Jump to content
    joann414
  • Author
  • 1,491 Words
  • 2,615 Views
  • 18 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Just Prompted - 1. Chapter 1

The Hunting Trip

 

“So you decide to tell me this now?” Jack sat on the branch of the huge tree, staring at his best friend, Grey. He digested what Grey had just told him while he watched the two wild hogs rutting the ground below them, willing one of the two men in the tree to fall.

Grey blinked back the tears in his eyes, trying to figure out how to explain himself. “When I came out to you in college, you stood by me, even though I felt you were uncomfortable being around me at times. But, there were other times that I felt like that you hung out with me on weekends, because I was in the closet, and wouldn't date. When I finally did go out, you became distant for days at a time. But, when you told me last week that you were moving out of the house, I just felt like I needed to be honest with you. I know you’ll never feel the same that I do, but, please don’t move out. Ah, shit, I’ve botched up everything I planned on saying.”

Jack watched the tears roll down Grey’s face before replying, measuring his words carefully. “Didn’t you ever wonder in the last five years, since we graduated college, why I spent most of my free time with you? Holidays, I spent with you and your family, or vice versa. We were always together. Do you really think I gave you all my time because I felt that you’re a closet case, and needed a babysitter? I’m in a damned tree with you right now, two wild hogs dreaming about my ass for their dinner, and you think that? Fuck Grey, I don’t even like to hunt, but I put on this funky looking camo crap, just to spend the day with you hunting. It wasn’t because you asked me, but because I was excited that you finally wanted to share the experience with me. It’s the only thing that we’ve never done together. Of all things, when we get out of the jeep, you say, let’s walk a minute because I need to tell you something. Before you can get it out, these two wild animals chase us up this tree, and you tell me you’re in love with me. It’d be funny, if it wasn’t so pathetic.”

Grey sniffed, and shifted his butt on the limb he was sitting on, resting his arms on the same limb that Jack’s arms rested on. “What do you mean pathetic? I know I acted a little needy at times, but I didn’t ever think of myself as pathetic. Sure, I was excited as hell when you asked if I wanted to get a house together after college. It meant I’d get to see you everyday. When you got your job six weeks later, I threw you a congratulatory party, but that was because I was so proud for you. It wasn’t to try and impress you or anything. Pathetic? I don’t understand.” Grey looked embarrassed at the thought of Jack thinking he was pathetic.

“Remember when we went to buy furniture together for the house? We’d both saved for six months and pooled our money for the living room suit, and dining set. Then, we took what we had left over and bought the patio furniture, where we spend most of our time. It was as if we thought we’d live together forever. At least that’s what I thought at the time. But, until now, it seemed like we were just going to be roommates, and I couldn’t handle it any longer.” Jack paused, giving Grey a chance to process his words.

“The first time I saw you, I thought you were the most beautiful teddy bear looking man that I’d ever seen. You towered a good six inches over me, and out weighed me by at least fifty pounds. Beautiful thick brown hair and gold flecked eyes that would shine when you would laugh your loud boisterous laugh. It always made me feel good when I’d make you laugh.” Jack finally stopped, waiting for Grey to respond.

“It’s funny. When I decided that I had to tell you, a hunting trip seemed the perfect idea. I thought getting you alone in the lodge for a couple of nights, have a few beers, and build up enough false courage to tell you how I felt. But, when you walked out of your room, your slight form covered in that camo, I knew I’d made a mistake, but it was too late to back out. Your silky black hair, and ivory skin, looked so out of place in the ugly camo. But, those violent eyes of yours, took my breath, when you smiled and said you were ready to go. Letting you move out of our house was out of the question. I’d go nuts without you bossing me around every morning, telling me that I was going to be late for work, eat my breakfast, don’t forget my backpack.” Grey chuckled, looking over the limb their arms rested on, thinking Jack looked even smaller sitting in the huge tree. He lightly rubbed his finger over the pale fingers clutching the limb beside his, and almost fell from the tree when the smaller hand reached and pulled his head over the branch.

Jack pulled Grey’s mouth to his before he thought, and tasted the sweetest mouth he’d ever tasted or dreamed of tasting. Now he knew what the saying, “what dreams are made of”, meant. It was the feel of Grey’s lips on his. He pushed his tongue against Grey’s mouth, and met no resistance, his whole body catching fire when he felt the wet warmth of the other man’s mouth. Jack leaned back a little, his eyes still closed, and whispered, “I knew we’d fit. I always knew.”

Grey reached and touched the tear that slid down Jack’s face, and brought it to his lips, his tongue reaching out to taste the salty moisture. “I’ve loved you so long.”

“Now, do you understand what I meant by pathetic? We’ve wasted five years, loving each other from afar, living in the same house. I think we need to go back to the lodge and make up for lost time.” Jack winked at Grey.

At the same time, both men remembered why they were in the tree to begin with. Obviously, the hogs had gotten bored, and wandered off into the woods. Checking cautiously around them, they climbed to the ground, and made a mad dash for the jeep.

***

One month later

“Don’t forget your backpack Grey. You’ve got little league practice with the youngsters this evening.” Jack handed the pack to Grey, before getting on his tiptoes to kiss the larger man, wetly on the lips, and was rewarded with a squeeze to his crotch. “No teasing or I won’t make your favorite for dinner tonight.” Jack spoke the words against Grey’s mouth.

“So, steak is for special occasions. What’s the occasion, anyway?” Grey looked at Jack, wondering what Jack had up his sleeve.

“It’s our one month anniversary you big doofus. I thought that we might use those condoms and lube you bought two weeks ago, hoping to score.” Jack patted Grey’s face affectionately, and turned, swaying his little bubble butt as he walked away.

“Hold on, little buddy. Are you sure you’re ready for this. You’ve never been with anyone. I told you I’d give you time.” Grey spoke sincerely, but hopefully.

Grinning, Jack ran his finger lightly over the bulge in Grey’s pants. “Yep, I’m definitely ready. I’ll be here ready and waiting when you get home this evening.” Jack squeezed Grey’s cock, and then turned him around, and pushed him out the door. He heard Grey mutter, right before he closed the door.

“This is going to be the longest day of my life.”

 

Miles away, the wild hog polished the second rifle, before standing it up next to the other gleaming rifle, leaning against the tree, that he and his mate sat under. He sat straight up with his back against the tree trunk, and glanced at his mate. “Do you think those two hunters will come back for the rifles? It’s been a month now, and they haven’t shown yet.”

His mate looked up at him from the pile of brushed she was curled upon. “You know what I think?”

“What’s that?” The male hog covered a yawn with his hoof.

“I think those two no longer hunt. They’ve both found what they’ve been looking for, right in front of them.” The female hog curled a little tighter to get warm, smiling in contentment, thinking of the two young men in the tree.

Curling up next to his mate, the male hog whispered sweetly. “Honey, as always, you’re right. Sweet dreams, my little piggy.”

Copyright © 2014 joann414; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 14
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

What a cute story, Jo Ann! I love the fact that both Grey and Jack were in love with each other for so long but neither man knew it.

 

It's funny how sometimes you can look and look but never see what's right in front of you. ;)

 

Great job, Jo Ann! :2thumbs:

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Good thing they got stuck up in a tree so they could talk :) Cute and sweet story, Jo Ann :thumbup:

“The first time I saw you, I thought you were the most beautiful teddy bear looking man that I’d ever seen" I especially like this sentence :funny:

 

:hug:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 09/05/2013 05:16 AM, Lisa said:
What a cute story, Jo Ann! I love the fact that both Grey and Jack were in love with each other for so long but neither man knew it.

 

It's funny how sometimes you can look and look but never see what's right in front of you. ;)

 

Great job, Jo Ann! :2thumbs:

Thanx Lisa. It's funny how it happens that way sometimes. Thanks for reviewing, and kind words!
  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 09/05/2013 05:22 AM, Slytherin said:
Good thing they got stuck up in a tree so they could talk :) Cute and sweet story, Jo Ann :thumbup:

“The first time I saw you, I thought you were the most beautiful teddy bear looking man that I’d ever seen" I especially like this sentence :funny:

 

:hug:

It's funny you say that. I thought it might be fun for a few authors to write some short stories, with subtle references to members, and see if they catch them. You just did! LOL. Thanks for the review. Now, I need to think of one for the little green one that steals our shiny so much:P Hugs
  • Like 1
Link to comment

I would have jumped his bones years before. LOL. You take a still (picture) frame it and present it well. The sweetness in the story is that in the end they are so happy. Loved the pig scene at the end. Cartoonish much? When he said the word Pathetic, I was like, oh no oh no oh no. Another homophobe. Man, was I so wrong. You have a refreshing way of writing. Bravo. I also like teddies. LOL

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 09/05/2013 05:54 AM, LJH said:
I would have jumped his bones years before. LOL. You take a still (picture) frame it and present it well. The sweetness in the story is that in the end they are so happy. Loved the pig scene at the end. Cartoonish much? When he said the word Pathetic, I was like, oh no oh no oh no. Another homophobe. Man, was I so wrong. You have a refreshing way of writing. Bravo. I also like teddies. LOL
"blushes". Thank you. I love sweet ending, and the pig thing actually happened to the hubby and I while in the woods hunting a Christmas tree years ago.:)
  • Like 1
Link to comment

I found it funny and sweet, but the pig scene at the end was a little over the top. I just can't imagine a pig polishing up a rifle and leaning it against a tree. :huh: P.S. I like bears too!

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Those two were made for each other. The scene up in the tree works beautifully for

talking things out, since they've avoided the obvious for so long and there was no

escape this time. I liked the two hogs' dialog at the end, but not the fact that they

have rifles...now that would be a whole different tale!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 09/05/2013 07:33 AM, Daddydavek said:
I found it funny and sweet, but the pig scene at the end was a little over the top. I just can't imagine a pig polishing up a rifle and leaning it against a tree. :huh: P.S. I like bears too!
A little over the top huh? Probably, but I wanted something to give the guys good vibes. Thanks so much for the review. Hugs
  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 09/05/2013 08:48 AM, Stephen said:
Those two were made for each other. The scene up in the tree works beautifully for

talking things out, since they've avoided the obvious for so long and there was no

escape this time. I liked the two hogs' dialog at the end, but not the fact that they

have rifles...now that would be a whole different tale!

Lol. Pigs with rifles? Surely not. Thanks so much for taking time to review.
  • Like 1
Link to comment

Delightful tale. I loved the end scene with the wild boar. It's like they just knew something more. But, I'm a romantic and like that imaginary.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

a cute story about the two guys..I hate these stories from prompts b/c you tend to get stories about characters you'd have liked to hear a longer story about. I'd have loved to have been along from earlier in their journey...

but then you turn it funny at the end with the pigs. It was 'out there' as you said, but it fit somehow. It really made me laugh. thanks~

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 09/05/2013 01:51 PM, Cole Matthews said:
Delightful tale. I loved the end scene with the wild boar. It's like they just knew something more. But, I'm a romantic and like that imaginary.
Thanx Cole. Glad you enjoyed it.
  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 09/05/2013 05:49 PM, Cannd said:
a cute story about the two guys..I hate these stories from prompts b/c you tend to get stories about characters you'd have liked to hear a longer story about. I'd have loved to have been along from earlier in their journey...

but then you turn it funny at the end with the pigs. It was 'out there' as you said, but it fit somehow. It really made me laugh. thanks~

Glad I could make you laugh. Yeah, you're right. The prompts cn be a little frustrating at times, leaving a lot to the reader's imagination. Guess that's why they are called prompts. Thanks for taking time t read and review Cannd.
  • Like 1
Link to comment

I know this story is romantic and pretty great. I was daunted at how fast it went, how quickly things happened. I didn't like the way I learned everything in the second paragraph. I know it's just me but I was hope to discover the tale, a piece of detail at a time. That said, I love the plot. The characters are likable, apart from the hogs. I don't like them:P

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 09/06/2013 08:38 AM, Uziel said:
I know this story is romantic and pretty great. I was daunted at how fast it went, how quickly things happened. I didn't like the way I learned everything in the second paragraph. I know it's just me but I was hope to discover the tale, a piece of detail at a time. That said, I love the plot. The characters are likable, apart from the hogs. I don't like them:P
That's why they are called prompts:P but, that being said, I've thought of continuing them as a story. I know a couple people here doing that. Thanks for the review, and hopefully, you will check out one of my stories I'm writing now. They move a little slower. Again, thanx for taking time to read and review.:)
  • Like 1
Link to comment

I was surely wanted to know more about these two guys, Grey and Jack. I liked their conversation on the branch, admitting their buried feelings after waiting so long. They both seemed quite adorable to me in that scene.And the end, that was quite unique. I really liked it and the whole story but I wish there would be more but despite its short length it was a great read. Thanks for sharing, Jo Ann.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..