Jump to content
    JamesSavik
  • Author
  • 24,293 Words
  • 1,581 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Company - 11. Lucky Seven

p style="text-align:center;"> jersey-7.jpg

The wake-up call startled me. I reached over, picked up the phone and put it down, so it wouldn’t disturb the others.

Aaron was a comfortable warm presence in my lap. His long shiny blond hair tickled my chest. His face in repose was well beyond pretty— ethereal is the best word I have for it. Like an angel that came to walk among us mortals and decided to stay. Blondes can be really stunning and Arron and Adam were in that league. I’m glad he went to sleep, or we would probably still be ruining the furniture.

I had a crick in my neck so turned right and left and heard it pop. It was time to move. I got a good grip on Aaron, stood and managed not to wake him. I carried him into the room where Cole and Frank were still sleeping off their long night.

It wasn’t easy, but I managed to move the sheets over with my foot to slip Aaron into bed beside Cole. When I lifted the sheets, Cole was nude and had a sleep boner that was truly astonishing. No wonder Toby was having trouble taking it. Cole’s dick was of average length but, it was easily as big around as a coke can. Aaron hugged me tight when I put him down. I caressed Aaron’s hair, gave Frank a kiss and left closing the door without disturbed the sleepers.

I stuck my head into the room where Randy had sacked out with the younger boys. This side had two double beds. Alan and Adam were sleeping soundly in one. Randy was softly snoring, but Tommy was awake. He got out of the bed and followed me into the common room wearing boxers that were too big for him. They were probably Larry’s.

Tommy said, “I heard the phone and figured you were about to head back to Lakeview.”

I said, “You want to go?”

He rubbed his eyes, yawned and said, “No. I’d go to sleep on you.”

He closed the distance, hugged me and said, “Thanks for last night.”

“What part?”

“The talk you had with me and Adam after the other guys left the park. I think I understand why I’m so attracted to older guys now.”

I said, “It’s quite natural but, so is stubbing your toe. At your age, older guys look pretty interesting but, usually, they aren’t good for you.”

Tommy said, “You are.”

“How do you know?”

He said, “That’s easy. You don’t take the candy and walk away like most guys. Adam and I would have done anything you wanted last night. You really care about us, it shows, and you aren’t faking it.”

I took a knee and hugged Tommy and got poked by something hard in his boxers. He chuckled and said, “Sorry. It seems like I’ve always got a boner. That’s why I wear Larry’s boxers whenever I can to hide it. You sure there’s not some kind of loophole to those rules?”

“You should discretely ask Cole about loopholes. I need to get going. Some kids want me to take them fishing today.” I handed Tommy two c-note from my wallet. “Tell Randy I told you to take the guys to go to breakfast at IHOP. I suggest the smokehouse combo.”

Tommy said, “Thanks. I’ll do that. Fishing later?”

“I’m going to put out some trot lines and will be going back and forth throughout the day, so you’ll get a seat.”

I got another hug and Tommy went back to bed.

I dressed, washed my face and took off with the sun still down. It was a little after six, so I stopped by McDonald's for a sausage biscuit, hash brown and a large coke. It was too hot for coffee already.

I headed back to Lakeview on the main road and traffic was very light. The first glow of dawn was appearing in the east behind me. There was a sheriff’s department car about a quarter mile behind going the same way.

This part of the trip there were thick pine forests on both sides of the road. As I topped the hill approached the light at Holly Ridge road, it was red, so I slowed down but, it changed as I approached. I sped up to go through the light and saw a flash on my right.

A log truck was running the light. There was no stopping. I floored the accelerator. If I had been in the Mustang, I would have gotten away with it. It was not to be in the Toyota.

The truck slammed into the right side of the bed of the Toyota and sent my truck spinning clockwise.

The last thought in my head was this is going to suck.

The right front quarter panel slammed into a thick pine tree and everything went black.

 

 

When I woke up, there was a woman in white doing something that looked complicated, so I said something intelligent and articulate like MmmmmGurrrrk.

The lady turned and said, “Oh good. You’re awake.”

She put a straw in my mouth and I drank cold water. It was the best water I’d ever had.

I croaked, “How bad?”

She said, “It’s surprisingly good, actually. You are one continuous bruise and have a concussion but nothing is broken and all your parts are still attached. Wearing your seat belt saved your bacon.”

“Yeah seatbelts.... and bacon. I'm a big fan of bacon.”

“Do you know where you are?”

“County in Rivervine or DeKalb— I forget which one.”

“Good. You’re right— the hospital actually straddles the city limits of both. I’ll get the doctor, and he can fill in the rest of the details.”

I could move but, I didn’t really want to. I was sore, and I felt like I’d been punched out by Godzilla.

Doctor Roberts appeared and said, “Tim. How are you feeling?”

“Not bad actually; a little sore.”

He said, “Good. This isn’t your first concussion, is it?”

“No. I got knocked out cold in the Memphis Catholic game my senior year in high school. They ran a sweep right at me and a pulling guard blindsided me into another time zone.”

He had me move various parts and looked in my eyes with what must have been a marine searchlight. After a thorough exam he said, “Tim, you had a close call. A deputy sheriff witnessed the whole thing. With your excellent physical condition and youth, you’ll be on your feet in no time. You’re going to have to be careful. There are some doctors who suggest multiple concussions can cause cumulative damage over time.”

I asked, “How is my family?”

The Doctor grinned and said, “You’ve really built some organization there. Randy, Frank and Maria are keeping things going, and I think half the three towns want to see you. Everybody wants to know who shot the mad Preacher, but the cops haven’t said anything to the papers other than it was a concerned parent. I’ll let them know that you are awake, and you’ll be able to see some of them soon. I hate to tell you that you missed Sam Rankin’s funeral.”

I said, “That’s Tuesday!”

Dr. Roberts said, “It’s Wednesday morning just before dawn Tim. You’ve been in and out since Sunday. Mostly out.”

I swallowed and asked, “Did I make an idiot of myself?”

Roberts smiled and said, “Not especially. No one is at their best after getting smacked like you did.”

“Thanks Doc. There’s a lot I need to catch up on. How is Mrs. Pate?”

The Doctor’s demeanor changed, and he said, “She passed away Sunday about noon. We lost two more victims. The rest are going to live, but it’s a mess. At least one of them will be paralyzed, and some others will have lifelong disabilities from their injuries.”

He put his hand on my shoulder and said, “I’m going to send some breakfast in to you and let your people know you are awake and tracking. Welcome back.”

“Thanks Doc.”

Hospital food is what it is but, if you haven’t eaten in a few days, it can be pretty good. Thankfully, I wasn’t trussed up in IVs and medical gadgets, so I sat up, put my feet over the edge of the bed and stood.

Standing was an adventure. My head swam, and I was dizzy but that passed. I was stiff and sore, but I walked to the bathroom, took care of business, washed my face and was intercepted by a nurse on my way back to the bed.

“Mr. Shepherd, you shouldn’t be up yet.”

“It was an adventure at first but, I think I have my feet under me now”, I replied.

She grinned and said, “Yes. It looks like you’re doing very well. No dizziness?”

“A little at first but it passed.”

She waited a moment to make sure I was back in bed, said, “Excellent” and vanished.

I turned on the TV and tried to find some news. CNN was on, but I was soon napping between commercials for cat litter, Wendy’s crispy chicken nuggets and Dixie cups.

Between naps, I heard something that tickled my interest:

CIA Director William Cassidy announced today that after an internal review, reorganization of several departments was in process. He appeared today in a press conference with members of the House and Senate Select Committee on Intelligence…

 

My eyes opened wide when I saw Senator Tull and several other very familiar politicians standing close to the CIA Director. Admittedly, they were much better dressed than they were in the last video I had seen several of them in.

Senator Tull’s soundbite was short:

These changes at CIA are necessary to insure the oversight and accountability needed in the shadowy world of intelligence matters.

 

Brandon’s “sweet old grandpa that likes boy jizz” body language was at odds with his mild words. It radiated satisfaction like an old world warlord who had his enemy’s head on a pole. I evaluated him as a man who was probably easy to deal honestly with but shouldn't be crossed.

Maybe it was over. I’d like to think so but there were far too many unknowns that we would probably never know about. I wished for some of my Dad’s old contacts, but they were all retired.

Doctor Roberts entered my room and asked, “Did you get up and walk to the bathroom and freshen up?”

I said, “No one told me not to.”

He shook his head and said, “Could you stand up for me?”

This time there was no dizziness. I was sore but managed to stand up without difficulty.

Marion Sanders entered the room as my feet hit the floor, and she grinned.

Dr. Roberts said, “You’re much further along than we thought Tim. How are you feeling?”

“There was a little dizziness when I got up the first time. Not anymore. I still feel like a truck ran over me but, not bad; better rested than I have been in a while.”

Dr. Roberts asked, “Before the accident, had you been losing sleep?”

“Yes. Both Friday and Saturday night, stuff happened that kept me up. I was running on caffeine and nerves for a while.”

“That explains it. On top of your concussion, you were probably exhausted. Your unusually long sleep worried us but, it’s understandable. You needed it.”

Miss Sanders said, “Of course he’s exhausted. He’s got a battalion of teenagers.”

I shrugged and said, “They’re not so bad.”

Miss Sanders shook her head and said, “I don’t know how you do it but, thank you. Steven’s a new kid since you’ve been looking after him.”

Dr. Roberts said, “So is Cory. You’ve done wonders for the whole pack. Just don’t wear yourself out.”

Miss Sanders said, “I think we’ll have better luck giving those orders to Frank.”

Dr. Roberts had me do a few more tricks to test my coordination and finally said, “You’re good. I prescribe that you go to lunch, get a good meal, go home and sit in a hot tub for a while. No more twenty-two-hour days for a while.”

 

Thirty minutes later Frank and Randy appeared carrying an overnight bag for me. Once they were in the room, Frank and I had one of those tacky public displays of affection but, in private, and Randy got a hug.

I said, “I’m sorry I’ve been so out of it. Dr. Roberts says I had a concussion and was probably exhausted. That’s why I slept half the week.”

Frank said, “I don’t know. I like you in a hospital gown.” Then he shamelessly grabbed my ass making me jump.

Randy said, “If you two can cool it for a while, Dr. Roberts said he’s cutting you lose. Get a quick shower and dress, and we’ll take you to lunch and catch you up on things.”

I took a shower and dressed just in time for an attendant pushing a wheelchair to arrive.

When we did the discharge paperwork, I was pleasantly surprised that all the charges were marked bill to Griggs Logging. By one o’clock, we were on our way back to Lakeview. On the way, Frank and Randy filled me in on what had happened since I had been run over by a truck.

Sunday morning Randy got a page with the news of my accident. Tommy insisted that I had instructed him to take the guys to breakfast at IHOP, and they did just that. It would take some time for me to be processed by the emergency room, and the boys were starving.

Randy went to the hospital long enough for them to get the message that I wasn’t dead, dismembered or in acute danger. He stayed and Frank took the rest of the boys home and delivered the news to everyone else.

Maria and Frank took control of things at home. She kept everyone fed and things running. Chris and Tony took turns taking kids fishing and running back and forth to the hospital.

I had woken up Sunday about noon, but I wasn’t really coherent. The Doc took that as a good sign and relieved some tension. The new guy from Red Diamond arrived and began working with Randy and Rory. Daniel Miloy had arrived at the house in the midst of the chaos Sunday morning. He was a little shocked to discover that his principle had been sniping child abductors and getting run over by trucks but, Randy was glad to have him. It gave him another body to cover things at home and away.

David Bridges and his wife arrived Sunday afternoon to discover that I was down. He went to the Rankin house escorted by Toby and Brandon and repaired the door that had been kicked in. David and his wife decided on the spot to lease the house, and David decided to accompany Toby and Brandon their father’s funeral in Gulfport with Cole and Barry.

Everyone had done very well. The boys got busy to keep worry at bay. There was a vague plan for a mass service for the victims of the Mad Preacher that was finally firming up for Friday. Adam and Arron’s parents had been laid to rest early Wednesday morning at Big Sandy Baptist. Father Ashley and their close friends had attended.

I didn’t even notice that Randy had pulled in front of the Game Zone. The parking lot was more crowded than I had ever seen it. I was stunned. It didn’t officially open until Thursday, but it was already busy.

Randy parked as close as he could. It was blazing hot when we got out and approached the place. Heat shimmered over the parking lot and the humidity was choking. I wasn’t as used to it as I had been and my head swam.

My initial impression of the place was— we’re going to have to get more bike racks. The ones we had were jammed packed.

When Randy opened the door, the blast of cool air was a welcome relief. The Game Zone was just as I had imagined it: cool and dark with the sounds of video games and Rush’s song Limelight was playing on the sound system. The whole place smelt like new wood and fresh paint.

Jeb was sitting at the front desk in white tennis shorts and a green Game Zone t-shirt: the work uniform we had decided on. He jumped up, came around hugged me and said, “Tim, you got out! It’s so good to see you.”

I said, “I’m shocked. I knew we were supposed to open, but I had no idea we were this far along.”

Randy said, “The guys just put their heads together and got it done. Jeb, Lee and Roderick took the lead and everybody else followed. Monday and Tuesday they moved the machines in that were ready to go. While they were getting everything set up, kids just started to show up.”

I said, “Where did they all come from? It’s like they came out of the wood work.””

Jeb said, “There are many kids here from Lakeview. The town doesn’t have any other attractions for them. There are a bunch from Rivervine, DeKalb and the county. Alan has three hour long tapes cut, and we’ll have the Game Zone Power Hour running on the radio for the next three Friday nights. Oh, yeah— Alan has been making the tapes we’re playing on our sound system. It’s better than any radio station I’ve ever heard.”

“I’m proud of you guys. You’ve done really well.”

Jeb beamed at the praise, and suddenly a little bowling ball ran into me. It wasn’t fun, I was still sore but, compared to getting hit by a truck it was nothing.

The little boy rebounded off me and Frank grabbed him before he could fall.

Jeb said, “Justin, what have I told you about running?”

The little boy looked up sheepishly. I said, “No harm done. Are you having fun, Justin?”

He grinned and said, “Yeah, this place is great. Are you the owner?”

“Yes I am. I thought you kids should have a safe place where you could come have fun with your friends.”

The little boy hugged my leg and said, “Thank you. I love it.” He grinned at Jeb and scooted off.

Since we were blocking the entryway, we walked inside. There were two rows of console games back to back with plenty of room in between them and couches at regular intervals. There were boys and girls from grade school up to college age and, as much flirting and socializing was going on as game play.

I made my way back to the kitchen and dining area and that’s where I ran into most of the guys. They were waiting there to have lunch with me.

The dining room still needed work, but it was functional and neat. There were ten folding tables that were each surrounded by eight folding chairs with white plastic table clothes. There were a couple of big garbage cans in convenient places. The big screen TV I planned for the place wasn’t in yet. It was still on my to-do list.

It was just the group that was working but Lance, Kevin, JJ, Scott, Steven, Roderick, James and Marcus. In addition, I was surprised to see Big Ted and the twins Tommy & Bobby Knight had joined us. Everyone was wearing the uniform: white tennis shorts and green and black Game Zone t-shirts. Even Big Ted who filled out an XXL.

I said, “I’m so proud of you guys. You took this place and ran with it. It looks great, and I can see we’ve already got quite a crowd out there. We don’t officially open until tomorrow.”

Roderick said, “You had things lined up and ready to go. We just picked up where you left off. David Bridges helped out a lot while you were down. Now, it’s time to eat.”

Roderick and James ran the kitchen on day shift. We could eat here but, couldn’t feed the public until the county inspector did his thing. We had no qualms about eating there. The kitchen was spotless and all the equipment was new and shiny. Roderick had been through the process of getting Aunt Kitty’s place up to code and knew food handling.

They went back into the kitchen, and we picked up trays at the old pharmacy counter. We had pulled pork barbecue sandwiches, chips and a little bowl of banana pudding and our choice of soft drinks out of the cooler. The food was great.

We talked and milled around for a bit and the boys got back to work. Frank and Randy even played some games. Roderick cleaned up what he obviously considered his kitchen. I explored the back. Just past the public restrooms, there was a curtain of hanging beads I couldn’t see through and a sign that said Employees Only. When I went through, the lights were off, but I could still see.

I passed a door on the right marked employee's lounge. When I went in, I found it was divided into three parts. One was a locker and dressing room with a shower. The middle was a place to sit and relax with a couple of fairly comfortable sofas, a coffee table and another door marked employees only. I looked inside and it was another restroom. It had two stalls and two urinals the fixtures were dated but functional. David and I had agreed to use original fixtures where possible to save costs.

I went in to a stall to take a leak and blow my nose and found a nice, big glory hole cut in the partition between the stalls. It was nicely done and appeared to have the edges sanded. Someone had obviously used it at some point as tell-tale streaks were running down the partition.

Further down the hall from the employee lounge was the office. It was locked, and I didn’t have keys yet. At the end of the hall was a door marked loading dock.

On the left side of the hall was the old pharmacy storage area. The shelves had been removed, and I planned to turn the area into a workshop for setting up new machines we may acquire or repairing old machines that developed problems. Just in front of the old pharmacy was the old pharmacy supervisor’s office. We hadn’t figured out what to do with it, so we left it alone other than cleaning it out good.

When I started to go back toward the kitchen, I saw Marcus and an older, taller boy enter the public restroom. They were both sporting respectable wood, and I didn’t think they were going in for a quick leak.

I waited a couple of minutes and went in and caught Marcus giving the boy a blow job. They both looked horrified, and I said, “You aren’t in trouble. Put your fun parts away and follow me. There’s a place where you won’t get caught down the hall.”

Marcus looked up at the other boy and said, “He’s cool. Don’t be afraid.” Marcus went down on the boy one more time for good measure and stood.

I had them follow me back to the employees lounge and said, “Marcus, we can’t be doing that where you might get caught by little kids. Take your friend in there, and I’ll sit out here and make sure no one bothers you.”

I hadn’t been introduced, but the boy looked at me quizzically, and I said, “I like it too. I just don’t do it with kids, OK?”

The boy looked relieved and said, “Marcus said you were cool. Thanks.”

I said, “I’m a guy too. I know how bad it sucks to have to stop once your motor is running” and I winked.

He smiled back at me, and my boy Marcus dragged him into the employee restroom by the elastic waistband of his shorts. They stayed a just few minutes. I could hear them occasionally and had to smile.

When they came out they, both looked a lot less tense. Marcus came over and sat beside me on the couch. His friend looked at me and I said, “Take a load off. Wait. That came out wrong. You both just did.”

Marcus and his friend laughed and the new kid sat. He was cute in a nerdy way. He would fit right into Bart and Matthew’s circle. He was tall and skinny and needed a little help with his fashion sense. He was wearing shorts with a mid-rift t-shirt and was obviously well hung. Being this close, I could tell he was high.

He sat close to Marcus and said, “I’m Grant. It's a pleasure to meet you and; thanks for being cool about this.”

I said, “Nice to meet you Grant. How did you and Marcus hit if off?”

Grant blushed and said, “He’s just so cute. We were playing a game, and I got wood. We just umm…”

I said, “It’s cool. I look after Marcus and his brothers. I know what you mean. They are awfully cute. One of my favorite things to do is hug them.”

I gave Marcus a big hug and he giggled.

“I just don’t want you to get caught. You weren’t doing anything wrong but all three of us know: this is the South. If you got caught by the wrong person, it could get ugly.”

Grant said, “I know. I was just so horny I couldn’t think straight.”

I said, “And maybe a little buzzed?”

He nodded.

“You sure aren’t the first guy guilty of thinking with his hard on. I’ve done it a few times myself. If y’all want to get together, come back here. If you want to Grant, you are welcome to come visit us at my house over by Dockside Park.”

Grant said, “Marcus said you were cool, and I could trust you. Thanks.”

I said, “May I offer a word of advice Grant? It might make you blush.”

“Sure.”

“Do you know what a jock is?”

He said, “Yeah. I just don’t play sports, and it would be really awkward to ask my Grandma for one.”

I said, “A skinny guy like you wearing shorts, as hung as you are, there’s no place to hide when you get a boner. It can be a good thing. Marcus noticed but, it can be really embarrassing.”

Grant blushed and asked, “I’m hung?”

Marcus reached into Grant’s shorts and said, “Yes! And you’re getting hard again”

Grant rubbed the big bulge in Marcus shorts said, “So are you.”

I was a little astonished when Grant slid off the couch and onto his knees in front of Marcus and began sucking his cock right there on the spot. Marcus lay back in my lap and squirmed in ecstasy as his buddy sucked his dick. I’d never seen his cock before. It was a smaller but still impressive copy of his older brother's and bigger than any twelve-year-old I’d ever imagined.

As Marcus squirmed, one hand was on Grant’s head and the other was groping me. He didn’t last too long. I felt him tense, shudder and release.

Marcus said, “My turn.” He went down on Grant and got him off quickly. As Grant was cumming in Marcus’s mouth, car keys fell out of his pocket and clattered to the floor.

As the two boys pulled up their shorts and caught their breath I asked, “Grant, how old are you?”

He said, “I’m sixteen.”

I asked, “How old do you think Marcus is?”

He said, “Fourteen or fifteen?”

I said, “He’s twelve.”

Grant turned pale, and I said, “Don’t panic. I’m sure not going to turn you in. Marcus would kill me. You two just have to be even more careful and discrete.”

Grant pulled Marcus into a hug and said, “How can a twelve-year-old have a dick like that?”

Marcus said, “Just lucky I guess”. Then he kissed Grant, and it started all over again.

I said, “You teenagers and your crazy hormones! I’m going up front. I’m going to latch the door behind me. Grant, how long were you planning on staying?”

He released his lip-lock on Marcus, gasped and said, “I’ve got all day.”

I gave the two boys a hug and said, “Y’all just have fun.”

 

 

I went up front and mingled a bit. Grant and Marcus showed again soon. I ran into the Knight twins. They were showing some kids how to put their dollar bills into the changer, and the kids insisted it was broken.

I said, “No. It’s working just fine. You get eight tokens for a dollar here.”

The kids looked awed, and one boy said, “This place is totally cool. It’s not a rip off like the arcade in the mall in Rivervine.”

I said, “I grew up playing arcade games and remember how they ripped you off. I want you to have a good time and play as long as you want.”

They thanked me and I said, “Tommy, Bobby; could I have a word with you?”

They followed me back to the employees lounge, and we sat in the couches.

Bobby said, “It smells like there was an orgy in here.”

“I caught a couple of kids doing the wild thing in the restroom, and let them come back here. I didn’t want someone to catch them and freak out.”

Tommy grinned and said, “Marcus and the Grant?”

I said, “I am the soul of discretion in such matters. In other words, you can count on me to not rat you out.”

Bobby said, “We know Grant. He’s a nerd, but he’s cool. A little goofy when he’s stoned but, if he were to have hooked up with Marcus, I’d say good for both of them.”

“That’s good to hear. After that night in the park, why didn’t you two ever come back?”

I’m never sure which is which and I think Bobby answered, “You know about that creep Andrew?”

I said, “Yeah. I’m glad he’s gone.”

Tommy said, “He’s not the only perv we’ve had to deal with. It seems many men have fantasies involving twins. We get hit on all the time, and it seems like there’s always some asshole trying to scam their way into our pants.”

Bobby said, “It pisses us off. No one wants Tommy. No one wants Bobby. Everyone seems to want both of us.”

I said, “I can imagine that’s annoying. I’ve been through something similar. I won’t BS you and say I haven’t thought about it. You two are pretty hot but, I’d never be a creep about it either.”

Tommy said, “That’s fair enough. It’s hard for us to trust adults. We’ve been messed with pretty bad. You remember that dirty deputy?”

I said, “The one who extorted sex from kids and tried to get them addicted?”

Bobby said, “That’s the one. He did that shit to us until we got fed up and quit showing up when he told us to. Then he had another NARC bust us. We’ve got a record because of that prick.”

“I know Sheriff Hollingsworth, and a judge. Would it help if I spoke to him about getting you cleared?”

Tommy said, “Holy shit man, you would do that for us?”

I said, “I can’t promise it will work, but I’ll try.”

Bobby said, “You get us cleared, we’ll make your twins fantasy a reality.”

“That’s not how I work. I’ll try to get you cleared because that’s what friends do.”

Tommy said, “That’s why we came back. We know your crew, and that’s what they say about you. I’m sorry we’re so paranoid that way but, we’ve been burned and messed with too often.”

Bobby said, “Oh and, give us half a chance, and we’ll make your twins fantasy come true, just because we like you for not trying to play us.”

I said, “Come here you two.”

I hugged them and they both acted as if they were startled. “I’m sorry you’ve been burned but not everyone is an asshole. Oh, I remember what it is that I meant to tell you. Dockside Park is undergoing a major renovation. A lot of new stuff is going in and one of them will be a public pool and a skateboard park.”

They both said, “No way!”

“Yes way. There’s also going to be a big Olympic size pool, and there’s going to be summer jobs for lifeguards. I think you two would make a great-looking pair of lifeguards. Does that sound like something you might like?”

One of the twins said, “Oh God yes! Game Zone is fun, but that would be radical.”

I said, “Ask any of the guys. I take care of my friends. You two just haven’t met the right people until now.”

This time they both hugged me and their reservations seemed to be gone.

Before they left I asked, “Could you guys send Big Ted back?”

Bobby said, “Are you going to ask him the same question?”

I nodded.

Tommy said, “That’s easy. He’s crushing on you hard and knows you’re way out of his league.”

 

 

I waited a few minutes and Big Ted arrived in the employee lounge. He’s so big and powerful that he seemed to make the room smaller.

I greeted him warmly and surprised him with a hug, “Ted, I’m delighted to have you back in our fold. I was disappointed that you didn’t come back and visit.”

Ted said, “I uhhh, thought you were just being nice.”

“Fair enough, I suppose. I guess many people are nice to a big handsome stud like you.”

Ted’s eyes got wide as he sat on the sofa. He said, “Not really. I think most people are afraid of me.”

I said, “Maybe if they are superficial and stupid. That’s not what I saw in you when you carried Steven and Cory back to my house. I think we have a lot in common, and I am delighted to see you back around.”

He asked, “What do we have in common?”

I said, “My Dad was a career Marine, and I had the opportunity to meet and hear from many officers and enlisted men. Officers are smart, but often it is the Sergeants who are wise. There was one that said something that stuck with me. There are three kinds of people: wolves, sheep dogs and sheep. That’s a simple way of saying that there are predators, protectors and the vulnerable. I know that I’m a sheep dog. I protect my friends and family out of instinct, and I think you do too.”

Ted sat quietly for a moment and said, “I haven’t thought of it that way, but I can see it. I’ve heard a lot about you. I haven’t shot a psycho killer in the eye or taken a knife way from a child abductor and shoved it in his ear but, I’ve managed to keep the little guys from getting pushed around too badly.”

Thinking of the willowy blond boy I had first seen him with I asked, “Are you still together with Rod?”

Ted said, “I wish I knew. His step-father is so weird. He hates Rod and is really strict with him. That shit stain knows Rodney is gay, and he makes his life miserable. He’s grounded from the world. I don’t know for how long. He’s the one I really wish I could protect. I’m not certain why but, there’s just something about him.”

I said, “Wolves are motivated by their hunger. Sheep dogs are motivated by love. That’s what I see in you Ted, and I like it.”

Ted said, “If you want to know the truth, the reason I didn’t come back was that… ummm, I’m really attracted to you and didn’t think you would be interested.”

I said, “Truthfully, I’m in love with Frank like I think you’re in love with Rod but, I’ve always liked big guys. My boyfriend when I was in middle and high school was a big guy. One of my favorite things was he would hold me in his lap.”

Ted blushed and said, “I couldn’t do that. If you were in my lap, I’d nut.”

“Then I’ll have to blow you first.”

Ted looked surprised and said, “You would...”

“With pleasure. I don’t mess with the boys but, you’re a man Ted. You’re a good man. I’ve heard that from the younger guys like Barry and Steven that you’ve always been really nice to them and never pressure them to do stuff for you. I’ll blow you like a hurricane.”

I reached over and rubbed Ted’s bulging shorts and said, “We’re going to have to do something with this monster in your shorts before you go back out front. It’ll scare the children.”

Ted smiled and said, “It won’t make Frank mad?”

“No. He’ll probably like a go at this big magnificent cock himself.”

Everything about Ted is massive. I had seen him with a truly impressive sleep boner on my couch. What jumped out of his shorts was a manly man’s cock as thick as some guys arms. It was nine inches of hard country boy dripping with pre-cum. I took him down and he shivered. He really was wound up, so I backed off and licked his boulders… err his balls. Big Ted came hard.

Ted returned the favor with gusto. It didn’t take me long. Big guys have always turned me on and, Big Ted knew how to do it.

In the afterglow, I discovered something really cool about Ted as I sat in his lap with his big arms around be. He was as gentle and loving as he was huge.

I had my head on his shoulder and said, “Ted, have you thought about college football?”

He said, “I’ve talked to scouts from Georgia Tech and Tennessee but, I’m going to Lakeview Junior College next year. I want to make sure I can swim before I jump off in deep water. I’ve still got this fall, and a sophomore quarterback to keep alive. He’s a cute little guy but, he seems troubled. He doesn’t let people get too close to him. He’s here today.”

I hugged him and said, “He’s in good hands. So… are you having fun?”

He hugged me back and said, “Hell yeah. You’re the best Tim.”

I said, “You’re pretty good yourself.”

He chuckled and said, “You came like had been saving up.”

“I just got out of the hospital. Thanks, I needed that. We’re going to have fun stud. Just wait till Frank and me tag team you.”

Ted got a serious note in his voice and said, “I love you Tim. Not just for this but for everything you’ve done for my friends. Barry, Cory, Steven, JJ, Scott and all the rest: they’re all better off because of you.”

“I love you too Ted. I love the kids, and most of them have sat in my lap just like this. I need someone around big enough to hold me sometimes too.”

Big Ted gave me a gentle squeeze and said, “You’ve got it. We sheep dogs need to stick together. There are far too many wolves in the woods.”

I sighed and said, “And we’ve got pups to protect.”

 

 

I wandered the arcade a bit and watched my crew. Working an arcade is all about people, and it seemed that all the kids and parents were charmed with my crew. I even stuck a few dollar bills in the changer and played a few games myself.

A small group of kids watched me set the high score at Missile Command and, when Big Ted and I played on the Atari football machine, a crowd formed and there was cheering. The Game Zone wasn’t just going to be a success, it was going to be a hit. I knew that it would be but, what really made it, besides for the right lay out and facilities, was the staff.

I met Big Ted’s quarterback, and he was a real stunner. Ted told me his name was Ray and, he was a little shy until you got to know him but, he had all the makings of a star. He was wearing Adidas shorts that made his butt look really nice and a jersey with the number seven on it. He had long straight red hair and bright, intelligent blue eyes. He was reserved and a lot more timid than any quarterback I had ever met but, he was only going to be a sophomore. Everything about he reminded me very much of a younger version of Frank.

I watched as my boys interacted with all the various kids. They patiently coached little kids with unfamiliar games and acted as great hosts. I was feeling good, and not tired. I had things to do. One of the first would be that I needed wheels.

Randy and Jeb were sitting at the front talking to an elderly woman who looked very familiar. As I approached I heard her say, “I’m very pleased that this place has opened here in the neighborhood. With all the crazy things that have happened in the last few weeks, I’ve been worried sick about my grandson.”

I said, “I’m the owner, and that’s why I opened it. The Mayor and Chief Dodd’s boys work here and the police train in the gym next door. We’ve worked hard to make this a safe place where kids can go, play and socialize.”

The woman appraised me and said, “You don’t look much older than the kids.”

“I live on the lake close to where some craziness has been happening, and I’ve got kids too.”

Grant approached and said, “Grandma, what are you doing here?’

She said, “I wanted to see where you disappeared too. I am supposed to be looking out for you. He has been behaving hasn’t he?”

I said, “Yes Mam. Grant is a nice young man. In fact, I’m glad to meet you. We’re going to need some more workers to keep things running, and I was going to offer him a spot on our staff.”

Grant’s eyes widened, and his grandmother said, “Excellent! This will be his first job.”

Frank said, “What do you say Grant? Want to work with us?”

Grant was shocked and tongue-tied. He looked at his Grandma, looked at me and looked at his Grandma. He made the right decision and hugged his Grandma first and hugged me. Finally, he got out, “Yes! Oh, yes. Thank you. This will be great.”

I said, “We provide a uniform that our workers wear, and we are still getting our shifts and procedures worked out. You’ll be in on the ground floor.”

“I am Kate Stewart. Grant is my grandson.”

“Mrs. Stewart, I’m a lot taller than I was in third grade, but I remember you.”

The light of recognition went on, and she said, “Little Timmy Shepherd, my how you've grown up!” She hugged me and said, “May I have a quiet word with you?”

We walked outside into the heat and Mrs. Stuart said, “Grant has had a bad time of it. His father was a Navy pilot and was killed in an accident. His mother, my daughter, never quite got over it. She mixed sleeping pills and booze and died of an accidental overdose. I’ve had Grant for a few of years, and I’ve never seen him this happy.”

I said, “He’s a good kid. I think I have an eye for talent, and he can be somebody Mam.”

She said, “Grant needs a father figure around. I’ve seen how these boys respond to you. Would you please take him under your wing?”

“It would be a pleasure Mam. I know he’ll fit in. He knows some of my other workers, and they like him. I take the boys fishing, camping and hunting. He’s welcome to join us.”

She said, looking a little guilty, “I’m not a young woman and the rigors of raising a boy his age are wearing me out. To be honest, I could use a break. Grant working and playing under your supervision would be a Godsend. Thank you.”

I grinned and said, “My pleasure. My father used to send me to stay with my Uncles during the summers, and I once heard him say that’s what Uncles are for. I didn’t know what that meant when I was a kid, but I think I’ve figured it out.”

She smiled and said, “Thank you, Timmy. I love Grant but there’s only so much an old woman can do for a boy that age.”

She got in an older model station wagon and headed out of the parking lot.

I stepped back inside and said, “Randy, I’ve got some chores to do. Could you drive me back to the house?”

Randy grinned and said, “Your new truck is waiting for you in the parking lot. Griggs Logging owned the truck that hit you. Monday morning Mr. Griggs had a brand-new Toyota four-wheel drive delivered to the house. They are terrified that you are going to sue them into oblivion. I had your insurance transferred, and you are ready to roll. Come on. Let me show you this beauty.”

I followed Randy out around the side of the building into the wonderful shade. Around the corner I saw one of our vans and a couple of other vehicles. On the other side of the van parked nose to the building was the prettiest red Toyota 4X4 truck I had ever seen.

“It is beautiful.”

Randy said, “Yeah, Mr. Griggs knows how to pick them. It’s got an X-tra cab, roll bar, extended front bumper with a winch and the inside is just as sweet.”

I looked in the bed and there was a vinyl bed-liner, a big silver tool box and a Tonto cover. “It’s all tricked out for the woods, but it’s too pretty to get it muddy. I’d say we’re square with Mr. Griggs.”

Randy said, “There’s a pile of stuff on your desk I’ll need to go through with to catch you up. Mr. Griggs is in the pile somewhere. Pretty sure he’ll be happy you aren’t in a vengeful mood.”

“In a situation like this, it’ll be more valuable in the long run to make a friend of him than kick someone who is obviously trying to make amends.”

I felt a hand on my shoulder and Randy said, “When you do things like this, I’m glad you’re my boss.”

 

 

When we went back inside, Jeb said, “I’ve had to change the cartridges in the token machines three times so far today, so we’ve made at least three thousand dollars. I expect it’ll be even busier tonight. I had to tell James and an admirer to use the employee lounge.”

I chuckled and said, “I had to do the same with Marcus. I guess it shouldn’t be a huge surprise. Those Jackson boys are so cute it’s ridiculous. Who was James hooking up with?”

Randy said, “Would you believe it’s that red-headed kid who looks like Frank from Big Ted’s football team?”

“I played football. It attracts boys who are more aggressive and hornier than average. Is it someone we should invite in?”

Randy said, “I don’t know. He’s sure a looker. He’s still here wearing a jersey with the number seven on it. They’re probably still back there.”

“I’ve seen him too. That kid is hot.”

Randy stopped, fished in his pocket and said, “I almost forgot.”

He handed me a key ring and said, “Your set of keys for the truck and Game Zone keys: alarm system, doors and office. Put them on your ring.”

 

 

I made my way back in to the grill and put fifty cents in the coke machine. While I was there, Roderick was selling a little girl a package of peanut M&Ms. I could tell, he really enjoys running a kitchen.

I stepped into his kitchen and said, “Rod, you were born to run a restaurant.”

He grinned and said, “I like to feed people. It’s fun to see them enjoying my food. I can’t wait to start the kitchen up for real. I’ve got some ideas I’m dying to try out.”

I said, “If this works out, how would you like to scale it up? There’s space on the other side of the gym.”

He grinned and said, “That’s my dream Tim.”

I bumped knuckles with him and said, “Stick with me, and we’ll make it happen.”

Roderick took a glance to see if anyone was around, hugged me and said, “I love you Tim. This has been great for James and Marcus.”

I said, “You know they’ve both scored?”

He grinned and said, “They’re good-looking kids. It was bound to happen.”

“I’m going to hire one and have a look at the other. We need a few more workers to keep from wearing our people out. The Red Team will be starting up soon. That’s going to tie up most of the older guys.”

Roderick looked thoughtful and said, “Jeb is on the Red Team isn’t he?”

“Randy will be here.”

He said, “We’ll make it work. Half the kids here would give up a body part to work here.”

 

 

I left Roderick to his kitchen and as I passed the men’s room I heard very familiar noises. I stepped in and caught two high school boys in a very awkward position: one on his knees, the other so erect he couldn’t get it all back in his shorts.

I said, “Don’t panic. You aren’t in trouble. I’m the owner.”

One of them said, “We weren’t…”

“Sure you were. Seriously, it’s cool. I just don’t want any of the little kids to catch you. I’m a guy too, so I know how hard it is to stop once you get started. Follow me, and I’ll show you a nice quiet private spot where you two can finish up. We wouldn’t want to scare the kids out there with those raging boners.”

They both grinned and one of them said, “They said you were cool but, holy shit man.”

The other one looked a little skeptical and asked, “You aren’t going to do anything to us are you.”

I said, “Just give you a little space, so you can finish.“

The other kid said, “Awe, why not? I’d let you do darn near anything to me and like it.”

“I want you guys to have fun and be safe. That’s what this place is all about. I gratefully accept hugs though.”

The first boy grinned and said, “You’re for real, aren’t you.”

I said, “Yep. Follow me. It won’t be fancy, just private.”

I went out the door and the pair followed me past the employee lounge and into the old pharmacy area that I planned to use as a workshop.

One of them said, “Its dark back here but, nice and cool.”

I said, “I once gave my old boyfriend a BJ on that bench over there.”

The other said, “We’re both sixteen. You look pretty good. You want to join us?”

“It’s tempting but, you guys go ahead. Some other time?”

I stepped out of the room and waited just around the corner. They whispered but I could easily hear them.

“I can’t believe this. I thought we were dead.”

“That guy is really cool.”

“I wish he had joined us.”

“He did say some other time… oh you’re so good at that David. Please don’t stop.”

“I know you Todd. If I get you off, you won’t want to do me.”

“Oh, all right. God that feels good. Thanks, bro. Mmmmmm…”

I was getting hard listening to them, so I walked back down to the employee lounge.

Surely, James would latch the door if they were doing anything serious. Nope. I walked in to the employee lounge to find James naked and flat on his back on the sofa with one of the best-looking youngsters I had ever seen riding his cock with their clothes lying heaped in the floor.

At first, I had to do a double take. The boy looked so familiar it hurt. The color of the hair, the way it laid, his shape and even his mannerisms were so like Frank I was stunned. It wasn’t Frank, but it could be his younger, leaner more athletic clone.

I was getting used to this, closed the door behind me and said, “Don’t panic guys.”

James didn’t even pull out and said, “He’s cool Ray.”

Ray didn’t break rhythm grinding on James cock. He had that glazed look bottoms get when they are in bottom nirvana.

I said, “Nice to meet you Ray. I see you’ve met James, and I take it you like him?”

Ray said in a dreamy voice, “Oh God yes.”

“You want to be able to get together?”

“Oh God yes.”

“We’re going to need a few more people. How would you like a job with us?”

Ray’s eyes rolled, he moaned, and he came in a big gusher over James chest and face. James pulled out, shucked the condom he was wearing and added to the mess. Ray collapsed into James arms breathing hard and kissing James.

I grabbed a towel from the locker room, handed it to James and said, “I’ll give you two a few minutes, and I’ll knock. James, remember to latch the door.”

I stepped out of the employee lounge, nearly tripped over Marcus and heard Todd and David having what sounded like a great time. Marcus had a big grin on his face and put his finger over his lips. He guided me into a dark room adjoining the old pharmacy that must have been a supervisor’s office. It had a small window that looked out into the pharmacy. Two youthful outlines were visible through the glass, and it wasn’t difficult to tell what they were doing.

Marcus whispered, “It looks like they’re having fun.”

I whispered back, “I caught them like you and Grant.”

Marcus said, "Thank you for hiring Grant. I really like him.”

I picked up Marcus, hugged him and said, “I really like you. If I was a little younger, we would so be doing it.”

Marcus surprised me by taking his hands, guiding my face to his and kissing me full on the lips. It wasn’t a meek and mild kiss either. There was passion, fire and more than a little tongue in that kiss. I felt him get more and more aroused in my arms. Marcus was a good kisser, and I knew he crushed on me big time.

He said, “That’s what you’re missing. There are a couple of boys a little younger than me in the bathroom doing it.”

“Remember how I treated you and Grant? Bring them back here and let them do their thing. I’ll back you up and then fade around the corner OK?”

“OK. I love you Timmy. Thanks for everything and ‘specially for hiring Grant.”

“Love you too Marcus.”

I put Marcus down, he groped me enthusiastically, and then went to the main restroom to do his appointed errand.

 

I heard Todd and David finishing up. I walked back around and asked quietly, “Did you guys have fun?”

They both laughed and David said, “Yeah. We never get a chance to do anything. Our parents would freak. Thanks a lot for being so cool about it.”

“I know it can be frustrating. We are going to need a few more people. Would either or both of you like to work with us?”

They were both quiet for a moment and Todd asked, “You’re serious?”

I said, “Yes. We plan to be open ten until eleven during the summer and three to eight once school starts. We need a few more people to keep from wearing out our staff.”

They both said, “Hell yeah.”

Todd asked, “Ummm… could we do something sometime?”

David said, “We’re legal.”

I said, “Didn’t you guys just finish up?”

Todd said, “You’re hot.”

On impulse, I pulled David into a hug and said, “Would you like a kiss?”

His answer was a very wet lingering smooch and a hand groping my crotch.

Todd said, “My turn, my turn!”

In comparison to David’s PG kiss, Todd’s kiss was X-rated. One hand slipped into my jeans, the other went under my shirt, and we swapped tongues. When we broke the kiss, he was gasping and his hand was still in my pants.

I said, “Come back tomorrow and ask for me or Randy, and we’ll set it up. We do stuff off site you might enjoy too, and I have a doctor who teaches you how to avoid that nasty virus. Does that sound good to you?”

David said, “If I get a job, my Dad will… I’m not sure what he’ll do but, it’ll make him happy.”

Todd said, “My Mom will too. I know we won’t be doing this all the time but, it’ll sure be cool to have someone to talk to.”

I hugged them both, and they started heading back down the hall. Todd stopped at the door Marcus had taken the younger boys in and looked a question to me.

I whispered, “More satisfied customers.”

 

I heard giggling and other happy sounds from the office where the kids had gone, and Marcus’ voice. He said something that warmed my heart: “The man who’s like our Daddy runs this place. He knows boys will be boys, he wants you to have a good time and not get in trouble. If you need some privacy, just ask one of us.”

Marcus led two cute little guys of about eleven or twelve out of the dark room.

I said, “Are you having fun?”

They both giggled and one of them said, “Yes! Marcus is really nice. You should give him a raise.”

Their clothes weren’t on quite right so, I grinned at them and said, “I’ll think about that. We need to straighten you up a bit before you go back up front.”

One said, “You’re really nice mister. Do you do it too? I really like to suck wieners and make my friends feel good. I’d like to suck your wiener.”

The other boy giggled and said, “Me too.”

I said, “Yeah, I do it but, not with little guys. It wouldn’t be right but, thanks for the offer.”

“That’s cool. You’re like my Uncle Ritchie. He does it but won’t do it with us either because we’re kids. He’s really nice and cute. You should meet him. I’m Billy and this is Robbie. Marcus said you were good to talk to. Could we talk to you?”

“Sure. Come in here.” They followed me into the old pharmacy where there was a chair.

They came close: Billy sitting on one knee, Robbie on the other.

Billy said, “My cousin Tracy likes for me to suck his wiener a lot. He’s a little older than me.”

I said, “How old?”

Billy said, “He’s thirteen.”

“Do you both enjoy it?”

Billy said, “Yeah, he loves it, but he won’t do anything for me, and he wants me to do it all the time.”

I asked, “You know what cum is?”

Robbie laughed and said, “Yeah. Tracy just got it. It must feel fantastic. He likes to spurt all the time.”

“It does feel fantastic. Many boys go a little crazy when they first get it. Just tell him that if he won’t do anything for you, he’ll just have to jerk off.”

Billy asked, “I really like to suck wieners. Does this make me queer?”

“Many, maybe even most boys experiment and play around with other boys at your age. Even if they say Ewww you suck dick, they say don’t stop once they try it.”

Robbie said, “That’s for sure. I was like that, and now it’s my favorite hobby.”

“It doesn’t really mean you are queer, just horny. Even if you are, it’s not bad, just different. You have to be careful. It can be awful for you if your family and school friends find out.”

Billy said, “Marcus said you were really nice. Thanks. Can we talk to you about stuff sometimes?”

“Sure. All it will cost you is a hug. Bring Tracy next time.”

Hugs I got. Billy and Robbie were adorable, even if their hands wandered shamelessly in the dark. I straightened Robbie’s shorts and, pulled Billy’s shirt tail out that was half-in/half-out, handed them some tokens and said, “Have fun. I’m not always here but all the guys in Game Zone shirts are all nice like Marcus. Count on it.”

 

After Billy and Robbie went back up front, I went to check on James and Ray in the employee lounge.

I knocked on the door, and it wasn’t latched. James and Ray were both fully clothed. Ray was lying down on the couch with his head in Jame's lap.

I said, “How are you two doing?”

James said, “Ray is tripping hard.”

I asked, “What is he on?”

“E”

I said, “I’ll bet he didn’t know how strong that stuff is. He thought he would just drop one and play some video games. He’ll eventually come down. It usually lasts about five or six hours. Then he’ll want to sleep. We need to take him to the house, let him sleep it off and take care of him. Big Ted is here. He can help.”

James said, “I didn’t know he was high until we started doing stuff. Will he hate me when he comes down?”

“I don’t think so. Ecstasy won’t make a straight guy go gay. It works by lowering inhibitions but, you won’t do anything completely against your nature. People on E get sweet and horny. A straight boy on E might take a blow job but, he won’t beg you to fuck him.”

James said, “I think I love him Tim. He’s just so… beautiful.”

I said, “He is that. He looks so much like Frank it’s scary. Is he awake?”

James nodded.

I got close to Ray and said, “How are you doing?”

Ray looked at me with that silly, sweet expression people on E get and grinned. He said, “I feel great. I wasn’t expecting that pill to hit me so hard.”

I said, “We’re going to take care of you. A friend of yours from your team is here— Big Ted.”

Ray looked horrified and said, “Please don’t let Big Ted find out I’m queer.”

“Ray, have you ever known Big Ted to be mean? He is your tackle. Count on him to watch your back. He already likes you and will protect you.”

The red haired boy said, “Big Ted is a really sweet. All the kids on the team love him because they know he could squish them like bugs in practice, but he takes it easy on us. He’s never a bully and keeps the guys who are from doing anything but talk. I’m just afraid about a lot of stuff. Top of the list is people finding out I’m queer. Cute guys like you and James here make me hard. My team nickname is Woody because I pitch a boner in the shower too often.”

I stroked his hair and said, “At your age, everything makes you hard. As cute as you are, I bet you aren’t the only one with wood in those showers.”

“True but, I’m usually first.”

“Inconvenient woodies are just part of being a boy. Even if you are gay, it doesn’t make you any less of a person. You are a very talented, good-looking boy. You’re just a sophomore, and you will be the starter for the high school football team. You are a great kid any parent should be proud of regardless of what makes you hard. What makes you think you’re queer?”

Ray sighed and said, “When I was ten my Uncle caught me and my friends fooling around. At first, he just made us suck his dick. Then he would get me and my friends drunk and high and do stuff to us. That’s how I started liking… you know. I told him I wanted to stop, but he just gets me high, and I go along.”

I asked, “Is he still doing it?”

He said, “Yeah. Uncle Pete is a dealer. He got this new stuff and used me as a lab rat. I didn’t want to take it, but he grabbed me by the nuts and threatened to squeeze if I didn’t swallow it. It’s supposed to make you horny. He gave me this because beer and weed weren’t cutting it anymore. Instead of staying with him, when he gave me the pill, I slipped out and came here, so I wouldn’t have to be with him. Then that pill kicked in, I met James and I wanted him. James is the best fuck ever. Way better than Uncle Pete ever was.”

It shocked and appalled me to the core that anyone would be so vile to such a nice boy. I tried to keep a calm tone when I would rather have beaten Uncle Pete’s face into mush. “Do you want it to end Ray? Your Uncle needs to go down for what he’s done to you.”

Ray said, “I would be so ashamed. Mama knows what he’s doing to me but, she’s on his dope and Uncle Pete pays our bills. I don’t want to be around him anymore but, I don’t know what else to do.”

“It doesn’t have to be about sex Ray. If he’s got dope, that will do the trick. Depending on what he has and how much— he could go away for a long time. “

James took Ray’s hand and said, “You can trust him Ray. Tim has helped us all out of trouble.”

Ray said, “Uncle Pete goes by the name of Peter Drummond but, I’m sure it’s fake. I don’t know his real name, but he has at least a half dozen fake IDs. He drives a ratty old white van. He keeps some of his stuff in it because he can lock it up. The rest is in the basement at home.”

I asked, “You reckon he’ll come looking for you?”

Ray said, “Probably. The kids who sell for him are my best friends. He does them too for money, food and dope. We just live a few blocks down Jasper.”

James asked, “What does he look like?”

Ray said, “A forty-something balding loser with a beer belly. He’s always scruffy and a little dirty. He keeps a gun under the seat of his van. He was wearing an orange Tennessee Vols shirt last time I saw him.”

James got up and said, “I’m going to warn Randy to be on the lookout for him.”

As soon as James left, Ray said, “James has told me a lot about you. There are few conditions. I’m smart and make all A’s. I’m a good athlete. Everybody tells me I’m handsome.”

“You will make a fine addition to the family. What do you need Ray?”

“James is crushing on you hard. Let me watch him blow you.”

I said, “You asked for something for James?”

He said, “Oh, it’s for me too. He’ll love it, he’ll love me for making it happen for him, and I get him afterwards. I like to watch sometimes. It makes me super hot.”

I ruffled his hair and said, “Why you kinky rascal. I like that you are thinking about what James wants. It will have to be just between us. James is just fourteen. We’ll do it at home, not here if that’s what you really want.”

Ray said, “Fourteen!? You’re kidding.”

“Nope. James is a real keeper, and I’ll expect you to treat him right. I love him too and, if he’s just fourteen now, just think what a stud he’ll be in a few years. What’s your second condition?”

“I want to work here. I love this place.”

I scooted over close to him and put my arm around him. “Of all the things you could have asked for, you want something for your boyfriend and a job. Ray, you aren’t just a good boy. You’re a great boy, and I’ll be proud to be the Daddy that you deserve. You’ll get what you asked for and a lot more.”

Ray said, “One more thing: I will want you to come by at night and hug me and talk to me like you do with the other boys.”

He leaned into me and I stroked his hair. “I'll do that anyway. Here are my conditions: nothing stronger than weed, always use a rubber and always take care of the family. I’ll never make you do anything for me sexually. I’ll take care of you. I won’t let you fuck off or fuck up but, you can be yourself.”

Ray seemed to teleport into my lap. He hugged me back fiercely; he whispered in my ear, “You wouldn’t have to make me. I’ve always wanted a…”

“Daddy? That’s what every kid wants and needs Ray. It has nothing to do with sex. There are many adults like Uncle Pete that will use that need to get into kids pants. I won’t. Later on if you want to, fine but, at this point it has nothing to do with sex. It’s about giving you a safe place and a family to grow up with.”

James opened the door, entered the room and closed the door. He sat down beside us and said, “I told Randy, and he got on his radio. He said to get the radios from the office and distribute them.”

“James, you sure picked a sweet boyfriend. Tell him what is up Ray. I’m going to the office down the hall and to the right.”

I used my new keys and got the office open on the second try. After a quick search in the dark, I found the light switch and the room lit up. There was a desk for paperwork, a safe for the cash cartridges for the token machines went, and a supply closet, but my main interest was the console that controlled all the security cameras. Discrete security cameras were located in key places throughout the arcade on the inside and out.

I was most concerned with the cameras outside. I had numerous views of the parking lot out front, the employee parking lot on the side and a view from the loading dock. The cameras could be steered and focused manually.

All the rest were focused on the inside. There were six views of the front. A few scores of teenagers played video games, socializing and a few boy-girl couples making out. There was another camera in the grill and one that covered the hall looking forward toward the Grill from the employee lounge. Every camera feed was recorded on a special VCR tape and changed every day.

James and Ray followed me into the office and James hugged me tight. I opened my arms and brought Ray into it. I gave them both a peck on the head and James said, “I didn’t think you would.”

“It’s what Ray asked for. You’ve wanted it for a while. He’s going to get you after you are done with me, so it sounds like everybody wins.”

Ray said, “There’s Walt. He's one of Uncle Pete’s dealers.”

He pointed at a cute boy about Ray’s age dressed in a Ratt concert t-shirt talking to an older boy. They thought they were being slick hiding between a row of game machines, but I distinctly saw money change hands and a tiny baggie. I froze the image and zoomed in.

Ray said, “That’s the stuff. The kid’s name is Walt.” He pointed to another one. “The other kid's name is Juan. Uhh… I've known them since third grade. They are the ones Uncle Pete caught me with. Whatever you do, please don’t hurt them. They are my only friends. Pete has been doing stuff to all three of us and keeping us in line with food, money and dope for years.”

I asked, “Have you ever dealt Ray?”

He lowered his face and said, “A little weed sometimes. Some guys on the team like it. That’s it. I won’t sell anything harder.”

I hugged him and said, “Then it’s an excellent day to get out of the business. We’re about to fuck up Uncle Pete’s little empire. Ray, we’re about to nab Walt and Juan. We’re going to bring them back here. Randy will search them and go through the motions of arresting them. We have them dealing on videotape. Then we’re going to give them a chance to get out of it. You know them. What will they do?”

Ray chuckled, “Shit their pants and offer you a blow you if you let them go. Don’t take it. They would blow the guys working here for free.”

 

I gave James and Ray a radio and showed them how to use it. If Uncle Pete showed up, they would let us know. I turned one on and clipped it to my belt. As I moved through the arcade I handed out radios to my guys. The first one to Roderick in the Grill, and I told him what was going on.

As I worked my way towards Randy in the front, I had the same short conversations with each of my guys until I reached Randy and Jeb at the front door. I gave both of them a radio and had Randy step out front. We had a short conversation where I filled him in on the plan. Randy told me that the sheriff’s narcotics guys had an unmarked car in the parking lot and some Lakewood cops were in the gym. If Uncle Pete showed up, he was in for a bad day.

When it happened, it happened very fast. Randy and Roderick took Juan and Big Ted and I took Walt. We told both of them that we had them dealing on videotape. Then we took them to the office and showed them. Randy handcuffed them both and read them their rights.

We separated them as Randy searched Juan in the office with Roderick as a witness.

Big Ted and I took Walt into the old dark pharmacy and stood waiting. I stood behind him with a hand on his shoulder and Big Ted in front of him to make sure he didn’t try to ditch anything.

Walt with his handcuffs behind his back, he put his hands right in my crotch and said very softly, “I’ll do anything you want if you’ll just let me go.”

I let his hands linger there and got a little hard. I said, “Are you on E?”

Walt said, “Yeah. It makes you feel great and horny. I’ll make you guys feel great…”

Big Ted ran his hand down Walt’s chest and said, “You are a cutie. Be a shame for jailbirds to get such a good-looking boy. What do you say boss? Let’s keep him.”

Walt was pitching a tent in his shorts and I said, “We don’t want to hurt you Walt but, I don’t want drugs in my place. What if we gave you a way out of this with your dignity intact, no record and a job working here? Heck, you’re cute enough. We could probably even get you laid.”

Walt was a little confused and said, “Wait. What?”

I said, “We’re not cops. The guy in the office is. We’re not. The cops don’t want you. The cops really want Uncle Pete.”

Walt perked up. He was still muzzy from the E but, we had his attention: “I’m listening.”

“Your buddy Ray is here. Uncle Pete gave him some E to get him in the mood to fuck him. He slipped out and came here to hide. After a while, we could tell he was messed up. We don’t care if you come in high to play. That’s cool. We just don’t want it here. When you are too messed up to stand, we try and take care of you. When we offered to call Ray’s parents he freaked and told us the whole story. About how you were three little ten-year-old buddies doing what boys do and Uncle Pete caught you. How he pays your parents for you to deal for him and has been using you as his personal sex toys for five years using money, dope and food to keep you in line. The way we see it, you three are the victims. We want to help you, and we can do it without bringing up anything about sex at all. We get him busted for dealing this shit, and he’s gone.”

Walt said quietly, “Holy shit. You know everything, and I can tell you want to help.”

Now I hugged him and said, “I honestly love kids Walt— especially gay kids that are being abused and fucked over. That’s why I built this place. I protect them and, between the dope and Uncle Pete, you’re in a jam. This is a way out for you and your friends Ray and Juan.”

Big Ted kissed Walt on the cheek and said, “You’ll make a some of new friends.”

Walt said, “Sir, you are the first person who has honestly tried to help me in a long time. I think I’m in love with you. The money and dope is in my underwear flap. You wouldn’t mind getting it for me, would you? I’m a little tied up.”

Big Ted chuckled and said, “Stand in line kid, everybody loves Tim. I’ve never seen him fuck over anybody who doesn’t have it coming in spades like Uncle Pete. You can trust Tim to do what he says.”

Big Ted removed a baggie with money and smaller baggies inside from Walt’s underwear. I said, “So. You aren’t being arrested anymore. Are you OK now?”

The boy said, “Yes, I am; for the first time in a long time. Just horny as hell. Maybe you should check to make sure Ted didn’t miss anything.”

I reached around and ran my hand down and carefully and gently checked. His cock was so hard it was pulsing. I did find a small baggie with what felt like a dozen pill in it. I palmed them and stuck them in my pocket.

I said, “You seem a little tense Walt. How would you like a blow job to relax?”

Walt said, “Seriously!? Oh God, yes!”

He leaned against me as Big Ted gave him some relief and I whispered in his ear, “We’re all gay Walt. We’re family, we watch each other’s backs, love each other, and we take care of our own. Do you want in?”

Walt’s response was to turn his head and kiss me passionately as Big Ted swallowed his juice. Once Big Ted was done, we pulled up his shorts, took the cuffs off and took turns holding him until Randy called for us. Walt was all ours.

 

So was Juan. He was even easier than Walt. Randy and Roderick had him so tame, he was eating out of their hands. After the searches we put all the money and dope into evidence bags and Randy filled in the details on the baggie with a sharpie. I forgot about the E in my pocket.

We had one of the Sheriff’s Narcotics officers come into the office. He put wires on both boys. We gave them money in twenties and a hundred dollar bills with tiny marks on them. The boys would go back to Uncle Pete and tell him that the Game Zone was a gold mine. They were sold out and had buyers fronting money for more. In addition, they would tell Uncle Pete that Ray was there playing games. This is what the police call a controlled buy, and Uncle Pete swallowed the bait whole.

Juan and Walt left and returned a little over twenty minutes later with more E and handed it over to the deputy. Uncle Pete had demanded that Ray return home, or he would come get him. Sure enough Uncle Pete showed up and parked the white van right at the front door despite the big no parking sign. He got out furious and when Randy refused him admittance to the arcade, he got belligerent. Uniformed police officers arrested him on the spot for disorderly conduct and suspicion of DUI (Driving Under the Influence).

The police took the van behind our loading dock as not to provide a spectacle. The DUI was quickly confirmed and, provided probable cause for a search of the van which revealed the buy money, ecstasy, cocaine, marijuana and a concealed weapon. Uncle Pete was arrested for possession and intent to distribute. He would be busy with the state authorities for some time.

I packed Marcus, Grant, James, Ray, Walt and Juan into the new Toyota truck and left for the mall. I trusted Randy to handle things. My first stop was the big sporting goods store. I got all the boys who didn’t have them already a couple of pairs of white tennis shorts, some board shorts, Speedos and jocks.

I made a quick stop in the big box electronics store and arranged to have a big screen projection TV for the Grill, a smaller TV and a boom-box for the employee lounge delivered to the Game Zone and installed. My favorite electronics salesperson was delighted to see me as usual.

 

We arrived home at a little before four. I was greeted by the rest of the horde. Larry and Tommy practically mugged me. Kelly and Jo-Jo were next and then Aaron and Adam hugged my neck. Matthew, Bart, Chase and Eric were there. They were all in the Game Zone uniform as they were the next shift going in.

Larry’s eyes widened when Ray, Walt and Juan got out of the truck. He greeted them with fist bumps and bro-hugs. So did Kelly, Aaron and Jeff. When they found out that they were going to stay and work at Game Zone, there were actual hugs.

I made it to the kitchen and got a big hug from Maria. She introduced me to Mrs. Holloway— Larry and Tommy’s mother. She was wearing an apron and was obviously helping prepare what looked to be a wonderful meal. Two huge bowls of salad were in the refrigerator, six pans of lasagna and garlic bread was waiting to go in the oven.

Mrs. Holloway said, “I had to meet you. I don't know how you managed it but, Larry and Tommy have been so much better since they met you, and your crowd. They used to fight all the time. That’s changed and it has been so sudden. They’re closer now.”

I said, “Larry reminded me so much of myself at that age I couldn’t help but like him. Then Adam and Tommy came along. Cute as they are, everybody likes them. I think maybe now that they’ve become a part of this menagerie and have the right kind of friends around them, they’re more secure and don’t have to be so competitive.”

Maria covered one of the lasagnas with aluminum foil and said, “I’ve never seen a man as good with kids as Mr. Shepherd. I’m not sure how he does it, but they really seem to relate to him. He’s been a better father to my Tony than my ex-husband ever was.”

I grinned and said, “I’m not a lot older than they are. I didn’t really plan for this to happen but, now that it has, I wouldn’t change a thing. This is a family of sorts and in many ways it takes care of itself. I’ve been in the hospital since Sunday morning, and it just keeps ticking.”

Maria said, “We’re having guests for dinner. I believe your doctor said you needed to rest? I’ll serve at seven, and I’ll send someone for you about six thirty.”

“Yes Mam. Mrs. Holloway, I’m pleased to meet you. Thanks for helping out and, I’ll be glad to have a word with you later. I’m about to fall out.”

The stairs seemed steeper than they used to be. I made it to my room, took off my clothes down to the boxers and went to sleep.

 

I was having a very pleasant erotic dream when I realized that someone was giving me an excellent blow job. My hands went to the wonderful head that was providing me with so much pleasure, and it was Cole. Good for him.

I was close, and I could see that Cole was really getting into it. I didn’t have to fake anything; he was doing an impressive job. I was still wearing my boxers, so I rose, and he helped snatch them off me. He rewarded me by licking my balls driving me into a near state of frenzy which he skillfully managed by plunging back on my cock driving me to orgasm.

I sat up and wrapped Cole in a hug and said, “That’s my favorite way to wake up. Thanks, Cole.”

Cole said, “It’s been hard waiting for the right time. We’re gone two days, and you’ve got three more cuties in the harem? Most of us know all three of them from school.”

“How did you like Biloxi?”

Cole said, “It was strange going to a funeral, and actually enjoying it. I can’t believe you chartered a plane.”

“Commercial flights would have made us fly to Atlanta, lay over eight hours and then fly to Biloxi. I didn’t want to put Toby and Brandon through that for Sam’s funeral.”

“Well, it was great. A limo picked us up at the airport and took us right to the funeral. It was a military funeral with all the trimmings. There was a bugler and some soldiers fired rifle volleys in salute. An officer gave Toby and Brandon a folded flag. It didn’t last long. Some of the people who attended had known Sam when he was a JAG. A few of them told stories about some of the things he did. When it was over, the limo took us to a steak and seafood restaurant on the beach, and I think we ate two whole platters of raw oysters. Toby and I shared a seafood platter for two and were stuffed. I’d never had scallops before, but I think they’re my favorite now. Then the limo took us to the Hilton where we had a suite on the tenth floor overlooking the Gulf. Two bottles of excellent Champaign were delivered to the room. Uncle Dave, now Toby has me calling him that too, was great. He told us how cute and sweet you were when you were our age. I could talk about it all day but, you’ve got to get ready. We’ve got company.”

“Do you know who it is?”

Cole said, “Jo-Jo’s Dad, Larry and Tommy’s Mom. Then there’s Sheriff Hollingsworth, Judge Vinson, Mr. Griggs and Uncle Dave. The night shift has already gone to the Game Zone, and the day shift is back. Danny is going to drive me to the Game Zone with a couple of pans of lasagna and garlic bread for our guys.”

“It smells wonderful. I’m going to take a quick shower and get dressed. I’ll be back at the Game Zone later to help close.”

Cole moved to get up, but I held him and spoke quietly in his ear, “Thanks. That’s my favorite way to wake up. Don’t be surprised when I do it to you and Toby. I love you.”

Cole said, “I know. Not the smart ass Hans Solo I know. It’s I know you do, and I love you too.”

“Money doesn’t make you rich Cole. This does.”

I reluctantly released him and got dressed for dinner in jeans and a Game Zone t-shirt. I decided that I might as well go formal.

 

 

I went downstairs to the formal dining room. Maria had it looking absolutely wonderful. She had all the tables arranged in a U formation with white tablecloths.

I was intercepted by Brian wearing khaki pants and a polo shirt. I grabbed him into a hug and said, “You look so much better.”

He blushed at the attention and said, “I’m still a little sore in the ribs but, everybody has been great to me.”

“I can’t wait to take you out on the boat.”

Brian said, “You’ll have too. You don’t know where we put the trot lines.”

He seated me at the big table between Sheriff Hollingsworth and Judge Vinson.

David was sitting next to the Judge and I said, “David, I sure appreciate you filling in for me and taking Toby and Brandon to Sam’s graveside service. I owe you for that.”

David shook his head and said, “No, it was my pleasure. I’m just getting the feel for this Uncle thing, and I think I like it. All four boys were good company.”

Sheriff Hollingsworth said, “You will never believe who 'Uncle Pete' really is.”

I said, “Uncle Pete is bad enough. After what Ray told me he had done to him, I wanted to go a few rounds with him myself.”

Judge Vinson said, “Tim, he is Roy Geiger the escaped child killer. He escaped from prison in Texas back in the late seventies. They’ve been looking for him for years. We’re going to send him back to Texas. He’s got a ticket to death row, and he is already late. You probably saved those boys lives.”

I sighed. “Are you going to let me keep them?”

The Judge chuckled and said, “While you took a nap, Frank and Ray compared notes. They are half-brothers.”

“That explains why I’ve been thinking I was looking at Frank all afternoon.”

She asked, “Don’t you have enough on your hands?”

“I can handle it. I’ve got help, and I don’t think Walt and Juan would do well in foster care. They’re not babies, and we’re going to have to get them all the right kind of help to get over what they’ve been through.”

Judge Vinson said, “I wouldn’t think of splitting up Ray and Frank, and I’ll give you temporary custody of Walt and Juan. Walt’s mother was unconscious on drugs when they went to her house, and no one even knows where Juan’s parents are. The thing that astonishes me is that according to school records, they’re all good kids and to have this going on at home, you would think there would be warning signs.”

“I talked to all three of them”, I said. “School was their refuge. Ray has straight-A’s and the other two are both good students. They had to be self-sufficient in things like food and clothes.”

Sheriff Hollingsworth said, “I’m very impressed with the Game Zone. David and I were talking about the security systems installed. If my kids weren’t grown, it’s the kind of place I would have been comfortable with them going. Getting a creep like Roy Geiger off our streets is a big help. He had enough dope to put the whole county in orbit in his basement.”

David said, “I believe you’ve met Mrs. Holloway but have you met Bud Smith? He’s Jo-Jo’s Dad and manager of the airport over near Rivervine.”

“It’s a pleasure to meet you Mr. Smith. Jo-Jo and Kelly are favorites around here.”

Mr. Smith said, “Jo-Jo has the personality to fill any sized room, and even Kelly has come out of his shell since he’s met some of your kids. Kelly’s Mom wants to meet you too, but she’s out on a rig until just before the first. She is Shell Oil's Gulf States Regional Safety Manager.”

I said, “Both of them are great kids. I enjoy a nice morning run. That’s where we crossed paths and Jo-Jo is usually out early too. I think they’ve adopted each other.”

Mr. Smith said, “That’s for sure. I’m glad to have Kelly around to keep an eye on Jo-Jo during the day, and I think it’s done Kelly good to have Jo-Jo around. They seem an odd pair, but they complement each other nicely.”

David said, “There are some others I’ll introduce you after dinner.”

Judge Vinson asked quietly, “Where are the boys now?”

I said, “Ray, Walt and Juan are upstairs sleeping that stuff off. We’ve got someone watching over them.”

She said, “Good. Let’s give it a few days, and I’ll want to talk to them. I think you’ve got some good boys there, hopefully without too many scratches and dents. Truthfully, I think you can provide better care than anything the state can. I just don’t want you to kill yourself doing it.”

Soon the chairs filled up with Randy and most of the Game Zone’s day shift— many still wearing the white shorts and green Game Zone shirt. I noticed Frank was absent and had no doubt he was upstairs with Ray.

 

Once we were seated, Marie and Brian served the dinner which was a combination celebration welcoming me home from the hospital, Toby and Brandon back from Biloxi and the grand opening of Game Zone tomorrow.

Dinner was excellent. Marie had pulled out all the stops. She had spinach salad with vinaigrette dressing, lasagna to die for with real shredded Parmesan cheese and the best garlic bread I’ve ever had.

I had never had Tiramisu before, but I had a new favorite desert.

Afterwards, I had individual discussions. The first was with Mr. Joseph Smith— Jo-Jo’s Dad who was quite aware that Jo-Jo was gay, and he was quite astonished that he had snagged Kelly who he thought was quite a prize. I discretely inquired about Kelly’s Mom, and he said that meeting her had been great. They were slowly on their way to becoming a family.

My second conference was with Judge Vinson and Sheriff Hollingsworth. I told them that Bobby and Tommy Knight had been abused by the corrupt Deputy and had been too embarrassed to complain about it. The Sheriff agreed to look over the records and our Judge agreed that with the Sheriff’s assent, she would vacate their conviction and the state would refund their fines. They were glad to do it as no law enforcement organization wants that kind of taint on their record.

Larry and Tommy’s Mom was delighted that the boys had a male role model in their life. Larry and Tommy had both been looking for one, and she was aware that they had crossed paths with Andrew. I told her of my plans for the Fourth of July and hunting and fishing, and she was delighted to have them take part in that. Before she left she asked, “You aren’t even going to take credit for it are you?”

I said, “I do many things people think I should take credit for Mrs. Hollingsworth but helping a widow with two boys is something that I take pleasure in.”

Mrs. Hollingsworth said, “Helping? Your Good Shepherd Foundation paid off my mortgage. That was more than helping. It’s life changing.”

“I wasn’t just helping you. I was helping you and Larry and Tommy. Losing your husband and their father was a hard blow. No one can fix it but, I can hope it improved things. I am a very wealthy Mrs. Holloway but, my father taught me there is a responsibility to use that wealth compassionately and to make our community a better place. Helping your family was a distinct pleasure.”

I got a hug that had I been straight might have led to marriage.

David introduced me to Matthew and Chance’s father— Mr. Eric Stevens. I could see where Matthew got it. Stevens was an early retired engineer who had been at NASA during the glory days. He was a real rocket scientist, maybe the smartest person in the area but, he had a few eccentricities. I was reminded a bit of Jerry Lewis’s Nutty Professor. He, too, was delighted to see Matthew becoming, as he put it, more social. He confided in me that he knew that Chance was gay and had a boyfriend and had long just assumed that Matthew and Bart were a couple. He couldn’t quite figure out how to broach the matter without it being incredibly awkward.

I asked about Bart’s parents and his answer was somewhat gruff. He said it’s a case of people with more money than brains. They had houses all over the place but, Bart had friends in Lakeview. He stayed with the Stevens most of the time while Bart’s parents were off to Italy or Aspen or elsewhere. I told him that was the case with one of the boys who stayed with me more out of choice than need.

The last person I spoke to was Hiram Griggs. He apologized profusely for the accident which I accepted. He was relieved that I wasn’t going to sue. I told him that it was an accident, he had made amends, and we were square. I noted that he had done it, not an insurance company. It would be dishonorable of me to seek further damages when amends had been made. I told him that I’d rather make a friend of someone who, I thought, had acted honorably than kick them. We exchanged cards and I hoped something good would grow from the seed I planted with a man who owned timber acreage larger than a few Eastern states.

Dinner was done, and my guests departed by a little after eight and David and I retired to my deck overlooking the park. I was astonished at how much progress and been made. All the nasty undergrowth was gone and the trees that had obstructed my view of the park were on their way to a paper mill. I could easily see the new pool, the new building that replaced the old restroom would double as a restroom and, in season, showers and a changing room for the pool. There were some camp sites, but they weren’t for general use. They had been put back in the woods for local kids to use. The pavilion was done I could clearly see the odd little patch set aside for skateboards. It had bumps and rolling hills and something called a half pike. In the skate park, all the concrete was covered by a sprayed on polymer that was tough and provided traction. If you fell on it, it was smooth and firm like rubber, not hard and rough like cement.

On the other side of my property, work on the St. Luke’s Community Center had started. They were rolling in red sand by the dump truck load and had been driving piles all week to stabilize the ground to build on.

David was more upbeat and seemed to be enjoying himself more than he had in years. I asked, “Are you having fun Uncle Dave?”

He laughed and said, “Yes I am. I love those boys and so does Betty. She dotes on them. I can’t tell which one is her favorite. I’m thinking Barry but, it might be Toby.”

“When is the big move?”

“We’re already in. The moving van rolled on Tuesday afternoon and then about thirty boys swarmed the place. We were in by the time I got back from Biloxi. Betty already has volunteer babysitters.”

“I can’t tell you how glad I am that’s working out for you. It’s good to have you close. I’m thinking of another project on a small scale. Have you seen all the houses for sale on Jasper Drive?”

David thought for a minute and said, “Yes. There are a bunch of them. It’s an older neighborhood that went in during the late forties. I believe they called them track houses but, they used five or six designs, so it’s not like most track housing.”

I said, “I’m thinking of buying up some of them— mostly for rentals. There’s that two-story colonial right next door to the Game Zone. We can use it for a place for our guys to rest. Next summer, I think I’m going to put a barbecue place in the space on the other side of the gym. Roderick and his brothers will be the point on that and living close like that would help.”

Dave said, “There’s no way to be sure what we’ll have to do to the houses until we get into them. I’ve done some renovations that turned into rebuilds after we found out how extensive the termite damage was. Some might be cheaper just to rebuild from the ground up. We can do it but, with the stuff we’re looking at doing upstate, and the St. Luke’s project, we’ll need to go one property at a time.”

“I can live with that.” I asked, “Is that your Ranger bass boat parked at the dock?”

David said, “Yeah. I got it used, so Betty didn’t fuss much. I figured since we live across the bay…”

I said, “It’s a lot closer by water, and some of our boys are fishing fanatics.”

David said, “Randy and I were talking about Steven’s real father. The guy has some solid construction credentials, especially in concrete work. I could use him.”

I said, “I don’t think he even knows Steven exists. Call him. Tell him that you’re willing to give him a shot. We can talk to him and see what he’s like. He was only nineteen when he got arrested for statutory rape. He might be OK, but prison can mess up young people. We’ll be cautious about whether we tell Steven anything. How is Arrowhead?”

David said, “Done. It has had a big upgrade. We did the pool and bathhouse up there before we did this one to make sure we had it down. The pool is full and the Henderson boys were swimming it when I left it Monday. One of my guys will be overseeing the new kitchen and furnishings tomorrow.”

I asked, “Could I take a few boys up there to overnight Friday?”

David said, “Sure. Now, I’ve got to go. Betty is waiting.”

We fist-bumped and David headed out.

 

 

I did a quick walk around and ran into Jeb and Lee with their door open. Their little entertainment center was hooked up, and the radio was playing something good for a change. I recognized something from Who’s Next playing low and Lee and Jeb were lying side beside talking.

I said, “Hey guys. How are you?”

Lee said, “Just about perfect. I had fun working all day and I got to come home to Jeb.”

Jeb poked him with and elbow and said, “Yeah, Game Zone is fun. It’s hard to call it working. It’s more like babysitting and making sure nobody gets too mean or rowdy.”

“I’m thinking of running up to Arrowhead Lodge Friday night. Take the new kids and have a look to see if we need to do anything else before the fourth.”

Jeb said, “Won’t that make us short at Game Zone?”

“No. I’ve hired a few new people. It’s not going to be everybody. It’ll just the newest people and a few of us that have been before. I want to spend some time away and, get to know our new guys.”

Jeb said, “I’ll definitely go. Lee won’t say it, but he misses his brothers.”

Lee said, “I’ve got so many new ones but, I wouldn’t mind seeing the squirts.”

I asked, “What do you think of the new Toyota?”

Lee said, “She’s a beauty.”

“I’ve been meaning to get you a truck. If you like that one, she’s yours. I’ll need to drive her until I can get another but, you earned her Saturday night when you put your butt on the line for Aaron.”

Lee seemed to teleport into my arms and Jeb followed him. I held my cousin close as he sobbed happy tears. I said, “I’m so proud of both of you.”

I held Lee, and he asked, “Umm… about Aaron and Adam. They’ve both got some hero worship going on.”

I said, “I don’t doubt it.”

Jeb said, “Aaron wants Lee to fuck him.”

I said, “Does that bug you Jeb?”

He shook his head and I said, “Just be gentle. Aaron is a bottom, damned cute, and he likes that. I’m surprised Jeb and him hadn’t hooked up at some point in the past.”

Jeb said flatly, “We have. It’s just… Aaron’s so pretty.”

Lee hugged Jeb and said something only Jeb could hear. It must have been good because Jeb’s cock twitched in his shorts.

 

My next stop was the room where Grant and Marcus were hanging out. Grant looked miserable and said, “It’s getting late. I’m afraid I need to get home.”

“That’s OK. I’m driving back over to the Game Zone to see how it’s going and close. You can ride with me. I need to check on a few more people, and I’ll come by and grab you on the way.”

 

I found where Ray, Walt and Juan had been stashed. There were on the first floor of the West wing in some empty rooms. Frank and Ray in the first one. Frank had a pillow in his lap and Ray lying down with his head on it. Frank looked up and said, “You are so getting laid for rescuing my baby brother from that creep.”

Ray said, “I’m not a baby.”

Frank hugged him and said, “No, you’re not, but you are mine. Mine! I’ve always wanted a little brother.”

I said, “And he’s an adorable one at that.”

James, who had been absent appeared, asked, “Did the judge say we get to keep him?”

I said, “She’s not going to separate him from Frank. She wants to see Ray, Walt and Juan in a few days after they settle in. They’re going to be on light probation but, I doubt it will last very long.”

Ray said, “This has been the best day of my life. I got the sweetest boyfriend I could have ever hoped for, a big brother, a real Dad and free of that scumbag Pete all within a few hours.”

That comment got him hugged by everybody in the room.

 

Big Ted was in the next room with Walt. When I came in the room, Walt was asleep. Big Ted was easily three times Walt’s size and was gently rubbing his back like Walt was a reclined cat. I’m not sure which one was happier— Walt or Big Ted. With Big Ted around, Walt had no worries, and Big Ted got to watch over one of our pups.

 

Chris was in the last room on the left with Juan. He was laying on the bed and Chris was sitting in a chair beside him. Juan had been sweating and an empty bottle of water was on the nightstand. Juan was stripped to his boxers and was lying on a towel. I approached Juan and asked quietly, “How are you feeling?”

Juan smiled and said, “Like I’ve got an angel watching over me.”

Chris put his hand on Juan’s smiling cheek and said, “Flattery will get you everywhere.”

I knelt down beside the bed and said, “He is cute.”

Chris said, “Cute!? He’s adorable.”

I reached over and stroked his hair, “He is that. Would you mind if I gave you a hug?”

Juan shook his head and I wrapped my arms around him.

He hugged me back and said, “Thank you, Mr. Shepherd. I think you saved my life. They tell me Pete killed another boy who got tired of being raped and complained.”

I held him with one arm and brushed back his hair. “I’m Tim, and it was a pleasure helping you three out of the jam you were in. I hope you’ll be happy here.”

“I already am. Everybody here has been so nice. It’s like a dream, and everyone is so hot. I keep expecting to wake up with shorts full of goo.”

I stood up and noticed that Juan had a throbbing boner in his boxers. I walked to the door, looked both ways and closed it.

I walked back to where Chris was sitting, pulled a coin out of my pocket and said, “Call it- heads or tails.”

I flipped the coin, caught in the air and Chris called heads.

I looked at the coin and said, “Damn. It’s heads.”

Chris said, “Cool- I won.”

Chris knelt down beside Juan, pulled his boxers down and started blowing him.

Juan’s back arched, and he said, “Dios mio.”

I knelt beside Juan, hugged him and kissed his chest. He put his arms around me, panting as Chris got him off.”

He said, “That was…”

I said, “Because we love you Juan and wet dreams are so messy and inconvenient.”

He smiled radiantly and said, “estoy en el paraíso!”

I said, “Eris amado.”

 

 

I collected Grant, who had his Sportsmart package under his arm and, was about to head out when he asked, “Uhh Tim, could I ask you something? It’s a little embarrassing.”

I said, “Sure, I’m just going in my room to change.”

Grant followed me into my room and closed the door behind him.

As I pulled out some white tennis shorts, white socks and shoes. Grant said, “I’ve never worn a jock before and there are a couple of kinds in here. What’s the difference?”

I noticed his shorts were looking a little full. I suspected he was trying to get a peek or scam some action, so I played along. I dumped the bag out. I picked up the three pack and said, “Feel these? They are really cool and comfortable- very sheer. These will be your favorite. Even if you get a complete boner, they’ll keep it under control. The other two: the red and black one and the blue and red ones are quite sexy. If you are going to play with Marcus, you would want to wear one of these.”

He picked up the red and blue on and said, “I like this one.”

I handed him a pair of fingernail clippers, and he snipped off the price tag. While he was preparing his jock for use, I dropped my jeans and put on my white tennis shorts. I noticed his concentration wasn’t great.

I said, “At first they feel odd because most people are used to boxers or briefs. They keep your cock and balls from flapping around. If you play baseball of other contact sports you can get a jock that has a hard plastic shell called a cup that protects your balls from impacts.”

Grant was nervous, and I could tell he had a full-fledged boner now. He dropped his gym shorts and boxers and sported a seven-inch plus cock.

I said, “I can see why Marcus likes that. Not bad for sixteen but a jock won’t be that comfortable with wood. Where’s Marcus? Hasn’t he blown you like six times today?”

Grant blushed and said, “Just four. He went to bed.”

I said, “Would you like me to help you with that?”

Grant looked surprised and said, “Would you really?”

“I like you Grant. It’s not illegal and if you want to, I’ll give you a category five blow job.”

Grant pulled up his shorts and said, “I’m sorry. This was wrong of me. I was just… You make me hot and… I don’t really have to go home. I called Grandma. I can stay over.”

I said, “If you want one, you’re legal, and we would both enjoy it.”

He said, “I didn’t really think you would. Could we do that some other time? I went crazy with Marcus today.”

“Sure, Grant.” Seeing his keys on the floor I asked, “Don’t forget your keys. Don’t you need to get your car home?”

Grant said, “I don’t drive. I’ve got a car, but it doesn’t run. It used to be my Dad’s, but it sat up for years in the garage.”

I said, “Come on then. I’ve got to see it.” I grabbed his ass and said, “Who knows. I might blow you when nobody’s looking.”

He followed me downstairs and asked, “Really?”

“It could happen.” I pulled him into a hug and said, “Grant, you are really sweet, and you’re turning into a hottie. You might not think so but, Marcus noticed and so did I.”

 

We got in the shiny new Toyota and drove to Grant’s Grandma’s house. It was in decent shape and Grant kept her yard up. Grant went inside and beckoned me to follow him. He whispered that his grandma was asleep, and she slept like a log.

I followed him into the garage and was astonished. Grant pulled back a tarp covering 1969 Shelby Cobra 350GT in excellent condition. All four tires were flat but everything else was like a time capsule. It looked brand new. I gasped and said, “Grant, she’s beautiful. Red and white paint job and everything is pristine.”

Grant asked, “You think it’ll run again?”

“I’m sure it will. It’ll take a little work, but this car is like fine art. Look, I’ll buy you a truck or something to learn to drive in. This beauty is worth a lot. This is a show car. You don’t want to total it driving to work or to going to a 7-11 for junk food.”

Grant’s eyes widened, and he said, “What’ll it take to get her running again?”

I said, “We start with a new battery, flush the fuel line and put new tires on her. Maybe six hundred bucks, but that’s just a starting point. I could probably get her running over a weekend. It all depends on what else we find but, it’s doable.”

He looked at me and said, “You would do that for me?”

“This car is a legacy left to you by your father. It’s priceless. Treat it like the Sunday silver. Keep it in a garage; only take it out for car shows. Heck, buy a truck and a trailer to take it to car shows. I only ask that if you sell it, let me buy it.”

He sobbed, “Why… why would you do that for me? I’m nobody. Heck, I even tried to scam you just a little while ago.”

I hugged him and said, “You were too honest to go through with it. Everybody is somebody Grant. You’re a kid, a nice kid with potential trying to figure out who that somebody is. I’ll do it because I believe that somebody is worth the effort.”

As I was hugging him, I saw his Grandma in her housecoat looking at me through the door smiling. She gave me thumbs up and went back inside. I asked Grant, “Do you need anything? We’re going camping Friday night.”

Grant said, “I’ll go put some things in an overnight bag.”

As I was standing in the kitchen waiting, Mrs. Stewart was sitting at the kitchen table drinking a cup of tea. She said, “Bravo Timmy. Bravo. I am not well. I’m not going to drop dead tomorrow but, I doubt I’ll live to see Grant graduate. Grant needs a father and I think you would make a fine one. Are you willing?”

“Yes Mam. I would be honored. If you need any help with the papers, I could have one of my attorneys contact you.”

She said, “Thank you. That would be most helpful.”

 

 

Grant and I pulled into the Game Zone a little after nine. The parking lot and bikes out front were very similar to the number that had been there in the afternoon.

When I entered the front door a person that could only have been a Marine a short time ago was sitting at the front desk. He was wearing a Game Zone t-shirt and white tennis shorts and definitely had the Cajun look: he was stocky, about 5’ 10”, rippled with muscles. He had jet black hair, an olive complexion and intelligent brown eyes.

I grinned and said, “Daniel Milloy, I’m Tim Shepherd. It’s good to finally meet you. I’ve heard you’ve been a lot of help watching over things since you arrived.”

Daniel stood gave me a good, firm handshake and said, “Please call me Danny. I’ve been anxious to meet you sir. It’s not just any principle that could have made that shot or would have had the stones to try it. I look forward to working with you and the boys.”

I said, “This is Grant Stewart. He’s going to be working with us.”

Milloy smiled at Grant and said, “I would have killed for a gig like this when I was your age. Believe it or not, I’m having fun here.”

Grant said, “It looks like a lot of fun. All the guys I’ve met on staff are super nice.”

I said, “Grant, Daniel— I’m going to do a walk through, head back to the office and do a little book work. I’ll help close and we’ll be out of here by shortly after eleven hopefully.”

Grant peeled off and started chatting with a mixed group of teens that included Kelly.

Jo-Jo came up to me and said, “If this is work, I’m all in.”

“It’s a lot more fun than most summer jobs.”

Jo-Jo looked around and said, “Have you got a minute?”

“Sure buddy. What’s up?”

He spoke in my ear, “Tracy Barnes is here and, he’s been hitting on me.”

“I don’t know who that is.”

He said, “He’s only the hottest boy in eighth grade”, and indicated a little cluster of people looking at a boy playing Missile Command. I immediately recognized three of them. Billy and Robbie from earlier in the day were there with my favorite electronics salesman. I assumed Tracy was the boy playing the game. Tracy was definitely taller and more developed than most boys of his age group. He was playing a very decent game of Missile Command.

I asked quietly, “What does he want?”

Jo-Jo said, “He just grabbed his crotch and seemed to want me to follow him to the back.”

I said, “Do you want to?”

Jo-Jo said, “Maybe. He’s really cute but, he can be a dick sometimes.”

“It so happens I know his buddies there. One works at Big-Box Electronics and the other two were here this afternoon. Seems Tracy likes blow jobs but he’s too good to do anything for his little cousins.”

Jo-Jo laughed and said, “He’s getting BJs from those elementary boys?”

“Yep. Marcus caught Billy and Robbie this afternoon and gave them a few minutes in the back. I talked to them and they told me that Tracy was crazy for BJs but he won’t do anything for them. I told them to tell him that if he won’t, just tell him to jerk off.”

Jo-Jo laughed and said, “Good for them. Are you going to do anything about it?”

“We’ll see. This is what we might call a teachable moment. I’m going to talk to them and see if I can get a good read on him. The boys are Billy and Robbie— be cool to them. The guy with them is named Ritchie. Flirt with Tracy but, don’t do anything. You might have a word with Tommy and Adam that Tracy isn’t getting any until he gets an attitude adjustment.”

Jo-Jo grinned and said, “My pleasure.”

 

I approached the little group. Tracy was early in his game. He still had all of his cities and was doing well. His attention was completely focused on the game.

I said, “Hi Ritchie. What’s up?”

He turned and grinned, “Mr. Shepherd. I love what you’ve done with the place. These are my nephews and cousin.”

“I met Billy and Robbie this afternoon. Back for more already?”

“This place is the most fun there is in Lakeview”, Billy opined.

Robbie asked, “Yeah and the people are really nice. Is Marcus still here?”

“He is off for the night but he’ll be back tomorrow. Would you mind if I talked to Ritchie a minute. I’m going to try to hire him.” Ritchie’s eyes widened and Robbie and Billy both nodded their complete approval.

I picked out one of the couches in a quiet area and said, “I’ve had my eye on you Ritchie. We’ve talked a little before and I know you just got an AA degree in electronics. I’m pretty sure I can give you a better deal than Big-Box.”

Ritchie said, “I heard about that little incident this afternoon. Billy has no filter. I very much appreciate the way you handled it. My brother works off shore and I’ve got the boys for weeks at a time and I can’t cover them when I’m working.”

I said, “We’ve had several incidents of kids being victimized here in town lately. I built this place for kids. It is as secure as we can make it. It’s designed to keep them safe and give them a place to socialize and hang out. I wouldn’t start out on day one hassling boys being boys. How candid was he with you about that conversation?”

Ritchie grinned and said, “I’ve caught Billy and Robbie and their friends naked so often, they trust me now and pretty much tell me everything. I know they both offered to ‘suck your wiener’ but you politely declined. At least I know they’ve got good taste in men.”

“You know Tracy has been hounding Billy and Robbie for blow jobs and not doing anything for them?”

Ritchie sighed and said, “Yeah. We’ve had a talk about that. Tracy is a little horn dog. I thought at first be was just being inconsiderate but, I’ve had to turn him down myself about a hundred times. I’m pretty sure he’s been molested and probably has an older boyfriend tucked away somewhere. I don’t know who but, it’s clear that he likes older guys. I’ve seen the way he looks at guys much too old for him. When I’m at work, he’s unsupervised. Billy and Robbie just don’t do it for him.”

I said, “I have a guy that could do the private detective thing and figure it out. I think I may be able to sort Tracy out. What do you think he’ll do when he gets a load of me?”

”Drool and make a sloppy pass.”

I said, “Here’s what I have in mind…”

Ritchie listened to my plan, nodded, laughed and said, “That’s devious but, gentle. I like it. Tim, I’m beginning to like you.”

“Enough to take the job?”

Ritchie said, “If you can do better than minimum and 5% sales commissions I’m all ears.”

“Five percent? Rat bastards. I kept throwing business your way because you were the cutest guy there. I can easily do better than that. I don’t just need another baby sitter. I need someone else who can handle the electronics. That’s worth way more than minimum. How does thirty-two a year, medical, dental and two weeks of vacation suit you?”

Ritchie grinned and said, “Throw in a date and I’m all in.”

“In the interests of full disclosure, I’m seeing someone fairly seriously.”

“The red head?”

I said, “Yeah. His name is Frank and, he would want to go with us.”

Ritchie laughed and said, “How could I refuse?”

 

We rejoined Billy and Robbie watching Tracy playing Missile Command. Tracy was still hanging on with bonus cities. He had made it to the levels where you had to use the area effects of the defensive missiles to create a shield to defeat the standard missiles and then snipe the smart bombs. He did well until the game threw in two bombers on opposite courses and a swarm of smart bombs at him. One slipped through and destroyed his central missile base. Then it was over.

Tracy made the fourth highest score and then sighed. He turned to say something and his eyes met me. He was speechless for a moment but I said, “You did well Tracy. That smart bomb zigged on you badly. I’m Tim. I am the owner and I just hired your Uncle Ritchie as one of our assistant managers.”

While Tracy was busy undressing me with his eyes, Billy and Robbie were cheering and hugging Ritchie, Tracy smiled at me and, I could actually see his shorts twitch. He was a horny kid and, this would be easy.

 

As I moved through the Game Zone, I ran into the guys on night shift and introduced them to Ritchie. Cole, Barry and Jo-Jo were in the front, Toby and Brandon and Kelly were toward the middle. They were themselves and greeted Ritchie cordially and seemed to know Tracy from school. They were also nice to Robbie and Billy because, it’s an arcade and kids are the whole point.

Ritchie said, “All of your workers seem really happy to be here.”

I said, “It’s fun to work here. I’m the foster parent to half of them.”

Ritchie asked, “How did that work?”

I went through the list and didn’t stop until Ray, Walt and Juan.

My new manager was astonished. He asked, “Is this a family business?”

I said, “Family and friends. The other batch stays with me because their parents work out of town or strange hours and, it is much more fun and better for them than being latch key kids.”

I handed all three of Ritchie’s charges a few tokens. They all thanked me and, Robbie and Billy became distracted by the PacMan machine. Tracy followed Ritchie and me back into the Grill.

Aaron and Adam were running the Grill but Adam was missing when we arrived. The sound system for the whole place was located in a closet off the kitchen and Alan was there changing tapes. Aaron said, “Look at this Tim.”

I went into our small but immaculate kitchen and a certificate from the County Health Inspector was hanging on the wall. It was signed at the bottom and Roderick’s signature was underneath it. Aaron said, “The inspector finally showed up late this afternoon. He acted like he and Roderick were old friends. The rest of the paperwork is in the office.”

I said, “He does know Roderick. We spent some quality time with the county inspector getting Aunt Kitty’s Smokehouse certified last year. How are you doing?”

Aaron smiled that angelic smile and said, “Adam and I were worried when you had that wreck but, the doctor told us you were going to be all right. It’s a lot of fun working here. I’ve seen some of my friends from school; speaking of which: Hi Tracy.”

Tracy asked cautiously, “I don’t mean to bring up…”

Aaron said, “I know what you are going to ask. Mom and Dad were both killed in that rampage. Tim took us in on the spot. We couldn’t ask for a better foster Dad.”

I hugged Aaron and said, “I am sorry it happened but, glad to have you and Adam.” Adam came around the corner, saw that hugs were happening, squeaked and came running. I grabbed him into the hug and said, “Adam, I’ve missed you. I think you’ve gotten even cuter.”

The little guy hugged me back furiously and said, “I was so worried about you.” Alan came over and stood by Adam.

I said, “Friday after day shift ends, we’re going to our place in the country called Arrowhead Lodge and spend the night. I need to go to make sure everything is ready for the fourth. I’m going to take the guys who haven’t been yet. Ritchie, you and your crew are welcome to join us.”

Alan said, “Yes!” He knew the place.

Aaron asked dubiously, “Camping?”

“It’s back in the woods but it’s a nice two story house. I just had some work done up there and I want to see it. Some of the construction they did in the park, they did at Arrowhead first to make sure they had it down.”

Adam said, “Aaron’s not fond of camping but this sounds more fun.”

Alan chimed in, “It’s great. We always used to go to stuff there when we still lived in the country. You’ll like it. It’s really nice inside and out.”

I said, “I assure you, it’ll be a whole lot more comfortable than sleeping on the ground. We’ll have a pool, air conditioning and best yet: no mosquitoes inside.”

Ritchie said, “I’m for anything that gets us out of town for a while.

I asked, “Are you and the boys hungry?”

Ritchie said, “They’re boys. They’re always hungry.”

Aaron said, “I’ll warm up some lasagna. Give me about ten minutes.”

 

 

I poked my head in the lounge and no one was there. “This is where you can go to relax for a few minutes. It’s got a locker room, shower and employees only rest room. It was original construction so we left it alone.”

In the office, I found Tony at the security console with Rory. Larry was sitting in a chair watching and Tommy was sitting on Tony’s knee.

Tony said, “Tim. Good to see you. You came to help close?’

“Yeah. We need to practice our procedures. I want you all to meet Ritchie Barnes. He’s going to be one of our assistant managers. You’ve met his nephews and this is Tracy Barnes.”

Tracy said, “Hey Tommy. How did you score this gig?”

Tommy said, “We’re neighbors with Tim and, Larry and I are friends with his boys.”

I saw a surreptitious wink from Ritchie. The hook was set.

Tony said, “We’re all learning the cameras so we can look out for trouble. They came in handy today.”

I said, “We caught a couple of kids selling drugs out there and showed them the proof on camera.”

Ritchie asked, “What happened to them?”

“They were in the worst kind of situation. Their parents basically sold them to the dealer for drugs. We persuaded them to turn the rat bastard in. The judge is going to give them probation and, they’ll be working for us.”

Ritchie asked, “Is that wise?”

“I think so. They weren’t doing it by choice. The dealer controlled whether they had money or food. We gave them a way out and they took it without a second thought. They are in a much better situation now and don’t want to screw it up.”

 

 

We migrated back to the Grill where Adam served up four plates of the lasagna and garlic bread Marie had made and iced tea as Tracy brought Billy and Robbie back to the Grill. The lasagna had no chance.

While the boys were eating, I had a word with Adam, Jo-Jo and Tommy. All three would be happy to give Tracy a romp and, were even happier with the idea of Tracy giving them one.

After giving the boys another round of tokens, Ritchie said he wanted to walk around up front and get a feel for the place. I told them I would be in the office.

Just before I headed to the back Tracy asked, “Mr. Shepherd, could I talk to you?”

I said, “Sure Tracy. I’m going to head back to the office. Give me about ten minutes to do a couple of chores and then come back.”

When I arrived back in the office, I took over the cameras from Rory, handed him some tokens and told him to go have fun. With a hug and a peck on the cheek, Rory went up front and began playing Centipede.

What I did not suspect when I started Game Zone was that the boys working the Arcade would have groupies. As I looked around the cameras, they all had small followings of boys and girls. Even the very shy Kelly had a group that followed him around like puppies and paid rapt attention to everything he did. I suppose I shouldn’t have been too surprised. They were all sweet, good natured kids with charisma and, it did their egos no harm.

One by one Jo-Jo, Tommy, Adam and Alan arrived in the office and hid in the supply closet. Not long after, Tracy came into view on the cameras. I watched his body language but it didn’t tell me much. In a short time, there was a knock on the door and I opened it.

Tracy came in and said, “Thanks for dinner. I think lasagna is my new favorite now.”

I said, “You’re welcome. That’s my housekeeper’s lasagna and she did do a nice job with it. Come on in and have a seat.”

I sat in front of the monitor that had all of the video feeds, paid attention to it. In the glass on the monitor, I could clearly see Tracy rearrange his shorts like any boy with an uncomfortable erection. He came close beside me so he could see and put a hand on my shoulder.

I said, “We keep a close eye on the kids here to make sure nothing bad is happening. I want everybody to have a good time and not have to worry about dirty old men or bullies. We can see anyone that’s coming back here so it’s private and we won’t be disturbed.”

Tracy said, “This is a very cool place. I would really like to work here.”

“Tracy, look at this.” I focused the monitor on Brandon who had a crowd of about six boys and girls at the Donkey Kong machine that had bedeviled me for months to get running right. He was standing behind a kid playing the game coaching and encouraging the boy playing.

Tracey sat on my left knee and watched the display. I said, “I have been thinking about asking you but, I’m not sure you are suited for it.”

Crestfallen, Tracy asked, “Why? What’s wrong?”

“Many, maybe even most of our customers are kids like Robbie and Billy and even younger. I’ve seen you be dismissive and cross with them. Now, I know that they are family and little guys can get on your nerves. You see, to them you’re a big boy and, you’re super cool. They follow you around, copy things you do and can really be annoying. Working here, you are going to have a lot of kids acting just like them. Can you be nice to them like the other workers?”

Tracy, feeling better about his chances for a green shirt, replied, “I think so. These kids will go home after a while. I share a room with Billy and Robbie.”

I chuckled and said, “Fair enough. You share a lot more with them too.”

Tracy blushed and I said, “It’s cool. Billy and Robbie wouldn’t do it if they didn’t enjoy it and, blow jobs are kind of addictive. Everybody with a dick enjoys them. So, why won’t you return the favor?”

He looked puzzled and said, “Well, they’re little. They can’t cum. What would be the point?”

I said, “Who said they can’t. They can have that intense pleasure; they just don’t have juice yet. It’s called a dry orgasm.”

Tracy asked, “Really? I didn’t know that.”

“Most boys don’t unless they discover it by accident or some kind soul shows them. Anyway the point is about being considerate. Their giving you blowjobs is something special for you. You’re lucky in that regard. Most boys have to jerk off. Taking a little time to show you appreciate it won’t hurt a thing. I guarantee you that it will heal some of the friction and rivalry between the three of you.”

He said, “That makes a lot of sense. I’ll give Billy and Robbie a night they won’t forget. So, do I get the job?”

I said, “It’ll cost you a blow job and a hug.”

Tracy smiled, slipped a hand in my shorts and started to kneel in front of my chair. I said, “Whoa there stud. I get the hug.”

Tracy looked confused but laughed as I pulled him into a hug but kept his hand on my cock. He was really hard and, had a wet spot on his shorts.

He asked, “Then who gets the blow job?

Jo-Jo answered, “You do Tracy.”

Tracy jumped in surprise as Jo-Jo, Tommy, Adam and Alan appeared seemingly out of nowhere. They took turns laughing, hugging, fondling and congratulating Tracy.

I said, “Tracy, I thought it would do you some good to meet some boys your age that like to, as Billy says, ‘do it’. Sorry to pull that on you. Consider it your initiation.”

Tracy asked, “You mean you don’t…”

Jo-Jo sighed and said, “Unfortunately, no. We’ve all tried. Tim just won’t do it with kids. He loves us in all sorts of other ways.”

Adam said, “He built this place to protect us from creeps and, give us a safe place to work and hang out.”

Tommy said, “Now. Let’s go down to the employee lounge and welcome you to the Team.”

Tracy started to head for the door but stopped. He turned around, hugged me and kissed me right on the ear. I hugged him back and said, “Have fun in there and don’t come out until you are empty.”

 

I spent the next half hour working on the schedules and noticed that none of the boys had left the employee lounge. Good. I hoped for that group to bond. The four of them would become formidable with time.

I went up front and told Ritchie that our plan had worked. Tracy had some friends his own age and, he would learn how to be considerate or face the wrath of Jo-Jo.

The arcade began to clear out about ten-thirty and the boys in the lounge hadn’t appeared yet. I went in to find the door unlocked; the boys flushed and sprawled all over each other on the couches.

Well, I had to jump into the pile and wrestled with them a bit. There was much laughing and horse play. By the darnedest coincidence, all four of them managed to get a hand in my shorts at least once. After the ruckus subsided, all four were sitting on top of me and I asked, “Did y’all have a good time?”

That started another round and finally I had to say, “As much fun as this is, it’s getting about time to close. Ritchie and the boys are ready to head home. Tracy hugged the boys and finally me. When he did, he whispered, “Thanks. That was awesome.”

I said, “See you tomorrow on the night shift.”

Adam, Alan and Tommy headed off to get their closing list of chores done but Jo-Jo lingered. I asked, “Don’t you have to close?”

He got serious, a rarity for Jo-Jo and said, “I got my list done before we jumped Tracy.” He rummaged in his pocket and pulled out one of the tiny zip locks baggies full of ecstasy and handed it to me. “I found this behind the Galga machine.”

I said, “When we grabbed Walt and Juan this afternoon, whoever bought it from them must have gotten nervous and ditched it.”

Jo-Jo said, “I read an article about this stuff. Back in the seventies, they were experimenting with it to help people that had a hard time opening up and expressing themselves in therapy. Then apparently too many people started having fun with it so they banned it.”

I said, “I’m impressed Jo-Jo.”

He smiled and said, “I think I just might be crazy enough to be a psychiatrist someday. I’m interested in it and read a lot about it.”

“It will take a lot of work but I’m sure you can do it. I’ll bet that’s why Ray, Walt and Juan were so easy to talk to. Many people that have problems like they were having don’t want to talk about it. High on E, getting them to open up was almost too easy.”

Jo-Jo said, “Does not being able to open up and express themselves sound like anybody we know… and I love?”

“Kelly? You think we should give Kelly E?”

“Kelly is very loving but, when we start talking about some things it’s like there’s a circuit breaker that kicks in. Maybe it can help him. Has he talked to you about sixth grade?”

“He said there was a cousin he was fooling around with. The cousin quit but he still wanted to.”

Jo-Jo sighed and said, “Something tells me there’s way more to that story.”

“I don’t know Jo-Jo. This is really something we need a professional to handle.”

Jo-Jo said, “I was just thinking out loud to someone I trust.”

“You think pretty good for an eight grade sex maniac.”

“Oh yeah. I almost forgot.” He got up and hugged me like only Jo-Jo can.

“What was that for?”

“Duh! For hooking me up for a blow job from the boy that has been my jerk off fantasy all year. Eighth grade is going to be a lot more interesting this fall.”

I asked, “He did you?”

“He did all four of us. He really got into it.”

“Good. It won’t hurt you and Kelly?”

Jo-Jo shook his head. “No. Tommy, Adam, Alan and now Tracy are friends with wonderful benefits but, Kelly is a lot more than that.”

 

 

When eleven came, all was well. The kids started leaving after ten and we were done with the closing chores so we all mounted up in the van and a couple other vehicles. Larry and Grant rode with me.

On the way I spotted a kid furiously peddling his bike toward my sub-division. I recognized him as one of our customers.

Larry said, “That’s one of my neighbors.”

I slowed and Larry yelled out the window, “Hey Karl, want a lift?”

The boy was panting and nodded. I pulled over and hefted his ten-speed bike into the back of my truck for him.

Karl was a little guy with braces and wire rimmed glasses. He reminded me of Cousin Oliver from the Brady Bunch. I guessed him to be about Tommy’s age and not particularly athletic. He was breathing hard and said, “Thanks. It didn’t seem quite so far in the day time.”

I said, “You’ve been at the Game Zone since this afternoon?” I remembered seeing him before I’d gone home.

“Game Zone is fun. There’s nobody home and won’t be until later. I’ll be a seventh grader this fall so I can stay by myself. It’s just boring.”

As I passed by Arby’s I stopped in the drive through and asked, “What do you want?”

Karl said, “You’re buying me dinner?”

Grant said, “Tim is cool like that. He’s got stray puppies and kittens all over his house.”

I dropped off Karl at his house with his bike and his dinner. He thanked us and went inside.

Larry asked, “Puppies and kittens?”

Grant said, “Lots of puppies but just one kitten that I know of. It only seems like five sometimes.”

I said, “It sounds like you’ve gotten to know Frank’s cat.”

 

 

Finally, I got to use my boat. After getting some crawfish tails out of the freezer, I took Grant, Brian and Larry out. Brian and Larry knew where the trot lines were laid. We ran all six and rebaited them.

It was well worth the trip as I discovered one of Brian’s interests: astronomy. In the dark clear night over the water, he could point out the constellations and named some of the bright stars. Tomorrow, I was going to show Brian the astronomy part of our library with numerous books and thirty years of Sky &Telescope back issues. My Dad had passed his interest down to me.

Our haul for the night was sixteen catfish, three white perch, two bluegills and a gar. Not knowing what to do with the monstrous looking gar, we just threw him back. Cleaning the fish and filleting them didn’t take much time with skilled hands at work. I put twenty pounds of fish fillets in the freezer and we were upstairs by one in the morning.

All was quiet upstairs, so I put on some shorts and went out back to the hot tub. Larry, Brian and I soaked for about thirty minutes and were ready for bed.

I found Big Ted, Ray and Frank asleep in my bed. I lay beside Frank, moved a pillow close to his head and put my head down beside him.

The last thing I remembered was a certain fur ball that rubbed my face, curled up beside me and lulled me to sleep with content purring.

div class="ipsEmbeddedVideo">
 
Copyright © 2019 jamessavik; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 8
  • Love 4
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..