Jump to content
    Caz Pedroso
  • Author
  • 570 Words
  • 2,390 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Let me in - 20. Chapter 20

Cade woke to dim sunlight filtering into the bedroom and his cell ringing. He pulled the covers over his head and snuggled closer to Louis until the ringing stopped. Sighing with relief he started to doze back off, until the ringing started up again. Then the landline phone joined in too.

Huffing he reached over and grabbed his cell. Seeing it was Thomas he answered.

“This had better be important,” he growled. “It is barely light out.”

“Get your iPad and bring up the local newspaper. Check out the headlines and you’ll see what’s so important.” Thomas sounded furious and Cade couldn’t help a shudder going through him at what could have happened to make his friend so angry.

Sliding out of bed he rushed to grab his iPad from the kitchen. Loading the newsstand app he selected his local paper and waited for the download. The headline and subsequent article that flashed up nearly had him dropping the device on the hard floor.

Half Breed To Take Control Of The Council!!!

Information from within the Council says, Psychic Security Officer, Cade Clinton, is to take over the position of Senior Elder, effective immediately. Our source went on to say how Mr. Clinton is actually half shifter and threatened Council members at their introduction meeting yesterday. Mr. Clinton is said to have brought his mate, a witch healer named Louis Courts, with him. An informant at the hospital says that Mr. Courts is disabled and has an attitude to match his apparent mate…

“What’s wrong love?” came Louis’ voice in his mind, interrupting his reading. “I can feel your shock and anger, where are you?”

“I’m in the kitchen.”

Putting his phone back to his ear he growled, “When I find out who leaked this shit I will personally beat them to within an inch of their miserable lives and then banish them from this community. What do they mean my mate is disabled? And for that matter, what does apparent mate mean?” He didn’t even want to touch the fact that the decision on whether to tell the public about his shifter blood or not was now taken out of his hands.”

Cade ran a hand through his hair and relaxed when he scented Louis rushing into the room. He felt his mate run soothing hands over his back and relaxed more with each pass.

He passed the iPad to Louis and turned his attention back to Thomas.

“Where and when, should we meet you and Harold? Cade demanded, he knew Thomas would want to get a plan in motion quickly to try and mitigate any damage that may have been done to their original plan.

My office, in two hours,” Thomas replied before hanging up.

Cade moved to the kitchen window and stood looking out at the view. Was it really worth it? Why should he try and help a community that may not want him? Why should he help people who were willing to insult his mate?

Penny for your thoughts, a quarter for the rest of you,” Louis’ voice whispered in his mind.

Letting out a laugh he turned and swept his mate into his arms.

“Let’s talk about it while we take a shower and I make very sure you’re clean enough.”

Louis just wrapped his arms wound Cade’s neck and held on as he headed for the bathroom at full speed.

Copyright © 2015 Caz Pedroso; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 18
  • Angry 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

On 12/17/2015 12:34 AM, Headstall said:

Well, that was interesting... great chapter, Caz... cheers... Gary....

Thanks for the review Gary :)

 

:hug:

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..