Jump to content
    DynoReads
  • Author
  • 547 Words
  • 1,088 Views
  • 10 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Writing Prompts - 2. 330 - A Bug's Life - The College Years

Use the following words in a story: Puppy, circus, clown, underwear and toilet paper.

"Hey, Dude. Dude, wake up...dude?"

"Huh?" Bill rolled over and rubbed his eyes. Music throbbed in his ears. The frat house down the street must be having another party.

"Dude, you're out of toilet paper."

Still half asleep Bill rolled out of bed to get the extra roll from the linen closet. Walking down the hall he thought he heard a mosquito buzzing past. Bill yawned and set the roll on the sink.

"Finally some service around here." Bill thought that was a lady's voice? In his bathroom? And did a butterfly just fly into the bathroom? Bill decided he must have drunk more than he though last night, and it would be a good idea to get a LARGE glass of water.

As Bill shuffled down the hall, he thought the music got louder. Light spilled into the hallway from the living room arch distracted Bill. The couch, the chair, the love seat and even the window seat was covered with butterflies. Bill blinked, each one seemed to have a tiny champagne flute.

"Ah, the owner of this establishment. Would you be so kind as to ask the louts in the kitchen to turn down their music? We cannot hear ourselves think." A Painted Lady Butterfly hovered in front of Bill's nose.

"Ah, sure." Maybe this is a weird dream. Bill shuffled towards the kitchen again.

"Excuse me? Excuse me?" The dream just got weirder.

Bill turned towards the dining room. Tiny red and black beetles sat around his table. His mother's tea service, instead of it's usual place of honor in the china cabinet, sat in the center of the table.

"Excuse me? Would it be possible to get another pot of tea?" Bill glanced at the door frame and realized the beetles were lady bugs. "Oh, and some more cucumber sandwiches would be lovely. Please be a dear and get them. Watch out for the boys in the kitchen though, it's a real circus in there."

Bill nodded his head and continued his journey to the kitchen. He wondered what else his drunk imagination would conjure up. Entering the kitchen, something smacked Bill in the face. He caught it and then grimaced when he realized what he held. A tiny pair of boxer underwear with a clown's face. The bright red nose right over the fly.

"Hey dude, thanks for taking care of the toilet paper. Those hoity toity butterflies are such a pain. You want a beer?" A giant skeeter hawk hovered in front of Bill's face. The music was louder in the kitchen. Bill thought he saw radios on the counter by the sink. Centipedes and millipedes danced with sow bugs while else where flies played beer pong.

"Bill? Are you ok?" Mica's arms surrounded his husband's waist. He placed a gentle kiss on Bill's shoulder. "Holy shit, are those bugs?"

"You see them too? I thought it was a drunk hallucination." Bill looked into his husband's puppy dog brown eyes.

"Do we have any bug spray?" Mica backed towards the utility room.

"Forget the Raid babe, call the Bug Man" Bill grabbed the phone.

There was sudden silence, even the radios were shut off. Almost as if rehearsed, the bugs eyes popped and they yelled "Raid" and stampeded for the exit.

If you don't understand the Raid reference, watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQou6PrTP6A
Copyright © 2014 DynoReads; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 14
  • Haha 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

On 06/09/2014 05:52 AM, Stephen said:
You had me laughing with this one! Thanks.
I had fun writing it, coming up with silly things the bugs would say. I'm glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for the review.
  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 06/11/2014 10:50 PM, Mann Ramblings said:
An absolutely clever take on the prompt! Loved it!
:facepalm: I thought I'd already thanked you for the review. Thank you. I had fun writing it. I'm wondering where the bug's will party next.
  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 06/20/2014 05:47 PM, Slytherin said:
That was so fun ! :lol: Great job, Dyno :funny::thumbup:
I'm glad others are having as much fun reading the story as I did writing it. Thanks for the review
  • Like 1
Link to comment

<Sets a can of Raid in every window>

 

That was hilarious! I loved it - even if it made my skin crawl just a bit!

Link to comment
On 06/26/2014 12:13 AM, Kitt said:
<Sets a can of Raid in every window>

 

That was hilarious! I loved it - even if it made my skin crawl just a bit!

I purposely left the creepiest of bugs out. But it was a lot of fun to write. Glad you liked it.
  • Like 1
Link to comment

Great descriptions and the Raid comment at the end was hilarious. I could almost hear the pounding feet as they ran out of the house.

Link to comment
On 10/19/2014 06:38 AM, wolfwriter said:
Great descriptions and the Raid comment at the end was hilarious. I could almost hear the pounding feet as they ran out of the house.
Thank you. Glad you understood the Raid comment, the story isn't the same without it.
  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..