Jump to content
    Caz Pedroso
  • Author
  • 998 Words
  • 3,449 Views
  • 6 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Let me in - 3. Chapter 3

Louis was silently berating himself as he helped Cade pick up the dirty clothes he’d dropped.

He looked up and realized Cade was speaking.

“—and of course Jaydon has taken over the case we were sent here on, so I have all this time on my hands…”

Louis just nodded in what he hoped was an attentive manner and turned to lead the way to the laundry room.

He should’ve just walked away, he thought, and left Cade to pick up everything himself. But that went against who he was and so he carried the clothes into the room they needed.

As they entered the laundry room Cade touched his arm, causing him to jump and drop some of the clothes he was carrying. Turning to look at Cade he caught the end of what he was saying.

“—ry, I didn’t mean to startle you.”

Louis just shook his head. He should have been paying better attention. He reached the first machine and started to load the light colored clothes from what he was carrying. Out of the corner of his eye he saw Cade crouch down beside him at the next machine. He handed Cade the dark clothes he had and between them they filled the two machines. Louis added the washing liquid and started both machines before turning back to Cade.

Cade was staring at him frowning, Louis raised an eyebrow in question.

“Why don’t you talk?” Cade asked bluntly.

Louis just shook his head and moved toward the door. Cade blocked his way and Louis started to panic.

***

Cade saw the panic starting in Louis’s eyes and hastened to reassure him.

“Hey,” Cade said, holding both his hands up to show he meant no harm, “I just want to talk to you. You’re always running off.”

Louis backed away and tried to put as much distance between him and Cade as he could in the small room.

Cade was shocked, Louis looked like he thought Cade was going to attack him, he just wanted to talk to the man.

Cade carefully and slowly moved away from the door and it saddened him how quickly Louis ran out the door and disappeared up the hallway.

***

Louis ran straight to the staff break room and thanked whoever was listening that it was empty. He couldn’t believe he had panicked like that, he knew Cade wouldn’t hurt him and he knew Cade only wanted to talk to him. But he also knew he couldn’t cope with feeling trapped again. Going to the sink he splashed cold water on his overheated face.

The door of the break room, opened and Louis turned to see Jamie enter.

Jamie took one look at Louis’s face and asked “Okay what happened this time? Is Cade bothering you still?”

Louis quickly shook his head and shrugged to say nothing was wrong. Jamie stared at him intently as though he was trying to read Louis’s mind to see whether he was telling the truth or not.

After a few moments Jamie sighed, “Well anyway, I was looking for you because I need a bed made up in room 97. We have a teenage witch being brought in who had a run in with her boyfriend. She’s not badly hurt but I want to keep her quiet and not let her be hounded by anyone. Also put a note in the nurse’s book to say no one is allowed in to see her, without getting permission from me or Casey first. Actually, to be sure, just put a spell on the door once she arrives. Make it so that only clinic staff can enter the room.”

Louis nodded and Jamie left.

Taking a deep breath Louis headed out, to do what Jamie had asked.

***

“He ran away from me like I was some kind of monster,” Cade was ranting at Jaydon.

Jaydon just watched from his position laying on his bed reading a daily newspaper, as Cade paced up and down.

“Aren’t you going to say anything?” Cade demanded.

Jaydon just looked at him ‘til he started squirming under the intense gaze.

“Look I know I’m a big guy. But I didn’t mean to scare him. I just wanted to stop him running away. I mean he still didn’t talk to me.” Cade was at least half a foot taller than Louis and definitely twice as wide. “I suppose I can see how blocking the door could seem intimidating. But come on, I wouldn’t hurt a fly, much less the man I’m trying to seduce.”

Jaydon just shook his head, “Did you ever think that maybe you’re coming on too strong? You’re always where he is, you follow him around like a lost puppy. Leave him alone and let him relax. Why not try asking around the other nurses? Or why not try sending him something with a note?”

Cade brightened, “You know those are very good ideas. I think Nora and Glynis would be willing to share a bit of gossip.” Cade jumped up and headed for the door, “Don’t wait up for me,” he called as a goodbye.

***

Cade spent the rest of the night trying to get someone–anyone–to talk to him about Louis.

“Why are you harassing my staff? The nurses have told me you’re asking questions about Louis.” Jamie asked, when Cade had answered the summons to go to the main office.

“But all I want to do is ask him out.” Cade said, with a whine in his voice.

Jamie seemed to be assessing him, “If that’s all, then why haven’t you asked him?”

“I would ask him if I could get him to stay in the same room as me.”

Jamie seemed to be trying not to smile. “I’ll tell you one thing about Louis. He likes flowers and Chocolate. You should ask Adam for advice on where to get them, and that’s all I’m saying.”

Cade ran from the office.

Please read, enjoy, like and comment.
Thanks :)
Copyright © 2015 Caz Pedroso; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 21
  • Love 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

On 02/15/2015 12:29 PM, Chezakeeba said:
Poor Cade lol So why can't Louis talk? Is he Mute or just choosing not to talk? Soooooo curious!!
Sorry but I am exercising my right to silence :X
Link to comment
On 02/18/2015 03:53 PM, Moku_Sui said:
This is so cute. What happens next??
glad you r enjoying it. But, I am afraid you're just going to have be patient 0:)
Link to comment

Bloody author :P keeping us guessing... I think Louis if hearing impaired... adorable chapter with Cade as a little puppy... Cheers... Gary...

Link to comment
On 08/05/2015 04:32 AM, Headstall said:

Bloody author :P keeping us guessing... I think Louis if hearing impaired... adorable chapter with Cade as a little puppy... Cheers... Gary...

Sorry still :X and as for bloody authors - it takes one to know one!! ;) Thanks

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..