Jump to content
    Greg_A
  • Author
  • 3,453 Words
  • 3,030 Views
  • 10 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Blind Date and Beginnings - 5. Blind Date - Part 5

“Zach,” Amy said in an exasperated voice, “what are you doing? What’s taking so long to answer the door?”

“I was asleep,” I answered wondering if I could get her to leave. Maybe if I played the wounded thing a bit she’d take pity on me and I could escape with a shred of grace.

“Asleep?” Amy exclaimed in disbelief. “It’s 9:30 Zach. You never sleep this late.”

“I took a pain pill,” I tried to explain. “The doctor told me it would make me sleepy.” That was safe I reasoned. Surely Amy would take pity on me now and let me sleep. And it wasn’t even a fib. Ryan had told me the pills would make me sleepy.

“Oh,” Amy answered contritely. “Well get up and let me in. I’ll take you out for brunch and then we’ll go get your car.”

Shit! Now what was I supposed to do? Amy’s request was reasonable and she was trying to be nice. She knew I still needed to get my car from Mario’s. I cringed realizing I was going to have to admit I wasn’t home. I knew she would pounce when I admitted I had spent the night with Ryan and I knew she was going to jump to the wrong conclusion too. I sat up in bed sighing as I prepared to explain and glanced over at Ryan. He was looking at me sleepily with an amused expression on his face.

“Uhm,” I hedged trying to come up with a graceful way of admitting I wasn’t home. “I can’t let you in Amy. I’m not home.” Ryan grinned at me flashing those sexy dimples of his and idly reached over running his fingers up and down my side making me shiver.

“What!” Amy exclaimed loudly. “Where are you?”

“I, uh, stayed the night with, uh, with Ryan,” I tried to explain in my most reasonable, leave it alone voice. Ryan sat up next to me and his grin was positively devilish. He wrapped his arms around me rubbing my chest and stomach with feather light fingers. The bastard started nuzzling at my neck with his nose and even took little nibbles at my ears. He was enjoying my squirming way too much!

“You spent the night with Ryan?” Amy practically shouted into the phone. “Oh Zach! How could you have sex with a man you just met? That’s not like you!”

“I didn’t say I had sex with him,” I protested. “I just said I stayed the night. I slept here, that’s all.”

Ryan playfully nipped at my ear again. “Well, it wasn’t from lack of desire,” he murmured with a warm breath across my ear that sent shivers down my spine. He slowly ran the fingers of one hand down my chest and stomach and just barely inched his way under the waist band of my underwear. I shuddered again as he slowly ran his fingers along my waist and I stifled a groan.

“Sure Zach,” Amy said dripping sarcasm. “Doctors always invite their patients over to sleep after they stitch them up.”

“Amy!” I grumbled, getting irritated. “Nothing happened. We lost track of time talking and Ryan invited me to stay when we realized how late it was.” I conveniently left out that I had actually shared Ryan’s bed. I figured Amy didn’t really need to know that. Nor did she need to know how tempted I had been. “Leave it alone,” I growled. I knew I was irritated because Amy wasn’t that far off from the truth, but she didn’t have to know that either.

“All right Zach,” Amy sighed. “But I want to meet him. I can tell you’re interested in this guy and I want to get to know him.” Amy paused for a couple of seconds and I could almost hear the wheels turning in her brain. “Why don’t the two of you meet me at Mario’s for lunch? You have to pick up your car anyway.”

Ryan was still running his fingers along my skin distracting me for all he was worth and I knew I had to get Amy off the phone before I actually moaned out loud. “I don’t know if he has plans for lunch Amy,” I answered trying to hedge my bets. Besides I wasn’t sure I really wanted Amy digging into Ryan giving him the third degree.

“I’m free,” Ryan murmured between nibbles along my jaw. God! This man was driving me crazy with lust!

“C’mon Zach,” Amy wheedled not hearing Ryan agree. “You have to eat and I promise I’ll be good. I just want to get to know him.”

“Alright,” I agreed reluctantly, more to get off the phone than any real desire for Amy and Ryan to meet. “We’ll see you there at one, ok?” I turned and gave Ryan a stern look as he started lightly tickling my sides. How the hell did he figure out I’m ticklish?

“One,” Amy agreed. “I’ll see you there. You two can go back to your romp now,” Amy laughed as she hung up. Damn! I was really hoping that was just a wild guess on her part.

“You are evil!” I said to Ryan as I turned and pounced on him. I quickly pinned his hands over his head, more because he was laughing hysterically and not really putting up a struggle. “I should make you pay, but I get the feeling you’d just enjoy it!” I told him sternly, my grin making a lie out of my gruff voice. I leaned in and gave him a kiss since his mouth was so handy.

“So should I be worried about meeting your friends?” Ryan asked grinning at me, his green eyes sparkling mischievously.

I returned his grin as I let him up. “Not of Amy,” I answered as I stole another kiss. Ryan’s stubble tickled and his lips tasted wonderful. “She’ll be nice to you. It’s me she’ll torture. Actually most of my friends we’ll probably be super nice to you while they harass me.”

Laughing, Ryan sat up next to me. “With friends like that who needs enemies?” Ryan asked grinning. “But yeah, most of my friends will be the same way.”

“Guess it’s how we know they love us,” I replied laughing. “Amy will probably grill you a bit, but I’ll protect you,” I teased. I paused for a few seconds, my expression growing serious. “No, it’s not Amy we have to worry about. Alex is the one we’re going to have to tread lightly around.”

“Alex?” Ryan asked adopting my serious mood. I could see the spark of curiosity in his eyes as he asked. He had had that same look when I mentioned Alex the night before but had refrained from asking. I could tell he really wanted to, but was reluctant to invade my privacy. That little act of thoughtfulness, even misplaced as it was, was just so sweet.

“Alex was the first guy I had a relationship with,” I explained smiling at him. “My first everything really. He was the first guy I dated, the first guy I kissed, the first guy I had a serious relationship with, and the first guy I slept with. We met in college and were together for eight years.”

“Wow!” Ryan replied cocking his head slightly and looking at me seriously. “Uh, was it a bad break up?” he asked hesitantly. I could tell he was trying to tread lightly in case I didn’t want to talk about it. The man was such a sweetheart!

“No,” I reassured him quickly. “Well,” I hedged after a moment’s thought, “at least not in the way you mean. I took it really hard when we had to split up. More or less became a zombie for a very long time. But Alex and I didn’t break up bad. We are still very close.”

“So why do you think we are going to have to be careful around him?” Ryan asked more curious than ever. I could practically see the little gears in his brain spinning and the thought nearly made me laugh.

“Well, uhm,” I began trying to figure the best way to explain. “Alex can be…. Well, he can be a little over protective of me. He blames himself for our break up and my descent into zombie mode. And the first guy I dated after we broke up was a major creep. Alex hated him from the first but kept his mouth shut. He thinks I wouldn’t have gotten hurt so bad if he had spoken up.”

Ryan’s expression became stern and I could tell he was starting to heat up which made me wonder what was running thru his mind. “Did this creep hurt you?” he practically growled. He looked like he was getting ready to do battle and I could have kissed him for it. He hadn’t even known me for a full day yet and he was already feeling protective. I could foresee a time when having another overprotective goon hovering over me would cause problems, but right now it made me feel very warm.

“Not physically,” I assured him smiling. “Calm down caveman,” I teased getting a sheepish look from him. “No, he cheated on me, repeatedly,” I explained and I saw the anger creeping up in Ryan again making me want to laugh. “Problem was I didn’t really care. It wasn’t much of a relationship. Alex was positive I got hurt though. Ever since he has, well, he can be a bit belligerent when it comes to me dating new guys. I usually have to swat him on the nose a few times like a puppy until he calms down.”

Ryan busted out laughing at my description of handling Alex. “Sounds like I have a few things in common with this Alex then,” Ryan said a little ruefully. “I can’t wait to meet him. After the sparks calm down we should be able to grab a beer together and compare notes on you.” I shuddered at the thought of the two of them discussing me and my quirks but couldn’t help smiling at Ryan fondly.

“I’m hungry!” Ryan declared suddenly, a growl from his stomach emphasizing his point. “Why don’t I make some French toast for breakfast? I’ll impress you with my culinary skills!”

I laughed as he bounded out of bed dragging me along by the hand. “So can you can actually cook?” I asked teasingly. “Or am I going to need to make another trip to the ER?”

“Hey!” Ryan protested laughing. “I can cook. A little,” he said smiling. “At least I haven’t poisoned myself yet.” He gallantly pulled a chair out for me and then busied himself getting things ready. “My Mac n Cheese is to die for!” Ryan continued, making me laugh. Secretly I was enjoying the show since he was still only wearing his underwear. I was trying really hard to ignore the fact that I was similarly undressed and scooted up next to the table to try and hide somewhat.

Ryan’s cooking was actually pretty good and I surprised myself by how hungry I was. I’m usually not much of breakfast eater but his French toast was good enough that I had two pieces. It was a pleasant change having one of the guys in my life cook food for me that was actually edible. Ryan wasn’t Martha Stewart by any stretch of the imagination, but I sure thought he was a hell of a lot better to look at!

“Why don’t you grab a quick shower while I clean up the dishes?” Ryan asked once we finished breakfast. “Then I’ll grab one and we can head to your place.” Ryan gave me a quirky little grin. “I kinda like you wearing my clothes but I’m sure you’d prefer to get a decent change before we meet your friend.”

He was right about that. I’d never hear the end of it from Amy if I showed up wearing his clothes. Truth be told though, I kind of liked wearing his clothes too. It was mushy as hell, but it felt good having something of his so close to me. No way in hell was I going to admit that though.

I showered and shampooed pretty quickly and was just getting ready to turn the water off when Ryan stuck his head in the bathroom door. “Do you mind if I come in and shave?” he asked. “It’s getting a little late and we probably ought to haul ass if we want to get to the restaurant on time.”

“I’m finished,” I answered and felt myself blushing as I quickly wrapped a towel around my waist. Ryan was grinning openly at me as I stepped out of the shower and I felt my blush spread even further. “Stop it! You’re making me blush,” I scolded him making him smile even bigger.

“But you look good wet!” Ryan answered, befuddling me even more. I stammered for a few seconds and then made a somewhat less than dignified exit, escaping to Ryan’s bedroom to get dressed. I definitely needed to get a grip and figured a little space would help.

It wasn’t long before Ryan finished his shower and came walking into the bedroom toweling his hair dry and giving me an eyeful since he wasn’t wearing anything. I couldn’t help staring at him in wide eyed wonder. Sure, I had already seen him in next to nothing, but this was a whole new treat. He was simply gorgeous!

“You’re beautiful,” I stammered without thinking, staring at him openly. Ryan looked up at me and simply grinned, doing nothing to cover up. After a few seconds I realized I was openly ogling this stunning man, and even more, he knew I was! I could feel my cheeks start to burn and I’m sure I instantly turned scarlet. “I’m sorry,” I finally stammered but still couldn’t seem to tear my eyes away from him.

“Hey, it’s ok Zach,” Ryan answered, flashing me those dimples. “You’re allowed to look. God knows I was sneaking an eyeful of you in the shower! I think you’re pretty hot yourself,” Ryan finished. I don’t know how, but I know I got even redder as he said that.

“Remind me never to let you get your eyes checked,” I replied making him laugh and finally breaking the moment. Ryan dressed quickly after that and in short order we found ourselves at my place. It only took me a couple of minutes to change clothes, although I did take an extra second to spray on some cologne. I told myself it was just because, but I think even the doorknobs knew I was doing it for Ryan.

Ryan drove us to Mario’s in record time but Amy was still waiting for us impatiently when we arrived. Knowing her, she had probably left right after hanging up with me just so she could beat me there and then tell me I was late. I smiled to myself as I realized some things never change and I didn’t really want them to anyway. Scolding me was one of the cornerstones of the relationship between Amy and myself. Even so, I decided I was going to have to head Amy off before she could build up steam about setting me up with the next disaster.

“Amy,” I began after our waiter seated us. “I’m sorry things went so bad with Janet last night but it was never going to work anyway.” I was keeping my voice reasonable and was marshaling all my defenses to override her objections.

“I know,” Amy interrupted me. “It was never my plan for it to work. Janet’s a bitch and I never could stand her.”

“What?” I said rather loudly drawing a few glances from other tables. “Why on earth did you try and set me up with her then?”

“Same reason I set you up with all the others,” Amy replied unconcernedly, looking at her menu. “I figured if I set you up with enough women, especially crazy ones, you wouldn’t suspect when I set you up with the guy I had in mind for you.” She paused and looked up at me and Ryan smiling. “Fred’s going to be disappointed, but you and Ryan make a cuter couple anyway.”

I was so taken aback that for a few minutes all I could do was splutter. “What the hell?” I finally managed to get out in such a choked voice that Ryan actually patted me on the back.

“Oh Zach,” Amy answered rolling her eyes at me. “If I had tried to set you up with a guy from the start you never would have stood for it. You’d have found some way to wiggle out of it and you know it.” Amy’s voice had turned a little exasperated and out of the corner of my eye I could see Ryan openly grinning. “I figured I’d be able to catch you off guard and casually introduce you to Fred without you realizing what was going on.”

“Amy!” I protested in a strangled voice. How could she have put me thru all that hell? Of course deep down I knew she was right. Being so shy I never would have knowingly let her set me up with a guy. But just because she was right was no excuse.

“It all worked out in the end Zach,” Amy answered smiling at me. “I’m sorry you got cut but at least it let Ryan get to see you half naked.” Amy fluttered her eyebrows at me grinning and Ryan busted out laughing as I turned red all over again. If I didn’t know better I could have sworn these two had planned it all beforehand.

I spluttered for a few more minutes, my protest becoming less and less coherent and finally just gave it up. I wasn’t going to win this one. And I had to admit everything had turned out good. Well, except for the stitches, but even that had got me some sympathy cuddles from Ryan.

As I expected, Amy was nice to Ryan during the rest of our lunch and only grilled him lightly. Truthfully I had expected her to ask more penetrating questions, but she seemed content in just getting a general background and only asked the usual family, job, hobbies type of questions. Ryan took it all gracefully and in fact seemed more amused than anything. Under the circumstances, lunch was almost pleasant and I was almost sorry when it ended and Amy took her leave.

“Do you have plans for the rest of the day?” Ryan asked as we walked to our cars. “If you don’t, I’d really like to spend some more time with you.”

“I’d like that too,” I managed to get out, my bashfulness rearing its ugly head again and making me blush. I dipped my head down feeling like an awkward school boy. “Do you want to follow me back to my place?” I asked sneaking a peek at him and was rewarded with those smiling dimples of his as he agreed.

The drive back home went by way too fast and I hadn’t really gotten the butterflies in my stomach to settle before I pulled into my drive. Telling myself that I was being stupid for feeling so shy around Ryan was useless, but I did it anyway as I got out of my car and leaned against it. Ryan pulled in right behind me and I swore I could feel those butterflies begin to morph again.

Ryan walked up to me smiling that devilish grin of his the entire way. Wordlessly we walked to my front door side by side and I started to fumble for my keys. Suddenly I felt Ryan spin me to face him and then gently push me back against the door. He took my hands in his and drew them up over my head and I found myself looking right into his smoldering eyes. Slowly he lowered his mouth to mine, kissing me with an intensity that made my knees want to give way. Ryan pushed his body up against mine, molding every inch of our bodies together.

Without warning, I suddenly saw a looming shape behind Ryan grab him by the shoulder and tear him off of me. “What the fuck do you think you’re doing asshole?” a deep voice growled at Ryan as he was knocked to the ground.

I suddenly realized who my would-be rescuer was. “Alex! NO!” I shouted. How in the hell do I get myself into these things?

Copyright © 2014 Greg_A; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 15
  • Love 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Ouch !! Poor Ryan, I hope they don't have to take him to the ER ;)

That Amy is evil - trying to set Zach up whit a crazy b**ch :P But I guess she meant well ^_^

Great story Greg :yes:

Link to comment

Jeez no wonder he doesn't date with Amy and Alex no guy stands a chance. Hopefully Ryan has a good sense of humour and is willing to take a lot of guff to keep Zach lol.

Link to comment

Good thing Zach had already warned Ryan about Alex being protective. Wonder if Amy called him or he came by accidentally.

Link to comment
On 04/28/2013 05:36 PM, Slytherin said:
Ouch !! Poor Ryan, I hope they don't have to take him to the ER ;)

That Amy is evil - trying to set Zach up whit a crazy b**ch :P But I guess she meant well ^_^

Great story Greg :yes:

Hey Little Blue One!

 

We'll have to see what happens with Ryan. It would be poetic if the ER doc had to go to the ER though! LOL

 

Amy's plan had some flaws, but you're right, she means well. And with Zach you definitely have to have a plan to get him to go on a date!

 

As always, thanks for reading - I appreciate it!!

Link to comment
On 04/28/2013 10:45 PM, Daithi said:
Jeez no wonder he doesn't date with Amy and Alex no guy stands a chance. Hopefully Ryan has a good sense of humour and is willing to take a lot of guff to keep Zach lol.
I think Zach's overwhelming shyness plays a part in that no dating thing too! LOL

 

I'm pretty sure Ryan is willing to put up with a lot to be with Zach. He seems pretty smitten to me.

 

Thanks for reading and commenting - I appreciate it!!!!

Link to comment
On 04/29/2013 12:11 AM, Timothy M. said:
Good thing Zach had already warned Ryan about Alex being protective. Wonder if Amy called him or he came by accidentally.
We'll have to wait and see why Alex dropped by. He's an impulsive guy so who knows.

 

Thanks for reading and commenting - I really appreciate it!

Link to comment
On 04/29/2013 01:17 PM, Daddydavek said:
Loved this chapter! :2thumbs:
Hey, thanks Daddy! I'm glad you liked it. This entire story has been fun to write truthfully.

 

As always, thanks so much for reading and commenting - I appreciate it!!!

Link to comment
On 02/20/2014 06:57 PM, Suvitar said:
Amy had a devious plan going on....I like her ;) and so Ryan meets Alex :facepalm:

Wonderful chapter :)

Yep - Alex is a charmer huh? LOL

 

Amy is fun to write. She'll make an appearance every once in a while. With all of her usual charm.

 

Thanks so much for continuing to read!

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..