Jump to content
    comicfan
  • Author
  • 4,729 Words
  • 3,348 Views
  • 18 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Sleeping Beauty Surprise - 1. Sleeping Beauty Surprise

The idea began for this story as a prompt but rapidly I took it beyond its parameters. That is one thing about the prompts, they give you an idea to start with and off you run. So here is a new take on a classic tale. Welcome to the world of Once Upon A Time, where curses and princes live side by side with Fairies and long sleeps. Welcome to Sleeping Beauty as you have never read it before.

Once upon a time in a far away kingdom sat a beautiful Queen embroidering a handkerchief for her husband. She sat looking out the open window as the snow fell and spotted three of the kingdoms Fairies playing in the breeze. Captivated she lost track of what she was doing and stabbed her delicate finger with the sharp needle. A large drop of blood pooled at the wound and she turned her finger to the snowy window pane and let the drop fall. It glistened red and bright against the pure white snow. Looking out to the Fairies she called out to them in prayer.

“With blood of my own I beg of thee, a child. For far too long we have wished for one and only ask for the chance to share our love with a child.”

The three Fairies heard her prayer and a discussion followed between them.

The Queen had turned to take care of her wound and when she glanced back the Fairies were gone and so was the snow with her blood.

Early the next morning a small draught arrived with a note.

“Your Royal Highness, Drink this and see to your King. This is our gift to you for your ruby.”

Nearly nine months to the day, the Queen gave birth. The King in gratitude announced there would be a royal party in a month’s time and all the Fairies of the realm were to be invited.

Learning there were twelve Fairies he had gifts made of the finest wood, silver, and rubies for them. There were glasses, jewelry, and even wands created for the Fairies of the land.

On the appointed day each of the Fairies were seated at a special table and when the time arrived that the Queen brought forth the new heir to the throne all bowed. The Fairies stood in a kaleidoscope of colors chatting and laughing while the human guests sat and watched this rare event. One after another the Fairies approached the babe and granted a boon to the child.

“May you be beautiful,” granted Allura, who was dressed in deepest purple and white. She was the oldest and dressed always to remind people of the spring iris.

“May you be kind,” was the gift of Samuelus, who rarely showed up for anything but always had a kind word when found. He seemed to cut an almost human figure in his dark blue outfit but the robin blue eyes and hair marked him as other worldly.

“May you be intelligent,” stated Frostina in a gown of deepest red, who kept trying to tuck a wayward strand of dark hair behind her ear.

“May you commune with animals,” commented Markus as he laughed seeing the babe’s face, his tall figure was hard to miss when he became human sized.

And so the gifts continued through the many Fairies who had arrived. The babe was given the gifts of curiosity, understanding, patience, diligence, knowledge of healing, empathy, and even horticulture. The last Fairy had just stood and was making his way toward the child when a great wind entered the room. It blew out the candles and flames in the fireplaces. It swept the leaves in from outside and knocked guests off their feet.

Into this turmoil floated a large black bubble that slowly settled down before the King and popped. Left in its wake stood a dark Fairy. She was beautiful to behold in a sort of terrible way. Raven dark tresses flowed down her back nearly hiding her black form fitting dress. Her pale skin shimmered in the late afternoon sunshine accentuating her otherworldly beauty as she strode across the leave covered floor to the King. The small tiara she wore with the large amethyst stone made her look strangely regal standing before the King.

“Your Highness,” she smiled as she faced him. Mockingly she bowed, pulling her huge staff down so it aimed at him as she did.

“Demona,” King Philip whispered as his heart skipped a beat.

“I heard you were having a party for the birth of your heir. I’m sure my invite was lost.”

The Fairies whispered among themselves. After a hurried conversation a few moved toward the Queen, others toward the King.

“I didn’t think you,” began the King stopping to swallow as his mouth went dry, “would want to come.”

“To a royal party? You should know your majesty I never miss a party, unless I am kept away,” Demona smiled wickedly. “Even then I may show up to give a gift, even if one has not been made for me.” She pointedly looked at the table where the fine gifts had been laid out for the twelve Fairies currently rushing to stand between Demona and the royal family.

The Queen quickly wrapped the baby in swaddling and attempted to move toward the doors.

“Queen Alicia, I have yet to give your child my gift.”

The Queen froze in fear. Before she could recover and move to safety Demona stood before her. The Queen could not look away from her deep violet eyes or the blood red lips that smiled so menacingly at her newborn child.

“My dearest child, so it shall be that all the gifts given to you shall come to pass. You shall be as jewel I am sure to all who see you and to all you interact with. However, your parents have wronged me by not inviting me to your party dear child. So I grant you this, on your sixteenth birthday when the entire world would find you an adult you shall encounter a needle and like your mother prick your finger. From that prick you shall die and they will mourn you till they follow you to their graves.”

With her final word she touched the child and a bright red light filled the room which a moment later was swallowed into darkness. When light returned to the room Demona was gone.

Queen Alicia collapsed to the floor weeping as she held her child close to her bosom.

“Find Demona. Have her brought before me to end this curse!” roared King Philip. The royal guards immediately swept out of the room and attempted to go in search of the dark Fairy.

The twelve Fairies quickly rushed around setting what they could to rights again. Allura and Frostina appeared before King Philip.

“Your Majesty, you will never find Demona. She is found only if she wishes it. Your men will only be hurt or killed,” began Frostina as gently as she could

“Gracious Frostina, what am I to do?”

Frostina stood and bowed her head in thought.

“There is one here who has yet to bestow their gift,” Allura stated softly.

“You mean they can undo it?”

“No,” stated Allura and Frostina together. Silence fell until finally the soft sounds of boots on the stone floor could be heard approaching King Phillip.

“No, I cannot undo Demona’s curse,” stated Kaceem as he stepped forward in his cloak of leaves. He was dressed in fall colors of brown, orange, and yellow. His flaming red hair and topaz eyes made him stand out even amongst the many colorful Fairies in the court.

“Then what can you do?” pleaded the King.

Kaceem looked down for a moment. The other Fairies stopped trying to comfort the Queen and rushed to Kaceem’s side. For a moment he was lost from view as the Fairies conversed.

“Your Majesty I can no more undo Demona’s curse than she could undo any of the gifts granted. In fact, part of her curse insures all the gifts given come to fruition. “

“Then we are doomed.”

“I may not be able to undo her curse, Lord Philip, but I am able to alter it somewhat. Please, bring the child before me.”

Gently as possible the Fairies took the babe from Queen Alicia’s arms. The baby was set down in the middle of the table that had been set aside for the Fairies.

“Little Prince, I cannot undo what Demona has given you but I can alter it. Dear prince you shall grow and be the treasure your parents and the kingdom have always wanted. On your sixteenth birthday you shall prick your finger, but you shall not die. Instead you shall fall into a deep sleep. The sleep shall extend to all you know and would have mourned your passing. This sleep shall last until you are woken again by love’s true kiss.”

King Philip issued a royal decree that all clothing, bedding, and anything else that required a needle would now be brought into the kingdom from outside sources. There were to be no needles or spindles left within the kingdom to protect the born heir from the curse.

Time passed and the prince grew into the many gifts he had been given. He was a handsome youth who took pride in learning. There was never a cross word from him and everyone loved him. He never had a cross word for anyone and he was always willing to help or do what he could for others. People often sought his assistance when dealing with crops or animals. The kingdom grew wealthy from a plethora of fruits and vegetables being exported. The only true import was clothing and the like.

“Mother, may I ask a question of you?”

“Of course, my son,” said Queen Alicia as she sat reading a book.

“Why don’t we simply make our own cloth and clothing? I am sure it would be much cheaper and with so many of the skilled people in our kingdom; I am sure it wouldn’t take long to learn.”

“It is a good idea. You turn sixteen tomorrow, so why don’t you bring that idea before your father. I am sure after tomorrow night he will be more than happy to consider it.”

Queen Alicia smiled as she watched her son think on her answer. All she cared about was keeping him safe for one more evening and then they would have beaten the curse. Then, and only then, would the skills she once knew be again put to good use. Soon they would be able to make their own cloth again.

“Thank you, Mother. I will bring it to Father’s attention tomorrow then.”

The Queen watched her son as he stood up and walked across the room to stand by the window. She knew her son was beautiful. His dark brown hair fell in waves around his head. He was as kind and thoughtful as anyone in the kingdom. All who met him simply loved him. She kept hoping some maiden would catch his eye, but her son stayed as chaste as the day he was born.

One more day is all that is left. We can all watch over you for one more day and then Demona’s curse will have failed.

Early the next morning, Prince Stuart was up and exploring the castle. He was always hoping to find something new and exciting. In fact, last year he had discovered a secret passage that lead from the Royal Throne Room to the King’s Private Parlor. He later learned that way had been forgotten at the time of his grandfather’s reign.

“I just need something exciting to happen today. After all, it is my birthday,” Prince Stuart told a passing bird. The bird swung past again to warble a few notes wishing the Prince a good day.

He was just starting to climb the old stairs near the back of the palace to go join his parents for breakfast when he heard an odd sound. The longer he stood listening to the noise, the more it peaked his curiosity. Eventually he found an old door tucked into the corner that led to a large room behind it. Entering the room, Stuart soon found the sound increased till he noticed a few stones that didn’t quite fit right into the wall. He pushed on them and part of the wall swung out.

“Finally, I have an adventure of sorts. This will be a birthday to remember.”

Entering the gap behind the wall Stuart followed the sounds till he finally came to beautiful woman sitting in a room. She kept moving and twisting wool around which captivated Stuart.

“Excuse me, Ma’am, but what are you doing?”

The strange woman looked up and he noticed the dark violet eyes that flashed at him.

“Why my dear young man, I am simply making the thread that I will weave to make cloth. I don’t believe, however, that you are supposed to be here.”

The woman smiled at Stuart. Stuart looked around the room to hide his embarrassment. There was a large fireplace in the corner and bed near it. The large space the woman sat in held a spinning wheel, a stool and a large chair was set near the window. The room may have been hidden away but it seemed very comfortable.

“Well I can go anywhere I like. Besides as of today I am an adult,” said Stuart trying hard to sound like the adult most people were expecting to find.

“I see,” said the strange woman kindly. “Today must be your sixteenth birthday then if you are an adult.”

The Prince smiled widely and nodded. He was fascinated as she picked up some of the material she had already wove and sat down to sew it carefully together.

“Might I try to do that?” Prince Stuart asked shyly.

The woman smiled and nodded. She handed over the material and watched as Stuart clumsily tried to sew.

Finally noticing he had missed some stitches he reached to grab the needle and it slipped pricking his forefinger. The blood pooled and Stuart looked at it for a moment. He felt suddenly very sleepy. Barely able to walk, he stumbled toward the bed set in the corner of the room. He collapsed onto the bed and his breathing slowed down more and more. As his eyes closed tightly the woman stood and cackled.

“So it took a while child, but now my curse shall be fulfilled.”

Demona stood and watched, but noticed the boy only slept.

“So they managed to alter my curse,” she muttered. “Very well, I can’t undo or remake my own curse but I can gift you something new dear boy. After all, it is your birthday!

She walked over to the window where she saw people collapsing into a deep sleep in the courtyard. Her eyes narrowed in anger as she thought. Then she turned around cast a small spell. The room rose, through stone and mortar to till it reached the highest point of the tower. Then she looked out over the kingdom and smiled again.

“To you dear boy I grant this final gift. I surround whatever magic may have gifted you this sleep. Within a snare of vines and roses that will rip out throats, ensnare limbs, and cause painful deaths shall sit this kingdom forever more. None shall pass and you shall rot till not even your names will be remembered. This is my last gift to you.”

With those final words she tossed a small metal rose into the air. It seemed to float gently and carry far out to the very edge of the kingdom before drifting to the ground. As soon as it touched the soil the rose blossomed and wild vines and rose bushes shot out for miles in all directions. The well traveled roads that lead to and from the kingdom were swallowed up by the thick mass of Demona’s curse.

Once she seen that her curse had been fulfilled she turned one last time to the prince.

“Your father should have been mine but he chose another instead. He then scorned me again at your birth child. I never forget an injustice done to me and I never forgive. Sleep well oh beauteous one, for none shall ever find you.”

Demona lifted her staff and once more her black bubble surrounded her. She drifted out of the castle and forever out of the kingdom, secure that her final gift would see to the death of them all.

Kaceem slowly entered the room and shook his head. He alone suspected that Demona would attempt to over-ride his gift to the child. He had heard her final curse of the living forest that would keep everyone out including the one who would prove to be Prince Stuart’s true love.

“She really does know how to screw up someone’s day,” he sighed as he walked over to where Stuart lay across the bed.

“Again dear child, I cannot undo her curse, only soften it. As Demona has granted you a gift for your birthday so shall I. Sleep you shall and all those with you, but you shall not rot. Even if you sleep for a hundred years it will age you at most a year or two at most. For those with you time shall not touch but there will be gentle changes to you. Outside the thorny mess I leave a message on a sword. Only your true love may lift the sword and then all will be returned to life when they kiss you. Your story will be remembered so always someone will come to test the edges of Demona’s curse.” Having done what he could Kaceem vanished in a swirl of leaves.

The years passed and the forest of vines and roses kept anyone from approaching. Those who tried vanished in the dangerous area that surrounded the kingdom. Many read the note on the sword that spoke of a sleeping beauty deep within who waited for love’s true kiss to awaken them. Eventually time wore on and it became the stuff of legend. At least it would have stayed that way if not for one very upset father who was also a king.

“Look, Matt, I am not asking for the world. You are twenty two years old now. I think you should find a mate.” King Lou stalked across the room toward his son.

“Father, how many times do I have to tell you, I don’t want any of the various women you keep trying to set me up with.”

“Matthew I don’t care if you find a knight at this point. I want you to marry someone.”

Matthew shook his head. He knew his father wasn’t serious but it was the first time he wished he was. Women held no appeal for him but a man did.

“Look, everyone knows the story of the Sleeping Beauty. She lies at the top of a castle waiting for a prince to come and kiss her. That story has been around since your great grandfather. The sword with the story still sits next to one of the most dangerous areas in all of the great kingdoms. They say only her true love will be able to pull the sword. Why don’t you go there on a quest? Whatever you do, don’t actually enter that forest, but we can tell everyone you tried. Grants you hero status my boy and then I can finally chose you a mate.”

I’d rather walk into that forest and die than marry someone I don’t want.

“Father what if I do manage to get into the forest and the castle. Should I abandon the one who sleeps inside?”

“My boy, if you can get inside I promise you that I will whole heartily agree to you marrying the one you find inside.”

“Father, as a lark would you put that in writing?”

“Matt, are you seriously taking up the quest?”

“Yes, I will search for this Sleeping Beauty,” stated Matthew. I'd rather die before l marry the girl at the top or be killed in the forest. Why can't I marry who I like?

King Lou laughed. “Fine, bring in the court scribe. I’ll have it announced that if you find the Sleeping Beauty you may marry them.”

The following day Prince Matthew left with his horse and a squire. He rode for a week, stopping rarely and the squire kept pace at his side. The silence between them had continued till Squire Rustle could take no more.

“Your Highness, are you alright?”

“I’m fine, Rustle.”

“You don’t seem fine.”

“Well, I either find my true love or I don’t plan to go back, Rustle.”

“I see.” Rustle pondered what Prince Matthew had said.

The silence might have fallen again between them if Rustle hadn’t spoken up.

“I know you are heading to the Castle of the Sleeping Beauty.”

“Yes, that I am.”

“You do know if we turn on this path we go straight to the sword. You can be there in an hour.” Rustle pointed to a small trail just ahead of the prince.

“How do you know where the sword is, Rustle?”

“I actually grew up out here. I wasn’t born in your kingdom but I eventually I sort of found my way there. I grew hearing about the castle and the sword my whole life. Before I entered into the service of you and your father I made a pilgrimage out to the sword. I couldn’t budge it but it sits there in the ground with the story of the Sleeping Beauty carved on its blade.”

“You mean the sword is real?”

“Yes. Isn’t that why you came all the way out here?”

“I heard that the forest was real.”

“Oh,” was all Rustle could think to say.

It seemed as if no time at all had passed till they arrived at the sword. Prince Matthew kneeled down and read the story on the sword. He wanted to cry that this beauty was never named and could have been nearly anyone. He stood up and nearly fell from being crouched so long that he reached for the sword to steady himself and it came loose at his touch.

“You are the one,” stated Rustle as he watched Matthew in amazement.

“Bloody hell. I never planned to be the one who did anything. I was coming here to end my problems, not make new ones!”

He lifted the sword at the wall of vines and roses to toss it deep into its center. However, like the magic that created the forest and the sword, something unexpected happened. A bright yellow light shot out of the sword and a clear path was cut straight through the vines to edge of an actual street over two miles in.

Squire Rustle walked over and grabbed the reigns of both horses before walking over to Prince Matthew.

“Shall we go, Sire?”

“I guess we have no choice,” Matthew said sadly.

The two walked over the uneven pathway till they arrived at an old fashioned roadway. As they walked they found people asleep everywhere. There was a man slumped over a fence, buckets lay empty on their sides at his feet. A few feet further away a woman lay in the roadway with her washings under her head. They found a baker face down in a load of dough in one store as they entered the edge of the royal palace.

“Your highness, this is really odd,” said Rustle at the complete silence. He noted two guards who seemed to have fallen asleep during a game of cards, while a third seemed to have fallen sleep urinating against a wall.

“Rustle, stay here with the horses. I am going to see if I can find this Sleeping Beauty.”

He stood and looked at the many ways into the castle but felt drawn to the doorway in the back. He began to go toward it as he heard Rustle call after him.

“Just be careful, Sire. I don’t want to have to explain an accident to your father.”

Prince Matthew made his away all around the castle till he found a door way near the back. Entering it he was unnerved by a strange black rug that seemed to travel from the back door and in up through the door to the castle tower.

The Prince marched off into a mass of dark black waves and began climbing the staircases. He followed the odd rug up stairways, across rooms, and always it went up. Beginning to feel a bit tired, Prince Matthew was surprised when it finally came to a stop. He knew he was at the end when he found the rug was actually hair and the person it was attached to was asleep on the bed in the corner.

Leaning over the bed he was surprised to find not a maiden but young handsome man. There was still no hair on the young man’s face but he had long dark lashes and his skin was silky smooth. Matthew looked at the pale skin and delicate pink lips. Unable to stop himself he leaned down and kissed the sleeping man before him.

Seconds later there was a quick intake of breath and Stuart opened his eyes. The first thing he saw upon awakening was Matthew sitting beside him holding his hand. Smiling at the handsome man before him Stuart began to rub the sleep from his eyes.

“I think I have been waiting a while for you to arrive,” joked Stuart.

“I think you may have been waiting a long, long time,” said Matthew with a smile.

Stuart began to sit up and then felt the weight of all his hair.

“I think I need a haircut.” Stuart noticed the long waves of hair that traveled off the bed and out of the doorway.

“Well the sword might not be the best way but,” Matthew paused grabbing the silky mass in his hands and neatly cutting through it, “this is better than nothing.”

“Hey, where did you come from? Guards we have an intruder,” came the voice of an angry soldier from way down below.

“I think your people have found my squire. Honest, the poor lad is going to get into trouble.”

“Hmm, I wish we could have had a bit more time, but I think we should go save him then.” Stuart reached out his hand and Matthew helped him to stand.

“It is the right thing to do,” said Matthew as he leaned in and kissed Stuart again. The two young men smiled and looked lovingly into each other's eyes.

The two men carefully walked down the stairs trying not to slip in the mass of Stuart's hair. They soon sorted out the guards and Rustle. It took a while for the kingdom to fully wake up. King Phillip and Queen Alicia were surprised to find that their son’s true love was another prince. Although it was not what they had expected they were happy to see their son truly happy. After arrangements were made, Stuart and Matthew headed back to see Matthew’s father, King Lou. Surprised to find that the Sleeping Beauty was actually Prince Stuart, King Lou had little choice but to uphold his royal proclamation that Matthew could marry the Sleeping Beauty. Matthew had no real desire to run his father’s kingdom and left it to his younger brother, Mikie.

Matthew and Stuart were married and lived at the court of King Phillip and Queen Alicia. When the two monarchs passed on Matthew and Stuart ruled on in their place. The kingdom soon was a paradise, but what else would you expect of two men blessed by Fairies?

I dedicate this tale to those who mean so much to me. As you read I'm sure some of you might find yourself. I hope no one is offended. So that is my twisted take on an old fairy tale. What did you think? Comments are always greatly welcomed. If you enjoyed my tale feel free to leave a happy point too. Thank you.
Copyright © 2011 comicfan; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 9
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Interesting take. I did notice an extra "of" in the following sentence however:

 

"Learning there were twelve Fairies he had gifts of made of the finest wood, silver, and rubies for them."

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 09/15/2011 12:59 AM, Daddydavek said:
Interesting take. I did notice an extra "of" in the following sentence however:

 

"Learning there were twelve Fairies he had gifts of made of the finest wood, silver, and rubies for them."

Thank you Dave. Didn't catch it till just now. Glad you liked it.
  • Like 1
Link to comment

:2thumbs::hug:

I bet I say this for EVERYONE who you named and/or referred to in the story, Thank you! ^_^

 

It sure WAS an interesting take on the fairy tale. Really liked how you twisted and turned things. :D

 

**goes back to dreaming about the Red gown**

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 09/15/2011 01:50 AM, Frostina said:
:2thumbs::hug:

I bet I say this for EVERYONE who you named and/or referred to in the story, Thank you! ^_^

 

It sure WAS an interesting take on the fairy tale. Really liked how you twisted and turned things. :D

 

**goes back to dreaming about the Red gown**

I'm glad you liked it Frosty. I'm just hoping some of the others mentioned will eventually read it and notice I made comments or characters of them. I do like to make things interesting.
  • Like 1
Link to comment

Awesome! I love new twist on an old classic and this is well done. I reconized just about everyone in there but is Demona your evil boss that makes you miserable and has you work late? Hehe :P

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 09/15/2011 10:52 AM, K.C. said:
Awesome! I love new twist on an old classic and this is well done. I reconized just about everyone in there but is Demona your evil boss that makes you miserable and has you work late? Hehe :P
No, Demona is just a creation. I needed someone evil and though a name was suggested to me, I felt I would simply play it safe. :)
  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator

Me likes it. Me won't poke holes in it. I be queen!! :cool:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 09/15/2011 12:21 PM, Cia said:
Me likes it. Me won't poke holes in it. I be queen!! :cool:
LOL. Well Cia, you are a Queen. If anyone was going to poke holes in my work I'd never complain if it was you. I am glad you enjoyed it.
  • Like 1
Link to comment

Very interesting Comic so glad you gave Stuart such long flowing hair maybe he'll quit nagging about mine :lmao:

 

That was really cool Comic an enjoyable read indeed. :hug:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 09/18/2011 05:09 AM, Mark92 said:
Very interesting Comic so glad you gave Stuart such long flowing hair maybe he'll quit nagging about mine :lmao:

 

That was really cool Comic an enjoyable read indeed. :hug:

I may have given him long flowing hair but his gets cut anyway. :lol: Glad you enjoyed it Mark.
  • Like 1
Link to comment

Cute story XD! I was laughing when I read Frosty name :P

 

And then, it was Mark and Stu :lol: I don't think I recognised the others...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 09/18/2011 06:13 AM, Elezbed said:
Cute story XD! I was laughing when I read Frosty name :P

 

And then, it was Mark and Stu :lol: I don't think I recognised the others...

King Lou (Lugh), Queen Alicia (Cia), Fairy Samuel (Sam/Bugeye), Markus (Mark), Prince Stuart (Stu), Fairy Frostina (Frosty), Squire Rustle (Rustle), Kaceem (KC_Grim) are the counter parts. Glad you enjoyed my tale Ele.
  • Like 1
Link to comment

Well I cant say I know any other the people portrayed in this tale

but that in no way detracts from the imaginative work you have so

skilfully weaved together, love it even though I knew what was going

to happen I still felt this urge to continue till it's conclusion Thank You... ;)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 10/05/2011 02:42 PM, mr curiosus said:
Well I cant say I know any other the people portrayed in this tale

but that in no way detracts from the imaginative work you have so

skilfully weaved together, love it even though I knew what was going

to happen I still felt this urge to continue till it's conclusion Thank You... ;)

I might have named the characters after different people here on GA but even without knowing that it was still a retelling of Sleeping Beauty. Glad you enjoyed it. Just didn't see this when you posted it. Sorry it took so long to respond.
  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 10/28/2012 02:48 AM, Slytherin said:
A fairytale with a twist - I really liked it :)
Thank you. I never do exactly as you expect when I redo the fairy tales. Nice to know someone enjoyed it.
  • Like 1
Link to comment

I love your take on this classic tale. It happens to be one of my favorites. I believe you have do the tale justice.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 12/22/2014 06:03 PM, lmoline said:
I love your take on this classic tale. It happens to be one of my favorites. I believe you have do the tale justice.
Thank you Imoline. I really enjoy my fairy tales and go back to them often. I've taken a stab at most of the best known and a few others as time or ideas strike me. I've done them straight with gay characters on the side, lesbians, and gay men. Real life is just as wild. Glad you enjoyed it. :)
  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..