Jump to content
    JMH
  • Author
  • 975 Words
  • 1,446 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Nanowars: Rebirth - 20. Author's Note:

Many of you have asked how this series connects to the first series "The Centurion Cycle". A few of you also were not at all aware that this prelude was based on the previous Centurion Series. While the lore of the Sole Scion Series is very much based is very much based on the history and lore of the first series it will be a very much different series than the first. While reading the Centurion Series is not required to enjoy the story, reading the entire Cycle will allow you readers to understand the past history of how things led to this present moment.

Those who did know that this prelude was in some way connected to "The Centurion Cycle" have wondered where Jason and Philip will enter the tale (which they will). This second series will not, however, be about their lives and adventures but that of the descendents of Jason's children.

Some of you who have read the Centurion Cycle might have been able to make certain connections between those stories and the present ones but I will go over some of them with you in my Author's Note. As those who read the previous series know Jason had several children. Jack and Puppy happen to be the descendents of the loveable werewolf Jacob. Sven with his Nordic looks is of course the scion of Jason's son Thor. Brutus, who played a very limited role in the Centurion Cycle was the son Jason had with the telepathic hermaphrodite and Dominus secret agent Thomas. For those who know a little about Roman history or Shakespeare is in fact meant to be the same Brutus who established the Roman Republic and later died defending it.

As for Julius Lordon, he was Jason's High Priest Julian. When Jason failed to return to his people Julian sort of went insane and has ever since tried to recreate Centurion society as well as force Jason to return and reclaim his godhood. He felt that by establishing the Roman Empire he had recreated the Domus Empire. When Brutus tried to stop him he, of course was killed. By killing one of the God Emperor's children Julian was at first labeled a traitor by the remaining true followers of Jason but during the centuries which passed without Jason's return many of them have come to agree with Julian that the best way to force Jason to return to them is to threaten his descendents.

While Travis Walker might seem to be a completely new character he is mention one or two times near the end of the last book in the Centurion Cycle. So is Clive who is the son Varrus had with his wife.

As for the Centurions themselves many of you have been able to make the connection between them and the Spartans of Ancient Greece. The Spartan were in fact the inspiration behind those characters. Some have also made the connection between the Legation and the city state of Athens. The evil senator Perils in the Centurion Cycles got his name from the Athens leader Pericles. While the Legatio and Centurions still exist their interbreeding with native human population they found on Earth when their arrived from Ares has changed has affect many of their strengths and weaknesses but they still do exist.

In the next book in the Sole Scion Cycle, the story will start off three years after the Maze and the Ark Avery escaped from struck Earth triggering the worst global disaster to occur since the extinction of the dinosaurs. Earth as we know it will therefore cease to exist and be replaced by a world in a state of dystopia. While the Epilogue ended with Avery's grandchild and the other scions going into hiding on a moon in Neptune the Book I and Book II will focus on Daniel's life starting from childhood three years since the meteor struck Earth up to his final conflict with Travis Walker. It will not be until Book III or IV that the story of the younger Avery will begin to be told.

 

Right now the first book is in the process of going through one last revision. The second book is almost complete and is going through its second revision. An outline of the third book is halfway complete. Book IV, which does deal with the younger Avery, has already completed its second revision but will not go through a final revision until the third book is complete. As to why I am further along with Book IV than Book III is for the following reasons. First, in order to connect the story of Daniel with the story of the younger Avery I needed to have a good idea of the personality and background of the younger Avery so that his character and background story would match up with the earlier books. As a result the first and fourth books are very much tied together and needed to fit each other in just the right way so I would not end up finding myself contradicting myself further into the series. It has also allowed me to work on developing many long term plot lines that will last throughout the series.

If any of you are interested in helping out I am looking for a Beta reader and editor from the first book in the series. If you would like to help out give me a private message and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

I like to thank you all once again for your support and reviews and I hope to hear from all of as the series progresses. Thanks again and take care.

 

JMH

 

Below is the link to the first series: The Centurion Cycle.

 

http://www.gayauthors.org/story/jmh/thecenturioncycle

 

       

Copyright © 2014 JMH; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 5
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..