Jump to content
    Lee Wilson
  • Author
  • 2,096 Words
  • 1,417 Views
  • 9 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
This story is an original work of gay fiction. None of the people or events are real. While some of the town names used may be real, any other geographic references (school, events) are generally fictional. Any resemblance to persons living or dead is completely coincidental. This story depicts sexual situations between high school aged males. If reading this is illegal where you reside, or you are not at least 18 years of age, you are reading at your own risk. This work is the property of the author, Lee R Wilson, and shall not be reproduced and/or re-posted without his permission.

A Strange Start to a Friendship - 5. The Aftermath, and In School

As usual, the typical warning about homophobic slurs. Racial slurs this time as well.

I guess because two of the assholes signed complaints, I had to go through the whole process. Fingerprints, mug shots, handing over everything from my pockets. It’s a good thing I’d already sent mom the video. I wouldn’t be able to get to it, now that my phone is locked up. They took me to an Interview room; mom was already there.

“Went through the whole booking process, I take it?”

“Yeah, ma. I guess now we just wait?”

“Yes. They’re probably waiting for a prosecutor. When they come in, whoever it is, let me answer the questions unless I indicate you should.”

“OK.”

It was nearly ten minutes later when two guys come in.

“Hello Mr. Patterson. I’m detective Dern, this is prosecutor Simms. And you are, ma’am?”

“Sarah Patterson, his lawyer and mother.”

“What type of attorney are you, Mrs. Patterson?”

“A defense attorney. I handle the criminal cases that come into the firm I work for.”

I think that scared the prosecutor. I imagine he was thinking mom did real estate law or something.

“OK. Well then. We’d like to ask you a few questions, Roy.”

“Has he been mirandized?”

“Um…”

“Nothing wrong with doing it twice.”

The detective recites the Miranda warning. I indicate I understand my rights.

“OK, Roy, what was the reason you beat those two boys?”

“Which two boys?”

“We understand there were only two.”

Mom nods to me.

“There were four, detective.”

“Somebody is lying.”

“It isn’t Roy. Would you like to see the video!”

“There was a witness who recorded it?”

“Yes.”

“Again, not what we were told.”

“Apparently, your complainants are not being completely honest. Whatever they told you, this is what happened. Two boys grabbed Roy, assault numbers one and two. Roy defended himself. Being outnumbered he didn’t hold much back. A third boy tried to kick Roy. Assault #3. Again, Roy defended himself. The fourth boy drew a knife, swiping it at Roy. Assault with a deadly weapon. Roy disarmed him, removed his shirt, and picked up the knife with his shirt.”

“Well, that last point somewhat agrees what the complainants said. But according to them, it was Roy who pulled the knife. Where is this knife?”

Mom nodded.

“In my room, at home.”

“Can I send you the video so we can all watch it together on something more than a phone screen?”

The detective handed mom a card and left to go get his laptop. Mom sent it. When he got back, he played the video.

“Will you excuse us for a moment?”

“Sure. Can we get a couple waters? It’s quite warm in here.”

“Sure, I’ll get someone to bring them to you.”

They left, a minute later a uniformed cop brought us two waters.

“I thought it was kind of warm in here.”

“Yes, they like to make their suspects sweat, literally.”

“What do you think they’re doing?”

“Reaming the arresting officer a new asshole, I would guess.”

“Mom! You never talk like that.”

“When the situation demands it…”

We waited at least fifteen more minutes before the detective returned alone, with my belongings.

“We’re terribly sorry. We’ve dispatched cars to the two complainants’ homes. The boy with the knife will definitely be arrested. The prosecutor doesn’t wish to press charges against Roy. But he will need to produce the knife.”

“We can do that.”

“Can I ask the name of the witness, and if that is the original video?”

Mom held up her hand to me.

“The witness is a minor. If needed, you can contact me to reach out to him. The original video is in that bag with Roy’s other belongings.”

He handed me my phone and asked me to send it to the same address.

“Thank you. Again, we’re terribly sorry. The arresting officer has been reprimanded, perhaps more will come after a further investigation. You’re free to leave. If you don’t mind, I will follow you back to your house to retrieve the knife.”

“That will be fine.”

Once back at the house, I went to my room. I had put the knife into a plastic bag, again not touching the knife myself. I brought it out to the detective. He thanked us, apologized once more, and left.

“Why did he apologize so much?”

“Probably to dissuade us from suing for false arrest.”

“We could do that?”

“We could, but because you were released so quickly, it wouldn’t be worth the effort.”

“Hey jailbird.”

“Funny Roger. But I was never in a jail cell.”

“Bummer. It’d be cool to tell my friends you were in jail.”

“You’ll do nothing of the sort, young man.”

“OK mom. I won’t.”

“Is it OK if I tell Cory? He is the witness.”

“Yes. Please let him know I’ll call his mother if they need him.”

“OK.”

I called Cory and told him all about the visit to the police station.

Thursday

Neither Stellars nor a kid named Marks were at practice the next morning. He was the kicker. Both for the team and at me. Coach Enders was not very happy. When the morning practice finished, I knocked on the coach’s door.

“Come in Roy. What can I do for you?”

“I think I know why Stellars and Marks aren’t here.”

“OK.”

“It’s possible they’re in jail.”

“Jail? Take a seat. Why would they be in jail?”

“Yesterday, after practice, Stellars called Cory that name again, and also called me the ‘N’ word. We met off the school grounds right after, they brought two more friends and thought they were going to jump me. They couldn’t just let it drop that I got the upper hand on them and two of them signed an assault complaint against me. It was purely self-defense, I had Cory record it, and the detective picked up Jim’s knife from my house last night.”

“You handled four boys?”

“Yes, but they didn’t all come at me at once. That was obviously their mistake.”

“Well, thanks for letting me know. Go home and rest for this afternoon’s session.”

“You’re welcome, coach.”

Cory and I rode to my house, and grabbed some lunch. Since I had another practice session, and Roger was apparently with the twins, we did make out for a bit. Still nothing more than kissing.

Friday

Thursday’s second practice was uneventful. The rest of the players were behaving themselves after what happened to Stellars and Marks made the rounds. I went into the school on Friday to see about switching my elective to music. I told the guidance counselor that I was going to try out for chorus as well. Music was last period, so she had to switch my trig class to 3rd period, where I previously had typing.

After Friday’s practice, coach Enders posted the starting lineups and depth charts. As I hoped, I got the starting right side linebacker position. Craig Mathis had seniority on the left side. I was also second on the halfback depth and third string tight end. Since there was rarely a situation where three tight ends would play, I figured I was either an injury replacement or would block on some of the running plays for Andy. Andy Anderson really had no strong second position. I figure that’s why he got the #1 running back spot. I was fine with that. He showed he was more than good enough in practice.

Roger arranged a sleepover at the twins’ house for Friday night. Saturday was another short practice, so I’d be able to go with mom in the afternoon to try to get my driver’s license. Cory stayed a little later than usual on Friday. We spent the evening in my room, playing. The subjects of that playing were video games and with ourselves.

We sat next to each other on my bed with our backs against the wall while we played video games.

“Roy. Do you think I can see your dick again?”

“Whoa! Where did that come from?”

“Sorry. I guess I shouldn’t have asked that.”

“No. It’s OK. It just surprised me. I was kind of thinking the same thing sitting next to you.”

“Um, I guess I was thinking about the day we met. I saw you then, but from a distance, and I deleted the video from my phone so mom wouldn’t see it.”

“OK. Maybe we could, you know, jerk off together?”

“Really? Yeah, that’d be awesome.”

Apparently, we both liked that. Neither one of us had ever done anything like that with someone else. Watching him jerk off and cum was probably the hottest thing I’d ever seen. I had the best orgasm ever. Of course, that meant it was the messiest too. We both needed quite a few tissues to clean ourselves up. If jerking off together was that good, I’m not sure I can wait too long until we do it to each other. But, one step at a time. This is all new to both of us.

Saturday

I passed!!!!

Monday

School started today. Cory and I have three classes together, including music, plus lunch. Hopefully he won’t get any hassles in the classes we’re not together. The music teacher Ms. Hinton, asked if there was anybody in the class that wasn’t signed up for chorus. Cory, Alex Rose (everyone called him Axl), and I raised our hands.

“Do you boys expect to sign up?”

We all said yes. Then came the embarrassing part.

“Hopefully we’re in for a treat, class. Today’s class will feature Roy, Alex, and Cory auditioning.”

You’ve heard the phrase, like a deer caught in the headlights? Well, imagine three deer. That was us.

“Who wants to go first?”

Crickets.

“I guess I’ll have to choose then. Roy, you look like a big strong boy. Why don’t you pick a song you want to sing for us? I’ll play it on the piano if I know it.”

“Um, I don’t think I know all the words to any songs.”

“Well, we’ll be doing a holiday concert. Surely you know ‘Jingle Bells.’ Just the first verse and refrain will do.”

She played a few notes to get me started. I sang what she asked. I looked at Cory the whole time so I’d be less nervous.

“That was a little rough, but with a little guidance, I think we’ve found our baritone. How about a round of applause for Roy?”

I’m not sure which was more embarrassing, singing or the applause. Alex made me look like a fool by singing ‘Silent Night.’

“OK, Alex is a tenor. Very nice, Alex.”

He got a round of applause as well. He also got pretty red during it.

“And what would you like to sing, Cory?”

I leaned over and whispered “do Free Bird.”

He nodded, smiling, knowing he could do a good job on that one.

“Do you know Free Bird?”

“Really? Yes, I think I can do that. But I have to ask, why that song?”

“It was one of my dad’s favorites and I sing it at home a lot when I’m depressed.”

“I can’t knock that reason. I’m sure you know where to join in.”

She played a little of the beginning, and when Cory started to sing, the whole class looked at him. Phrases like ‘wow’ and ‘holy shit’ were mumbled. When he finished, we didn’t have to wait for Ms. Hinton to ask us to applaud. I knew it was going to be great, but it must have surprised everyone else.

“That was amazing, Cory. Class, that was what would be called a treble voice. Essentially, soprano for boys. Why didn’t you try out before now?”

“I guess since I was always picked on for a lot of other things, I thought singing would have made it worse. Roy convinced me to try out. I said I would if he would.”

“Thank you Roy. I’m going to guess you play football, like Jerry Baines?”

“I do. Cory is also the team’s manager.”

“Well, you’ll both be happy to know that we only practice after school on Wednesdays, when most of the sports give the players a day off. The rest of the time, in between learning some things about music and performing, we practice here in class.”

I nodded. She then told us about what we would cover in class and the concerts we would perform throughout the year. It sounded like an easy class. Just sing, take part in class, and get an ‘A.’

 

Next up - "Games, Progress, and There’s One in Every Crowd”

Copyright © 2023 Lee Wilson; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 22
  • Love 25
  • Fingers Crossed 3
Feel free to drop me a line if you haven't already. I appreciate the comments, good or bad. 
If you liked this, check out my other stories on nifty. You'll need to search for my email address, some of those may violate GA guidelines (lee.666.wilson@gmail.com)
LRW
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

19 minutes ago, weinerdog said:

They already had a prosecutor ready? Sounds like the Keystone Kops already found Roy guilty. Now that they know Roy's Mother is a defense attorney the next time someone tries to frame Roy maybe the police will actually do their job right

I am purely guessing here but one of the two players in trouble is the kicker. You don't have to be huge to be kicker maybe Cory has some ability to do that

 

The first wait was for the prosecutor. Maybe he was already nearby. Sometimes courthouses are adjacent to the police station.

Correct:

kid named Marks were at practice the next morning. He was the kicker

  • Love 5
Link to comment

Nice pacing to the story.   I loved "Saturday: I passed!!"   Enjoy the characters very much and the fact that except for the image on the story page, it wasn't evident the protagonist is black until the last chapter.  

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to comment
7 hours ago, GanymedeRex said:

Nice pacing to the story.   I loved "Saturday: I passed!!"   Enjoy the characters very much and the fact that except for the image on the story page, it wasn't evident the protagonist is black until the last chapter.  

Thanks. As I mentioned in an earlier comment, I thought I'd added the race fact, but since I use both my laptop and cell phone to edit, using my Dropbox to transfer between platforms, I must have lost a paragraph or two in a missed transfer. My apologies.

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
On 1/2/2024 at 7:15 AM, Lee Wilson said:

Thanks. As I mentioned in an earlier comment, I thought I'd added the race fact, but since I use both my laptop and cell phone to edit, using my Dropbox to transfer between platforms, I must have lost a paragraph or two in a missed transfer. My apologies.

It wasn't a criticism, but a compliment.  No apologies needed. Keep up the great story.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..