Jump to content
    Caz Pedroso
  • Author
  • 893 Words
  • 2,662 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Let me in - 25. Chapter 25

Cade and Sherry were throwing bread to the ducks on the pond when Cade heard his name being called. He turned to find elder Darrin approaching and after asking Sherry to stay put he moved to meet the man.

“I was told you were looking for me,” Darrin stated when Cade was within hearing distance,

“Yep,” Cade answered, keeping his tone deliberately casual. “Let’s move over here. I need to be in sight of Sherry, but she doesn’t need to hear the conversation.”

When they’d settled on a nearby bench Cade continued speaking without taking his gaze off Sherry.

“As you probably know Louis and I are asking all the elders and their seconds the same questions.” He waited for Darrin to nod. “So, when was the last time you spoke to the press, and what did you speak to them about?”

Darrin was silent to a few moments and Cade thought he was going to refuse to answer, he could smell the man’s nerves.

“I spoke to the press today actually,” Darrin finally said. “I had to deal with the fallout from your appointment as senior elder and the impromptu conference you held this morning.”

“Really,” Cade replied raising an eyebrow. “And how did they contact you?”

Darrin frowned. “On my cell phone. How else would they reach me? I have been out and about on personal business all day.”

“And which cell phone number would that be? Because the one the council records hold for you was turned off all day. Your second tried to reach you for us, then Louis and myself have been calling the number at regular intervals.”

Cade smelt Darrin’s fear hit hard and fast, he had to give the man a lot of credit though, nothing showed in his manner or face.

“I turned my phone on to pick up messages throughout the day. I only responded to few press calls and the calls from my second. I knew I would be finished early enough to find you and Louis then.”

Cade nodded, even if he knew Darrin was lying he could do anything without proof. He didn’t want to spook the man and so after a few more innocent questions he sent the guy on his way.

“He’s very sad,” came Sherry’s voice.

Cade turned to finds the little girl was still facing the lake, ostensibly watching the ducks. He moved to join her.

“What makes you say that little one?”

“I don’t know. I can just sense a sadness in him.”

Cade nodded as he absently ruffled the girl’s hair.

“Hey, you two look deep in thought,” came Louis’ voice.

Cade dropped a kiss on Louis’ lips and pulled him onto a hug.

“We had a visit from Elder Darrin. Seems he has something to hide and is very sad. I think we need to keep an eye on him.” Cade sent the words as well as speaking out loud so as not to leave Sherry out.

Louis agreed, then dropped the subject. They spent a pleasant hour or so playing various games with Sherry. Most of which usually ended up with one of them on the floor with the little girl sitting on them.

***

“Um, there was something that came up today…” Louis started but trailed off. He got into bed but didn’t otherwise move.

Cade frowned at the hesitant tone to his mate’s voice. There had only been a short time they were apart that day. What could have happened to put that worried look on his man’s face?

“What’s wrong, love?”

“Well…you see…I have been researching…um…shifters…and their traditions…” Louis trailed off again.

Cade pulled him more securely into his arms on the bed, so they were facing each other with their legs tangled, and then pulled the covers snuggly around them.

“You know if you want to know anything you can ask me?”

Louis nodded. “I found a book that told me about shifter mating practices. It said somethings about how to be truly bonded mates there has to be…well…let’s just say we need to do more than we’ve already done…” Louis blushed but continued. “It also mentioned a bite.”

Cade nodded slowly and stroked a comforting had down Louis’ back.

“Yes those things would bring us closer as a mated couple. But never think that we are any less mated without them. I wanted to give you time to settle in with me and the community before I overloaded you with more information. Plus we haven’t really had time to think let alone talk since we arrived here.

“Well, we have time now,” Louis sent smiling shyly. Then he surprised Cade by sliding his arms round Cade’s neck and pulling him in for a long slow kiss.

While they were kissing Louis sent, “Of course instead of talking we could be doing other things.” The thoughts were accompanied by some rather detailed images. “The internet is a wonderful research tool.”

Cade growled, he pushed Louis onto his back and loomed over him.

Then a phone started ringing.

“Ignore it,” Louis sent when Cade complained and pulled him down to continue their kisses.

The ringing stopped and immediately Cade’s cell phone started going off. The landline soon joined it and Cade let out a louder growl – of frustration this time instead of pleasure.

Talk about bad timing!

Copyright © 2015 Caz Pedroso; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 14
  • Love 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Do not disturb is a wonderful thing. I think my phone it's set with that about 16 hrs/day.

Text me. If it's important, I'll text or call back. If not, I'm going back to my life, thank you...

  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 7/14/2019 at 6:24 AM, Bears_old_honey said:

Do not disturb is a wonderful thing. I think my phone it's set with that about 16 hrs/day.

Text me. If it's important, I'll text or call back. If not, I'm going back to my life, thank you...

Yep. My phone goes on to do not disturb after I receive my first five texts/calls/messages of the day. sometimes the messages are waiting when I wake up and I don't even bother turning the mode off as I just want a quiet day to concentrate on my work. 

Thank you for commenting and I am so sorry I missed it and didn't reply sooner. :hug: 

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..