Jump to content
    lilansui
    • Author
  • 4,584 Words
  • 5,224 Views
  • 10 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

A Healing Heart - 11. Chapter 11

11

Talin spent his afternoon in the back office at the Talon. He sent out restocking orders to suppliers, checked the sales from the previous night, and prepared bank deposit slips. The math gave him a reprieve, momentarily returning him to his normal life.

Pulling out the top drawer of his desk to get new bank slips, he paused when he saw Detective James’s card. Taking it out, Talin wondered what the detective would say if he knew the truth about Dimitri.

Would the detective arrest Dimitri on sight?

Talin frowned.

Probably not, the man needed evidence.

Didn’t he?

A knock on his door had him dumping the card back in the drawer. He took two deposit slips as Lori walked in.

“Hey boss,” she said with a wide smile.

She looked cheerful in a red and white top and a pair of white jeans.

“Lori,” Talin said. “Hot date?”

“Nope,” Lori perched on the edge of his desk. “I had time to shop yesterday. Thanks for hiring new people. Speaking of hot dates, Dimitri has sucked you away. I don’t think you showed up yesterday.”

“I did too, for a second.”

And then Dimitri had dragged him away with determination.

“You slept over at Dimitri’s, didn’t you?” Lori clapped her hands. “Congratulations. How’s the sex?”

Talin chuckled.

“Aren’t you supposed to be working?”

“Was it a ten? Nine? Eight?” Lori made a face. “Dimitri looks too good for it to be less than eight.”

Talin grinned.

“What if I say fifteen?”

Lori held back a scream.

“Damn it, now you got me horny. I’m jealous.”

“Pervert.”

“What?” Lori fanned herself. “I’m living through you, remember. Damn, you two are hot.”

Talin laughed.

“Get yourself a man, Lori.” Talin finished writing the deposit slips. “Will you drop these off at the bank? I need to get upstairs to change.”

Lori nodded taking the deposit bag he’d prepared.

“It’s good to see you smiling, boss.”

Lori got off the desk and hurried out of his office.

Talin touched his lips amused.

Had he not smiled before?

***

In his loft, Talin took a shower, and changed into worn blue jeans and a t-shirt. He was making coffee when a scratching at his door caught his attention. Remembering the last message he’d received, Talin grabbed a baseball bat he kept in the kitchen corner and hurried out to the living room. He walked as stealthily as he could, and flung the front door open wide.

There was no one, but then he heard footsteps. Stepping out on to the veranda, he frowned when he saw a figure run down the stairs.

“Hey!” Talin shouted running after him barefoot. “Wait, hey!”

He reached downstairs in time to see the figure ride off on a motorcycle, recklessly joining traffic.

“Talin?”

Talin turned to find Dimitri walking up from behind the building.

“Why are you barefoot? What’s with the baseball bat?”

“I was trying to catch the punk who’s leaving messages at my door.” Talin swung the bat in the direction of the road. “He got away.”

Dimitri took the bat from Talin.

“Baby, you look hot when you’re mad. Kiss me hello.”

Talin pressed a chaste kiss on Dimitri’s jaw, and turned to start back up the stairs.

“Hey,” Dimitri grabbed his left elbow stopping him. “Aren’t you happy to see me?”

“Ecstatic,” Talin said, meeting Dimitri’s blue eyes, his heart skipped at the heat he read in them. “Crazy happy, but I want to see what that punk was doing.”

Dimitri let go of his arm. Talin hurried up the stairs, Dimitri following right behind him.

Talin cursed when he saw his front door.

‘You’re going to die.’

The words were spray painted on the heavy door in a crude messy red color.

“You can’t stay here anymore.”

“No one is running me out of my home.” Talin shook his head staring at the mess on the door. “This is going to take days to clean up. I’m going to punch the hell out of that punk when I catch him.”

“This is a threat, Talin.” Dimitri grabbed his arm again stopping him from going into the house. “You can’t stay here.”

“It’s not a threat. It’s a warning.”

“Warning, threat,” Dimitri shrugged. “I don’t like it, period. You’re not safe here.”

“Then move in,” Talin said, tugging his arm out of Dimitri’s hold. He entered the loft and went to the kitchen in search of a bucket.

“If you have no idea who is doing this, maybe I should call that detective. Just incase this is unrelated to you.”

“Everything happening to you is related to me,” Dimitri stated coming to take the bucket from him. “I don’t see how that detective can help without getting killed too.”

Talin watched Dimitri take the bucket to the sink to fill it with water.

“Dimitri.”

“I’ll clean up the door. I need you to take a shower and get dressed.”

“I showered, thank you. And what’s wrong with what I’m wearing?”

Dimitri stared into the filling bucket.

“Vlad invited us to dinner.”

“Us?”

Talin frowned, and then panicked.

“Wait, what? Why me?”

“Because,” Dimitri glanced at him with a frown. “Sasha saw you last night. I should have known she wouldn’t let your presence go.”

“If I refuse?” Talin asked, afraid of meeting this Vlad.

The woman made Dimitri’s eyes go dark.

“I wish we could refuse,” Dimitri said turning off the water. “If I show up without you, she’s going to send an entourage to get you. They won’t be gentle. I can’t have that, Talin.”

Talin studied Dimitri, noting his tense shoulders.

“I’ll come along,” Talin said.

Dimitri held Talin’s gaze for a moment then looked away.

“You don’t have to do this—,” Dimitri started.

“There’s no other choice. I can’t let you go alone. Who knows what she’ll do to you if you defy her orders?”

Talin moved to the sink, taking Dimitri’s left hand. He ran a thumb over an old scar on Dimitri’s knuckles.

“We’re in this together now.”

“That’s not comforting,” Dimitri said, making him look up.

Blue eyes held his, Talin hated the shadows he saw there…the guilt.

He leaned up and kissed Dimitri, giving him a soft kiss.

“What about that?” he asked. “Is that comforting?”

Dimitri smiled.

“Not quite there.”

Talin bit back a chuckle and stepped closer. He wrapped his arms around Dimitri’s shoulders, pressing his body against Dimitri’s. Meeting Dimitri’s beautiful eyes, he took Dimitri’s lips in a full kiss. Savoring the taste of him, using his tongue to explore Dimitri’s hot mouth. He moaned and closed his eyes when Dimitri held him tight, and returned his kiss.

And for a moment, nothing else mattered.

When Dimitri ended their kiss, Talin pressed his forehead to his.

“Did that work?” he asked in a trembling voice.

Dimitri smiled and his heart skipped a beat.

“Yes.”

“Good,” Talin said. “Do we have time to clean up the door? What time is this dinner?”

“Nine o’clock.”

Talin glanced at the microwave time over Dimitri’s shoulder. It was only six-thirty.

“We have time,” Talin said.

He started to move out of Dimitri’s embrace, but Dimitri wouldn’t let go.

“Dimitri?”

“You smell so good,” Dimitri nuzzled his neck, and Talin sighed.

“I don’t think we can squeeze in sex.”

“And why not?” Dimitri turned him around moving them back until Talin’s hip bumped against the kitchen table.

“We’re about to meet the queen of death,” Talin joked with a moan when Dimitri nipped sensitive skin at his neck.

“Sex with me will distract you,” Dimitri said wickedly.

Dimitri’s hands dropped to the button on Talin’s jeans, snapping it open, the zipper opened easily. Talin bit his lip when Dimitri’s warm fingers cupped him, arousal slamming through him, untamed and blistering.

Damn, the man did know how to distract him.

Dimitri smiled and licked Talin’s bottom lip, kissing him as he stroked him.

Pleasure ignited, throwing out all sense of propriety. Talin gasped when Dimitri got on his knees and took him into his mouth. His fingers sunk into Dimitri’s dark hair, a moan escaping when Dimitri sucked on his sensitive cock. There was nothing like it, he wanted to sink deeper into Dimitri’s mouth and stay there for years.

He came too fast; Dimitri swallowing him whole drove him over the edge. His orgasm raced through every cell in his body, leaving him weak and slumped against the kitchen table.

Dimitri tugged Talin’s jeans down, removing them. When Dimitri came up, Talin reached for Dimitri’s belt buckle, opening the zipper, ready to return the favor. But Dimitri reached for his t-shirt and tugged it off instead, leaving Talin naked.

Talin bit his lip with a smile. He started to turn ready to bend over the kitchen table, Dimitri stopped him again. His breath caught when he met Dimitri’s gaze. Desire, need, such small words to describe the burning heat he read in those blue depths. That it was all because of him was breathtaking. Stepping back once, he lifted himself until he sat on the kitchen table. It was the perfect height. Shifting until he was comfortable, he pointed to a bottle of olive oil he’d left at the kitchen counter a while back.

Dimitri removed his shirt, and dumped it on the floor beside Talin’s clothes. Talin’s fingers itched to run over Dimitri’s shoulders, feel those roped muscles, so beautifully carved by hard work at the marina. Dimitri got the olive oil, and Talin lay back on the table, lifting his legs and bracing his heels on the edge. It left him open to Dimitri, in every possible way.

The moment Dimitri touched him, all thought disappeared, replaced by sensation. Dimitri’s calloused hands on him, in him, he got hard again. Toes curling, need clawing deep inside him, he wanted more, so much more.

Then Dimitri slid into him, thick, hard and scotching hot. Dimitri’s cock stroked inside him…Talin moaned, reaching for Dimitri. His fingers digging into Dimitri’s arms, his hips surging into Dimitri’s thrusts…gods, it felt like he was going to burst with pleasure. Dimitri took him fast, and hard, leaning over him, kissing him endless kisses, that took in all his ecstatic moans. When he came, Dimitri kept stroking into him, his pace increasing, and Talin couldn’t helping shouting when Dimitri came inside him, white hot jets of semen coating his insides, it send him over the edge yet again.

For a while, they lay on the kitchen table, not moving.

Talin trembled, his fingers sweeping through Dimitri’s damp hair. Their lips sealed. Delicious tingles ran through his body. Dimitri broke their kiss, his arms wrapping around him. He moaned when Dimitri pulled him up until he was sitting.

“You undo me. The way you give yourself to me,” Dimitri whispered into his ear. “Talin…”

“I know,” Talin said, pressing a soft kiss on Dimitri’s shoulder. “I know.”

“Nothing can happen to you,” Dimitri said, fear in his words. “I—

“Shh…it will be alright,” Talin said, combing his fingers through Dimitri’s hair. “Take me to the shower.”

Dimitri sighed, pressing a kiss on Talin’s shoulder. He held Talin close, hugging him tight.

Talin closed his eyes and worked at keeping a light mood. Tonight wasn’t going to be easy, maybe Dimitri was right. A distraction was important.

“The door is open,” Talin said, leaning back to meet Dimitri’s eyes. “That’s kinky, Dimitri.”

Dimitri laughed, and Talin smiled, seeing Dimitri’s eyes brighten.

“That’s better.”

Talin kissed him.

Dimitri grinned, his hands on Talin’s hips.

“Wrap your legs around me.”

Talin did as Dimitri asked. Their shared heat smoldered. Here he was naked, Dimitri still in his jeans. Dimitri lifted him up effortlessly. Talin rained kisses along Dimitri’s jaw as they left the kitchen. Dimitri paused long enough to close the front door before they headed to Talin’s bedroom and the shower.

***

An hour later, Dimitri finished wiping the red paint from the door. Dumping the ruined rag into the bucket, he stared at the door for a moment. The message was spray-painted in a hurry.

Glancing at the roof, he made a note to install a security camera. This punk terrorizing Talin needed to be dealt with, and fast. Things were already too complicated as it was.

Cursing under his breath, Dimitri entered the loft, and closed the door. Taking the bucket to the sink, he rinsed it out and threw the ruined rag out. Wiping his hands, he went in search of Talin.

The overhead lights were on in the bedroom. Talin stood by his closet, dressed in a navy blue shirt and a pair of dark slacks that fit him to perfection.

Dimitri moved closer, and Talin gave him a phantom of a smile as he buttoned his shirt.

Dimitri took Talin’s right hand, pressed a kiss on slender fingers, and took over buttoning Talin’s shirt. Their dinner with Vlad was in an hour. The closer the time came, the more Dimitri wanted to hide Talin away, but he was afraid Vlad would send men after him.

Meeting Talin’s gaze, Dimitri read resolve in Talin’s eyes.

“Don’t talk unless I ask you to,” Dimitri said. “Vlad is temperamental, in a bad way. Anything can set her off.”

Talin nodded and a lock of hair fell over his left brow.

Dimitri reached up to brush it behind Talin’s ear.

“Don’t protect me,” Dimitri continued, his fingers rubbing Talin’s earlobe. “If she insults me or my family, don’t defend us.”

“Dimitri,” Talin said in protest.

“Promise me,” Dimitri said, dropping his hands on Talin’s shoulders. “I don’t want you to make an impression with her.”

Talin reached up to cup Dimitri’s jaw.

“Stop freaking out. It’s only dinner, for me anyway, right? I promise not to let on I know what’s going on. Can you trust me to do that?”

Dimitri stared into Talin’s brown eyes and wondered if Talin could see just how far he’d fallen for him. How deep his heart had plummeted, he couldn’t remember not needing to see Talin.

“I trust you,” Dimitri said then, meaning it.

Talin leaned up to kiss him and they stood locked in each other’s arms for a few minutes.

***

Dimitri drove into Katerina’s restaurant at five minutes to nine.

Talin felt regret that he was returning to Katerina’s restaurant this way. He’d hoped to come back with Dimitri for dinner, or maybe lunch. He loved Katerina’s food, and she was also funny. It couldn’t be easy for Dimitri to have both him and Katerina here tonight.

Dimitri looked handsome in a grey suit, the collar of his white shirt was unbuttoned, his dark hair brushed back. He cut a powerful figure.

Talin adjusted the sleeves of his black blazer, closing the button as they walked up to the main entrance. Katerina met them at the door. She looked nervous, though she gave them a wide smile.

“Glad to see you, Talin,” she said, kissing Talin’s jaw. “You look handsome as always.”

He hugged her and she whispered in his ear.

“Any sign of trouble run out the back way. Dimitri has his Sean and Tomas waiting there.”

Talin kissed her cheek and stepped back. Like he would leave any of them behind, he gave Dimitri a scowl and entered the restaurant first. Talin paused looking around the empty dining room.

“Are you closed?” he asked.

Katerina smiled, though it didn’t reach her eyes.

“Dimitri’s guests have reserved the restaurant for the night.”

Katerina gave Dimitri a slight nod.

“They are in the private dining room you used before.”

“Thanks Kat,” Dimitri said.

Two men in black suits emerged from the restaurant’s kitchen. They paused at the entrance into the dining room and Katerina gave them an apprehensive glance.

“There are more of them around the restaurant,” Katerina said with a sigh. “Better get in there.”

Dimitri took Talin’s elbow and led him past the two men. They took the corridor that would take them to the private dining room.

Heart pounding in his chest, Talin took in a deep breath, trying to remain calm.

Two more men stood waiting at the door into the dining room. They stopped them from entering.

“Gotta check you for weapons,” one of the men said, there was no smile to soften his request.

Dimitri gave Talin a reassuring gaze, and opened his arms, inviting the search.

Talin submitted to it with a grimace. He hated the roving hands on his body. The door opened and he followed Dimitri into the private dining room.

“Dimitri Sedlackov,” A dark haired woman seated at the round table said her voice heavily accented. “Glad you could make it.”

She stood up gracefully. She looked formidable in an expensive purple dress that clung to her voluptuous curves. Her eyes were sharp when they settled on Talin. They chilled him. Her lips coated in rich red lipstick curved into a smile.

“This must be Talin Sato,” she said not needing an introduction. “The proud owner of the Talon, your reputation precedes you, young man.”

Talin curbed his wince. He was thirty-one, hardly young. He wondered if she was insulting his mind-set.

“You’re lovers?” she asked Dimitri.

Dimitri placed a hand on Talin’s elbow urging him forward to the table.

Talin held his breath as Dimitri pulled out a chair for him.

“He is my boyfriend,” Dimitri said.

“Wonderful,” she said with a little clap that reminded Talin of a little child.

She reclaimed her seat and Talin realized Dimitri had placed them across Vlad. Dimitri sat to his right. He looked at ease, but Talin was well aware how tense Dimitri was.

“Talin,” Vlad said, her smile genuine this time. “I’m sure Dimitri has not told you who I am.”

Talin cleared his throat.

“No, Dimitri doesn’t share much about what he does at the marina. He only said you’re a business partner. I was happy to come along with him tonight though. I wanted to see Dimitri’s serious side.”

Talin forced a laugh.

Vlad laughed with him.

“You’re lucky you see the more relaxed Dimitri. All I get is the business side. I like your charm, Talin. I am Irina Petrova. Please, call me Irina.”

Talin froze in his seat.

A Petrov!

Maybe the name Petrov was common in Colston, sort of like Peter, and John. Jeez, she couldn’t be the Petrov he was looking for, could she?

If she was…

Fuck! Did she know who he was?

Dimitri placed his hand on Talin’s knee dragging him back from the edge. Talin forced back his fear, realizing he needed to convince this woman that he had no idea she was the head of the Colston Russian mob.

Talin smiled and looked at Dimitri.

“You didn’t tell me your business partner was so beautiful.”

Vlad laughed with pleasure.

“I like your boyfriend, Dimitri.”

She motioned at one of the men standing by the door.

“We’ll have champagne. We must celebrate. It is rare I get to indulge in such simple pleasures as love. Seeing you two together makes me nostalgic for my husband.”

Talin nodded and Dimitri took his hand under the table, steadying him.

“Tell me, Talin,” Vlad said. “How did you two meet? I love a good first meet.”

Talin squeezed Dimitri’s hand.

“We met at the Talon, on an ordinary day for me. Dimitri walked in with the men who work with him at the marina. I thought they’d cause trouble because they’re a bit rough around the edges. But…he was the perfect gentleman.”

“You served him drinks and fell in love?” Vlad asked, her eyes wide with interest.

“No,” Talin shook his head. “He came back to the club for over a year. Always the same table, sat there for hours, not talking to me, only watching.”

“You’re the one who wouldn’t talk to me,” Dimitri said, making Talin chuckle.

“I was wary of him,” Talin said. “There was a slight misunderstanding a few weeks ago. I confronted him and we ended up kissing.”

“Oh how wonderful,” Vlad said with glee. “Passion ignited with a kiss, and now you’re together. Beautiful. I’m jealous. I never had a love story to tell, you see.”

The door opened and two waiters walked in carrying a bottle of champagne and three glasses. Vlad accepted the glass of champagne the waiter poured for her. She met Dimitri’s gaze and made a show of drinking the champagne first.

Talin wondered if it was to show faith. Talin took his glass and after a reassuring squeeze on his hand from Dimitri, he took a small sip. Vlad gave him an approving nod and continued.

“My husband and I, we married for necessity. I was young and poor, living a difficult life in Moscow. He was wealthy and needed a woman. We made a deal, he offered me money, and I became his woman. Love came later, as a result of years together.”

Vlad lifted her glass, urging them to do the same.

“This is why I say, savor your connection,” she said.

Talin wondered if she was warning them.

“To love,” Vlad toasted.

“To love,” Dimitri and Talin both said, though as Talin sipped his champagne, he wondered how they could savor love with death looming so close.

Vlad placed her champagne flute on the table and turned her attention to Dimitri.

“I heard about your problem last night.” Vlad narrowed her gaze. “I find myself wondering why men would come at you on board the Anastasia. Perhaps they knew the boat from the days your father sailed it.”

“Are you saying they were looking for my father?” Dimitri asked.

“Something like that,” Vlad said with a frown. “Does it makes sense?”

“No.” Dimitri held her gaze. “Everyone knows my father is dead.”

“You see where the problem is, if that is not the case,” Vlad said.

Dimitri didn’t answer, and for a moment, Talin didn’t see what the problem was.

“The marina is in my territory, Sedlackov. Whether you’re in the middle of the lake, or on land, someone tries to get on one of your boats that way,” Vlad said, her tone cold as an ice storm. “They’re making a move against me. If you don’t know who they are, it’s a big problem. It means I need a show of force to reinforce my territory.”

Dimitri’s hold on Talin’s hand tightened.

“We shouldn’t discuss this with Talin here,” Dimitri said then. “Will you allow Talin to go see Kat—”

“Talin stays,” Vlad cut him off.

She pushed her chair back and stood. She paced to the windows, her purple heels wrapping a beat on the wooden floor. Talin watched her cross her arms against her chest.

She stared out the window for a moment, before she turned to face them.

“Our alliance, Dimitri, is based on trust,” Vlad said. “This is the truth, yes?”

“Yes.” Dimitri nodded.

“Trust is important,” Vlad said. “I look at you, and think he’s new at this. I’ve watched you grow in this life these past four years. Before Lucian introduced you to me, I rallied for you, wanting you to do better. This is why I have to show you how to discern the difference between love and lust. After all, I protect my own. You are deceived, Dimitri.”

“Deceived?” Dimitri asked. “By whom?”

Talin felt bile in his gut roll ready to explode out.

“This Talin Sato seated beside you, your so called lover,” Vlad said with a startling smile. “He has deceived you. I do my homework before I meet people. You’ve hidden yourself well, Mr. Sato. Owning the club is genius, no one would bother to look beyond the façade you’ve created.”

Dimitri gripped Talin’s hand tight under the table, a warning not to speak.

“What are you talking about?” Dimitri asked. “Talin is—

“Gabriel Yun’s husband,” Vlad said, her eyes gleaming with triumph, “a wealthy New York business man who knew how to make money. Mr. Sato here is the sole heir to Gabriel’s fortune, the largest stockholder of Pan Limited, and my goodness I have been looking for you for a while.”

Talin’s blood ran cold when the men who’d been standing by the door moved closer, drawing their guns, and pointing them at him.

Dimitri started to stand but a solid hand on his shoulder stopped him.

“Be still, Dimitri. Sasha likes you, he’d hate to kill you,” Vlad said, walking back to the table. “I wanted to see Talin first, see if he’d tell the truth before I made my judgment.”

“What judgment?” Dimitri asked. “Are you seriously threatening to shoot my boyfriend in front of me? You’re going to have to kill me too. I won’t forgive you for this.”

“What a waste that would be,” Vlad said in amusement. “Calm yourself, Dimitri.”

“Stop pointing guns at Talin and I will,” Dimitri said.

Vlad smiled and turned to Talin. Her gaze hard, challenging him.

Talin fought the urge to scream his rage. This woman was Petrov. The Petrov he’d looked for until he’d almost lost himself. She’d ordered Gabriel’s murder.

“What do you want?” Talin asked her in a tight voice.

Vlad’s smile widened and she sat down. She nodded to one of her men, and he took a step closer, pressing the muzzle of his gun onto Talin’s forehead.

Fear filled him, his grip on Dimitri’s hand tightened.

Dimitri started to get up despite Sasha but stopped when the door crashed open behind them.

Talin closed his eyes when a rush of men entered the room. The sound of guns cocking at the ready had him wishing for the days his biggest problem was finding a stick of nicotine gum.

Why had he agreed to come here again?

Opening his eyes, Talin met Vlad’s dark gaze.

She grinned.

“Dimitri, I asked you to a simple dinner in good faith, and you bring a snarling tiger along.”

“What do you mean?” Dimitri asked, sounding confused.

Talin exhaled when a gentle hand squeezed his left shoulder.

Dimitri turned to look at him, his gaze darkening slightly when he saw the man standing right behind Talin. Talin didn’t miss Dimitri’s scowl when he saw the hand on his shoulder.

“Dimitri, meet Gabriel’s twin brother,” Vlad said with triumph. “Raphael Yun, Talin’s guardian angel. You’re the one who wants a fight for my territory, yes?”

Raphael gave a delighted laugh and gave Vlad a bow.

“Vlad, I hope I’m not late for dessert,” Raphael said with a wide grin. “I think chocolate cake is on the menu. I know how much you love chocolate cake. I brought one just for you.”

“No thanks, Raphael,” Vlad said. “Talin seems surprised by you. You never told him you watch him like a hawk.”

“He’s my brother’s beloved. Of course I must take care of him.” Raphael shifted, placing himself between Dimitri and Talin despite their clasped hands. “I protect him too, from everything, even himself.”

“Raphael,” Talin started.

“Hush, Talin,” Raphael said. “You still don’t understand?”

“What are you doing?” Talin asked, his gaze never leaving Vlad. “She’s—

Bratva,” Raphael said. “I know.”

Vlad’s smile disappeared and she crossed her arms against her chest.

“And you, Raphael?” Vlad asked. “Will you tell him what you are? Don’t you think it’s time to let Talin know why Gabriel is dead?”

Talin gaped, and he let go of Dimitri’s hand, his gaze flying to Raphael.

***

2014 Suilan Lee
  • Like 34
  • Wow 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Could Talon have been living so close to the truth all this time? No wonder Raphael wanted him to stop looking. Has Raphael been using him for a cover as well? Letting him own the company?

 

Seems it's going to take a lot of quick thinking to get out of that room alive...

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 07/18/2015 07:11 PM, Puppilull said:

Could Talon have been living so close to the truth all this time? No wonder Raphael wanted him to stop looking. Has Raphael been using him for a cover as well? Letting him own the company?

 

Seems it's going to take a lot of quick thinking to get out of that room alive...

Quite the fast thinking I tell you...thank you for reading...answers next chapter...^_^

  • Like 1
Link to comment

OMG...I knew raphael wanted Talin. I don't think his protection is all about his belonging to Gabriel. I suspected he was protecting him and aligned with someone but not that he was in the mob himself. That he'd make a move on Vlad. I did worry after his call that he'd threaten Dimitri, but I didn't think it was his attack on the boat b/c Talin was there and could have been killed by accident. Does Dimitri know Raphael? Did he keep that from Talin? Raphael touching his shoulder and Dimitri scowling at him makes me wonder. But, I don't think he'd have hidden that from Talin. I can't believe his brother died probably in place of him b/c they were twins. How sad is that. And instead of repenting he continues to try to rule this world. Horrible.
You definitely are making this exciting. can't wait for more!

  • Like 2
Link to comment

You captured the intensity of the dinner beautifully--and left us with a damn cliffhanger! Evil, merely brilliantly evil!
Now, where's that next chapter?!?!?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 07/20/2015 08:49 AM, Cannd said:

OMG...I knew raphael wanted Talin. I don't think his protection is all about his belonging to Gabriel. I suspected he was protecting him and aligned with someone but not that he was in the mob himself. That he'd make a move on Vlad. I did worry after his call that he'd threaten Dimitri, but I didn't think it was his attack on the boat b/c Talin was there and could have been killed by accident. Does Dimitri know Raphael? Did he keep that from Talin? Raphael touching his shoulder and Dimitri scowling at him makes me wonder. But, I don't think he'd have hidden that from Talin. I can't believe his brother died probably in place of him b/c they were twins. How sad is that. And instead of repenting he continues to try to rule this world. Horrible.

You definitely are making this exciting. can't wait for more!

Reading this now, I think Raphael is one of those characters that sort of jumps out and goes like, notice me, I'm here, what do you think I'll do next...lolz. Thank you, has me thinking...mmmm...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 07/22/2015 05:07 AM, Robert Rex said:

You captured the intensity of the dinner beautifully--and left us with a damn cliffhanger! Evil, merely brilliantly evil!

Now, where's that next chapter?!?!?

Hehehe.....the cliff hanger was intentional,lolz...

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Okay, what the hell just happened???? I was sure the dinner was going to be intense but I had no clue that Raphael was with the bad guys. I was surprised to know that Vlad was Petrov and then this Raphael's entry at the end of the chapter was too good. Now I can't wait to know what happens next so moving onto the next chapter. Awesome chapter girl:)

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Woah! I just started this story last night and I am already here... this story is SO GOOD! I am amazed at the writing the characters, etc. One thing though however, is the names. In Russia, the female's surname has the 'a' at the end. So for 'Vlad' her first name escaped me but her surname should be 'Petrova' and Dimitri's surname (that too escaped me) should end only with 'ov'. Other than that, the story is amazing and I have to get back reading all of it!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 12/10/2015 04:08 PM, SecretDiehardRomantic said:

Woah! I just started this story last night and I am already here... this story is SO GOOD! I am amazed at the writing the characters, etc. One thing though however, is the names. In Russia, the female's surname has the 'a' at the end. So for 'Vlad' her first name escaped me but her surname should be 'Petrova' and Dimitri's surname (that too escaped me) should end only with 'ov'. Other than that, the story is amazing and I have to get back reading all of it!

Thank you so much for reading this story. Cheeks flaming...I'm now going back to each chapter updating this thing because I also realize that Dimitri would be Sedlackov and Sedlackova as I've named him throughout. So, thank you so much for catching that...I'll edit this as I go...you're awesome. ^_^

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..