Jump to content
    Krista
  • Author
  • 5,394 Words
  • 5,398 Views
  • 1 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Are You Christian - 5. Chapter 5

I knew when I woke up Monday morning that the day was going to be bad. It slightly scared me to know what most of the people that I hung out with were the same people that were with me Sunday at church. Especially Jonathon who heard all of what my mom and dad told his father. I didn’t know if I wanted to be good friends with them anymore. Not after what I learned. I didn’t want to have to be tied down to their beliefs. I knew that they weren’t all that holy and that they were normal teenagers to an extent. I just didn’t know how far out of the holy loop they were.

“Honey are you up?” Mom asked after stepping into the room. She was dressed already and I sighed and sat up in my bed.

“Yeah.” I answered stretching she smiled at me before she left the room. I heard her talking to Stacey when I stood up. I was going to try and get to the shower first, but I heard Stacey start rushing around and when I grabbed my clothes I opened my door to see her disappearing behind the bathroom door. “Stacey!”

“Better luck next time, loser.” She responded loudly through the door then I walked back into my room. We definitely needed our own bathrooms. She took forever in there as well and by the time she got out I only had a few minutes to get ready so that I wouldn’t be late for school.

“What the hell took you so long?” I asked as she walked down the hall.

“I had to straighten my hair.” She answered and I studied her.

“You can do that shit in your room!” I groaned walking into the bathroom. I shut the door behind me and I could tell that she used a lot of products and I grimaced seeing them all in the bathroom. In Baltimore we had our own bathrooms. Not here though. Nothing was easy here.

“You need to hurry Christian.” Mom warned knocking on my door. “Don’t want to be late.”

“Mom I just got in here.” I sighed stepping into the shower. I started washing myself immediately and after I washed my hair I stepped out of the shower and brushed my teeth naked then dried off and got dressed.

“Christian?” Mom asked a little impatiently.

“God!” I hissed slamming the cabinet that held the towels and wash cloths. “I don’t care if we’re late.”

“You’ll get in trouble Christian.” She responded and I opened the door quickly. She took a step back and she looked me over. “You look cute honey.”

“Whatever.” I stammered stepping past her to enter my room and grab my bag. We didn’t end up late for school though and that satisfied my mom. When she dropped us off she only had a few minutes to get to work. We probably should have ridden the bus, but she insisted that she’d drive. So we let her.

“I’m so nervous about today.” Stacey whispered as we walked towards the school. We both were walking slowly.

“I am too.” I revealed glancing at her. “Do you think we’ll get picked on?”

“Maybe, especially you.” Stacey responded and my eyes widened.

“Thanks for the comforting words Stacey.” I groaned causing her to smile uneasily.

 

“If anyone gives you trouble call my cell and I’ll come to you.” Stacey said then I took out my cell. We did have a little signal here and I put it on vibrate instead of ring. “Ok?”

“Yeah.” I answered slightly embarrassed that I had to call my sister if someone picked on me. I could probably handle my own, but I would at least want someone else there. We probably didn’t have many friends since Sunday morning.

“I just hope Adam still wants to talk to me.” Stacey said then she checked herself in her small mirror she always carried around in her purse. When we finally did enter the school building we walked into the lunchroom hesitantly.

“Want to sit with me?” I asked looking over at her. No one had noticed us enter yet since it was only a minute or two before dismissal.

“Do you want me to sit with you?” Stacey asked and I wanted to say yes, but I knew she was looking around for Adam.

“Well no, I’ll just go find Jonathon to see if he still wants to me seen with me or not.” I answered offering her a smile.

“Yeah I wanted to do that with Adam too.” Stacey said then we split up to go look for the tables they were sitting at. I found Jonathon sitting with Matt, Kate, Gavin, and Lacey in the same table they usually sat at and when I looked back I found Stacey just sitting down beside Adam.

“Hey,” Lacey greeted being the first one to see me.

“Hi,” I greeted sitting down at the table.

“How has your morning been?” She asked scooting closer to me.

“Uhh, Stacey took forever in the shower this morning so that was shitty.” I responded and she laughed at me.

“Are you ever going to stop cussing around me?” Jonathon asked slightly amused.

“No.” I shrugged turning to look at him. “Does it bother you?”

“Not really.” He answered then looked across the table at Matt and Kate.

“Do you not want me sitting here?” I asked looking around the table.

“Well yeah we do.” Lacey answered patting my hand. “We’re just a little confused as to why your family didn’t sign the papers.”

“Stop Lacey.” Kate ordered rolling her eyes. “Our family didn’t sign them either.”

“Well that’s because your cousin is a fag.” Gavin responded frowning slightly.

“He’s not gay Gavin.” Kate countered rolling her eyes. “It’s just stupid, church isn’t supposed to be connected to government.”

“Yeah, your father is a politician.” Gavin said then he turned to me. “So why didn’t you sign the papers?”

“My family?” I asked trying to stall time. It was only a minute before the bell rang.

“Yeah,” He answered expectantly.

“Well you know Mom and Dad are both open to differences.” I answered vaguely.

“Yeah, Christian’s mom said that she wouldn’t sign it because it’d be disallowing a person rights.” Jonathon added when I fell silent. “She is a psychologist.”

“Well you and your sister still could have signed it.” Matt countered looking over at me.

“Well I agree with Mom and Dad though.” I stammered as strongly as I could. “We’ve always been raised to give people the right to choose.”

“It’s still nasty.” Matt responded and I shifted in my seat. “Right?”

“Right.” Gavin answered strongly. “Unless it’s two girls.”

“Eew.” Lacey grimaced. The bell rang then and I was thankful for it. People were looking at me and I knew it now. I looked for Stacey, but I couldn’t see her now that everyone else was moving. I looked at Jonathon then to see how he may have been feeling about the morning conversation, but I couldn’t read him at all. I wasn’t good at doing that anyway.

“Ready for class?” He asked after he noticed me looking at him.

“Not really, but it is school.” I answered and he smirked. Then with Matt walking with us we went to English. We were supposed to be following along as a tape read “To Kill a Mocking Bird,” to us.

“Don’t worry about Matt or Gavin or anyone.” Jonathon whispered from behind me.

“I’m not.” I answered glancing back at him. He was sitting behind me today and Matt was across from me. I looked over to find Matt looking over at me.

“It’s really ok that your family thinks that way.” Matt offered after a short silence. “A lot of people probably think that way here.”

“Alright.” I said then turned to start listening to the story. I was normally a good student, but I hadn’t shown that here yet. I wasn’t even for sure of what classes I had yet. They didn’t give us schedules to follow just a guide.

“Gloria’s family didn’t sign the papers either we visited them after we stopped in on you.” Jonathon whispered and I looked back at him completely then. “They said the same thing your mom did.”

“Really?” I asked and he nodded. Mom would like to know that bit of information. Maybe her opinion of Gloria would change then.

“So are you going to be at the hockey field today?” Jonathon asked curiously.

“I don’t think so.” I answered and he frowned.

“Shut down again.” He sighed and I turned around trying not to think about how disappointed he looked in me again. He was the pastor’s son I had to stop thinking about things. I didn’t want to think he was cute and I didn’t want to think that he’s not just some retarded jock. That he really had some personality. A personality that I was starting to really like. I did pay attention to the book after that as did he. We would be having a test over this book, but it really was difficult to get into since I missed pretty much the whole first chapter listening to Jonathon and Matt. When class ended we closed the books and left. I found out that Government was next and realized quickly that the teacher was Republican. He also told dumb jokes, but he was strict and every time Jonathon tried talking to me he got yelled at and threatened to be sent to detention. I remembered seeing that guy at church last Sunday and he was an old boring guy that wore a full stuffy suit, but with sneakers and I grimaced at the sight. It also took forever for the class to end, but when it did I started getting nervous. Lunch was starting next and I didn’t want to have another conversation like the one I had this morning.

“Well we have to go check in.” I said then Matt and I walked into our next class leaving Jonathon. It didn’t take long she just checked out names off the attendance sheet and we were excused for lunch. When we walked outside we found Jonathon still standing there.

“Well you about got into trouble.” Matt said lightly as we exited the class.

“It’s all because my dog pooped on his lawn and he ran over it with his lawn mower.” Jonathon hissed annoyed by the whole thing.

“Well I would be pissed at you too.” I responded and he looked over at me.

“Alright but I thought it was funny to watch anyway.” Jonathon stated causing Matt to laugh. We got our trays and I remembered to pay back Matt for buying my lunch last week and I paid the lunch woman who looked annoyed with me.

“Shouldn’t you be with your class Jonathon?’ Matt asked curiously. “Why didn’t you check in?”

“He said to just go to lunch from now on.” Jonathon shrugged then we sat down.

“Wasn’t our teacher a woman last week?” I asked remembering that all of my teachers were women last week.

“Oh Mr. Prestmoore always is on vacation at the first of the year.” Matt answered rolling his eyes. “The old man can’t ever remember when school starts.”

“Hey guys.” Kate greeted then she sat down beside Matt and kissed him on the cheek.

“Hey.” Matt greeted then Lacey sat down beside me then Gavin sat between the two girls. Right across from me.

“Prepare for a pop quiz in your math class.” Lacey announced, “You all have Miss. Hoppes right?”

“Yeah.” Matt answered, “Thanks Lacey.”

“Anytime.” She responded then turned to me. “Are you good in Math Christian?”

“I’m alright I guess.” I answered uneasily.

“Well if you ever need a tutor I could help you out.” She offered scooting closer to me.

“Yeah, who would have thought a dumb blonde like her would be a math genius.” Jonathon stated loudly then leaned forward to look at her.

“Shut up Jon.” She hissed then I saw her eyes narrow. “You had your chance and your daddy blew it for you.”

“I didn’t ever like you Lacey.” Jonathon countered strongly. “You just kept throwing yourself at me.”

“Guys.” Gavin interrupted, “Take your lover’s fight somewhere else so we can eat in peace.”

“It’s over anyway, I’m over you Jon.” Lacey added then rolled her eyes. I didn’t understand why those two felt the need to annoy one another, but at least it kept them both distracted from me.

“Why don’t you have a girlfriend Gavin?” I asked curiously and he looked at me.

“I do have a girlfriend.” Gavin responded smiling. “She’s just in a different county.”

“Oh.” I stammered blushing slightly. “What’s her name?”

“Natalie.” Gavin responded then he grabbed his bag and then took out a picture of her. Long dark brown hair and dark brown eyes. She was tanned and thin. “You’ll see her if you tag along this weekend.”

“What are we doing this weekend?” Jonathon asked curiously.

“We’re going to the pool.” Gavin responded and I smiled at how excited Jonathon got by it.

“The water park pool?” Jonathon asked quickly.

“Yeah.” Gavin answered then Jonathon looked around the table at everyone.

“Do you guys not want me to go?” Jonathon asked curiously. Everyone fell silent for a minute or two and he looked hurt by it. “Fine.”

“Well if you’d learn to keep your dad at home…”

“No, it’s ok.” Jonathon stammered glaring at everyone. “I can’t really help that my dad has to go with me everywhere on weekends.”

“Well maybe you could sneak away.” I suggested and I heard Lacey laugh slightly.

“Sneak away?” Jonathon asked then sighed. “I don’t like to lie.”

“Well just tell him he can’t come.” I answered shrugging. “I always tell mom and dad that when they ask.”

“Well that’s different; your parents aren’t as weird as my dad.” Jonathon countered shaking his head. “But I won’t go; it’s fine all of you have fun.”

“Now come on.” Matt pushed, “Tell him to stay home.”

“I can’t.” Jonathon hissed standing up. “I’m going to go sit with Ron and everyone else.”

“Who’s Ron?” I asked as soon as he left.

“He’s talking about the football team.” Kate explained, “He always does that when he gets mad at us for not wanting him to come with.”

“Well why can’t you just overlook his dad?” I asked and she smiled at me.

“Do you know how awkward it is to be in a two piece bikini with a preacher playing lifeguard?” Kate asked and I understood her point then. I wouldn’t feel comfortable just being in swimming shorts either.

“Well maybe I can talk him into lying.” I offered and everyone looked at me like I was an idiot.

“Well can we count you in regardless?” Matt asked curiously. “You have a week to think about it.”

“Well I’ll think about it.” I shrugged noticing that all of the tension really was gone from this morning. I did lie to them though partly anyway. The reason no one’s name was on the petition was because there was a fag in the family. Lunch ended shortly after that and I wondered just how good Stacey was doing now. Adam didn’t look like the type to break up with Stacey. I didn’t really know if they were together not officially, but I know she’d be disappointed if he did. I didn’t know if I wanted to be out with Jonathon’s friends. Especially if he wasn’t going to be there. Again Kate took up most of Matt’s attention in the rest of the classes that we had, but I liked that after this morning. I wasn’t sure if I wanted to get too close to Gavin or Matt. When the last class was over I stood up and looked back to see Kate and Matt getting ready to leave.

“See you later Christian.” Kate waved offering me a short smile. She kissed Matt on the cheek then walked past me.

“Bye man.” Matt offered and I nodded then turned and walked out of the room. I wasn’t really paying attention to anything I was looking for Stacey. I normally saw her walking out of the school, but this time I didn’t.

“Hey Christian wait up!” I heard Jonathon yell from behind me. I did wait, but I knew the buses wouldn’t be waiting for too much longer.

“I can’t or I’ll miss the bus.” I said when he caught up to me.

“Why don’t you come play hockey with us?” Jonathon asked, he put his arm around me and that unnerved me completely. No one seemed to care though.

“I already told you that I wasn’t into sports.” I answered still looking around for Stacey.

“Who are you looking for?” Jonahton asked curiously.

“Stacey.” I responded and he took his arm off of me.

“Well Stacey told me that Adam was taking her to hang out.” Jonathon said as we walked out of the school. “She told me to not let you go home.”

“Why?” I asked crossing my arms. What in the hell did Stacey have planned?

“Because she said that you needed a life.” Jonathon answered laughing slightly. “And I have to agree with her.”

“Yeah ok, I have a life.” I sighed walking quicker to catch my bus. He followed me to my bus. “And I like it.”

“Are you kidding?” Jonathon asked impatiently. “You can’t be happy with staying at home all the time.”

“Yes I can.” I responded quickly. “Why the hell couldn’t I?”

“Well this is a boring place.” Jonathon explained and I knew this place was boring. He didn’t have to tell me. “And with out friends here it’s pretty lonely.”

“Really?” I asked as the bus door closed with me standing on the outside. “Shit.”

“Yeah.” Jonathon sighed looking at me.

“How would you know?” I asked turning to walk with him. He smiled at me.

“It isn’t exactly easy being a preacher’s kid.” Jonathon answered and I didn’t even want to think about being one of those.

“So why doesn’t your dad let you go with your friends?” I asked curiously. I was being led down the sidewalk. I hadn’t ever taken the time to look around this town and I didn’t know exactly where the park was that they played in everyday after school. I thought it was stupid doing the same thing every day after school, but there wasn’t much else to do here.

“Dad doesn’t want me being friends with the wrong kinds of people.” Jonathon mocked shaking his head.

“Does he think your friends are bad?” I asked remembering the Sunday school class. None of them seemed that innocent and I wondered if Jonathon’s father knew about all of their secrets.

“No he doesn’t really know them, but he wants to make sure I don’t meet people while I’m out.” Jonathon responded shrugging.

“So you don’t lie to him?” I asked and he smiled at me.

“I do lie to him, but not when I know I can get caught.” Jonathon answered then we entered a large park. It had a playground, four tennis courts, a basketball court, and three baseball fields. Nothing much else. No one else was there and that made me nervous.

“Where is everyone?” I asked and he looked around.

“Oh they’re on the other side of the park it’s across the river.” Jonathon explained then pointed, “Down that trail.”

“Well let’s go then.” I stammered quickly then started walking towards the trail he pointed to. I didn’t want to be alone with Jonathon anymore now that we were the only ones around. It was definitely private here and no one probably came to the park on weekdays other than Jonathon and his friends.

“Wait a second.” Jonathon stopped me. He grabbed my shoulder and turned me around. “They won’t miss us.”

“I thought we were going to play roller hockey?” I asked quickly. This was probably nothing, but now I was looking into things that I wanted to see. I didn’t know how Jonathon was so how would I know if this was something he always done. I didn’t need to be rescued from myself and Stacey was going to hear it when I got back home.

“We are.” Jonathon answered smiling awkwardly. “I’m glad your family didn’t sign the papers.”

“What?” I asked surprised.

“Yeah, I’m glad none of you did or Gloria’s family and Kate’s mom and dad.” Jonathon answered then he sat down on some bleachers with me standing in front of him. I didn’t believe he’d say anything like this. Not being the preacher’s son.

“Why?” I asked and he smiled then looked past me. I didn’t think he was going to answer me at all.

“Because uhh well, let’s go play hockey.” Jonathon answered then stood quickly. “We have to find you some skates that will fit you anyway.”

“Wait, you’re not going to answer me?” I asked and he only gave me that same awkward smile crossed his face.

“I might tell you later.” Jonathon answered as I caught up to him. I didn’t really know what he wanted to tell me, but I have a hard time accepting it when people keep things from me. I wasn’t stupid either. He didn’t tell me because he didn’t trust me, but it was something he couldn’t tell anyone from around here either. He knew that I’d probably be alright with what he had to tell me and they would not.

“Jonathon.” I mumbled just before we got to the bridge. We could now hear everyone else playing hockey.

“What?” Jonathon asked stopped to look at me.

“You know I wouldn’t tell anyone if you told me right?” I asked, I wanted him to know that he could trust me with things. Even if I barely knew him he was the closest thing I had to a friend other than Stacey. She didn’t count though, she was my sister.

“Ok, I’ll keep that in mind.” Jonathon offered then jogged across the bridge. “Come on!” I didn’t run after him. I didn’t really like to run and he frustrated me. I wasn’t nosey and I wouldn’t push him to tell me. Part of me already thought I had it figured out. I waved that off as wishful thinking though. When I got there I saw that Lacey, Gavin, and Matt were already padded up and they had roller blades on. Jonathon was sitting down and was digging through his back pack for his pads. No one had helmets on though. I walked up to where Kate was sitting and I sat down beside her. She was working on her homework when I noticed her.

“Hey Christian.” She greeted glancing up at me from her book. “How was your math quiz?”

“It was ok.” I shrugged thinking back on it. It was just a review to see how good we were in math. It wasn’t something that I could fail.

“Aren’t you going to play?” She asked looking me over. “You don’t have all day to decide.”

“I know.” I responded looking out at everyone. “I can’t skate.”

“I can, but I can’t hit anything with a stick.” Kate said laughing slightly. “But neither can Lacey and she plays.”

“What kind of politician is your dad?” I asked curiously. I didn’t want to ask her at lunch.

“Oh, he’s running for Mayor.” Kate answered smiling. “He’s not really a politician.”

“Are you coming?” Jonathon asked he was holding up a pair of skates and some pads for me when I looked at him.

“Can’t I just watch?” I asked and he looked frustrated.

“Come on, stop being a sissy.” Gavin groaned causing me to glare at him. It was hot out and bright and I didn’t know how to skate. There were a lot of reasons why I didn’t want to be part of any of this.

“It’s not that difficult to do Christian.” Lacey offered smiling at me. “I could give you some pointers.”

“Lacey you couldn’t hit a beach ball.” Kate joked rolling her eyes.

“Alright, I’m coming.” I sighed feeling out numbered. The skates were a little snug and the pads were too big when I got everything on. I didn’t even attempt standing and I looked around pretending to stretch.

“Well come on.” Matt urged, he was holding a bright orange ball in his hand and he was tossing it up and catching it. I was holding up their game.

“I don’t think I can get up.” I mumbled embarrassed. I didn’t want to try and make a fool out of myself.

“Well here I’ll help.” Jonathon responded laughing at me. I offered him my hand, but when he took it and tried to pull me up I couldn’t keep my wheels off the ground so I kept rolling.

“You’re almost hopeless.” Matt stated lightly. He put down his ball and hockey stick and took hold of my other hand and when they pulled me up they both tripped and fell behind me. It caused everyone to laugh, but at least they could help themselves up.

“Alright now you just want to glide your feet.” Lacey explained, “Not too far or you’ll do the splits.”

“Yeah, that’d be bad.” I grimaced thinking about it. I knew I’d end up in the hospital before this whole thing was over.

“It’s just like walking.” Gavin started I looked around and found that they were all watching me. They were waiting for me to fall.

“Alright, looks like you got the hang of things.” Jonathon said rolling up beside me. “Here’s your stick.”

“Ok.” I offered taking it from him. “You’re on Lacey and my team.”

“Wouldn’t that mean Matt and Gavin were out numbered?” I asked curiously.

“No, you and Lacey pretty much equal one person.” Jonathon answered and I wanted to take offense to that, but I knew it probably was true.

“Matt’s the goalie and Gavin is the person you have to guard.” Lacey explained as we officially got ready to start the game.

“Well how do you guys play this with out me?” I asked curiously. If Lacey was so bad it wouldn’t exactly be fair.

“Oh we take turns picking Lacey for our team.” Gavin answered causing Lacey to shoot him a look.

“I don’t suck.” She groaned pushing him with her hand causing him to fall.

“Come on guys.” Matt huffed shaking his head. “Dinner starts for me in about an hour so we have to try and play a little.”

“Fine, Gavin face off with Christian.” Lacey ordered then she got in behind me. “You have a hot butt Christian.”

“What?” I asked reaching back to cover myself suddenly feeling exposed. When that happened Gavin took control of the ball and by the time I got turned around he was already taking a shot at Jonathon and it went in.

“Lacey!” Jonathon groaned, “You’re supposed to be my defense.”

“I’m not getting in front of him.” Lacey countered then turned to look at me. “My turn to face off against Gavin.”

“Good.” I responded then slowly went to where Lacey was standing. When I got there she turned to look at me. She was bent over slightly and before she turned back around she winked at me. That reminded me that I needed to end that little thing with her as soon as possible.

“Lacey can you be more of a slut?” Kate asked causing everyone to stop and look at her.

“What?” Lacey asked innocently.

“I saw you practically shove your butt into his face Lacey.” Kate answered and Lacey turned to look at me. I was blushing now and she thought it was because I liked seeing her do that in front of me.

“So?” Lacey offered then turned and tried taking the ball away from Gavin, but didn’t do a good job at it. When I tried to move to get in front of Gavin my left foot rolled out from under me and I went flying backwards falling on my ass. Gavin scored because Jonathon was laughing too hard to concentrate.

“No you and Lacey don’t even equal one.” Matt joked as Gavin and Jonathon struggled to help me to my feet. All of this taunting only made me want to learn how to skate more, but I was definitely finished for today.

“Yeah, I’m calling it a night.” I huffed trying not to laugh at myself.

“We might as well.” Matt responded as we all started towards the bleachers.

“Come on guys a few more tries.” Jonathon whined only coming to join us on the bleachers when we started taking off our skates. After everyone was finished and packed away we all stood and started walking to the bridge to leave the park. No one was really talking and I thought that I could get used to this pretty easily as long as I kept being the person they thought I was. Instead of the person that I wanted to be anyway.

“Well Lacey you wanted me to walk you home.” Gavin said then took hold of her hand. “See you guys later.”

“Yeah, see you all at school.” Lacey added as they walked off. They turned towards the school and everyone else went the other way.

“Kate and Matt took off walking by themselves too and it left Jonathon and I alone again. I could see now how it could be lonely for him. Kate and Matt were together so they wanted some alone time when they were walking back to where there houses were. Lacey and Gavin lived on the other side of town so it’d just be Jonathon walking alone.

“So did you have fun today?” Jonathon asked, I then handed him my skates that I was carrying. They were his old ones anyway.

“I guess.” I answered smiling. “Probably would have been better if I didn’t break my ass bone.”

“Does it hurt?” Jonathon asked then he stopped walking. I stopped then and turned around to find him looking my ass over.

“No I was kidding.” I answered, “If you wanted to check out my ass you could have asked.”

“I was just seeing if it was swollen.” Jonathon countered laughing slightly. “That was funnier than Lacey running into that light pole by far.”

“Well I aim to please.” I responded sighing. All of these mixed signals were starting to bother me. I found that I was flirting with him a lot and I was scared that he noticed, but he didn’t seem to mind either.

“Hey, tomorrow we can’t play hockey since the real roller hockey people start their practices so what do you wanna do after school?” Jonathon asked as we stopped walking again.

“What makes you think that this was more than a one time thing?” I asked ignoring his question.

“Well you said you had fun, now come on the company wasn’t that bad.” Jonathon answered, “So stop pretending that you’re not enjoying it.”

 

“Fine.” I huffed, “I don’t know?”

“Well I can always come over it’s better than being at home.” Jonathon suggested and I looked at him.

“Sure, come over, but try not to speak around my mom.” I warned in advance.

“Why?” He asked curiously and slightly offended as well.

“Oh she’d just analyze you like she does everyone else.” I answered and he laughed slightly.

“Then she’d find out that I’m probably pretty messed up.” Jonathon responded and I glanced up at him. He sounded serious when he said it and slightly annoyed by it.

“You’re not messed up.” I offered trying not to sound too worried about the way his emotions had changed.

“I was kidding Christian.” Jonathon said then his smile returned. We were also at my driveway now and I only knew that because he stopped walking. “Well see you tomorrow, good night.”

“Yeah, goodnight.” I offered then he turned and started walking in the direction of his house. Things were starting to get confusing and I just had to start figuring things out before they got messy.

Copyright © 2011 Krista; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 15
  • Love 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..