I love you”
Never again to be all alone

‘cause you, you light up my life
You give me hope to carry on
You light up my days and fill my nights with song

It can’t be wrong
When it feels so right
‘cause you…you light up my life.

There was one final song to complete this evening, and then the boys would probably be heading to their rooms, to spend some time alone. When I announced that this would be the last dance, I heard a few groans, which led me to believe the boys had appreciated our efforts. For their final dance of the evening, I had selected one of the strongest female voices around. It was Celine Dion’s chance to sing out her version of “When I Fall in Love” (1993).

When I fall in love
It will be forever
Or I’ll never fall in love

In a restless world like this is
Love is ended before it’s begun
And too many moonlight kisses
Seem to cool in the warmth of the sun

When I give my heart
I give it completely
Or I’ll never give my heart

And the moment I can feel that
You feel that way too
Is when I fall in love with you.

As the music faded and the boys finished dancing, they walked over to me to thank me for what I had done.

“Thanks, Dad,” Dion said first. “That was even better than I’d hoped. Trey was really surprised and he’s been crying most of the night. He told me it was what he’d always wanted for us, but couldn’t have until tonight. We tried to do something like this on New Year’s, but it wasn’t quite the same. Now he’s happier than I’ve ever seen him before.”

“Yeah, this was fantastic,” Trey added. “I was really down earlier, because the other guys were doing all sorts of things with their girlfriends, but this was just as awesome. The words to the songs were just so perfect and they said all the right things.”

“The music was kind of old-fashioned and kind of gross, though,” Nick chirped in.

“No, it was nice,” Brandon corrected him. “Different, but nice.”

“It was elevator music,” Nick persisted. “That’s only for really old people.” I shot him an evil glare.

“But I think those songs said the right things and set the mood for a really fantastic evening,” Kevin told him. “I’m not sure playing the tunes we normally listen to would have had the same effect. Thinking about the words of the songs and how they talked about falling in love, what love really is and saying that love will last forever made it special and caused me to feel even closer to Nick.”

“I think Kevin’s right,” Danny added, in his support. “The songs played talked about love a little differently than I’m used to, so it made me think. I’ve never considered some of those things before, like what you do when you love someone so deeply or how strong and long-lasting love can be. I know I love Brandon, but now I think about us a little differently. Now I’m more concerned about how I can make him feel good and not so much about how he makes me feel good. That’s still important, but now I’ll notice more about how he’s feeling and try harder to think about what his needs are too. If we had done this before, I don’t think either of us would have chosen to date those girls. By doing that, we almost said our love wasn’t real or worth as much as boy-girl love. I sure feel differently about it now.”

“I guess you’re right,” Nick conceded. “I never thought much about love before, just the sex and how it made me feel so good. I still like the sex, but I’ll start thinking about the other stuff too. Kevin said he’d help me with that.” Nick laughed after he said that, so Kevin gently elbowed him in the ribs.

I said goodnight to the boys and started cleaning up the mess. They offered to help, but I told them this was their night, so they were not to lift a finger. I also told Brent it was time for him to turn in too. While they headed to their rooms for some unscripted time together, I finished putting things away and getting everything back in order, while I waited for the others to arrive home. However, after everyone else had left the room, Brent came back down to me to talk.

“Thank you for dancing with me and making me part of the night,” he told me, sincerely. “It was a lot of fun, made me feel special and I’ll always remember it.”

I was so choked up by his sincerity that I wasn’t sure how to respond, so I merely hugged him and whispered in his ear. “You’re welcome and I enjoyed it too.” After that, he went back upstairs, as I stood in the kitchen thinking about what had just taken place.

Copyright © 2010 Bill W; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 10
  • Love 6
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

On 02/14/2016 04:58 AM, Fae Briona said:

Wonderful thing for him to do. :*)

Fae, I think it's appropriate that you ran across the Valentine's Day chapter today!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Lizzydolphin37 said:

That was a beautiful chapter! Thanks Bill.

You're very welcome. 

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..