Jump to content
    Caz Pedroso
  • Author
  • 602 Words
  • 2,751 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Let me in - 28. Chapter 28

Cade woke first and just laid there watching Louis sleep. The need to mark and claim his mate was riding him hard. But, he wanted to make it special and romantic. A persons first time should be slow and loving.

“I can feel you thinking you know,” Louis’ amused voice came to him. His beloved turned, draped his arm over Cade’s chest and tangled their legs together. “Gottcha.” Lois grinned triumphantly.

“So, what are you going to do to this big, bad, wolf?” Cade teased, snapping his teeth playfully near Louis’ face.

He froze when Louis tripped his head offering his neck. “This is what I’ll do,” Louis sent.

Cade bent and fastened his lips over the pulse point on his mate’s throat. Pulling hard he brought up a mark dark enough to last at least three days.

Banging on the door jolted Cade into letting go.

“Come on, guys. You going to let us starve out here?” came Jaydon’s voice through the door.

Cade sighed. “Our friends want breakfast,” he sent and rolled out of bed to head for the bathroom. “We’re coming,” he shouted and heard Jaydon chuckle as he moved away from the door.

***

Half an hour later they were all sitting at the breakfast bar enjoying the fruit and pancakes Louis had made.

“So, what do we do about this situation?” Jaydon asked, round a mouthful of food.

“Don’t eat with your mouth full,” said Cade absently, while he turned the problem over his mind. He only looked up when he heard the sniggering turn into full laughter. “What?” he asked testily. “I thought we were thinking about this problem, not acting like a bunch of school boys.”

“Um, love. Think about what you just said,” sent, amusement coloring his tone.

Cade frowned. What? All he’d was… Don’t eat with… Shit!

“Okay, okay. Fun’s over,” Cade groused and concentrated on eating the rest of his breakfast.

They cleared up and sat in the living room with printed copies of the ME’s preliminary report and the statements from the first responders and the person who called in the body.

The blood results show Darrin was drugged before he was hung. The drug in question should have dissipated in his blood long before we found him but it didn’t. The ME thinks that Darrin died so quickly that his heart was no longer beating to carry the drug round and dissipate it. The drugs is labeled as RHYNGT14264. It’s a control drug that would have meant Darrin would do whatever anyone told him for a few hours after he was injected with it. It must have been someone he trusted if they got near enough to him to inject him. So we need to look at family, friends, lovers.”

Jaydon grabbed Cade’s tablet and with a few taps had logged into the security intranet. A few more taps had Darrin’s information flashing up on screen.

“Connect it to the TV screen would you? Then we can all see.” Cade instructed and Jaydon soon had all the information scrolling on screen.

“Hang on what’s that?” Louis asked them all and made Jaydon back up a few pages to an article that had photos. “There, standing with her arm round Darrin’s shoulders in the back ground.”

“Hayley! What is she doing there?”

“Seems we’ve found out something new about our missing council second. I think it’s time we investigated a bit harder to find her.”

The group agreed to shower and meet back in the living room to then go and search out the rest of the council—again.

Copyright © 2015 Caz Pedroso; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 12
  • Wow 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..