Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Void In My Heart - 15. FIRST STING OF LOVE

Days passed by and soon the big day came when Meg was to be free of crutches. Catherine, Joey and Felix were present at the hospital and waiting for Meg to come out of the room. The door opened and Catherine’s eyes welled up with tears as she saw her younger sister standing without the crutches. She ran and hugged her “Oh my little sister. I cannot tell you how happy I am for you. This is a new beginning for you.” “Your sister is strong, isn’t she?” Meg smiled as Catherine nodded.

Felix and Joey hugged her as well and they were equally happy to see her walking without crutches. Doctor came outside and said “This girl has made rapid progress and I am happy with the results. Though, make sure she doesn’t put too much stress on her legs for at least two weeks. That includes no running.” “Sure, we will take care of that” Catherine thanked the doctor as they came out of the hospital. She hugged Felix and thanked him. “It is only because of your efforts that Meg is able to walk again. Thank you so much Felix.”

“Well, you should not forget to give credit to her will power. She is a brave girl” he smiled at Meg.

Felix and Catherine walked ahead of Joey and Meg. “I am so happy for you. Two weeks and we will have a race, what say?” Joey smiled at his best friend. “Yeah and there is no doubt about who is going to lose the race” she smirked at Joey who just shrugged.

Meanwhile, Catherine wanted to know when Meg can be released from the center. “Felix, how much time will it take? I want to take her home as soon as possible. Mom and Dad will be so happy to see her. I haven’t told them yet as I want to surprise them,” Catherine beamed with joy.

“Well, now she has absolutely no reason to be at the center. She can walk without any support and I see a drastic difference between the girl who came to this center and the one who will be leaving this center. I will meet Dr. Reeves once we reach the center. Till then, you can spend time with Meg at the center. I am sure you girls have a lot to catch up” Felix smiled.

They reached the parking area and from there, Felix took all of them to the center. Though Joey was chatting with Meg, but his entire focus was on Felix. He stole a few glances at the doctor. After reaching the center, Catherine accompanied Meg to her dorm, while Joey went to his dorm. Felix parked the car and proceeded to Dr. Reeves’ office. After a brief discussion, Dr. Reeves gave him some papers which were to be handed over to Catherine. Felix called up Catherine and informed her that she can take Meg home the next day.

“Hey sweetheart, I have great news for you. Felix just called me up and told that I can take you home tomorrow. Together, we will surprise Mom and Dad,” Catherine smiled. Though Meg was happy that she will soon be meeting her parents and leaving the center, yet she was concerned about Joey who would be lonely without her. “At least I can expect a little enthusiasm from my little sister,” Catherine looked at Meg.

“I am glad that I will be going home tomorrow. It’s just that I am feeling a bit nostalgic about the center. After all, I have many memories attached to this place” Meg replied.

“Yes, I can understand. It’s been a long wait for all of us, especially for you. Thanks to Felix, you are alright now and tomorrow we will be leaving for home. He is not only a good person but a great friend one can have. I wish him all the happiness with love of his life” Catherine suddenly stopped saying anything further and closed her eyes. “Damn! Why couldn’t I keep this to myself,” she closed her eyes as Meg was shocked to hear what her sister just said.

“Love of his life?” she asked her sister who was red faced as if she had committed some horrendous mistake.

“Shhh. Don’t tell it to anyone, or Felix would hate me for it. He hasn’t proposed her yet, but soon he will. She is about to come to the center and if anyone spills the beans, then it might spoil the big surprise Felix has been planning for weeks” Catherine asked Meg to keep it to herself.

“Okay, I won’t tell anyone but I am surprised. I mean, I have never seen any girl visiting him here at the center” deep down Meg was feeling bad for Joey who had already started falling in love with the doctor. She knew that this news will shatter his heart and she feared the consequences of it.

“Well, it’s a long story. All I can tell you is the she has completed her studies in London and soon, she will be coming here. I am so happy for Felix. He deserves all the happiness in the world” Catherine was so happy while Meg was caught in an emotional tussle. She was unable to decide whether she should tell this news to Joey or not. “Okay, I am going to meet Felix and you better start with the packing. We will be leaving tomorrow morning. Remember, keep that secret to you” she kissed her cheek and left.

Meg knew that the truth would be bitter for Joey, but she had to disclose it before he starts expecting more from the doctor. She got afraid at first, but then realized that it was necessary for Joey to face the reality. She immediately called him.

“Hey, I thought you had forgotten me after your sister came here” Joey remarked.

“Come on! You are my best friend. Listen, I need to meet you before lunch” Meg said.

“You sound too serious. Is everything okay with you?” Joey asked as she replied “I just need to tell you something. Meet me at the garden behind the boy’s dorm” her voice choked as she hung up the phone.

Joey wondered what it might be and rushed to the garden. Soon, Meg came there, walking slowly. “You scared me. Tell me what it is” Joey asked her smiling and wiping sweat off his forehead.

“Tomorrow, I am leaving the center. Dr. Reeves has granted me permission to go home” she said as tears welled up in her eyes.

“Wow! I am glad to hear that. Now I won’t have to listen to your incessant rants” he giggled.

“How rude is that!” Meg lightly punched him as he replied “you know I was kidding. I am going to miss you a lot. You have been one true friend and my greatest support here. Without you, I wouldn’t have realized that one has to move on , even if life plays unfair with you and …” he stopped and smiled to himself. “And?” Meg looked at him.

“And you also made me realize that I have fallen in love with Felix” Joey beamed with joy. He came forward and hugged Meg whose worst fear came true. “Meg! I cannot tell you how happy I am feeling. I was wondering for weeks what was happening to me. Your words shook the idiot in me and I realized that I not only like him, but I love him as well.”

He leaned back and then said “hey, don’t cry. You have always been a strong girl and even though, I will miss you but I am glad that you will be going home.”

“I told you he is straight. Then, why did you choose a path at the end of which you will get only pain?” she asked Joey who was calm and said “I know you warned me, but it just happened. I told myself a hundred times to be just friends with him, but with each passing day, I feel even more close to him. I don’t know what lies at the end of the path I have chosen. All I know is that despite battling hard, I have fallen in love with him. Anyways, what did you want to tell me?”

Meg remained silent for a while and then said “he has a girlfriend and he will be proposing her soon.”

Joey laughed and said, “I agree that you are concerned for me, but hey this is no way to discourage my love. Get straight to the point and tell me what you wanted to tell.”

“This is what I wanted to tell you. Catherine just told me that his girlfriend is coming soon to the center and then he will propose her. This is true and I don’t want you to get hurt further,” Meg put her hand on his shoulder. Joey was shocked as he turned back and said “but…he never told us. He has been so nice to me and…” Tears started welling up in his eyes as he broke down. “You had warned me, but still I fell for him and once again life played unfair to me. Why is it always me!” Meg was afraid that this truth could again make him the boy he was when he entered the center. She hugged him as he cried.

“Hey, it is okay. You cannot control your feelings. Felix has always been a friend to you and you thought his friendship to be love. It’s not your fault Joey. I know it is hard to accept the reality, but the sooner you accept it, the better it will be for you. I will tell Catherine that I will stay here for another week” she consoled Joey who was having a hard time accepting the truth about the doctor.

He leaned back. “Hey, you don’t need to do this. It’s been years since you have been away from your parents. They are waiting for you and I don’t want you to stay here because of me. Things will be okay in a few days. I was stupid to consider his friendship as love” he sobbed and smiled subtly to himself.

“I will be staying here for our friendship. I cannot leave you in such a state and when I have spent more than 3 years here, one more week would not make much of a difference” she hugged Joey again. She knew that Joey needed support and if she went home, he might seclude himself from others.

On the other hand, Joey felt as if he had been hit by a lorry and he wondered how he will be able to face Felix, after knowing that he already has love interest in his life. He wiped his tears, “you remind me of Susan. She cared a lot about me and I am glad that I have a friend like you.” “Don’t worry , I got your back,” Meg smiled.

“Okay, take care and don’t think too much about it. You still have his friendship” she got up and left to meet Catherine who was with Felix and Dr.Reeves.

Copyright © 2015 CreativeRomantic; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..