Jump to content
    garfwiz
  • Author
  • 4,300 Words
  • 2,652 Views
  • 4 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
Some parts of this story may include descriptions of sexual acts between consenting adult men.  If this offends you, you are not of age to read this or is prohibited then please stop right now and find a story more suited to you.

Warming The Cold One - 5. The Enemy Calvary Arrives With a Plus One

The senior councilman walks up the podium on the council dais. Before sat a few hundred council representatives as well as some on video monitors. “Council members come to order. I open today’s full council meeting. We have a situation of up most importance. Our sources tell us that there is a claim of an Ancient of the Five Winds. I first will tell you that it is not possible. The fifth family is extinct. They who turned their backs on us got what they deserved.”

“I beg your pardon.” A council member about halfway back the chamber calls out. “How can you say they are extinct? They were on the edge of starvation and could not pass on the family heritage. Your own report shows that.”

“Silence. They ran from conflict instead of choosing sides. As the head of the council, my word stands. This rumor is meant to shake the very core of our beliefs. This council has ruled since before lycans ever stepped foot in this new land. I will be damned if it gets destroyed now.”

“Just wait one minute,” another councilman exclaims. “This claim you mention, it has its sights on the council? He or she wants to rule?”

“I never said that. I am saying we cannot listen to the insane assertions of someone in the backwoods territory on an exiled screw-up.”

“You are out of line!” The council member turned towards the others in the room. “We decide things as a group. We have no supreme ruler and we never have since the splitting of the five families. If a claim comes before us, we will hear it. We do not have a choice, but you will abstain yourself or risk being voted out.”

The council room filled with murmurs as the senior council member took a drink of water. “Very well,” the senior councilman replies with a sarcastic tone. “My eyes have been opened and we will investigate further before rulings are made. Can we move on to the next item on the agenda?”

 

“Tala, are you okay?”

Jay watched as Tala cried. Tala had just come face to face with the man that he was sure he loved. A man that used him, and he had wanted to enslave him. Somehow, he stood up to him and backed him down. It took a lot out of him using a power he never knew he would have. Part of him felt liberated and the other part felt like crap. Deep down he still cared for Jacob. He always has cared for Jacob.

“I'm fine. Just really tired.”

“I bet. I do not know how you did what you did, but it was beautiful. Sleep my love; I'll be here when you wake.”

Jake stayed next to Tala until he was fast asleep. He headed upstairs to see Toby. Toby had the answers to what had happened down there, right? He needed to know that Tala was going to be all right.

“Jay, I told you before. I do not know what he did. I have never seen that kind of power in anyone even on a full moon. I was just as scared as you were. I had heard that ancient powers were stronger than they are now, but I had no idea they were that strong. I don’t think that is his only gift either. I am not sure, but I doubt that was his true lycan gift.”

“Really?” Jay looks shocked. “Did you call the council?”

“I had to. I needed to make sure that they knew what happened before Jake got back there.”

Jake sighed. “What did they say?”

“I was told that an Ancient of the Five Winds was impossible, and they hung up on me.”

Tala walks up behind Jay. “I should go to them then. I feel it's only right to prove to them I exist.”

Toby shakes his head. “No Tala, you need to sleep. The best thing to do is stay here for now. Jake will not stay gone forever. If I know him, and I really know his type, he will return with other alphas he has recruited to try to take you away from us.”

“I am not afraid of Jake anymore. Let him come.”

“Good. The power of your pack is in this land right now. Explore it and learn its secrets.”

 

Tala and Jay spent the next couple days in bed again as it took Tala time to fully recover from his run in with Jake. When he felt well again the two of them transformed and explored every inch of the grounds that belonged to their pack. Every smell was investigated, and the couple marked every odd corner.

 

In a small conference room just for the senior council members. A heated discussion starts. “My fellow council members,” The head of the council began. “I call you here to discuss the claim of the Five Winds. There are reports that the alpha Jacob Warner was brought to his knees at the sound of his voice. A new pup does not have the power to defy an alphas order. We must investigate how this pup was able to do this.”

A fellow member speaks up. “This, from the man who denied that he was anything but a fraud? Why do I think this is just another way to discredit Master Toby?”

“Toby has never earned the respect of anyone on this council. Look what he did to his father, James. He refused to turn his own wife when she was dying. He will always care about himself and what he can take from others.”

A third member speaks now. “Dare not speak the name of our fallen brother lightly. His shame for his son was not that he did not do the right thing; it was that he had to do the right thing alone. I doubt you could have done anything different if the roles were reversed. Plus, he would have respected you for doing what you thought was right for your mate.”

The senior council member shouts back. “How dare you speak such lies in this room! What he did was not honorable.” He regains his calm before continuing. “If no one else supports me I will go alone to those back woods and see for myself. When I return, I will prove that he is a fake and that he is nothing more than a mere pup and that Jake is a coward and a blunderbuss.”

 

“Master Toby, a party of alphas was spotted leaving the airport in Seattle. They are coming this way.”

“Very well. Tell the camp to be on the ready for a fight. I think there will be quite a shock coming for our visitors.”

Toby called out to Jay so he and Tala would come in to see him as soon as possible. Within minutes, the couple had come inside and were transforming back to their human forms. He had them sit down in the chairs off to the side.

“I received word a pack of alphas is coming south from Seattle. They are heading directly for us so there is little doubt why they are here. It has only been 6 weeks since Jake left here quivering for his mother. Do you think you are strong enough to take on a party of alphas this soon?”

“I will do what I must. I have been searching my mind for all the secrets my family holds. I think I have unlocked a few that will come in handy if the time comes to use them.”

Jay looks over at his mate with a worried face. “Tala, you have to be careful. Your family has not used those gifts in my generations. There is no one to help you control them, and no one that can teach you to use them safely.”

“I have you. Our spirits are interconnected and your bond to me is stronger than anything. It is you that I will use to control my gifts. Our love will give me the strength I need.”

A loud voice echoed from the main doorway. “Oh how sweet. The little pup is in love.”

Toby was the first to speak. “Who are you? You are not welcome on this land.”

“I am here to take young Oliver here back to his true home.”

“Why would you think I would go with you?”

“I was going to ask nicely. If you refused, I was going to use the other seven alphas I brought with me to drag you back.” Just then, the other seven alphas came from behind the leader. “I will ask nicely first. Please come with us to your home with Jake. He has promised not to whore you out to the rest of his pack. You can be his personal omega if you choose.”

“I respectfully decline and ask you to leave my packs grounds.”

“You don't really understand, do you? I said MOVE.”

The anger in Tala was building as it had with Jake. Jay and Toby stepped back to protect their ears.

“No! I will not be going anywhere. The eight of you are leaving though.”

“Why would we leave here without you?”

Tala felt his spirit tell him he was ready to assist and he embraced the power building up inside him. The eight alphas saw Tala look like he was growing bigger. “You will leave or else I will leave you pissing yourselves just like Jake was when he left.” Tala looked around at the eight alphas for a second before taking his shirt off so it didn’t split open. As soon as the eight men saw his shoulder, he smelled fear. “Oh, he didn't tell you about that part, did he? You see I turned out to be an Ancient spirit wolf. Your alpha tricks don't work on me.”

“No one, other than another alpha, defies an order from an alpha.” The leader of the eight stammers. “It cannot be done.”

“Really? Alpha Ethan, kneel to me.” The alpha near the back coughs for a second then kneels. “Very good, now let's try Alpha Paul. Kneel before me Paul.” Paul tries to fight it, but he too kneels.

“Get up you two! He is just a stupid pup. How did you know our names?”

“It is part of my ancient gifts. I instantly know what is in your hearts. Also, I heard you talking before you entered the clearing.” Jay looks at the leader with a death stare. “Jay, mellow out. I am fine. But the rest of you need to kneel just to make me feel better.” The remaining six men feel the pressure on them now. Everyone but the leader kneels down to Tala.

The leader is now pissed. “Look here you little shit. You come with me and no one gets hurt.”

“No. I think not. However, I think it needs to hurt a bit. I demand you PEE yourself.” The leader’s pants get damp and a trail of urine can be seen going down his pants and into his boots. “Now kneel to me.”

The leader grits his teeth and just shakes his head.

“Alpha William, you will KNEEL to me NOW.”

The leader could not fight it any longer. He sank to his knees in pain. He began to sob, as his power had been broken inside him.

“Oh my god!” A man appeared in the doorway behind the alphas. “What have you done to them?”

 

“Councilman, let me explain.” Toby starts to talk fast. “These eight men are here uninvited in my pack lands and demanded Tala go with them. He was only defending himself and trying to prevent anyone getting hurt.”

The councilman looks over of the eight men on the ground crying. “We'll see if what you say is true.”

“We'll see?” Tala asked politely. “That's a bit negative, don't you think.”

The council chairperson looked over to Toby before answering. “Tobias, I expected that you would have taught this pup to respect his elders. Where is my room?”

“Pardon me Master Faolán? I knew nothing of your intentions to visit. I can have a room ready for you in couple of hours though. Once we excuse our other guests,” Toby pointed at the group of broken spirited lycans by the door, “shall the four of us sit and discuss things?”

“You and I will sit for sure. Those two there are not invited to sit in. On the matter of the eight gentlemen by the door, I would expect that you are going to let them leave on their own accord.” Faolán turned toward the eight men still on their knees crying.

Tala, still very upset, quietly spoke to the eight men. “Get up and leave this land. Tell Jake this will happen to anyone that tries to force me to do anything.” He turned toward Faolán. “I do mean anyone. Since I am not required here any longer, my mate and I will be downstairs if we are needed later.” Tala grabbed Jay's arm and they headed to their room.

 

Once downstairs, Jay looks at Tala shocked. “You can’t talk to a senior councilman like that.”

Jay and Tala lay down next to each other on the bed. “Who is that guy up there?”

“His name is Master Faolán O'Henry. He is the head of the senior lycan council.”

“Okay, so tell me about this council. Are they elected like the government?”

Jay chuckles a bit. “Hardly. From all the alpha packs, a representative is chosen to be sent to the council. A council member is appointed for life. From the larger group, five members make up the senior council. Other than Faolán, all the members are the respected heads of the major families. About 200 CE the lycan community split into the five families. Before this, we had a monarchy style, ruling class. The council was formed and assumed the ruling power. Your family came to the new world on an early Viking ship around the beginning of the 11th century.”

Tala looked sick. “So that makes Faolán of my family?”

“No! Your family started thinning out around the 17th century and was down to just a small pack when they ran from the Civil War. When they could no longer send a representative, the council changed the bylaws to select a wildcard member. This was to prevent ties and deadlocks to council decisions. Thankfully, Faolán is actually not closely related to either of us.”

Tala looked relieved and Jay continued his story. “Your family was deemed extinct. Many who actually knew the truth made sure that the family never really disappeared. Members from three of the remaining families have used their bastard children to keep up the lineage all these years. The first time all four families came together was you. It was an accident honestly. A member of the Amazons fell in love with an American. When mixed with a Himalayan and a Saharan you get Oliver of Four Winds. My clan, the Celts, worked the hardest to keep your family alive and now is the clan that gives you all five winds.”

“So back to why I cannot talk to him like I did.” Tala looked perplexed. “He works for you, correct?”

“He leads the senior council. He deserves respect.” Jay is wondering why Tala doesn’t seem to understand.

“I totally understand what you were taught.” Tala looks into Jay’s eyes to calm him. “I am saying from the point of view of having people direct your life like I have. If they don’t work for you, then they work for someone else. If he is doing what is best for all, then great. If he is here to cover his ass, I’m going to make sure he has something to cover by handing it to him.”

 

“Please have a seat Faolán.” Toby pointed at a chair in him small office. “Why have you come here?”

Faolán sat down. “Tobias, I came because I needed to see for myself what lies you are spreading. An ancient of the five winds is a claim you cannot make lightly.”

Toby looked straight at Faolán when he answered. “I make it with my solemn word. I have never lied to you before; I would not lie to you now. Tala is what I claim.”

“Can you prove his lineage?” Faolán didn’t wait for an answer before continuing. “I doubt it. I have heard the other false claims you have been making. Declaring an heir is absurd. It is public knowledge that your mate is sterile. You have never cheated on her or she would have had your hide. There is also no records of you entering a contract for a pup. So why do you state such a falsification?”

Toby sighed. “I am sure that when you had your talk with Alpha Jacob, he forgot to include the whole story I told him. I married young out of school to a woman that never wanted to be turned. As you know, that is a line I cannot cross an heir to a pack alpha. I was not in time to save her. Jay went up for adoption and my father was ashamed. He quit right after that. Bogoris took up the empty seat until you seized it from him.”

“Quite a tale you weave about your dear fallen wife. I guess you would have DNA of such claims; I will need to examine it. It does not change anything with you claim that Oliver is of five winds. I will have to do some research into his true heritage before anything else can be done.”

 

Tala seemed amused for a second. “Now I get it! That freak upstairs is pissed off because someone from his family didn't do what he wanted them to.”

“Exactly that. He is ashamed of his clans' loose loins.” Both Tala and Jay start to laugh. Their laughing soon turned to kissing. The kissing led them to making out on the bed. “Tala, we are over dressed for what we are doing.” Jay and Tala strip down and get back on the bed. This time the make out session gets a little more heated.

 

A few hours after Toby and Faolán's meeting, Faolán returns to Toby's office with a few documents in his hand. “After careful review of the lineage records, I do find that Oliver has the required ancestry to be deemed a true American clan wolf. The other families have done a bang up job keeping his blood clean. I cannot however prove your claim that Jason is your son by records alone. I will examine his clan marking and judge on that. If he is your son, I will know immediately. I will also choose to examine Oliver and his markings. I will also require that he change in front of me.”

Toby looked pleased. “I will call them up to meet with you. Do you wish to do this here or on the sun porch outside?”

“I will check the markings here. The porch will do nicely for witnessing the change. Please summon them.”

Toby picked up a telephone on his desk and dialed down to the lower level bedroom. “Jay, yes, it is Toby. I am truly sorry I woke both of you but Master Faolán requires your presence. He just wants to examine the clan markings you both have then he wants to see Tala change out on the sun porch. Excellent, I will see you in my office soon then.” Toby turned to Faolán. “They will be up in a few minutes.”

 

“Tala, that was Toby. Master Faolán has requested that we come upstairs. He needs to examine our clan markings as well as he needs to witness your change out on the sun porch.” Jay turned toward the nervous Tala. “It's going to be all right. He cannot do anything to hurt you.”

“I know he can't, but I am still a little shy when it comes to changing.” Tala pleaded with his eyes. “Can we talk him out of watching me change?”

“No, I'm afraid that he will have to witness it to declare you are not requesting Five Winds status falsely.”

“Okay then. Let's go!”

 

Jay and Tala get dressed and head upstairs towards Toby's office. When they arrive, Toby offers them a seat at the end of the table. Tala's stomach starts to turn a bit as the nervousness becomes a bit more pronounced.

“First off I will examine Jason's clan markings.” Jay gets up and takes his shirt off. He turns so that Faolán has the best view of his clan marking. “Yes, I see. He is an heir for sure. I will update the records at the council's registry that Jason Michael Wilson is an heir to the Celtic clan. You may sit back down.” He turned toward Tala. “Oliver…”

“My name is Tala.”

“Young man, your name is Oliver and that is the name I will address you by.”

Jay speaks up. “You misunderstand Master Faolán. Tala and I are mates. His wolf has taken the name Tala and it is only correct protocol to call him by his spirit name.”

“Insolent pup, you will speak when spoken to. Now sit back and do not interrupt me again.” Tala was starting to get mad, but Jay nodded to ease Tala's mind. “Now as I was saying, Oliver I will need to examine your markings.” Tala stood up and removed his shirt. He turned so that Faolán could examine the intricate markings. “I have never seen this before. You must have hired an excellent artist to create a rub on tattoo this detailed. Did Jason rub this on your shoulder just before you came up here?”

“I beg your pardon. These markings appeared on my body once I awoke from an ordeal I had with an object that Jake had tricked me into accepting. It's a story I'm sure you have already heard in length, so I won't bore you with the details.”

Faolán did not even blink before starting in again with him. “Please come closer.” Tala walked over to where Faolán was sitting. “Much better view now. Very interesting markings, I must say. I will accept that you did not fake these markings yourself. Shall we go out to the porch and I will watch you transform into the Florida Red Wolf I am sure you will turn out to be.”

Outside, Tala stepped behind some furniture to undress. “No, I need to see you fully so I know it is truly you that is before me once transformed.” Unhappily, Tala steps out to the center of the porch wearing nothing but the two tags he got from Jay before and after their mating session. “Now, I order you to CHANGE.” Tala just stood there. “What are you waiting for? I ordered you to change.”

Tala smiled a bit. “You didn't say please. You seem to forget that I am immune to alpha speak.”

Jay looks over at Tala. “Tala, can we just get this over with and not upset Master Faolán anymore then we already have? Will you change please?”

“Fine, I will change now.” Tala started to kneel down as his spirit took over the changing. Within seconds, there stood a Great Plains' wolf with a couple streaks of red around the face and under his mussel. Tala walked around the porch a bit. He wanted to make sure Faolán saw he was the real Ancient of the Five Winds.

Faolán was at a loss for words. He knew right then that Tala was telling the total truth. How could it be? He had worked so hard to insure something like this could never happen. His very job was on the line now that this upstart proved he was of the fifth family. “I will have to take my finding back to the council before I can declare Oliver here is truly of the Four Winds.”

Tala did not like the sound of Faolán's voice and barked very loudly once. Faolán's head snapped to look Tala straight in the eye. Tala stared back and barked again. Faolán started to shake and his wolf spirit started to take over to change him to his wolf form. Before Jay or Toby knew what was happening, Tala had forced Faolán to change into his Egyptian Grey wolf form.

“Toby, how did Tala do that?” Tala barked softly at Jay's question. “Never mind, I understand now.”

Toby turned to Jay. “Okay then explain it to me!”

Jay laughed. “Tala used his ancient voice to order Master Faolán to change for him.” Jay turned toward Tala. “I thought I told you not to make trouble.” Tala just sit back and panted for a second. “You are going to regret sticking your tongue out at me!”

Tala turned his attention back to Faolán's wolf form. He barked firmly and Faolán walked over to him and put his head under Tala's mussel in a sign of servitude. Gratified, Tala barked again but a little bit more softly this time. Faolán walked back over to his pile of clothes. The change was a bit slower than normal but Faolán returned to his human form. He got dressed and turned toward Toby.

“Tobias, I will take my leave now. You will hear from the council in a few days.” At this, he turned and left the porch. He walked over to Toby's office and grabbed his papers. From there he left to return to the council to report his findings.

Copyright © 2019-2023 garfwiz; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 26
  • Love 15
  • Haha 6
Feedback in the comments is always appreciated.
I really do love hearing from the people who read this story.
 
If you want to see a chart of names, please see this link: https://www.jento.space/names
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Good job "Master" Faolan, dickhead.

NB: I meant Good Job in the kiwi slang way. Not the 'I think he did his job well' way.

Be interesting too see if Master Faolan reports the truth back to the Council.

Also can't wait to see what Jake tries next.

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
2 hours ago, Buz said:

Good job "Master" Faolan, dickhead.

NB: I meant Good Job in the kiwi slang way. Not the 'I think he did his job well' way.

Be interesting too see if Master Faolan reports the truth back to the Council.

Also can't wait to see what Jake tries next.

I'm glad you are liking it so far.  The next chapter is already in the queue so you won't have to wait too long to find out what is going to happen next.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..