Jump to content
    layla
  • Author
  • 173 Words
  • 686 Views
  • 7 Comments
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Shadows on the Ocean - 1. Chapter 1

Shadows on the Ocean

 
 
Alone
Hiding under the covers
I dread the coming of morning
The golden rays to throw light on the walls
Reminding me I’m alone
The pillow and blanket mounds
Shaped in the night
‘Til one could almost pretend they were human
A lovers arms
Melt away in the dawn
The illusion torn
Showing nothing but the black and white cloth
The railway stitching
 
I shiver and lay there
Unwilling to move
Squeeze my eyes shut
For one more dream
Where I'm not here
with the sound of thunder in the distance
pounding to the beat of my heart
Where I'm somewhere far away
And strong arms hold me
Pull me close
Say “I'll never let you go" and "I won't let it get you"
 
It’s all a lie
Never becomes tomorrow
“I love you” becomes “so long”
What we had
In the light
Means nothing
Just another verse in a wordless song
And me drifting
Eternally
Held in place by this raging storm
copyright 2014 LaylaDorine
  • Like 9
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

a thoughtful and intelligent poem, exploring emotions convincingly and imaginatively. thanks for sharing.

Link to comment

So sad! That storm of emotions sounds frightening but after the storm comes...hope? Great job and thanks for sharing!

Link to comment

So sad. So depressing. To be alone with no hope of the situation changing. I felt every word.

Link to comment

Ooh, don't feel so lonely, you can have my teddy and she'll never leave you when the light comes.

Link to comment

I really like how you used the words to express the the coming of love and gone. I feel a bit of personification is somewhere, but I couldn't quite pinpoint what, but beautiful imagery. It's a very good poem, Layla. :)

Link to comment

The imagery you use helps to make it clear how alone the persona in the poem is. Sad and very well done.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..