Jump to content
    Caz Pedroso
  • Author
  • 1,001 Words
  • 3,019 Views
  • 4 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Let me in - 9. Chapter 9

They were met with pandemonium when they arrived back at the clinic. People were shouting orders and running around, but to Louis it was all silent chaos.

“What’s going on?” he asked Cade.

“Not sure babe. I’ve picked up Jackson’s name and Casey’s but everyone is speaking over each other. It’s hard even for us hearing people to know what’s going on I’m afraid.”

Thane took charge and stopped the next nurse to pass within reach of them.

“What’s all the ruckus about?” he demanded.

Louis turned his gaze onto the nurse to see her reply, “Elder Langman has been hurt, Casey and Jamie are in with him.” She ran off before anyone could question her further.

Cade looked at Louis, “I’d better find jay and Craig to see if they’re okay.” H dropped a kiss on Louis’ cheek before hurrying away.

Louis found his cheeks getting warm as he saw the amused look on Thane’s face.

Louis pulled himself together, “Come on there will be notes at the nurse’s station. We can find out what’s going on from there.”

Thane’s face dropped, “Jackson saved my life once, I would like to know he’s okay. He’s the closest thing I have to family.”

Even though Louis couldn’t hear Thane, he could see the emotion in the man’s face. He reached for his hand and got a shocked look, “Come on let’s see what we can find out.”

Thane allowed Louis to lead him to the nearest nurse’s station. Once there they found Doris sitting tapping away at the computer. Louis projected to both Doris and Thane, “What’s happened to Jackson. We’ve been told he was hurt but not how bad or even how.”

Doris looked up, “Jackson was attacked in the street. All we’ve been told is that he hit his head hard enough to cause a bleed on his brain. One of the visiting psychics is a healer and is working with Casey and Jamie. We are just praying that…”

They were interrupted when the door to a nearby exam room opened and Casey came running out, followed by Jamie, and the visiting psychics. Before the door shut saw Jackson sitting up in bed, he was saying, “What did you tell them…”

Thane tapped his shoulder, “Well it looks like Jackson is okay. You’d better go find your new friend, he said he wanted to check on his friends, and they were in that room.”

Louis nodded and headed down the hallway towards the relative rooms. Cade wasn’t in his room and Louis ran his fingers through his hair in frustration. He had an idea but wasn’t sure if it would work, he had never tested the distance limit of his projection ability.

“Cade can you hear me?” he sent.

Cades surprised voice came back to him, “Is everything okay babe? I didn’t know you could send over distance, that’s so cool.”

“I didn’t know either, but I wanted to try. Your friends were in the exam room with Jackson and are heading back toward their rooms. I thought you would want to know.”

“Thanks, why don’t you meet me at Craig’s room? I would love to introduce you properly to my friends.”

Louis smiled to himself, “Sounds like fun. I’ll meet you there in five.”

***

Cade was sitting on a chair by the bed. Jaydon and Craig had updated him on the death of Basil. He was very grateful that his friends hadn’t suffered more than superficial wounds, he knew however that the psychological wounds would take a long time to heal.

He in turn had told his friends about Louis and their nighttime outing. He had left out any mention of his wolf, he wished he would tell them but he had an agreement with the Witchconspy Council. He had also not said anything about how Louis became deaf and mute. That was Louis’ story if he wished to tell it.

A knock on the door stopped their conversation and Cade sent a thought out to Louis, “Come in babe.”

Louis poked his head round the door and smiled when he saw Cade.

“Come here love,” Cade said out loud for Jaydon and Craig’s benefit, holding out a hand.

Louis moved forward and took the offered hand, his breath huffed out when Cade used his hand to pull him into his lap.

Cade watched as Louis’ face went a cute shade of red as he found he couldn’t move out of Cade’s arms. Cade on the other hand was enjoying the little witch’s wiggling immensely.

“If you keep moving like that you will have something poking you soon,” Cade sent to Louis, who stopped moving immediately.

“You are a cruel man,” Louis accused, but he didn’t try and get up again.

Cade made sure he had Louis sitting at an angle that meant he could see everyone, “Craig you already know, but this is his soon to be husband Jaydon.

Louis nodded to both men, Jaydon was grinning.

“I’m glad Cade finally got what he wanted. He told us how you communicate, will you talk to us?”

Louis reached to include all three men, “Of course, I would like to get to know you all better. And of course if you can tell me anything I can use against this obstinate man I would be in your debt.”

His sentence ended sharply as Cade started to tickle him mercilessly.

***

Louis tried valiantly to catch his breath, but then Cade stopped and lifted him up. He felt himself being dropped onto the bed and Cade dropped down beside him.

He turned fully to see Cade smiling warmly at him. Jaydon and Craig were looking on grinning like fools.

For the first time in years he felt included in a group and he felt so lucky.

Leaning over he kissed Cade, “I love you,” he sent impulsively.

He felt Cade’s elation moments before Cade’s voice whispered in his mind, “I love you too, my mate.”

Please read, enjoy, like and comment.
Thanks smile.png
 
Copyright © 2015 Caz Pedroso; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 17
  • Love 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

It's so cool to read a scene for another story from a different viewpoint. Thanks. I liked this chapter. So sweet that Cade introduced Louis to his friends and called him "mate". Nice touch.

Link to comment
On 03/30/2015 01:57 PM, LadyDe said:
It's so cool to read a scene for another story from a different viewpoint. Thanks. I liked this chapter. So sweet that Cade introduced Louis to his friends and called him "mate". Nice touch.
Yes, I do wonder though if that little slip might come back and bite him in the butt. :whistle: Jay and Craig aren't stupid. Glad you like it so far :)
Link to comment
On 08/05/2015 05:19 AM, Headstall said:

"Mate" awwww... that was nice... Cheers... Gary...

Aw, you're a big softy really, aren't you?? ;)

 

I think Louis needs friends who acept him without questions.

 

:hug:

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..