Jump to content
    Greg_A
  • Author
  • 1,247 Words
  • 3,978 Views
  • 12 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Blind Date and Beginnings - 2. Blind date - Part 2

I decided the story line was kind of fun and wanted to continue it to see where I would go with it.

I started getting dressed and I knew I had to have a goofy grin on my face. A guy wanted to go get coffee. With me. A hot guy!

Then I started getting a little nervous. A hot guy wanted to go get coffee with me! What the hell was I going to do? I hadn’t been on a date in… Hell! I didn’t remember the last time I had had a date! I don’t think anyone would ever describe me as being very social.

As I walked out of the examining room the nurse told me Doctor Ryan was going to the pharmacy to get my script and would meet me in the waiting room. I mumbled my thanks and started walking slowly down the hall. What was I going to do about Ryan? I have a hell of a time getting past my shyness and somehow I just didn’t see Ryan wanting to sit with me for an hour while I worked up my nerve to just say hi. The situation with Janet had been totally different. If for no other reason than that I had been in the company of friends, albeit friends I was going to strangle later. I was going to be all alone with Ryan.

As soon as I walked into the waiting room my stomach dropped as I realized Amy, John and Janet were there waiting on me. My date from hell wasn’t actually over yet! Somehow I had to get them to leave before Ryan came back. And even though I think even Amy was willing to admit Janet was being a bitch, I didn’t think she’d be thrilled to see me go out with Ryan.

“I didn’t think you guys would still be here,” I blurted out without thinking. As soon as that was out of my mouth I knew I had to cover my goof. “That was really sweet,” I finished lamely.

“Oh Zach,” Amy answered coming up to me and hugging me gently being conscious of my wounds. “Did you think we were just going to abandon you here to try and make you own way home? We’ll get you settled back at your house and then John and I will go get your car from Mario’s.”

Over Amy’s shoulder I could see Janet fuming and I inwardly smiled as she let out a large breath of exasperation. “Do you think you could drop me by my apartment sometime tonight?” she said more than a little waspishly.

“Just as soon as we get Zach taken care of,” Amy replied icily without even looking at her. “If you are in a hurry I’m sure you could call a cab to come get you.”

Janet opened her mouth to retort and I decided to cut her off. I really wasn’t in the mood to listen to the two of the trade barbed comments all night and this also gave me a great excuse to send Amy and John off before Ryan got back. “Nonsense,” I said smiling and trying to look innocent. “You and John take Janet home. I have to wait for the doctor to get me some pain pills and there is no reason for all of you to wait here with me all night.”

“It’s no bother Zach,” Amy protested. “Besides, how are you going to get home if we don’t take you?”

“He could take a cab,” I heard Janet mumble in a quiet voice I’m sure she knew would be loud enough for us to hear.

I could feel Amy stiffen and I knew she was about to start a major battle if I didn’t do something fast. I silently looked at John begging with my eyes for him to intervene and help me out.

“Why don’t we take Janet home and then come back and pick up Zach?” John quickly asked in his most reasonable voice. I could have kissed him even if it was only solving part of the problem. I was definitely going to have to do something nice for him when this was all over.

“Well…..I don’t know,” Amy answered slowly. Her mothering instincts were obviously in conflict here. On one hand she wanted to take care of me and make sure I got home in once piece. But those same instincts of taking care of me also made her want to get Janet away from me as fast as possible.

“Uh,” I jumped in trying to figure how to word my next few sentences in a way that Amy would accept. “You don’t have to worry about me. The, uhm, doctor who patched me up said he’d, uhm, drive me home.” Well, it wasn’t much of a lie I tried to appease my conscious. I’m sure Ryan intended to get me home after we had coffee.

“The doctor offered to take you home,” Amy asked suspiciously, her eyes narrowing at me as she looked at me. Damn her and her suspicious mind anyway!

“Uhm, yeah,” I answered somewhat lamely. I could feel my cheeks starting to get a little warm and knew I was probably starting to blush. “He said he was, uh, getting off duty. After he finished with me. Uh, I mean, after fixing me up. Putting my stitches in and all.” I was starting to babble which is never a good sign. “He is going to come get me. Bring me my prescription,” I trailed off lamely.

Amy looked at me for a second and then sighed softly as she finally figured out the pleading look in my eyes. I saw a brief smile touch her face which she quickly hid. “Well, I guess we can leave you in the doctor’s capable hands,” she said, the amusement dripping from her tongue. “I’m sure he’ll take care of your needs Zach.”

I know my cheeks had to be flaming now and my mouth dropped a little in astonishment. Amy was actually giving in? She was going to let me off the hook? Oh sure, she was teasing me with her little innuendo, but she was abandoning the whole set me up with a female thing? When had the space aliens abducted her?

“Good night Zach,” Amy said as she hugged me. “I’ll call you tomorrow and see about picking up your car.” Amy held me in that hug a little longer than she normally does and she then she brought her mouth fairly close to my ear. “I’m sorry about Janet and you be careful.”

“We’ll see you later Zach,” John called out as he started to herd Janet towards the parking lot. He briefly flashed me a grin that spoke volumes and I felt myself blush yet one again.

I actually held my breath as the three of them walked out the door. In spite of my parents hard work of instilling manners into me I couldn’t quite bring myself to say goodnight to Janet. I doubted she even noticed truthfully.

I didn’t release my breath until the door actually closed. In my warped little brain I kept seeing pictures of Amy coming back in and insisting on meeting Ryan. Or possibly dragging me out with her by my ear. Or spanking me or something. I know – I already said I’m warped!

As the door finally closed the breath came whooshing out of me and the butterflies in my stomach started to settle. I had done it! I actually got them to leave!

“Hey handsome,” I heard Ryan say as he came walking up behind me. “You ready to go?”

Suddenly those butterflies morphed into pterodactyls….

I decided the story line was kind of fun and wanted to continue it to see where I would go with it.
Copyright © 2014 Greg_A; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 15
  • Love 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

You have got to add more to this. I want to know what happens on the date with the sexy doctor. Not only that but I'm pretty sure Amy isn't as lenient as she seemed. Please more hehe

Link to comment
On 04/03/2013 03:07 PM, Daithi said:
You have got to add more to this. I want to know what happens on the date with the sexy doctor. Not only that but I'm pretty sure Amy isn't as lenient as she seemed. Please more hehe
Thanks! I'm glad you're enjoying it. I'm having fun with it and will add some more. I have a general idea of what I want to do, now I just need to find the time to write it!

 

Thanks for reading!

Link to comment
On 04/04/2013 06:19 AM, Slytherin said:
Blind date from hell - poor Zach.. Very entertaining though :)
Yeah, Zachie has his problems doesn't he?

 

This was fun to write and I'm thinking I'll be adding a few more installments. As soon as I find time that is!

Link to comment

This was a really entertaining little story! very enjoyable. I was a little confused by the comments about having a boyfriend fro 8 years and something about Amy having met Alex. was this a long-term ex? also, I gotta say that amy seems like a shit friend.

Link to comment
On 04/07/2013 09:05 AM, aleconfire said:
This was a really entertaining little story! very enjoyable. I was a little confused by the comments about having a boyfriend fro 8 years and something about Amy having met Alex. was this a long-term ex? also, I gotta say that amy seems like a shit friend.
Hey - thanks for reading and commenting - I appreciate it!

 

The comment about Alex and long term relationship was a throwback to my other story. I borrowed the characters for this one from my story Alex and Zach. It's not really relevant to the story line for this story, but for any of my readers familiar with my other writing I'm sure they'll recognize them.

 

And everybody needs a friend like Amy! LOL I know - she's a bit bitchy, but she does have a heart of gold. I intend to expand on the story and I think that will become more apparent with future writings.

 

Thanks again for reading!

Link to comment
On 04/08/2013 12:52 AM, Daddydavek said:
Butterflies morphing into pterodactyls. Now that is a vivid word picture.
It's one of my favorite lines! I think it pretty much gets across just how nervous someone is without any chance of misunderstanding.

 

Thanks for reading and commenting Daddy - as always I appreciate it!

Link to comment

So glad you decided to continue this. Boy, Zach is a better person than me. I would have had to smack the stupid blind date with words or backhand her. lol. Enjoying this immensely! :)

Link to comment
On 04/18/2013 12:52 AM, joann414 said:
So glad you decided to continue this. Boy, Zach is a better person than me. I would have had to smack the stupid blind date with words or backhand her. lol. Enjoying this immensely! :)
Thanks Joann! I hadn't originally planned on making this a multi chapter story - it was really just supposed to be a quick prompt response. But my imagination went into overdrive and I was having fun with it!

 

Thanks for reading and commenting!

Link to comment

Didn´t want to say it after the first chapter, but Janet is a bitch and I hope this was the last time we saw her :P But I´m starting to like Amy :*) and John is definitely a good guy :*) On to the next chapter to see if the doctor is a good guy as well :read:

Link to comment
On 02/20/2014 04:50 PM, Suvitar said:
Didn´t want to say it after the first chapter, but Janet is a bitch and I hope this was the last time we saw her :P But I´m starting to like Amy :*) and John is definitely a good guy :*) On to the next chapter to see if the doctor is a good guy as well :read:
Thanks for continuing the read - glad you are enjoying it. And Janet - well, I'm sure she has some good qualities somewhere! LOL - I actually had a lot of fun writing such a, ahem, bitchy character.

 

Thanks again for reading!

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..