Jump to content
    krydon
  • Author
  • 90 Words
  • 729 Views
  • 7 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

2021 - Fall - A Winding Path Entry

A Winding Road - 1. The Winding Road

We walked along a winding path

Amongst the hews of blue and greens

The light dancing with the shadows

Gaily swaying to the music of woods

 

We shared our love and peace together

Our hearts laughed with unbound joy

Hand in hand we walked

In our secret world of just us two

 

These where the days of our pure joy

When we could be ourselves and travel

In love, friendship and hope for

A bright future lay before us

On the winding road that is life

Thank you for reading this and I would love some feedback.
Copyright © 2021 krydon; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 7
  • Love 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

2021 - Fall - A Winding Path Entry
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I could definitely feel the love and friendship in your words.  Nicely done. 

BTW, if you  want to eliminate the double spacing in each stanze, hit shift + return simultaneously at the end of each line within the stanze, but not at the last line in the stanza.  I hope that helps.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Reading this again tonight, I'm struck by the basic fact that however much Gay people work for and long for integration, what will always matter is the sanctity of our relationships. Soul to soul, hand in hand, alone and not dependent on anyone "granting" us rights, because dignity comes from within. Now and always. 

Thank you for posting this poem 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..