Jump to content
    Cia
    • Signature Author
  • 1,001 Words
  • 4,351 Views
  • 10 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Never More Lonely - 4. Chapter 4

Pale yellow light is seeping in through the window when I wake up. Owen said he was planning on sleeping in but he's not in bed beside me, he's standing by the window.

I slip from the bed and pad up behind him. Rubbing my face against his shoulder, I give him a tight hug. "Why don't you tell me what's bothering you?"

The urge to hold my breath is hard to overcome as I wait. I start to let him go. His hands come up, trapping mine.

"Stay." His voice is rough and his hands are hard against my wrists.

I freeze, waiting, my heart beating harshly. I wonder if he can feel it against his back.

"I don't want to help you pick out an apartment so you can move away from me."

"Owen." I bang my head against his shoulder. "I never planned to move away from you. I wanted you to come with me to pick our new place. Maybe somewhere a little farther out of the city and closer to the scrub you love so much."

He turns and stares hard into my eyes. "Really?"

"Yes, you big idiot. Do you really think I would move all this way to not be with you? Have you lost your ability to actually talk to me away from the computer screen? Why didn't you say something last night?"

Owen let me go, one hand going up to rub at his head. "I don't know."

"Well that's really fucking stupid." My voice rises. "I told you before; I'm not going anywhere now that I'm here, not unless you're coming to."

"You're going to manage a whole office, Cooper. You were a suit to work; I wear jeans and a hard hat."

I roll my eyes. "You run more people on your job-site in your jeans and hardhat than I do in my office. Do you think I care if you're the boss of a bunch of chippies? You could wear a white shirt and sit in your work trailer; I know you could. You choose to get out there and work with your guys. I admire that." I knew exactly what was bothering Owen now, and I wasn't about to let him keep thinking he was inferior in any way.

I take a step closer, pushing my erection against him. "Besides, do you know how hot your body is? And it's all from hard work, not fake muscle gained at the gym." My heart is racing again.

Owen's hands come up and pull me hard against him. I shudder as the underside of my cock slides up and down as his hands flex.

"That so?"

"Yes," I gasp. "Now, are you going to fuck me so we can shower and meet the real estate agent on time?"

His hands grab my ass. "Hell yeah."

***

We're a little late but not too much. It isn't even because of the hot, sweaty sex where Owen showed exactly how happy he was that I'd figured out why he was being an idiot and told him off. We were late because he found out that the area we were heading to was near a trail he loved hiking.

I'd pulled out slacks and a button up shirt, thinking to make a good impression on the agent. As soon as Owen started talking about this huge rock at the top of the hill that had a view of not just one, but three different mountains, I hung them up and grabbed some jeans and a polo. I didn't have hiking boots but Owen said tennis shoes would work as he pulled on a dark red polo that hugged his wide shoulders.

"It's an easy trail," he'd reassured me.

I tugged him down for a kiss. "You know, you're even hotter in person. The computer just didn't do your shoulders justice." I gripped them and gave him a squeeze.

The temptation was too strong, so we left the apartment. Picking up Owen's camping gear from the storage area, along with a spare backpack for me, we loaded up with a few essentials. Then we sped off for the real estate agent. Owen's crazy driving got us there just a few minutes late, though my knuckles were white on the door handle when he cut off a semi truck.

"One piece, I'm shocked." My voice is shaky.

"Oh, you're fine. Don't be a wuss."

I ignore his jibe.

Several of the small houses our agent shows us could be good, but Owen and I can't seem to fall in love with any of them.

"How about I show you a few more tomorrow?" Sarah says. "I have two places with open houses, and if you're willing to move even farther out, I might have just what you're looking for."

"I don't mind," I say. "Owen?"

He shakes his head. "I don't mind. Besides, I'm hungry."

We shake Sarah's hand. She takes off in her car for her next appointment and we head over to a grocery store and pick up one of those deli chicken lunch deals.

I enjoy walking through the scrub with Owen. He points out plants that he knows and once a rabbit that froze when we did, waiting to see if we were predators.

Standing on top of the massive gray rock, the view is more incredible than I'd imagined. Owen stands behind me as I brace one arm against the rock. I lean into him.

We climb back down for lunch. The air is warm and Owen packed a blanket. I enjoy the sun baking down on my face until a shadow blocks it.

I look around but we are still alone. I pull Owen down on top of me.

He rolls until I'm on top. He kisses me. "Thank you."

"For what?"

"For coming here, being with me."

I lick at his lips and say, "You're welcome," just to make him shut up. "Now, kiss me again."

Copyright © 2012 Cia; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 25
  • Love 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

All your chapters are over a thousand words. You're cheating. LOL

Another great chapter. I'm reading this at work. Don't tell anyone.

Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
On 10/11/2012 02:52 AM, Mann Ramblings said:
All your chapters are over a thousand words. You're cheating. LOL

Another great chapter. I'm reading this at work. Don't tell anyone.

Perfidy! Slander! Nuh-uh!!! :P Actually, GA Stories seems to add words. If you looked at this chapter in word, even with the *** mark to indicate a bit of a scene break, this has 999 words. I was up til 11:30 paring things down to make sure of it last night, lol. (Okay, I had to double check this, I was tired last night!!)

 

 

I'm so glad you enjoyed the chapter Mann! Thanks for reviewing. Don't get busted at work, lol, as much as I enjoy the fact that you're reading my stuff.

Link to comment

Men are so silly! I am glad the goobers got back on track. They are such a sweet couple. I love the fact that they are a matched set yet they are quite different. I had a thought while I was reading this... Do you have any more Carthera stories in the future? I have read all the other ones and need more imput!!! As always, you are wonderful.

Link to comment

See, I knew Coop meant for the BOTH of them to find a place! lol Gee, and all Owen had to do was ask, but no, instead he spends a sleepless night fighting anxiety.

 

Glad they got all the misunderstandings cleared up! :)

Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
On 10/11/2012 05:04 AM, jadelilac said:
Awww....hug.gif love them! Glad they're back on track. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
Thanks! I'm so glad you're enjoying the story!
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
On 10/11/2012 07:50 AM, Carrie76 said:
Men are so silly! I am glad the goobers got back on track. They are such a sweet couple. I love the fact that they are a matched set yet they are quite different. I had a thought while I was reading this... Do you have any more Carthera stories in the future? I have read all the other ones and need more imput!!! As always, you are wonderful.
Yeah, they can be. Talking about emotions, riiiiight! I will have more Carthera stories in the future; I'm just swamped with projects. I'll get back to them, sometime, I swear! Thanks so much for reading, and for commenting, Carrie!
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
On 10/12/2012 09:43 AM, Lisa said:
See, I knew Coop meant for the BOTH of them to find a place! lol Gee, and all Owen had to do was ask, but no, instead he spends a sleepless night fighting anxiety.

 

Glad they got all the misunderstandings cleared up! :)

Of course! Owen so should have asked!! But he is a man and they're sort of maschostic it that way. LOL Thanks for the review Lisa.
Link to comment

I seem to be all out of "likes", so I´ll just tell you that I like this story :thumbup: Owen and Cooper are such a lovely couple, glad they managed to clear the little misunderstanding and go house hunting together.

Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
On 06/06/2014 07:08 PM, Suvitar said:
I seem to be all out of "likes", so I´ll just tell you that I like this story :thumbup: Owen and Cooper are such a lovely couple, glad they managed to clear the little misunderstanding and go house hunting together.
I didn't want the main part of the story to be all about their miscommunication. They are adults, after all. I'm so glad you're liking the story, and thanks so much for the reviews--they're better than likes anyway. :D
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..