Jump to content
    garfwiz
  • Author
  • 3,603 Words
  • 2,728 Views
  • 3 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
Some parts of this story may include descriptions of sexual acts between consenting adult men.  If this offends you, you are not of age to read this or is prohibited then please stop right now and find a story more suited to you.

Warming The Cold One - 9. Family Comes in Many Packages

“Master, we are arriving in Boise now and will touch down in a few minutes. Please fasten your seatbelts.” The pilot turned back toward the front and they soon felt the plane touchdown. “There is a driver waiting for you just inside the terminal that can take you to where you need to go.”

“Thank you, we appreciate all your planning on short notice.” Toby turned to his two passengers and motioned for the door.

The three men talked about different layout options for the compound back in Cathlamet. The driver took them northeast into the hills the Boise National Forest. They drove for about an hour before their SUV stopped in front of a small grouping of houses. They got out of the car and looked around at the surroundings.

“You do not belong here!” Out of the shadows came six enforcers armed with shotguns. “You have some nerve showing your face here. Why don't you all get back in your car and leave and we will pretend you were never here.”

“I am here though. I came to offer my fellow American wolves the opportunity to rejoin your true clan. I am not here for any other reason.” Tala paused for a second to read the feeling of the men who now surrounded them. “I know you have not been represented properly in the past. I will make that right again. The actions of one shall not smudge the glory of all.”

“What can you do,” the enforcer asked. You are a lone wolf claiming to be something you are not. We will not let anything you do shame us any longer.”

An older wolf now walks out of the shadow. “My son has damaged us enough with his lust for you. That shame will not end while you stand here.”

Tala felt something in him shift and he now knew how to defuse the situation. “I understand your feelings Uncle.” Jay looked at Tala with shock on his face. “You never thought I would figure out who you were if I were brought here as Jake's omega. You are right. I would never have been able to access the power I have now if that had happened. I promise you that it is better this way. I could never hate my cousin the way he hates me.”

“Your cousin?” Jay exclaimed.

Jake’s father continues, “I never told him that you were blood. In that situation it didn't matter as it would have been normal pack dynamics. I disagree that this is better however because now you know the truth.”

“Uncle Alexander, I understand why you didn't tell him. You still miss my mother and the thought of seeing me as your nephew would have torn open that pain again. I forgive you. I want you to be proud of me and I want to have you join me. I request an audience with your pack alpha.”

“I am so sorry Oliver, I never meant to do the things I did.” Alexander started to cry. “I will take you to see Michael.”

“No need, I am here Alexander. I am sorry I didn’t warn you he was coming. I also thought you had read the news from the council. Your nephew Tala is now the recognized American clan leader, Order of Five Winds and Bearer of the King’s Cross. You have a very powerful lycan in front of you.”

Alexander looks shocked. “It was all true? I’m so sorry Oliver, I mean Tala.”

Michael stepped forward and bows to Tala and Toby. “It is an honor to have to clan heads visiting our lands. Please come with me, our meeting hall is right over here.” The four men walked towards the meeting hall while the six enforcers returned to guard duty.

Once settled Toby spoke first. “I thank you Sir Michael for your hospitality in these uncertain times.”

“When Master Tobias comes to your land, it must be important. I understand that you have brought Master Tala to ask us to rejoin the American clan.” Michael turned to face Tala. “Why us?”

“My mate and I were given lands in Southeast Washington as a mating gift. We decided to search for my lost clan members and offer them the ability to rejoin their clan of blood. Your packs were the first to show up on our search.”

Michael had a look of displeasure on his face. “I see. Do you understand the gravity of your arrival here?”

Tala was not fazed by his question. “I do indeed. My hope that is my offer does not escalate things between certain parties and myself. I must offer this to all fairly and equally.”

“What if I were to accept? What would our future hold?” Michael asked coarsely.

“I would let your pack be as it is. I know that your pack has suffered greatly even with protection, and I would never wish to make that suffering any worse. I would restore your representative to the council and ensure any sanctions were lifted. Your lives would be the same except you would know that you are not hiding who you really are anymore.”

Michael thought for a second. “If we were to decline? Then what?”

“I get back in that SUV outside and leave. I would never tell anyone that I am related to your pack’s beta or to Jake. I am assured that Toby would have the protections maintained.”

“That's it. We would just be another pack in the American clan?” Michael mused. “Do you take me for a fool? You must seek revenge for what Jake wanted to do to you.”

“No, I do not.” Tala’s look spoke more than his words that he meant every word. “I do not understand the reasons Jake wanted what he wanted but I will not seek revenge. That is not how a true man deals with his issues and it is not how a clan leader should act either. My job is the welfare of my clansmen and my family. I want nothing more.”

“Hold out your hand,” Michael instructed.

Tala extended his right hand. Michael grabbed it firmly in his and then quickly let go. Tala looked up at him before starting to cry. “It is done. Thank you Michael.”

Jay looked over to Toby. “What just happened?”

Toby turned back to Jay. “Tala now has two packs in the American clan.”

Michael turned to Jay. “Sir Jason, your father is a wise man.” Michael looked back toward Tala. “I too must look after the people I care for. Tala here showed me that he was only here because he wanted to help us no matter the personal cost to himself.”

Tala looked up for a second. “I assume that Jake is already on his way here.”

Michael stopped to feel the air. “I believe he is. He will have been watching the area.”

“Wrong old man, I am already here. Hello maggots.” Jake laughed.

“Hello cousin. I wondered why you were not here sooner. Your father must not have called you like I thought he did before coming out to apologize to me for you.”

Alexander spoke up. “I did not call him, but I understand why you might think I would. If I had, I would have told him not to show his face here.

Tala motioned to a chair. “Please sit down Jake. We need to talk.”

Jake gave Tala a death stare as he sat down. “What do you want to talk about?”

Tala turned to him and answered calmly. “I want to talk about us being a family. Your dad is now part of my clan and you can be too.”

His voice full of poison, Jake replied. “What would that get me? You want to drag me through the dirt and make me a bigger outcast.”

Tala shook his head. “The chance to get to know me and to heal what came between us is what I am offering. There are many things we didn’t know before that have come out. There is a reason we were drawn together before. We share an ancestry. I just want to set things right between us and restore your pack.”

“Don't you mean rule with our pack and treat us as slaves? We don't become instantly related just from being in your clan.”

Tala finally had enough and snapped back at Jake. “Jake we are blood cousins! My mother was your aunt. Ask your father!”

“Huh? Are you saying my father knew? He would have told me!” Jake’s anger rose as he was forced to listen to what he knew were lies.

“Calm down Jake!” Michael looks in to Jake’s eyes. “It is true Jake. Your father was supposed to tell you but he could not face it. I told him it would cause his family pain later but he couldn’t face his past. He found out after moving away from the family at a young age who he really was. He felt it was his duty to keep up the lie. No one would have believed him.”

Tala spoke quietly. “My mother told me of an older brother that left the family when she was young. He was never spoken of and I only remembered him when I saw him an hour ago.”

Jake started thinking out loud. “I wanted to fuck my cousin?” Jake anger fell away and his face paled. “Eeew! I was going to fuck my cousin!”

“I agree.” Tala looked Jake straight in the eyes before continuing. “I never knew until I came here. The moment I saw your father tonight, I knew it was true right then and there. I understood why you were drawn to me and why I always cared for you.”

“This is it then? I have nothing!” Jake started to weep. “The pack I started has left me because of my fight with you. Both of the packs I have ever known have exiled me. Now, I don't even have my family either.” Jake stormed out the room.

Jay turned to the others. “I think that went well.”

Tala still looked concerned. “No, it is worse than I dreamed of. We have to find him before he does something stupid. If we do not, he will not last the night.”

The search parties combed the Idaho woods for many hours. About four in the morning, the call came out that Jake was found in a small cave about a mile from the main camp. Alexander quickly called out first to retrieve him. “I will get him. I want him to know I will never leave him.”

Tala turned to him. “No, I will go get him. I cannot have him lash out at anyone but me.”

Jay grabbed Tala's hand. “Let us both go then.”

“I must go alone for this.”

Jay held Tala's hand harder. “You cannot go alone! What if he attacks you?”

“He will try. That is what I want him to do at least. I am going to try one last time to speak reason to him.” Tala left the room to head toward Jake's cave.

“Go away. Please leave me alone.” Jake begged. “Why won't you let me be? I was wrong to have tried to enslave you. Is that what you want to hear? You have taken everything from me!”

“I never wished to take anything from you. I loved you but it is not the same as when I saw Jay. You came after me and I overreacted. It hurt me dearly to break your hold over me. I never stopped caring for you and I did not want to lose my hold on a normal life. Jake, you are my family now and forever. Let me give you back your pride. I never at any time said a single bad word about you publicly and I never will.” Tala stepped closer to Jake and held out his hand. “Let me be your friend again. Your passion is what drives people to action. Your gift is to rally people together. Let me help you, please.”

“No orders?” Jake looked up at his cousin.

“I made you sit down because I knew you needed to hear what I had to say. I should not have done that.” Tala looked hurt inside that he used his power for his own gain. “I had a bad feeling about coming here. I was sure I would start a war, but I think now that I needed to be here for you.”

“For me?” Jake looks surprised.

“Yes, for you.” Tala sat down next to Jake. “Join us and help us heal your spirit. It cries out in loneliness right now. You can rejoin your father's pack, I can find you a pack, or you can have a new pack of your own.”

“I have no one to join me in a pack. I burned many bridges in the last few weeks. Do you think they will take me?” Jake almost sounded like he would beg his cousin to make them accept him.

“That I cannot decide. I am not the head of that pack and it would not be proper to decide that unless Michael asks me.” Tala helped Jake up off the ground. “I know the only way to find out. We ask.”

A few minutes later, the two young men are standing in front of Michael. “Sir Michael, Alpha of the Boise Woods Pack of the American Clan, I request permission to rejoin the pack of my birth.”

“I am surprised to hear your request to be honest. If I remember correctly, you wished to leave my pack because I was holding you back. Now, you wish to return.” Michael turned to Tala for a second. Tala nodded to him. “In light of recent events, I am given pause. However, I am assured by my clan head that you are a changed wolf. I accept your request. Welcome home, Pup!” Michael opened his arms to offer Jake a hug.

 

“Thank you Uncle for the use of your spare room. Jay and I slept wonderfully.” Tala sipped at a cup of coffee Alexander handed him.

“I should be thanking you. You brought my son home. You gave me a link back to my family.” Alexander turned toward the window where he watched Jake carrying a box in from his truck. “I never thought I would have the chance to make things right.”

“I would do anything for my family.” Tala put his cup in the sink. “I have to meet with Michael in a few minutes, but I do have a question.”

“Anything.” Alexander looked back toward Tala. “Ask away.”

Weaker than he expected his question to come out, from his lips slid four simple words. “Who was my real father?”

“Real father?” Alexander looked puzzled.

“I have spent a lot of time reading and there are a lot of missing things when I look at our family tree. My mother’s side is teaming with people, but not so on my father’s side. I cannot find a single lycan link. I have found my mother was 80% American and 20% Himalayan. Where do I get the 20% Saharan and 30% Amazon from?” Tala looked down. “It is just another family lie I have to figure out.”

Alexander thought for a minute before answering. “I am not really sure. As you know I left years before your mother had you.”

Tala sighed. “I figured I’d ask. I really hope to find him someday.”

“I am sorry for the change in plans on such short notice Michael.” Jay sat down across from Michael. “Tala had a few formalities he needed to go over with you.”

“You are his mate Jay. I trust you to take over for him here.” Michael motioned for Jay to proceed.

Jay took out a sheet of paper with the questions his father told him he needed to answer. “First, do you have an offshoot pack? Anyone that you use to keep new blood?”

Michael seemed prepared for that question. “No, we usually would participate in the fairs and gatherings for proper diversity.”

“Good. Now are you planning to change your council representative?”

Michael was not ready for that question. “Change? We do not have a representative. Our pack is so small that we never could send someone even part time.”

Jay was taken aback. “What? Your pack is decent size. Could you spare no one at all? I am sure two members would not have been a burden.”

“What do you mean two? We were told that we would have to staff a whole office at our expense. I was also told by Faolán that my pack needed to be over two hundred members for us to be included.”

Jay sat shocked for a second. “I am so sorry Michael. I never dreamed that he could lie to you like that. A pack must only be registered to have someone on the council. I will speak to my father later about that. My last question, since all the others are now irrelevant, is to ask if you will accept our invitation to visit us when our clans' main camp is finished.”

“I am so sorry Michael. I was selfish to send Jay in my place yesterday.” Tala was sitting across from Michael. “I just needed to reconnect with my family. I should not have ignored the rest of my clan.”

“I think it was best for you to do what you did.” Michael looked Tala straight in the eye. “Jay was able to do things that you and I would not have been able to. His knowledge is what figured out we were being cheated. He brought over the new pack paperwork last night and I signed it already. All it needs is your signature.”

Tala signed on the line making Michael's pack officially a member of the American clan. “Have you thought about who you want to send to the council?”

“Yes, and it someone I think you should meet. I invited him to come by.” Just as Michael said it, there was a knock on the door. “Please come in Hawk.”

“You called to see me Michael.” Tala turned to see a young man about his age come in the door.

“It is nice to meet you...” Tala stopped talking the moment he saw the man's face.

Hawk stared back at him for a second. “You are. I mean you're. You're him.”

“I used to be.” Tala barely got out but could not stop staring at the man's face. “I am Tala.”

“Tala.” Hawk seemed to weight the name in his head. “I am...”

“Yes, you are Hawk.” Tala felt like he was staring into a mirror of himself. “I know you somehow.”

Michael spoke up for a second. “Tala, your uncle asked me to do a check for him. Our records show that Haih Bia'isa here was born in North Dakota about a year after you were.” Tala seemed confused. “Hawk, if you would please explain who you are.”

“My father was from Boise area. He met a woman in Florida while he was visiting different packs on business. They fell in love and they moved back here for a few months. She was homesick and traveled back to North Dakota. A long-distance relationship didn’t work out. She told him that she was pregnant and that she met a man and they were to be married. He never heard from her again.”

“What was his name?”

Hawk quietly said, “Lucas.”

“Did you say Lucas?” Tala sat up rigid.

“Yes.”

“My mother talked a of a Lucas from when she was young. So that must be my father's real name. Wait a second.” Tala turned to Michael. “Is he?”

Hawk answered before Michael could. “I am your brother Tala.”

Tala fell to his knees crying. “How is this possible that I didn’t know?”

Hawk got down on his knees to look at Tala's face. “Someone found out who you were. Dad had work through others to hide you. They moved you to Arizona when you were young so no one would find out.”

“Why hide me?”

Hawk gets a bit indignant before speaking. “Your parents should never have been together. It was forbidden! It is still illegal to be of more than three clans and we are four. The only reason I am not dead is that our father sent me here and made it look like I was a stray. Michael has been hiding me under the nose of Alexander ever since.”

Tala perked up with a thought. “Can I meet him?”

Hawk sighed sadly. “No. My mother and he mated about a year after you were born. They were on a trip and she got sick. She passed when I was five and as you know, a mated pair die together. I found out when it was in the paper. I never got to say goodbye.”

Tala takes in everything for a second and hugs Hawk as hard as he can. “I don't know what to say. In less than a month, I went from having just a mate to having a whole family.”

Michael gave the two brothers a second to finish their hug. “Your uncle was hard to keep in the dark about Hawk. It is time for him to be more than a simple laborer. I think he is ready to join his brother. I wish to nominate Hawk to be his pack representative.”

Copyright © 2019-2023 garfwiz; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 23
  • Love 17
  • Wow 6
Feedback in the comments is always appreciated.
I really do love hearing from the people who read this story.
 
If you want to see a chart of names, please see this link: https://www.jento.space/names
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Woah! Still don't understand the ins and outs so gonna have to read the above again...but, Woah!

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..