Jump to content
    Caz Pedroso
  • Author
  • 767 Words
  • 2,458 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Let me in - 29. Chapter 29

“We need to find Hayley and question her. Now!” Cade stated. They had spent the remainder of the morning and part of the afternoon trying unsuccessfully to find the missing second. finally, hunger had won out and they’d returned to Cade and Louis’ place for a late lunch.

“But how do we find her?” Louis asked as he munched on a sandwich and stroked a hand up and down Cade’s arm to keep him calm.

“Who here has met this woman?” Jaydon asked suddenly.

The other three all raised their hands.

“Okay, who has touched her mind? For any reason, no matter how fleeting.” Jaydon added.

Only Craig kept his hand raised. “I had to treat her for some tension headaches once. She had to lower her basic shields to allow me to find the source of the problem.” He explained.

“Actually, that makes this even easier, since Craig and I have a mental connection already. I can find Hayley using the psychic signature Craig has already seen.” Jaydon stated.

“Of course,” Cade exclaimed. “How on earth could I forget you were on search and rescue. How long will it take you to find her?”

“It shouldn’t take long depending on her being in town of course. If she is further out I may not be able to pinpoint an exact position. I will, however, be able to get an area to start searching.”

“Great, what do you need?”

“Just peace and quiet with Craig. The less outside distractions there are the better.”

Cade nodded and watched as Craig and Jaydon headed upstairs.

“So, what do we do while we wait?” he asked leering at Louis and causing his mate to grin.

“I believe the breakfast dishes need washing,” came Louis’ innocent reply. Cade groaned but went to do as was suggested.

***

Two hours later the mates were going back over the current information again to see if they’d missed anything, when Jaydon and Craig entered the room looking worn out.

“Did you find anything?” Cade asked immediately.

Jaydon gave a tired nod and helped himself to a drink from the jug on a nearby table. After he’d down the whole glass he refilled it and handed it to Craig.

“Yes, we found her. She’s hiding out on that closed industrial estate near the edge of town. From what I could sense from this distance, she has about ten others with her. Her shields are strong and I couldn’t get passed them without alerting her. Her companions, however, weren’t so strong. They are plotting some sort of attack that will put you and the council in a bad light. I couldn’t get any specifics, I would need to be closer, but, I did get that the event will take place in two weeks’ time at your official introduction to the town as senior elder.”

“That bitch,” Cade snarled. “What did I ever do to her?”

“I don’t know,” Jaydon answered. “They have no intention of moving yet. I suggest we get some sleep, because I am no good to anyone until I recharge for at least five hours I’m afraid. Meanwhile contact Thomas and get him working on getting together a team to go get her. We can lead it, but, we’re going to need back up.”

“That’s fine. As much as I hate to wait I know your right. I’ll call Thomas, you two get yourselves to bed. I’ll call you when it’s time to move out.”

Jaydon and Craig left and Cade turned to Louis.

“What is she up to? She can’t take over the council, she’s only a second. if the council falls there will be chaos.”

Louis shook his head and held out the phone. Sighing Cade dialed Thomas and, when he answered, started on an explanation of what they’d found and what was needed.

***

Six hours later Cade, Louis, Jaydon, and Craig were gathered with Thomas, and a team, a safe distance from where Jaydon said Hayley was still holed up with her men.

“Right,” said Thomas, spreading out a schematic of the old dinner they believed Hayley was in. “Jaydon, you’re going to be going in the front with the main team. I will take the rest of the team round the back and signal to you when we’ve got all the exits covered. Craig and Louis, you’re both to wait here. If it comes to a fight you’re not trained and we may have need of you healing expertise when it’s over.

Everyone got their assignments?” There were various nods and acknowledgements. “Good, let’s go then.”

Copyright © 2015 Caz Pedroso; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 15
  • Love 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..