Jump to content
    Caz Pedroso
  • Author
  • 740 Words
  • 2,298 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Let me in - 26. Chapter 26

“Can I ask you something?” Louis asked.

Cade frowned at the nervous tone of the question. “You can always ask me anything, love.”

Louis refused to meet his eyes and cade started to worry.

“Well, um, whenareyougoingtobiteme?”

Cade’s frown deepened, it took him a few moments to separate the words and work out what Louis was saying.

“Where did you hear about biting?” he asked cautiously.

“The healers have access to the city university libraries. I looked up shifter mating.”

“When did you do that?”

“In my break my first day here. I wanted to know if there was any possible side effects to our mating. I know if a witch and vampire mate the witch is changed, but I haven’t come across shifters much before, so…”

Cade pulled his mate close and kissed him long and deep.

“When a shifter—even a hybrid—mates, they bite their mate during sex to mark them inside and out. Other shifters can smell the scent, and of course non-shifters can see the mark, because the scar never heals completely. From what my mother told me, as my mate you will gain faster healing and better strength, eyesight and…” he trailed off.

“And what?” Louis asked.

“Well, you would have gotten better hearing, but, well…”

Louis smiled a bit sadly but pulled him in for another kiss.

“I think I would love to wear your mark and let everyone see that I belong to you.” The words were a whisper across Cade’s mind and he felt a growl rising. His animal wanted to take his mate at his word and just go for it. His human/psychic half had better manners—and better sense—and ruthlessly pushed the wolf down.

Gently cupping Louis’ face Cade looked in his eyes and tried to project as much sincerity as possible. “I don’t want to hurt you. My wolf wants to take you and I don’t know how much control I will have. From what you told me I know you’re…inexperienced, and I don’t want to scare you away by being too rough.”

Louis grinned at him. “I would never be scared of you. I know neither you nor your wolf would hurt me.”

Cade was humbled by the trust his mate was offering.

“I still want to wear your mark. Please my mate, make me yours.”

This time Cade didn’t try and stop his wolf from pouncing. Letting Louis see his claws breaking through his fingertips he methodically starting shredding the sleep clothes Louis was wearing. Louis’ t-shirt ended up in pieces and his boxers soon followed. Cade had just pushed Louis down on the bed and was kissing his neck, when his cell phone started ringing. Ignoring it he continued to kiss down Louis throat and to one of his nipples.

Louis was wriggling under him and Cade was almost ready to burst, when ringing echoed through the house again, this time the house phone and his cell were ringing a the same time.

Cade growled and snatched his phone up. “This had better be important,” he snarled down the phone.

Louis was giggling silently at Cade so he pulled his mate into his lap. “I’ll show you that laughing at your mate is not a good idea.” He started to run one hand up Louis’ inner thigh while using the other hand and arm to hold his now squirming mate still.

“Of Course it’s important,” Thomas’ voice was yelling from the cell phone that Cade had dropped on to the bed.

Hitting the speaker button Cade resumed fondling Louis. “What’s happened this time?” Cade could hear the strain in Thomas’ tone and he knew it had to be important. All teasing aside Thomas wouldn’t call late at night on a whim.

“Darrin is dead. His was found hanging from the beams in his garage by his second about an hour ago.”

Cade froze. Louis looked up in concern and Cade filled him in.

“Ask him where they are,” Louis told Cade.

After getting the address, Cade told Thomas they would be there as soon as possible.

What was going on? First the man is almost impossible to find, then he has weak excuses as to why h would have been in contact with the press. Now he was dead. There had to be a connection, but what was it?

Dressing quickly Cade and Louis headed out to try and find the answers.

Copyright © 2015 Caz Pedroso; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 13
  • Wow 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..