Jump to content
    JulieLHayes
  • Author
  • 993 Words
  • 3,085 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction that combine worlds created by the original content owner with names, places, characters, events, and incidents that are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously, and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, organizations, companies, events or locales are entirely coincidental.
Authors are responsible for properly crediting Original Content creator for their creative works.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Recognized characters, events, incidents belong to J.K. Rowling, Warner Bro / Discovery, WB Games and subsidiaries. <br>   <br>

More Nocturnal Emissions - 9. An Unexpected Turn of Events

Severus is following Remus and Sirius and sees something completely unexpected. Will he do something about it or will he rejoice in this turn of events?

Severus Snape is more perceptive than he’s generally credited with being, and it doesn't take long for him to realize that two of the people he hates most in the world are actually a couple, in the very romantic sense of the word. Not that he personally gives a damn, he’s not prejudiced in that fashion, but he knows that far too many people in both the wizarding and muggle worlds do care, especially those that populate the Black family, and this is information which he can very well put to good use. Therefore as he is also in Hogsmeade on this fine day—basically due to having been coerced into going by the silver tongue of one Lucius Malfoy, who then proceeded to abandon him in the pursuit of one Narcissa Black—he finds himself following the duo, at a discreet distance, plotting his revenge upon them for both imagined and real slights which they’ve either singly or collectively perpetrated upon him.

For the most part, he finds their day is relatively dull—although still fuller than his own, obviously, as he’s merely their stalker, with no real life of his own. He notices they seem to make an effort to walk as closely together as possible without actually touching. Disappointing, as this gives him no direct evidence of their relationship. But he’s confident they’ll slip, given enough time, and then he’ll be able to bare them to the world for what they truly are—and laugh while doing it.

He notices that poncey James Potter is in the company of she who must not be named—for to say her name still gives Severus only pain. Once they were friends, now she won't even give him the time of day. And to see her with one he despises only makes the bile rise in his throat. So he skirts their presence, although he’s curious just to know how close they really are, and wonders what such an otherwise intelligent girl sees in such an asshole.

Thoughts such as these are distracting him from his main objective, however, as he turns his attention back to the gruesome twosome. To his surprise he sees he’s not the only one keeping an eye upon them. A man is watching them. A man who, from a distance, could be mistaken for Lupin if Snape didn't already know better. This is curious. Severus begins to watch even more closely. The man maintains a cautious distance between them, as they head back up the street, perhaps toward Madame Puddifoot's. No, they've missed that turn-off. Hogs Head then.

As he watches, another man seems to run into the couple, apologizing with a great flourish as he sweeps his hat from his head in some sort of cavalier fashion. Then Severus' vision is obscured by a blinding flash and a cloud of bright red smoke. What the hell? By the time the smoke clears, the interloper is gone—and so is Remus Lupin! And when Severus glances toward the doppelganger, he’s moving in Black's direction. Curiouser and curiouser!

 

Sirius is taken by surprise when he and Remus are so rudely run into by the stranger, even though he apologizes extravagantly immediately afterward, bowing and scraping, almost servile in his attempts to ingratiate himself to them. Sirius finds that rather annoying, and curtly nods to him, indicating to Remus they should simply move on as quickly as possible, when he’s thrown for another loop by a sudden flash of light, followed by some sort of red cloud. And when the cloud dissipates, he discovers, to his alarm, that he cannot see Remus.

"Remus?" he calls out, uncertainly, but there is no response, and his eyes grow wide with fright. "Remus? Where are you?"

"He is not here," a voice behind him replies, and Sirius pivots quickly about to find himself confronted by the smirking visage of the man he remembers as Gabriel. "So, we meet again, do we, Orion?" The older man moves toward the boy, his fingers snaking out to him, taking his chin in them. "I told you we would, did I not? You should have given me what I wanted before, it would be over now and you'd have your precious Remus. But no, you were foolish, and now you'll pay the price. Or rather, he will...." His eyes gleam cruelly, similar to Remus' only in color, certainly not in what they reveal about his inner self.

"Where's Remus, what have you done with him?" Sirius flinches at Gabriel's touch, strikes his hand away angrily.

"You wouldn't play with me, Orion. Or is it Sirius now?" Gabriel watches closely as Sirius' eyes betray that he’s hit home. "I know who you really are now, little boy, you cannot hide from me. Now I’m going to go and have fun with Remus. Care to join us?"

Sirius throws himself at the other, not thinking, simply reacting. "No!" he screams, "you leave him alone. Take me instead, do what you want to me, but don't touch him!"

Gabriel laughs, holding the struggling boy away from him handily. "You had your chance, but you chose to leave me, didn't you? I only wanted to show you a good time, Orion, it's a shame you wouldn't cooperate." He reaches down and presses his lips tightly against Sirius', revealing the hunger he still has for the boy. "I'll give you one last chance to save him," he says harshly. "You know where to find me." And he apparates away before Sirius can respond.

Sirius stands there for a few moments, unable to move, unable to think, as if he cannot comprehend what has happened, wishing that the earth could simply open up and swallow him then and there—until the voice of an expected deus ex machina rasps into his ear. "Don't just stand there, if you want to get him back, we have to move, and move quickly...."

© 1997-2022 J.K. Rowling, Bloomsbury Publishing, Scholastic Press; All Rights Reserved; Copyright © 2017 JulieLHayes; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction that combine worlds created by the original content owner with names, places, characters, events, and incidents that are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously, and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, organizations, companies, events or locales are entirely coincidental.
Authors are responsible for properly crediting Original Content creator for their creative works.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Recognized characters, events, incidents belong to J.K. Rowling, Warner Bro / Discovery, WB Games and subsidiaries. <br>   <br>
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..