Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Aglanthol 4 - Tyrnae (Journey to the Otherworld) - 12. Chapter 12

Lyaris opened his eyes slightly. He saw Erendil’s beautiful face. The elf had stretched beside him and had wrapped his arms around him. Erendil smiled at Lyaris and Lyaris smiled back at him.

Erendil pulled Lyaris closer. Their bodies touched. Lyaris felt warm. He felt almost heated. He closed his eyes and opened his lips. Erendil’s lips touched his lips again. Lyaris opened his lips more. The tip of Erendil’s tongue touched his tongue. Lyaris let out a stifled moan. He moved his body closer to Erendil’s.

Lyaris pressed his body against the elf. He lost control of what he was doing. He felt at ease and comfortable and he banished all thoughts from his mind. Erendil turned on his back and pulled Lyaris with him. His hands roamed over Lyaris’ back. One hand moved under Lyaris’ tunic and stroked the bare skin. Lyaris lowered his head. His lips nibbled on the elf’s pointed ear. Erendil’s soft hands stroked Lyaris’ skin. Lyaris felt good. He felt like in an awesome dream where all his wishes fulfilled at once.

Erendil watched Lyaris’ face. The elf’s cheeks had turned rosy and his eyes had darkened from lust. His hair was ruffled and his skin was heated. The airy elf was set on fire. Erendil felt sultry, voluptuous, and totally carnal. How he had longed to feel vitalized. Erendil’s lips sought Lyaris’ lips again and Lyaris responded to the elf’s eager kiss. How he had longed for some grand adventure. Passion overwhelmed the elf and the human man.

~~**~~

A path led away from the river bank. Neldor and Aaron followed it. It led through a field of heather. Neldor and Aaron walked slowly. They watched out cautiously, yet they did not see anybody. Neldor, however, was well aware that this did not mean anything. Any observers could well hide from their sight. The wizard focused on his sixth sense. He scanned the area for any energy forms that were focusing on them. So far, however, he had not noticed anything that alarmed him.

They moved on for some time. The field of heather seemed to be endless. It stretched as far as the eye could see. The sun was high meanwhile and the day was warm. Neldor wiped his forehead and Aaron pulled up the sleeves of his tunic.

"It is very warm for a day in autumn," Aaron said.

Neldor glanced at Aaron and just nodded. They moved on silently for another while. Suddenly, Neldor stopped and pointed ahead. Aaron looked in the indicated direction. The heather field ended. Aaron saw many colourful flowers. They moved on and stopped again when they reached the edge of the flower field.

A field of asters spread in front of them. The flowers were red, yellow, and purple. The play of colours impressed Aaron greatly. He had never seen flowers of such intense colours. Aaron felt totally amazed. He was barely able to look his fill. The sky was blue and the sun shed a golden light. The air was warm and a soft breeze was blowing. The place was absolutely beautiful. Aaron took in the sight and his heart filled with joy. Two purple butterflies danced in the air. Aaron felt like the butterflies. He felt happy, carefree, and airy.

Neldor watched the enchanted young man. The place was indeed beautiful. The excessive impact, however, that the sight of the place had on Aaron made Neldor wary. The wizard closed his mind up from the magic of the place. He put up a ward for him and the enchanted man. Aaron’s state changed instantly. His dreamlike state vanished and his look was almost sheepish as he turned his eyes to the wizard. Aaron blushed slightly.

"I am sorry, Master Neldor," he said meekly. "You must think I’m crazy. I cannot say why, but for a moment or two I felt overly delighted at the sight of the flowers. It seems a bit odd to me now."

Neldor’s look was serious for a moment. Aaron felt confused and totally awkward. But then Neldor smiled. He patted Aaron’s shoulder.

"Tyrnae is a magical land. The flowers are indeed magical. They cast a mighty spell. I put up a ward meanwhile," he said.

Aaron’s eyes widened.

"The flowers are charmed?" he asked in almost fear.

Neldor shook his head.

"They are supposed to charm those who look at them. You sensed it yourself, Aaron. You felt instantly happy and found this was the most beautiful place in the world," he said.

"Well, isn’t it, Master Neldor?" Aaron asked.

Neldor pointed at the flowers.

"How do they look when you are able to perceive them without being influenced by their spell?" Neldor asked.

Aaron turned his head and looked at the flowers. He felt almost disappointed at the sight.

"They look like ordinary asters," he said.

"Yes," Neldor said. "I wonder if Lyaris saw them, too. If so, then he may be in a somewhat dreamlike state, I guess."

Aaron looked into the distance.

"Where are we supposed to look for him? Tyrnae is most likely a vast land," he said.

Neldor nodded thoughtfully. He looked at Aaron.

"Your magic might work here, too, Aaron," he said.

Aaron gave the wizard a questioning look.

"My magic? I am not a magician, Master Neldor," he replied.

Neldor smiled.

"Oh, you are, Aaron. You totally changed the scenery of the river. May I remind you that this river is the borderline between the realm of the living and the realm of the dead. Changing this scenery can only be done with powerful magic," Neldor said.

‘Or a strong belief and naivety,’ Neldor thought, ‘which should never be underestimated.’ "Under the given circumstances it worked wonders," Neldor said aloud.

Aaron felt confused. He refrained from asking. He waited patiently for the wizard to carry on. Neldor rubbed his chin. He thought again, and then he turned back to Aaron.

"Let’s try it again, Aaron. Let’s assume Lyaris came along here and saw the flowers. Where did he go? What happened? Where can we find him?" he asked.

Aaron pondered.

"If he felt like I felt a short while ago, then he probably crossed the flower field. I had a feeling that I needed to run through the flowers and jump in the air. I felt drawn to the other side of the field. I felt that something great was awaiting me there," Aaron said.

Neldor looked ahead and nodded.

"Something great," he said slowly. His voice sounded worried.

Aaron watched the wizard with concern. Neldor turned his eyes and looked at Aaron seriously.

"Appearances are deceiving, Aaron. What is on the other side of the field? What or who needs charmed flowers that cloud the minds of wanderers and visitors?" he asked.

"Someone in disguise, in a sense," Aaron said worriedly. "Do you mean some horrible creature lured Lyaris into a trap?"

Aaron felt cold and utterly worried. Neldor stood motionless, looking ahead. His mind connected the bits and the parts he had seen and heard and sensed with his sixth sense.

"Mimir said Tyrnae summoned Lyaris. This means he will receive a gift that he shall carry back to the human world. However, Lyaris hesitates to leave Tyrnae. Why does he want to stay in the otherworld?" Neldor mused.

"Because he crossed this field," Aaron said. "He is enchanted, bewitched. He thinks this is the most beautiful place in the world. Perhaps it is even more beautiful on the other side of the field."

Neldor nodded slowly.

"Yes, Aaron, I agree with you. Mimir said that only you can lead Lyaris out of Tyrnae. This means you must free him from this spell," he said. "Provided Lyaris crossed the field and actually is over there."

"Let’s find out about it, Master Neldor," Aaron replied. "Let’s cross the field of asters. Let’s move on to the other side of the field and let’s see what we will find there. We’ll find out about the truth very soon."

Aaron’s look was grim and determined. Inwardly, however, he was at a loss. Would they find Lyaris? What was he supposed to do then? Neldor was a magician. He was not. Aaron felt helpless, but he was determined to free Lyaris.

Neldor nodded his agreement. Aaron turned away and entered the flower field. He did not pay attention to the beautiful flowers. He trampled them down, while he walked forcefully. He looked ahead grimly. Neldor followed the young man at a measured step. He focused on his sixth sense while they walked ahead. Neldor sensed no living energy. The wizard pondered. He doubted that the place was deserted. Someone had used magic to guard the place. Someone was hiding here. What was the secret of the place? Would they really find Lyaris on the other side of the flower field? Neldor looked ahead. He caught up with Aaron. The old wizard and the young man walked on side by side.

~~**~~

Lyaris glanced at the ceiling. He felt comfortable. He was still in a dreamlike state. Erendil was lying beside him, one arm wrapped lazily around Lyaris’ body. The light of the sun fell through the windows. The rays of the sun felt warm on their skin. Lyaris glanced at Erendil from under his lashes. A smile was playing on the elf’s lips. Erendil turned his body a little. He opened his eyes and smiled at Lyaris.

"You make me feel alive," Erendil said in his soft and melodious voice. "I didn’t know how good it feels to be vitalized and carnal."

Lyaris smiled back. He had not known how good it felt to give in and just surrender to his feelings. Lyaris turned on his side. They faced each other. Erendil’s blue eyes rested on Lyaris’ face. His cheeks were still rosy and his body was heated. His keen senses were entirely focused on the human man who had so willingly given in and had opened up his heart to him. Erendil yawned. He was tired. The feeling was new to him, yet it did not disturb him. Lyaris was enjoying the moment. He did not ponder on the future nor did he think of the past. Lyaris liked it the way it was. He felt enchanted and he hoped his dreamful state would last forever. Neither of them thought of the world around them. Erendil felt safe. The elf was off guard. He did not sense Aaron and Neldor coming.

~~**~~

 

2012 Dolores Esteban
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..