Jump to content
    eric5748
  • Author
  • 7,367 Words
  • 3,626 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Babies having babies - 2. Chapter 2

It took less than an hour for the nurses to get Dominic all cleaned up and ready to face the big bad world. Matt and Damian were then shown into the nursery where Dominic would stay for the next day or so for observation, as well as to teach Damian anything that he would need to learn, such as bathing and feeding the tiny little baby boy.

“If you would follow me please, Dominic would love to see his daddy and grandpa now.” The kindly nurse said softly.

She may not have agreed with such a young boy being a father, especially one that looked so young, but even she could see how much the young boy cared, especially by how he was with his girlfriend. She had heard the story of the kids during the last half of the twelve hour labor, so she was quite familiar with it now.

“Thank you very much.” Damian said happily, and hopped up to follow her.

“My god, he really is beautiful, he's so perfect, and just so tiny, just like you were Damian. How much does he weigh?” Matt asked once they were in the room.

“Five pounds, two ounces, and he's eighteen inches long.” The nurse answered.

“Thank you. That's a whole ounce heavier than you were when you were hatched Damian, but he's the exact same length.”

“Hatched! Gee, thanks dad.” Damian sighed, but the nurse chuckled.

“Can I pick him up?” Damian asked.

“Yes, of course, you're his father and you get to be here and hold him any time you wish. Let me teach you how to do it properly though so as not to hurt him.” The nurse said, and then showed him how to correctly do it. She set Dominic back into his crib, and then urged Damian to do the same thing. He did it perfectly.

“Very well done. You're very gentle with him, and that's the key. I know you told me that you went to all the parenting courses, but just remember how fragile your little boy is, especially for the first few months.”

“Thank you.” Damian said with a happy tear running down.

Dominic had been fussing mildly before being picked up, but as soon as Damian picked him up, he cuddled right in and settled right down.

“I think he knows who his daddy and protector is.” Matt said softly to his emotional son.

“And such an adorable little daddy he is too.” The nurse whispered to Matt, Damian would not have heard.

“Yeah, and up until he told me that he was to be a daddy, I had no idea that he had even started puberty. Even still most people that find out that he was to become a father didn't believe us, because he just looks so young.” He whispered back so as to let Damian have his special time with his son.

“To tell you the truth, until he told me his story, I wouldn't have believed it either, and I've seen a lot of kids through here, as sad as that is. Granted, I do believe that your son is the youngest.”

“I would hope so, and while I know for a fact that he never asked for this, he'll do great. You know though, I gave him the talk, I told him everything, and then some about what he'd need to know, they both used protection, he a condom and her birth control, and yet they still managed to get pregnant. Poor Damian has had a fair amount of difficulty with people believing him though, the people at the parenting classes all laughed at him and told him he wasn't old enough, and told him and I that we should have the baby tested, because obviously the mother was not being truthful. I mean, to just look at him, you could easily understand why people would think it, but to say it to his face like more than a few did, it really hurt him. He just ignored them though, but I know it hurt him. I know for a fact though that the mother was telling the truth, and looking at the baby only makes me more certain, because Dominic looks exactly like Damian did.”

“I can well imagine how difficult it would be for people to believe he to be the father for sure, but to say it to his face was more than a little distasteful for sure. He even told us the reason that they ended up pregnant, and it was certainly a nice gesture on her part to offer to help him find out for sure, but in a way I guess that backfired.”

“We don't see it that way though. We firmly believe that this happened for a reason, how else can you explain a girl getting pregnant even with double precautions. I mean I got Damian's mother pregnant even on birth control, so that's why I taught my son to never take that for granted, and to still use protection until he was certain that he was ready for a child. Granted, even when I was giving him the sex talk and telling him all this information, I knew that it was no use, because I had suspected that he was gay at the age of six, almost certain at the age of eight, and one hundred percent positive by the time he was eleven. I never counted on him deciding to try both sides of the fence as it were, and I should have known that he'd tell his best friend in the world his biggest fear. I should have also known how hormonal girls are, and that she might offer, but still, I never expected this, but he'll make the best of it.”

“I'm glad that neither of you sees this as a mistake, but I guess I should have figured that out, considering that you're keeping the baby. Most people that think of having a baby as a mistake abort the pregnancy, or put the baby up for adoption if they don't believe in abortion. He told us all about double protection, and I have my suspicions as to how that possibly happened, considering his size. My guess is that his penis is not yet large enough to keep a standard condom on, so some of the semen had to have leaked out, or possibly the thing just slipped off, but he would surely have noticed that.”

“That's pretty much my assumption as well, because no, he's not exactly large yet. He has a bladder problem, so has to wear diapers at night, and still prefers me to get him ready for bed, so I see his penis quite frequently. Granted, he's grown a fair bit since that day, but even still, I wouldn't be so certain that a normal adults condom would fit him properly even now. He told me that they're still loose on him, and I informed him that that's more than likely the cause of this. He has often said that he at least wishes he had waited a few more years, but that he has never regretted once that it did happen to him.”

“I'm glad to hear that he's never regretted it, and I hope that he never does. Somehow I don't think that he will though. He's amazingly tender with the little guy.” She said, they were standing there watching Damian hold Dominic as they had their whispered conversation.

“Would you like to hold him now daddy?” Damian asked.

“I'd love to baby.” Matt answered happily, having wanted to hold his grandson ever since they entered the room, but knowing that Damian had all the rights to hold his baby for as long as he wanted to first.

Damian handed Dominic over gently, and Matt took him just like old times, easily remembering just what to do, granted it really was not all that long ago that Matt had held a small baby himself. Dominic fussed for a moment after being passed over, not really caring for having his loving cuddles with his daddy disturbed, but he snuggled in right away with his grandpa and settled back down.

“Now, Damian, for the most part everything about caring for Dominic is up to you. You are to ask us any and all questions that you have, and we'll teach you anything that you need to know. I know the parenting courses will have taught you how to do most everything, up to and including diaper changes, but especially for the first couple, make sure to call us so that there's someone here to watch over you, okay. And in case you weren't told during those classes, don't worry about the first poop, it always looks like that.”

“Okay, thanks. Will I be allowed to stay here tonight as well, to be with him?”

“Certainly, if you'd like, we can set a room up for you two.”

“Thanks, and don't worry, they warned me about the first few diaper changes, and that his peepee will be quite large and to not think he'll be huge or anything like that.” Damian giggled.

“Good, but I usually like to let the new daddies find about that on their own and then burst their bubbles after the fact.” She giggled right back.

“I bet you do. I remember a nurse bursting my bubble about Damian here, in fact he's about the same size now as he was those first couple days.” Matt laughed, startling Dominic enough to make him start crying.

“Oh daddy, you're horrible, and look what you did, you made Dominic start crying.”

“I know, but he'll be fine, he's gonna have to get used to laughter, just the same as you did.”

“I know, but you're still horrible.”

“I know. Well baby, it's been a very long day, and I should probably be heading home to get some sleep and get the last minute things done before we move. We leave the day after tomorrow, as long as Dominic is released tomorrow.”

“Yeah, and I'm really tired as well. Uh oh, I don't have a diaper with me though.”

“You're in a hospital, I think we can find something that'll help you out.” The nurse said.

“Oh, right. Thanks.”

“Think nothing of it. I'll go get you a room ready, and then I'll leave the required supplies in your bathroom for you, okay.”

“That would be great, thanks again. Bye daddy, love you.”

“Bye baby, love you too, you take good care of my grandson there, and try and get some sleep.”

“I'll try.”

With that Matt left his son to care for his son. Damian just sat down and cuddled Dominic closer to him, whispering sweet nothings into his tiny little ear, and Dominic smiled sweetly, although it was probably just a gas bubble causing the smile, Damian did not need to know that. Shortly after Matt left, the nurse came back and told Damian that she had a room ready for them. She had Damian put Dominic into the small portable crib and he got to push his little guy to their new room.

“Here you go. Normally this room would be used for mothers, but in this case, I think the father will suffice. Now, I want both of you to go to sleep, but you are not to put Dominic in bed with you, he must stay in his crib unless you're feeding him, which we should probably try very soon. He should be starting to get hungry now, and we usually try to get them feeding as soon as possible. I'll go get a bottle ready for you to feed him, and then I'll show you how best to do it. Okay?”

“Sure, that sounds good. While you're doing that, is it okay to leave Dominic in his crib while I go to the bathroom and get ready for bed?”

“Of course. You're also welcome to wheel his crib into the bathroom with you, most people prefer to do that for security reasons, but this is a secure ward, so you're usually pretty safe leaving the baby in your room for a few minutes at a time.”

“Oh, okay. I think I'd prefer taking him into the bathroom with me.” Damian said in relief.

“Most do, especially the new parents.” She smiled warmly and then left them.

Damian wheeled Dominic into the bathroom with him, and he got undressed and then put on his diaper. He still preferred being diapered by his dad, but he knew how to diaper himself as well, he had to learn for when he slept over at Sarah's house, although she did diaper him a few times as well. Once he was diapered, Damian left the bathroom in only his diaper unashamedly. He was so used to just wearing a diaper around the house before bed that he thought nothing of it. He knew the nurse knew, and the others probably would as well, so he had no need to feel ashamed. He wheeled Dominic back out to their room to find their nurse waiting for them.

“Oh sorry, should I leave you, or did I forget to put a robe in there for you?”

“Oh no, no worries. There's a robe in there, but I don't wear anything over my diapers, it's just the way I'm used to it, so don't worry about it.”

“Oh, okay. I wish my son had have been as nonchalant as you are about having to wear diapers. He's twenty now, and well past the need for wearing them, but he had to wear them until the age of twelve. It was always a fight to get him into them, and even then no one could ever see him wearing one. He was so ashamed that he had to still wear diapers to bed, that he refused for the longest time to go for sleepovers or anything like that.”

“That's too bad for him. It's no big deal really. Even at my age statistics show that upwards of ten percent of kids still wet the bed, and I bet he wasn't the only one in his class. I however had to accept the fact that it would be permanent, and that there's nothing I could do about it, so therefore may as well get used to it. I'll have this problem for the rest of my life, same as my dad, and there's a ninety percent chance that I'll have passed it onto Dominic as well. So far there's only been one female affected by the disorder, but most of the males on my dads side have been, only two in the past three generations have not. My uncles all decided to adopt to alleviate having to cause more children to suffer, and my dad had been planning on it as well, when I accidentally showed up, but how was he supposed to know that he was more powerful than birth control. I too would have adopted, but for an entirely different reason, because I never felt that I'd ever have children any other way, except my best friend offered and I finally accepted. I guess birth control and condoms didn't stop me.”

“You're very correct, it's not a big deal, and I told him the very same thing time and time again, and being a nurse I knew the true medical facts, but he was still ashamed. It's too bad about your families condition, but it sounds as if you deal with it well enough, and really, if it's only at night, I guess it's not a big deal. You know though, you're a very open young man, most boys your age would never talk about this sort of thing, especially to a woman, even if I am a nurse and have seen and heard almost everything imaginable.”

“Actually, it's not only night time, it can develop into daytime issues as well, and even I myself have wet my pants during the day, three times this past year alone, but it's usually when I'm really run down or sick, but if I wait too long, then I won't be able to hold it either. I'm worse than my dad is, but one of my uncles has to wear diapers or a leg bag twenty four seven, because by the age of sixteen, he couldn't hold it at all. My dad's warned me that I'm about the same severity as he was at the same age, so I may have to live with it as well, but then again, I may not.”

“Most people would think that it's a horrible thing to have to deal with, but really, I guess it wouldn't be so bad. I'd sure rather live with that than what some people have to live with. So, let's teach you how to feed Dominic here, and then we'll change his diaper so that you two can go to bed. He'll be very tired, being born is a tough job.”

“I bet it would be, getting squeezed through a hole the size of a grapefruit, when you're the size of a watermelon just can't be easy, and it took twelve hours as well.” Damian chuckled.

“You know, you might just be the first male that I've heard that truly understands what it's like.”

“Nah, that's just what the lady at the family course said. To tell you the truth, I'm glad I'm not a girl, I couldn't have gone through what Sarah did, but then, she always was stronger than me. God, I'll miss her.”

“She really was your best friend, wasn't she.”

“Yeah, we've been there for each other since I was two and she was four, through thick and thin, her dad dying, her mother being a control freak, you name it, we knew the secret. We told each other everything, and that's why I wasn't even surprised by her offer the night I told her I thought I was gay. I mean I'd suspected for a while, but I held off, just to make sure, but my feelings didn't change at all. In fact, it made me more sure that I was gay after we made love, but she knew it wasn't her fault.”

“More kids need to be more self assured like you, you know that right.”

“Don't get me wrong here. There's no way I'd tell anyone at school that I was gay, that'd be like signing my own death certificate. Heck, I didn't even tell anyone except one of my best friends that I was going to be a father. He laughed at me even more than my dad did, saying that there was no way I could be the father, because even he couldn't cum yet, and he looks older than I do. I had to prove to him that I could, but we'd already jacked off with each other a few times anyway, so no big deal, but he's not gay, I know that for a fact.”

“I wouldn't expect that you'd tell anyone at school, but most kids your age would certainly not tell a complete stranger either. You do have to admit though, you do look awful young.”

“Oh, I know. I had people make fun of me and tell me that my girlfriend was a slut and that the baby wasn't mine, so on and so forth. I just ignored them, but I really wanted to beat the crap outta them, even if most of them were adults. Heck, even my own doctor was surprised that I had fathered a child, so he took a sperm sample, and he told my dad and I that I was most certainly active, very much so. He said I had an incredibly high sperm count for a boy who'd only just barely started puberty. My voice hasn't even changed yet, and even still I can count my pubic hairs. I guess that just started early and the rest is taking its time.”

“Well, considering you made it through a condom and birth control, I would guess that you're a powerful guy for sure.” She laughed. “Now, come on, let's feed baby here shall we!”

“Okay. You know though, I haven't eaten anything since breakfast, and I'm really hungry as well. I just realized it.”

“Well, there's a kitchenette right down the hall for patients, so feel free to go there once we're finished here and get anything you want from there. Baby comes first however, so come on, let's get him all fed up before he starts crying for it.”

“I would have fed him first anyway, he's more important than I am.”

“Good point.”

She instructed Damian to pick Dominic up the same way as before, and then how to turn him and hold him, so that it made it easier to feed. She then handed him the bottle and instructed him how to do this properly so that Dominic could eat, but not choke, and he did it like an old pro. She had him stop after about half way so that he could burp Dominic, and the little guy let out a good sized belch after only a few gentle pats. Damian giggled, but then he was still young enough that burps and farts gave him the giggles. Dominic drank the rest of the bottle without problem, and then let out another good burp when Damian patted his back.

“Excellent, the next time will be all by yourself with no direction, but I still ask that you have a nurse here for just in case. Now to change his diaper. I'll walk you through it.”

“Okay, thanks.”

They then went through the process of changing Dominic's diaper, and so far it was just wet, but it was easy enough to change. Given that Damian had plenty of practice in changing diapers, he did this very well, not requiring any instructions at all, and he was very gentle about it.

“Okay, you're all set. Now, before you go out to get yourself something to eat, I do suggest that you put the robe on that I brought for you, because there will be other patients and family out there, and they may not appreciate it too much seeing you in only a diaper. In your own room, that's fine, but not in the halls please.”

“I would have anyway. There's no telling who could be out there, and I don't really want any of my friends knowing I wear diapers. Not that it really matters all that much anyway, because we move tomorrow.”

“Very true, but where are you moving?”

“Few hours south of here, can't remember the name, but it's a small city, about half the size of here apparently. We decided that we'd move to help Sarah break clean of the baby, because she doesn't want to be part of Dominic's life, she's not ready to be a mom yet, probably won't be for years.”

“Oh. Well, I'll leave you for the night then, make sure and buzz if you need anything at all, and I'll come personally.”

“Thank you very much for all your help today, I really appreciate it.”

She just smiled and nodded and headed out to go do some other work. Damian went and got his robe on and wheeled Dominic with him to the kitchenette down the hall. Once there, he retrieved himself enough food to fill him up and took it back to his room. Once there, he ate quickly, because he really was very tired.

“Good night baby boy, I hope you have a good sleep, I love you very much.” Damian whispered to his little guy, giving him a very gentle little kiss on his tiny little forehead.

Damian slept pretty well throughout the night and was only awakened twice by Dominic wanting some attention. Both times Dominic wanted some food, so Damian got him a bottle and burped him when necessary, and the second time Dominic also needed a diaper change, because his first poop had worked its way out. It did not faze Damian at all to change a messy diaper. The rest of the night though was in peaceful slumber for both.

The next morning Damian was just sitting on his bed in his soggy diaper, cuddling his little baby boy when his dad walked in. It was already just a little past seven in the morning. Matt smiled to see both his babies just sitting there cuddling like they were.

“Morning babies, how was your night?”

“Morning daddy. Really good actually. After you left I fed Dominic, went and got myself some food 'cause I was starving, I hadn't eaten since yesterday morning, and then we went to bed. Dominic woke up twice throughout the night and I fed him both times, and had to change a poopy diaper the second time as well. The nurse says that I'm doing really well. She's gone already though, she was off at seven, but she came in before she left to wish us good luck.”

“I bet you were starving, but baby comes first. I'm glad you're doing good though. May I hold Dominic for a few minutes though please?”

“Of course daddy. While you're here, I may as well hop out of bed and go get out of my diaper and grab a shower. You don't mind do you?”

“Oh, I guess not, I'll make do I guess just getting to cuddle up to my favorite grandson.” Matt grinned.

“Um, he's your only grandson.”

“And more than likely the only one I'll ever have too.” Matt grinned again.

“Not likely, because I always wanted more kids, but I think I'll wait a few more years before I adopt.” Damian smiled warmly as he passed Dominic over gently.

“Good thinking.”

“So, how is everything coming with the move then?”

“Everything is loaded into the truck, even the car is on the back on the trailer, the keys were given to the new people, and we leave tomorrow morning and stay in a hotel tonight.”

“Oh, that's good. I trust all Dominic's things that we'll be needing though are in easy reach?”

“Yep. Everything that we'll be needing is on the back seat of the car, except his car seat, which is in the truck already. Go hit the shower kiddo, you stink.”

“That's good, but I don't doubt it. I didn't get my shower yesterday, because I ate breakfast before having my shower, but Sarah called before I could shower. So yeah, I probably do smell a bit.” Damian smiled.

“I know. I worked until three this morning, stumbled into the shower, and then went to bed, or I'd stink as well.”

Damian just giggled and hopped out of bed. He removed his soaked diaper, and noted that it was a good thing that he had not peed any more, or he would have leaked, he preferred the diapers that he had at home, and then headed for the bathroom for a nice long hot shower. Matt did not mind in the least that Damian stayed in the shower for more than half an hour, because he got some good quality cuddles in. He also did not mind that fact that after twenty minutes Dominic started fussing, telling Matt that he probably wanted some food, so he got a bottle prepared and fed Dominic. Matt was just finishing up feeding Dominic when a sparkling clean, naked Damian came out of the bathroom.

“I forgot daddy, I don't have any clean clothes. No chance you have any in easy reach in the truck do you? My clothes from yesterday are more than a bit dirty.”

“Sure, I made sure to keep our clothes near the back, but I brought some in for you, didn't you see me carrying a grocery bag with me?”

“No, I hadn't actually. Thanks though.” Damian said, spotting the bag and dumping it onto the bed.

“What's this?” Damian asked as more clothes than he needed spilled out as well, namely some cute little clothes for Dominic.

“That's the outfit that I bought as soon as I left here yesterday for Dominic to wear home. I hope you like it.”

“It's adorable. Thanks daddy. As soon as the gift shop opens, I want to run down and grab a teddy bear for Dominic, so would you mind watching him a bit more as well?”

“Sure thing baby, go ahead and get dressed, because I saw them delivering breakfast when I came in, and the last thing you want to do is shock some poor lady when she comes in carrying a tray.”

“You're just afraid that some lady would see me naked and offer to bear my second child for me.”

“Yeah, right. Like that's about to happen again any time soon, now is it my little flaming baby.”

“I am not a flaming gay!” Damian said in indignation, purposely saying it with an overly lilting voice and limp wrist, just like the stereotypes on TV. This caused them both to burst into fits of giggles.

Damian did get dressed though, because he did not really want to be caught with his pants down.

“You know, it's still hard to believe that you're the father, you still barely look old enough to be in puberty.”

“I know, the nurse last night told me the same thing, but I just told her about the test and what the doctor told us. She thought it was quite comical as well. Oh good, here's breakfast, I'm starving.”

“Oh sorry sweety, meals are for the mothers only.” The lady said, as she was setting the tray down.

“Except in my case, I'm the father and the mother is no longer here, I'm here to learn how to care for my son, but we get to go home today.”

“Um, I need to check on that.” She said and quickly exited before Matt or Damian could say anything. Damian would have to get used to that though, not like he wasn't already.

She was back a few moments later, telling Damian to go ahead, but he already had anyway, he was starving, and that food was his. In the meantime though, Matt changed Dominic's tiny little baby diaper.

“You know, it really doesn't feel like all that long ago when I changed you into a diaper this size. Thirteen years ago in fact, and now here I am, changing your sons diaper, and it's the same size. It's really hard to believe, thirty years old and I have a grandchild. A couple of my friends that are the same age as me are just having children now, I wonder what they would think about having grandchildren at that age. In a way though it's great, because we'll both have lots of energy to keep up to Dominic, and we can have a lot of fun together, same as you and I did when you were younger, or still do really. I know that you feel that you have to give up your childhood just because you're a father now, but promise me that you won't do so entirely. You still have to live at home, and I'll help out as much as I can, so I do still want you to be going out and playing and having fun as well, okay.”

“Okay daddy, I promise, but Dominic has to come first, no matter what.”

“And so he should, as should all children. Their needs always come before the needs of the parents, as it was with you and I, so it shall be for you and him, and now for me and you two. Granted, you're his father, and you made the choice to raise him, so I won't do all the work, so that makes his care your primary concern. Of course make sure and ask for help, and you know I'll babysit if you ask me to. You know, that sounds funny. I'm telling my son that just got off the need for having a babysitter a year ago that I'll babysit his child for him.” Matt chuckled.

“I'm sure it does daddy, and thanks for the offer, but for the first little while, I probably won't leave Dominic for more than just a few minutes. Yes, I made the choice to raise my baby, and even though I'm scared, I know what I'm doing, and I'll do everything I can for my baby. I'd never expect you to do all the work, but I know that you'll help as well.”

“And that's okay too. Most new parents have a really hard time leaving their children with a babysitter, especially at first, but eventually you'll have no choice.”

“What do you mean?”

“Well, summer break just started, so you have a couple months, but what about once school starts?”

“Oh yeah, I forgot about school. I haven't entirely decided if I'll go back or not.”

“Like bloody hell you're quitting school, I won't allow it, you're far too smart for that.” Matt said almost angrily.

“Oh daddy, settle down, I'm not stupid enough to quit, and you know it. If I don't go back to school, I'll do it by home schooling, at least for a while, until things get more settled and I feel comfortable leaving Dominic for the day. Really, until he's a little older, he's going to need me all the time anyway right, and I can't expect you to look after him all the time, you have to work as well. It wouldn't be so bad if you worked from home, but even then I wouldn't ask you to do so, you have your work to do, and your own life.”

“I guess I should have known that you'd never quit school, you're far smarter than I am and was.”

“You're plenty smart enough daddy. You may have almost quit, but you stayed and made more for yourself, started your own business, and you do very well for us. When the time's right for me, I'll do the same, but for a while I'll just do homeschooling.”

Just then, the entrance of a doctor interrupted their conversation, so they could not continue.

“So, how's the little guy doing?”

“He's doing great. He only woke up twice during the night for feeding, and he ate again just a few minutes ago. He's had a couple wet diapers and a poopy one as well. He burps really well when we pat his back, and he hardly fusses.” Damian answered proudly, and Matt left him to do so, this was his game.

“That's all very good to hear. He's very beautiful, excellent color all over, good size for a little guy, and his eyes appear to be perfect as well. I'm going to lay him down now and do another full exam, just to be sure of everything though, okay.”

“Thanks, we'd appreciate that.” Damian said, and Matt handed Damian over.

The doctor spent about ten minutes examining Dominic before passing him back over to Damian to get him all diapered and wrapped back up.

“As I suspected, he's in excellent health, and you're doing great with him. I think the nurses have only a couple more things for you to do under their supervision before you're ready to go, so this'll be the last time I see you. Have a good day.”

“Thanks, you too.”

And shortly after the doctor left, a nurse walked in.

“Good morning. The doctor just informed me that everything with baby Dominic is doing great, and that we're to spring you out of here as soon as possible. What that means is that we have a few more things to go over with you, and that includes bathing Dominic. He's still pretty messy from yesterday, even though we cleaned him up, we only do a basic cleaning. So, if you'd put him back into his crib and follow me to the nursery please, we'll show you how to properly bathe him.”

“Okay.” Damian said happily, and did as he was asked.

Both he and Matt followed the nurse to the nursery, where the baby washing station was set up. Once there, she explained everything about bathing a baby, and then had Damian do so, while watching over him carefully. Once he was done bathing Dominic, he dried him off tenderly and then diapered and wrapped him back up. The nurse congratulated him on doing such a tender and caring job. They then went and sat down, and she taught him pretty much everything else that he would need to know. Damian though was polite enough not to tell her that the family planning course he had taken had pretty much already gone over all this, but she did tell him a few extra things for caring for Dominic. It was an hour later that they were released from the hospital and Damian packed up all his things. Matt had gone down to the truck to grab the car seat, so that Damian could safely carry Dominic out of there, and the hospital was supposed to check the car seat for a few things, to make sure it was safe first of all, and to make sure that it was set up correctly, and both were good, so they were wished a good life and they left.

“So, where to next babies?” Matt asked once they were all buckled in and ready to go, Dominic in the center seat.

“I think it's getting close enough to lunch time, and breakfast wasn't really all that filling, so I could use some lunch please?” Damian asked.

“Sure, and I haven't eaten yet, so I'm quite hungry.” Matt said and aimed them at a good restaurant.

“Why didn't you eat before coming to the hospital?” Damian asked.

“Because I rolled my sorry butt out of bed, got out of my wet diaper, and then came right to the hospital to be with you two. I knew that you would be very tired and very grimy, so I wanted to be there for you if you needed me.”

“You should have taken care of yourself more, I would have been fine. The nurse told me that I could take Dominic into the bathroom with me, and he would have been fine for the few minutes I was in the shower if I had have done that. I just would have taken a shorter shower is all. I also had a good sleep last night, by the sounds of it better than you did, so you should have slept longer.”

“I know all that, but I was too excited to come and see my grandson again.” Matt grinned.

“I know how you feel.” Damian grinned back.

“So, all you can eat oriental food sound okay to you?”

“Sounds like almost enough food to feed me.”

“That's pretty much why we're going there. I wasn't about to pay to fill you up anywhere else.”

“Hey, you eat almost as much as I do.”

“I know, that's why we're here, it would have cost a bloody fortune otherwise.” Matt laughed.

“Very true. I take it that Dominic's diaper bag is in the back seat of the car?”

“Yes. It's fully loaded and ready to go as well. The only thing we'll have to do is to heat up his bottles whenever needed.”

“Oh good, thanks daddy.”

“No problem baby. I guess I have to stop calling you baby now huh, seeing as how you're a daddy now and all?”

“I'd rather you didn't. I may be a father as well, but that doesn't mean I have to grow up quite yet, like you said earlier, and I like being your baby too, and Dominic can be my baby, is my baby.”

“Thanks baby.” Matt smiled warmly.

One of the many things that the two of them had done over the past many months was to go out and purchase almost anything that they would need for the baby. Most of it was generic items, good for both boy and girl, but Damian had insisted on a few boy things, because he had been certain all throughout the pregnancy that it was a boy. Matt had warned him about getting his hopes up, but Damian said it wasn't hopes, it was feelings, and that he would be just as happy with a girl as a boy. Granted, Matt hoped it was a boy, because he had no idea how to raise a girl, and was certain Damian would have even less clue.

They made it to the restaurant, just in time for opening in fact, it was still a bit early for lunch, so they were seated immediately. The waitress came around a few minutes later.

“Oh, what a cute little baby, how old is he or she?” She asked Matt, because wrapped in a yellow blanket such as Dominic was, you would not be able to tell. “And how does the big brother feel about the new baby?” She turned to Damian and asked.

“Actually, I'm the father, he's the grandfather, and he's just a day old, he was born yesterday.” Damian answered happily.

“Excuse me!” She said in a high voice.

“He's correct, he's not the older brother, he's the very proud father of his little baby boy.” Matt said.

“Oh, I'm sorry. I just never imagined someone so young having a child before.”

“No need to apologize, I certainly never planned it, but I wouldn't give my baby boy up for the world.” Damian said happily.

Shortly after they were told they could go get their food. Damian insisted that his dad go get his food first and asked the waitress for a large glass of as hot water as she could give them to heat up a bottle. The water and Matt came at the same time, so Damian put the bottle in the large cup and let it warm up. As soon as it was ready, he took Dominic from his car seat and fed him, burping him a couple good times. He then put Dominic back into his seat, and he passed right out after having a good meal and a burp. Once Dominic was all fed, Damian headed up to the food tables to get his own food. When he came back, Matt went for his second helping.

They spent almost an hour there, chatting and eating before they deemed that it was time to go. They headed to the hotel where they would spend the night, got their room, and then Matt offered to bring everything that they would need in for them. Damian accepted, considering that he was getting very tired.

Matt brought in everything that they would need, and then they sat around and watched TV in their room for the rest of the day. They ordered dinner in their room and sat back and ate. Dominic was fed a couple more times as well, and his diaper had to be changed a couple times too, before all three of them passed out for the night. Dominic only woke once throughout the night for food and a diaper change, and both Matt and Damian were happy with that. Before they left the hotel, Damian gave Dominic a bath in the bathroom sink, while his dad had a shower, and then Matt offered to get Dominic ready for the day while Damian had his shower, and he accepted. They cleaned up their room, took everything down with them and loaded it back into the car, and then were off to a restaurant for breakfast. Dominic had of course already had his breakfast, so he was good.

As soon as breakfast was done, they were on their way to their new home.

“So, how does it feel to be leaving baby?”

“A little scary to tell you the truth. I've lived in the same house for as long as I can remember, and I'll miss my friends, but otherwise I'm okay. This is good for us too, it lets us have a new start.” Damian smiled sadly.

“I know baby, it'll be hard on you, but you'll be fine. Starting over is never easy, but we'll all be fine.”

For the next four and a bit hours that it took for them to reach their new home, Matt and Damian talked and laughed a lot, just having as good a time as you possibly can in a cramped vehicle for so long. They had to make a couple stops for drinks and to feed and or change Dominic, but otherwise they made excellent time. They pulled down their new street, it was a short dead end road with only six houses on it, so it would be nice and peaceful. They pulled into the driveway of the very last house on the left side, and Damian had to admit that it was probably the nicest of the lot.

This story belongs to Erich, please do not post anywhere without asking me first, thanks.
  • Like 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..